Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So who's serving the crow for the Romo haters?
Damn good game he played today.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as the Cowboys have a running game Romo will do fine. If the running game goes down, then all bets are off.

Today's win was a running game win.

This year's record is all about the offensive line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So who's serving the crow for the Romo haters?
Damn good game he played today.
View Quote

yeah, but his 3rd quarter lay down for a sack was bad.  That is all the hate I have today. lol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As long as the Cowboys have a running game Romo will do fine. If the running game goes down, then all bets are off.

View Quote

I think the Cowboys defense is a bit under-rated.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Look how well this season is going - keeping the ball away from Romo!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I underestimated them.  Based on last years D, I figured we were going 6 and 10.    

On Romo:  his stats were 21/32 for 250 yards and 2 TD he had a QB rating of 110.2

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I underestimated them.  Based on last years D, I figured we were going 6 and 10.    

On Romo:  his stats were 21/32 for 250 yards and 2 TD he had a QB rating of 110.2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he had a good game today. williams and dez came up huge on a couple of big catches.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
How bout them Cowboys....
How bout them Fans....

CABALLEROS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
A lot of people lost money in Vegas today, let's see if they can keep it going ! Best game they've played this year !
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Not new, but always funny.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not new, but always funny.

http://www.bartcop.com/cowboys-line-unfamilar.jpg
View Quote

why is six afraid of seven?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
No need to get excited, they will fuck it up
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

the odds are in that favor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  Haven't the Cowboys had around a .500 record over the last decade?  Not to mention they are 5-1 and just beat the best team in the NFL at the hardest venue in the NFL?  

And you are still talking down on them?  I don't get it.  

Are Cowboys fans really that spoiled an entitled?  Try being a Bengals or a Browns fan (in the 90's and 2000's, respectively.)  You don't know what it feels like to root for a team that is constantly an embarrassment.  Just because you guys don't have emit smith, the moose, and troy Aikman leading you to the super bowl every year doesn't mean you have a bad team.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep expecting it and they pull it out. We'll see

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gonna be pretty hard at 5-1. I'm not one to drink  koolaide but this team is different they other teams of recent years. They have confidence and don't get flustered like I've been accustomed too. I know it's still early (special Ed teams) but this is a vastly different team than we're used to watching and this win proves that. They may have got something here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol.  Haven't the Cowboys had around a .500 record over the last decade?  Not to mention they are 5-1 and just beat the best team in the NFL at the hardest venue in the NFL?  

Are Cowboys fans really that spoiled an entitled?  Try being a Bengals or a Browns fan (in the 90's and 2000's, respectively.)  You don't know what it feels like to root for a team that is constantly an embarrassment.  Just because you guys don't have emit smith, the moose, and troy Aikman leading you to the super bowl every year doesn't mean you have a bad team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am primarily a Dallas Stars fan - if you want to go into getting used to mediocrity - go look at our last decade, and i've been a die hard stars fan since they moved here in 1993. I also follow Texas A&M Football and Texas Tech football, and have followed those teams my whole life as well.

I've been a cowboys fan my whole life, and yes - there is an expectation for them to be a marquee team in the NFL, no different that the Yankees in baseball.

aside from those things - most cowboys fans despise Jerry Jones - he's a moron with a fat checkbook that won't bring in a proper coach or a proper GM. It seems - finally - his son is taking a bigger role in management and starting to make some positive improvements.

we're upset because we've had the talent to do well many times, and due to team administration issues - consistently vastly under-perform our capabilities. at this point - if you don't expect the cowboys to find a way to screw this up - even as a die hard fan - you're not familiar with this team over the last 15 years or so.

I love my Cowboys, and i'm very excited to see them doing well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romo could win 3 super bowls in a row and 3 MVPs in a row and the haters would still find something to bitch about.  It's just what they do.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]
They've got the NY Giants in Dallas next week and they play tonight at Philly, so It'll be interesting to see how Eli plays.  Philly too, because they're coming up soon.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bring on the white knighting. I want to hear you justify again why romo is a good QB.

The problem is, undebatably MORE than just tony romo, the Defense is awful, we need a GM and a real coach. I know all this.

Let's hear you defend romo.
View Quote

Lol.

Past his prime, but probably better than your team's QB.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring on the white knighting. I want to hear you justify again why romo is a good QB.

The problem is, undebatably MORE than just tony romo, the Defense is awful, we need a GM and a real coach. I know all this.

Lol.

you realize I am a Cowboys fan, right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i refuse to be a cowboys fan until Romo and Jones both go. and we know that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
View Quote

I bet you've been watching!

And Marinelli is a god damned warlock.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

His post still stands.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Romo is a God
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Romo is a God
View Quote

I wouldn't go that far, but he is a better player than a lot of people give him credit for.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Life long Cowboy fan.

I barely remember Roger Staubach.
I hated San Francisco. I still hate Joe Montana and Dwight Clarke. I can't believe I find myself rooting for them today.
I hated the Redskins. The rivalry isn't what is used to be.
I hate Buddy Ryan and the Eagles as well as their classless fans.
I was pissed when Jones fired Landry like he did.
I felt sorry for Buffalo...
I was pissed when Jones ran off Jimmy Johnson.
I was not amused when Jones hired Barry Switzer. (UT fan as well).

This all being said I have watched Tony play many games, the one thing that I believe hurts him is he is inconsistent. He will have 2-3 games where he single-handedly leads the team to victory. He will then have a game where he is horrid and sinks the team. The problem is the bad games seem to come late in the season or in the playoffs.

Every year it happens, he plays well and people begin to believe. Every year he and the team collapse.

Still Romo isn't our biggest problem. Our single biggest problem is our owner, Al Davis the Second. Jerry Jones is the root of all problems in Dallas. If he sticks around much longer we will be just like the Raiders, a once proud and feared organization that is a laughing stock to be pitied by the people that remember their glory days and universally ignored by anybody under 35.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Gonna be pretty hard at 5-1. I'm not one to drink  koolaide but this team is different they other teams of recent years. They have confidence and don't get flustered like I've been accustomed too. I know it's still early (special Ed teams) but this is a vastly different team than we're used to watching and this win proves that. They may have got something here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two words....Jerry Jones.  

Cowboys have found a way to surprise everyone this year, hopefully for them it holds.  And hopefully everyone stays healthy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try being a Pats fan.  Any and I mean any loss causes panic mode, people start calling for Brady to be benched, Belichick to be fired, Kraft to move the team to Bangor, ME, etc.  Most spoiled fan base ever.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cowboys have found a way to surprise everyone this year, hopefully for them it holds.  And hopefully everyone stays healthy.

I'm not a huge fan of Jerry Jones, but his fingerprints are all over this team.    He's listening to the people he hired for a change, which is an improvement.

If this team achieves anything,  Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit.    Its REALLY fucking hard for me to type that sentence, but its true.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not a huge fan of Jerry Jones, but his fingerprints are all over this team.    He's listening to the people he hired for a change, which is an improvement.

If this team achieves anything,  Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit.    Its REALLY fucking hard for me to type that sentence, but its true.

I see what you are saying, but just pray he doesn't decide to "improve" things.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Cowboys fans are like a bad case of the Herp...

they'll nag you every chance they get over something that happened a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

they'll nag you every chance they get over something that happened a long time ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What are you even talking about? This thread was about Romo - who has been kicking ass for the last 5 weeks. Last night in particular it was bumped - not quite "a long time ago"

Quoted:
Romo gets intercepted because he tries to win the game by himself.    He is actually a decent quarterback, but he has to realize that he has to protect the ball.

The Cryboys have a horrible defence and they are going to suffer through a long season

That was everyone's thought at the beginning of the season - but holy shit they've made a complete 180 from last year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That was everyone's thought at the beginning of the season - but holy shit they've made a complete 180 from last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Romo gets intercepted because he tries to win the game by himself.    He is actually a decent quarterback, but he has to realize that he has to protect the ball.

The Cryboys have a horrible defence and they are going to suffer through a long season

I agree, both with Fluffy on why Romo has struggled in the past (having to do it all)  and how they appear to have turned things around.   I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan and we're coming up on 20 years since the last Superbowl, and the string of 8-8 records and december collapses is too recent.  I want to see them win in December before I believe the curse is truly broken.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Less than 24 hours ago is "a long time ago"?

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Was directed at the haters...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I agree with a lot of the above Cowboys fans that posted above. I am a life long fan ever since I was interested in football around the age of 6 or 7. I lived through the 90's Super Bowl teams and it doesn't get any better than those years. Why? Because we had a head coach and staff that was all business. For the past 20 years it has been so frustrating to see a ton of talent come through the team only to see it pissed away by a piss poor coaching staff. I have always believed in our players , but blame our mediocrity of the past 2 decades on the front office and he who calls himself the GM,. Right now we have talent bleeding out of our ears. Can we keep it together for a full season and not shut down in December? That is up to the coaching staff and always has been.

If we can continue to run the ball effectively , keep the defense off the field , keep the pressure off Romo and control the pace of the games we will be successful. With that being said we need to get Joseph Randle more touches sprinkled in throughout the games. With DeMarco Murray's injury issues going all the way back to his days as a Sooner (FUCK OU, HOOK EM HORNS!), we can't keep giving him 25 carrys a game and expect him to stay healthy all year. With the holes out offensive line is creating, Felix Jones could have success with this years team.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Since he became a starter Romo has more game winning drives in the 4th quarter/OT than any other QB.

In the past 3 seasons no QB has more 4th quarter/OT comeback wins than Romo.

Kind of strange facts for a guy that supposedly always chokes under pressure.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but with how the Giants are playing, 6-1 is looking very likely.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Since he became a starter Romo has more game winning drives in the 4th quarter/OT than any other QB.

View Quote

Not strange at all because those facts don't matter at all.  All that matters is postseason success.  He always chokes when it matters.  That's why he's such a lightning rod for criticism.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Try being a Pats fan.  Any and I mean any loss causes panic mode, people start calling for Brady to be benched, Belichick to be fired, Kraft to move the team to Bangor, ME, etc.  Most spoiled fan base ever.
View Quote
Really?  Because I grew up outside of Boston and still talk to people daily from up there.  No one I know that calls themselves a Pats fan says any of those things....

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Really?  Because I grew up outside of Boston and still talk to people daily from up there.  No one I know that calls themselves a Pats fan says any of those things....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever hang out at patsfans.com?  You listen to much local sports talk up here after a loss?  Yeah, try it sometime and get back to me
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not strange at all because those facts don't matter at all.  All that matters is postseason success.  He always chokes when it matters.  That's why he's such a lightning rod for criticism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's all them Romo haters?    

The classic excuse is "wait until December" as a way to completely disregard anything good he does.

Apparently the bad stuff counts before December.  The good stuff doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Yeah, taking a team that has no business even thinking about the playoffs and keeping them competitive every single year is "choking", I guess.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Like I said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's all them Romo haters?    

The classic excuse is "wait until December" as a way to completely disregard anything good he does.

Apparently the bad stuff counts before December.  The good stuff doesn't.

I'm not a hater at all I like Tony I'm just saying in reference to your one post about comeback wins, I'm sure 9 out of 10 cowboys fans would prefer making the playoffs over a couple 4th quarter comebacks in Sept./Oct.  Who cares about 4th quarter comebacks?  I'm sure that's not the measure of success for Dallas fans. I don't see how you can call a guy clutch if he never makes the playoffs, let alone wins a postseason game.<--------- Does not make me a hater, Go Tony!!!!

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Lol. Yeah, taking a team that has no business even thinking about the playoffs and keeping them competitive every single year is "choking", I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have no business thinking about the playoffs?  In the worst division in football over the last couple seasons?  In the only division in football without a single postseason win over the last two years?  You do realize it's been called the NFC Least for several years right?  And haven't had a repeat conference champ in a decade?  What juggernaut do the Cowboys keep facing in their own division that would leave them unable to even think about making the playoffs?  It's not like they're the Raiders or Jags????
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
They have no business thinking about the playoffs?  In the worst division in football over the last couple seasons?  In the only division in football without a single postseason win over the last two years?  You do realize it's been called the NFC Least for several years right?  And haven't had a repeat conference champ in a decade?  What juggernaut do the Cowboys keep facing in their own division that would leave them unable to even think about making the playoffs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have no business thinking about the playoffs?  In the worst division in football over the last couple seasons?  In the only division in football without a single postseason win over the last two years?  You do realize it's been called the NFC Least for several years right?  And haven't had a repeat conference champ in a decade?  What juggernaut do the Cowboys keep facing in their own division that would leave them unable to even think about making the playoffs?

let's see--consistently bad defense, consistently terrible run game, consistently porous offensive line, bad team structure, salary cap problems, and revolving door assistant coaching staff.

either jerry is a personnel genius who makes superb decisions...and romo fucks everything up, or romo is a fantastic QB who masks all the shortcomings of jerry's approach.

you're basically saying that jerry is a top-quality GM.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the other 10 games  don't matter? You can win all of your division games and still not make the playoffs if you lose the rest while the rest of the division does better than 6-10.

Simply put, the team has had shit for a running game, offensive line, and defense for the last few years. Yet each year, they had a shot at the playoffs even though the team shouldn't have even been in consideration. Without Romo and the receivers we would have had half the wins.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You ever hang out at patsfans.com?  You listen to much local sports talk up here after a loss?  Yeah, try it sometime and get back to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope and Nope.

That's a shame really.  If what you say is true we are more spoiled than I thought

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't panic boys it'll start going south on Thanksgiving when the birds come to Jerry world...and again two weeks later in south philly
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top