Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eh, I love doing 5 under in the left lane. Set the cruise, fire up the tunes and relax! I hardly ever have to slow down or change lanes. It is very relaxing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slow drivers in the fast lane vs. tailgater.  Too bad they both didn't crash.

I hate left lane cruisers.

Eh, I love doing 5 under in the left lane. Set the cruise, fire up the tunes and relax! I hardly ever have to slow down or change lanes. It is very relaxing.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Guess it depends on the state. In CA, you can be fined for interrupting the flow of traffic, even if you are speeding in the fast lane. It doesn't matter the speed, traffic just needs to flow. And if CHP decides you are going too fast, they will ticket you. They always come out with PSA's for driving safely. One of them is not to play cop and block the flow of traffic because you think someone should be doing the limit, like you. they are the ones who enforce the speed limits. I dunno, not going to change anyone's mind here, but in this video, it took two to Tango.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

§ 46.2-823. Unlawful speed forfeits right-of-way.

The driver of any vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit anyright-of-way which he might otherwise have under this article.

Guess it depends on the state. In CA, you can be fined for interrupting the flow of traffic, even if you are speeding in the fast lane. It doesn't matter the speed, traffic just needs to flow. And if CHP decides you are going too fast, they will ticket you. They always come out with PSA's for driving safely. One of them is not to play cop and block the flow of traffic because you think someone should be doing the limit, like you. they are the ones who enforce the speed limits. I dunno, not going to change anyone's mind here, but in this video, it took two to Tango.  

It's the law here, but is generally only used for incident resolution.  

Some arfcommers appear to be just as ghetto as the people that they tease on world star hip hop.  Is fighting about what one believes to be a violation of traffic courtesy really that different than fighting about broken rule of ghetto culture?  Move along, life your life.  Ford boy chose poorly and maybe even got trolled, and paid a big price.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It was a rain slicked road and she had a left turn in a half mile. I'll give her a pass on not moving over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wait what?

Would it have been nice to see him take out a school bus full of kids too. No one is right in this video. Both should have their licenses taken away for at least a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, was just about to post this.

2 idiots on the road cause an accident, that could have easily killed someone else. Don't play fucking games on the road. The lady sounded like she has a very bad smoking problem, that or she is a real witch. some should have taught her to move her fat ass out of the fast lane too. Don't try to enforce the law when you are not a cop. The guy in the F250, keep your fucking eyes on the road dipshit! This is why I'm glad passing on the right is legal in California. (when safe to do so of course).

You're so full of douche!

BTW, it's nice to see an asshole road rager dine on karma right before your eyes. Usually we don't ever get to witness it!

Wait what?

Would it have been nice to see him take out a school bus full of kids too. No one is right in this video. Both should have their licenses taken away for at least a year.

o_0 wtf did the driver/recorder do wrong? They were passing people, so I don't think she was going especially slow. She stayed in her lane. He wouldn't be the first asshole who feels they need to pass on the right to go faster than everyone else. Looks like he went to cut her off or something and over corrected twice. He's being the dangerous tool.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Haha dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

His tard hit maximum propulsion.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder why/how he got loose?
His tard hit maximum propulsion.    
850 foot pounds of torque

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's never any justification for hoggin' the fast lane.

If someone wants by - move your ass over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No idea what the speed limit was, but they were passing cars in the right lane, so it seems the driver in front was justified in being in the left lane.

There is no "fast lane". The speed limit is the same in every lane.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
In Virginia, the single vehicle crash, alone, would be an automatic reckless driving charge.

ETA:
Looks like he also fled the scene ... and was caught later.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The bitch should have been focusing on her driving and getting over to be polite, instead of filming her and his asshole actions.  Like someone said, when 2 assholes collide.
View Quote
Agreed. She had plenty of opportunities to move over. What happened before the bitch got her iPhone rolling?

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No idea what the speed limit was, but they were passing cars in the right lane, so it seems the driver in front was justified in being in the left lane.
View Quote

They passed one truck. She was clearly camping the left lane, but my god what a fucking dipshit that guy was.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what his screen name is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Water + torque - weight= fucked brodozer  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder why/how he got loose?
Water + torque - weight= fucked brodozer  

By any chance, do you have signup sheet for your next physics lecture?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hahaha... I hope she turned the video over to the insurance company.

Rather she was in the right or wrong, she wasn't doing anything illegal.
View Quote
The hell she wasn't. Operating a screened device while driving is against the law in every state I know of. And it causes wrecks. Video is proof of that.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#16]
It would of been better if he hit the left lane slug... God I hate left lane campers. Still funny as shit though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It didn't cause her to wreck now did it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell she wasn't. Operating a screened device while driving is against the law in every state I know of. And it causes wrecks. Video is proof of that.  

It didn't cause her to wreck now did it?

LOL
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you're fun at parties
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

If you are going 20 over the speed limit (not recommended) and a guy comes up behind you going 25 MPH over the speed limit, let him go by.  Just becasue you are already going "fast enough" doesn't mean someone else shouldn't go faster and hey, maybe they get nailed by the radar gun first knowhatimean?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Just say no to Vertical Videos!

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet if he was on the road in front of me, I'd have to pass him on the right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Watch the vid again.  There were plenty of opportunities for her to move right and let him pass without having to shove herself in between slower moving cars in the right lane.  She opted to stay in the left lane so she could further provoke the redneck.  Bitch should have moved over and let him pass.  Like I said, I wish he would have hit her in his loss-of-control antics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In European countries, it works because people move over, regardless of how fast they are going. There maybe someone who wants to go faster. It helps the flow of traffic. Land whales in Priuses should not be regulating the flow of traffic. Keep it moving and people dont die. She was fliming the whole thing and could have just as easily found herself in a ditch, or head on with a van full of kids. Dumbasses will be dumbasses.

If I'm in the left lane, passing people in the right lane, I'm staying in the left lane if someone crawls up my ass until I have a clear spot to move over.  I'm not going to cut in between slower cars so someone who think I'm not already speeding enough can zip by.

No doubt the lady was also a dumbass for filming the whole thing - I wouldn't be surprised if we just saw the last minute of what was a much longer encounter.

Watch the vid again.  There were plenty of opportunities for her to move right and let him pass without having to shove herself in between slower moving cars in the right lane.  She opted to stay in the left lane so she could further provoke the redneck.  Bitch should have moved over and let him pass.  Like I said, I wish he would have hit her in his loss-of-control antics.

What if she had to turn left soon? That didn't appear to be a highway or interstate. After the wreck doesn't she turn into a left hand turn lane?
Not saying she's not a dolt.
If they were on a restricted access road like an interstate, then yeah, she needs to move her ass over.

Are both these people Ford people?

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy Shit!!! I didn't think it could get any better.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Holy Shit!!! I didn't think it could get any better.

http://youtu.be/TFKQOB3H-ww  
View Quote

Awesome! The internet is worth it after all...

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I may, or may not have "mad skillz," but it amazes me how bad some (half?) people suck at driving.

I drive fast in the car/moto and slow in the truck. I'm courteous and very defensive either way. I tend to go from "jeez get out of my way" to "jeez could have switched lanes a little sooner before flying by." Or idiots that come up on my ass and tailgate  for a few seconds before switching lanes and flooring it, even though it was clear all along and they never had to lose momentum.

I've lost it a few times on wet/icy pavement letting off the throttle too abruptly. This was going hard into corners late at night on empty roads. I have experienced some hydroplaning going straight on the highway, which is unsettling, but it all comes down to finesse. Truck nutz here had zero.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It wasn't on a highway! There is a median, and a left turn lane, and houses on the side of the street.... It isn't a highway or freeway or expressway, there isn't any passing lane or fast lane. What if that lady wanted to make a left and was going slow for the turn? Entirely the fault of the F250 driver.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the difference between a highway and a street.
View Quote

http://archive.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.003.html

(53) STREET OR HIGHWAY.

(a) The entire width between the boundary lines of every way or place of whatever nature when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular traffic;

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, it's like you people do this on fucking purpose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Karma coming next for left lane antagonist.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The bitch should have been focusing on her driving
View Quote

I dunno, looked to me like she was the one that managed to keep her car in control and NOT hit anything.

Both of them could have focused on their driving and not being douchebags.  But then we wouldn't get these fun threads.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and unless you have lights on your car and a sworn peace officer its not your job to enforce it. Move out of the way. For no other reason than some people are fucking insane and its not worth your hassle to get in their way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#31]
If the woman was driving the speed limit than she has every right to be in the left lane. Fuck the douchebag in the ford.  And for you asshats on here that say she is not a cop and therefore doesn't have the right to drive the speed limit in the left lane, because she is"enforcing the law" as you say, then how in the hell could you ever justify using a firearm to protect yourself or someone else? That too would be enforcing the law while not a cop.  What a double standard.  Funny video. I was laughing too.

Now to clarify, if the woman is not driving the speed limit then she too is in the wrong. But if she was, she's innocent
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It wasn't on a highway! There is a median, and a left turn lane, and houses on the side of the street.... It isn't a highway or freeway or expressway, there isn't any passing lane or fast lane. What if that lady wanted to make a left and was going slow for the turn? Entirely the fault of the F250 driver.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the difference between a highway and a street.
View Quote

Leave it to a fellow Floridian to tell us there's no such thing as a fast lane outside of a federal highway .  Depending on how long you've lived here with all the geriatrics, I suspect you may think that's true!!  

The lady had been doing this for multiple miles with completely clear right lane.  She passed one very slow moving vehicle the entire time she filmed and the highway was completely empty behind her when she started filming.  My best guess is that she had gone 3-4 miles in the left lane intentionally speeding up and slowing down just to irritate him.  She had PLENTY of opportunities to get out of the passing lane, but was egging the guy on.  The whole "I was about to turn left" thing doesn't have any credibility in this situation.  

Don't get me wrong - the guy was an idiot.  I can't really say I wouldn't have smiled if he got around her and slowed way down, but karma certainly had her hand in his life that day too!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The bitch should have been focusing on her driving and getting over to be polite, instead of filming her and his asshole actions.  Like someone said, when 2 assholes collide.
View Quote

This. AND if there were any justice in this world, the police investigating this accident would find this video and trace it back to the dumb bitch that was hogging the left lane and ticket her too!  I agree with the poster that said both of these clowns deserve to lose their licenses for at least a year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure why everyone is talking about her hogging the "fast" lane.  The street had stop lights and left and right turns.  Looked like a regular street to me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It was a rain slicked road and she had a left turn in a half mile. I'll give her a pass on not moving over.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Stupid people are stupid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#38]
So if the LEO that got called out to the accident scene and ruled it a no fault accident was to view the video, what could happen to F250 guy if he lied about what led up to his slick pirouette driving skills ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Good crash. Would have sucked if he hit a van full of kittens, but at least he took the fall hard. Well, him and the light pole

Some people need to learn the hard way
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Winner!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#44]
I always move over for tailgaters, I like having a bird dog to flush out the bears.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#45]
The truck guy was 100% at fault and got what he deserved.  Don't go postal when people do not get out of your way because you think that you own the road.

Chill out.  Maybe you get to your destination a few minutes later than if you speed unimpeded.  In this case, the guy will get there hours later and with a totaled (assumed) vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Guy was an asshole, but she chose to provoke him, instead of simply moving over to let the dick pass. She stated in the caption that he had been tailgating for roughly three minutes prior to filming...she had plenty of time to move over, let him by, and then move back over for her left turn. Was hoping a rogue black hole would devour them both. Dumb bitch plus dumb jackass.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Antagonizing people never has negative repercussions. Next thing you know, she'll be jumping a McDonald's counter.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Statements like yours are why liberals think all gun owners are crazy. I hate left lane campers too, but I don't get the urge to shoot them or even flip them off. I just go around them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It SHOULD be legal to shoot left lane bandits

Statements like yours are why liberals think all gun owners are crazy. I hate left lane campers too, but I don't get the urge to shoot them or even flip them off. I just go around them.

There is the answer. Wait for a suitable opening then get into the right lane.   If you then need to get back into the left lane because of traffic ahead...do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Driving with a cell phone in hand, filming, and antagonizing is not driving professionally. They also drove well over a half mile. Maybe she did have intentions to turn left, but instead focused on annoying another bad driver to make a video. Her laugh at the end proves she had no good intentions. She is lucky no one was hurt, she could easily have been sitting in a court room with the other driver. when on the road, its best just to have good behavior and use good judgment. If an asshole is tailgating, get out of the way, they are the one with the problem. She helped cause this accident.
View Quote

Wrong.  The truck driver is 100% at fault.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top