Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/31/2014 11:32:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Derpfest. But it's Wal Mart, so no surprise.

eta: dude who allegedly stole is looking at a good payout if those were indeed Wal Mart employees who took him down.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

eta: dude who allegedly stole is looking at a good payout if those were indeed Wal Mart employees who took him down.
View Quote

Yeah def. Both will be fired too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Stop resisting!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my God. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.....

Yeah dumbass, just sit there and videotape it while some dude tries to stab your friend. Good job.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh mah god.  Call the police.

You're the one with a phone in your hand, dumbass!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
stop saying stop resisting
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]
They're working their way up to join the NYPD.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting.   Like a goatfuck.

Loss Prevention better get their shit straight before they try that retard rodeo with someone that has a gun.    Two plainclothes fucks try and touch me and they're getting shot, regardless of whatever they're saying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Really? Is anything in walmart worth getting slashed with a box cutter for?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy who went to my highschool got tackled by Best Buy's LP guy in the parking lot over a couple DVD's he lifted. He ended up with a real nice multi thousand dollar home entertainment set. Not bad for around $40 bucks in DVD's.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Bullshit that beat to piss dirtball is getting a pay out.
It went from a citation if that to felony when he pulled the blade.

Fuck that is a goat fuck and a milk bagger goat fuck to boot.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Just oot and aboot.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will get there own reality TV show.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Stop resisting!

LMFAO
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Militarization of retail security.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why is the thief going to get paid?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
why did the two big white guys beat up the unarmed black boy while he was on the ground trying to surrender?
you can see he was no threat. he was gonna start school next week and be a ball player and neurosurgeon
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Loss prevention is never supposed to initiate physical contact. With a good lawyer, he could argue pulling the knife was self defense from the assault that Wal Mart's staff started.

Because Wal Mart initiated the assault, they will pay to keep a good name in the public eye.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because after Wal-Mart fires them they won't have high-price attorneys protecting them from the lawsuit of "I was defending myself from being attacked by two guys that weren't police but were attempting to imprison me / kidnap me" ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Loss prevention is never supposed to initiate physical contact. With a good lawyer, he could argue pulling the knife was self defense from the assault that Wal Mart's staff started.

Because Wal Mart initiated the assault, they will pay to keep a good name in the public eye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With only that video, there's a fair chance a jury would agree.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cuz Murica.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loss prevention does not have police authority. They are not allowed to go hands on unless the suspect initiates it. Once the suspect leaves the building, it's in police hands.

Based on video, they're in the parking lot, well away from the building. Kind of hard to tell from the video, but they at least followed him out and in Wal Mart corporate eyes should a lawsuit against them happen, started the confrontation.

Rule of thumb for LP is observe and report, if you can confront them in the store, good, but never leave the store to attempt to stop them.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Grammar, who needs it?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

He wont get shit. Most people don't get shit.
When I was working in hospital security for several years we took down, cuffed, and held many people for police who threatened to, and did sue for bullshit after they played stupid games and got maced/tackled/cuffed/whatever. Including for theft.
Not once did it stick. Not once did the police sympathize with them, and they were shocked after mouthing off and the state laws being on our side.

Second the guy pulled the knife, they coulda beat the dogshit outta him in the interest of personal safety and cited it as the minimum necessary use of force for the situation, and nothing would've happened to them. Except maybe their employer firing them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because after Wal-Mart fires them they won't have high-price attorneys protecting them from the lawsuit of "I was defending myself from being attacked by two guys that weren't police but were attempting to imprison me / kidnap me" ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.  Walmart for the win I guess.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Cuz Murica.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cuz Murica.

No frowny face. Unless those guys are off duty cops, they don't have the authority to attempt to detain someone outside of their store. If they are off duty cops, then they should be carrying adequate gear to detain someone, IE pepper spray, baton, etc..

This looks like a case of power trippers who went outside the realm of their authority to me, and I've personally seen the outcome from a similar situation with a guy I went to high school with. I posted earlier that the $40 dollars in DVD's he jacked turned into a multi thousand dollar home entertainment system.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That defense doesn't really exist when it comes to shoplifters.  In basically every state, stores can legally use force to detain people suspected of shoplifting.  Generally, company policy holds them back way more than state law.  But if this is Canada.. who knows.

The guy apparently stabbing one of those LP dudes isn't going to help him at all.

But, this video is a great example of why Walmart LP accidentally kills more shoplifters than any other company.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legitimate citizens arrest in that video. The whole way. He won't get shit.
I can't tell you how many time's I've heard the "kidnapping/illegal detention" line.

ETA: Apparently this is in Canada (?), so the above may not apply.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Loss prevention does not have police authority. They are not allowed to go hands on unless the suspect initiates it. Once the suspect leaves the building, it's in police hands.

Based on video, they're in the parking lot, well away from the building. Kind of hard to tell from the video, but they at least followed him out and in Wal Mart corporate eyes should a lawsuit against them happen, started the confrontation.

Rule of thumb for LP is observe and report, if you can confront them in the store, good, but never leave the store to attempt to stop them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if they get fired, they can prosecute the charge for aggravated battery for the knife and then sue the little scumbag for it and take away every dime he gets from WM.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Canada

I wonder if the laws are the same up there

View Quote

Did not notice this was in Canada.

All my statements in this thread were in relation to what I know America does.

I could be wrong in all my prior statements, as I don't know shit about how Canada operates.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]
You know what is the biggest bullshit of this story? Is that if the two guys were cops they would be getting pay raises...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#35]
So, was the dude even stabbed?  Looked like the box cutter was closed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. Maybe in  your state specifically, but this mentality is shared by many shoplifter (and idiots acting like scumbags on various other private properties with hired security), and they are often dismayed to find out just how untrue it is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been working LP since I got out of the Army(shit job, hate it, looking for something better, no I'm not a wanna be cop.. I'd be a cop if I wanted to be one).  We are told to not attempt an apprehension until the shoplifter leaves the store.  Corporate wants it very cut and dry that the person was indeed stealing.  It isn't cut and dry until they remove merchandise from the store without paying for it.  Concealing merchandise is illegal per state law, but corporate won't let us do anything until they leave the store.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I could be wrong in all my prior statements, as I don't know shit about how Canada operates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Canada

I wonder if the laws are the same up there

When it comes to what LP can do in the US, pretty much all of your statements are wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong!  At least in my state shop keepers can make arrests on shoplifters just like police can. Now if false arrest, yeah lawsuit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like that guy is going to get paid and I hope those two "playing cops" are fired.

I was more pissed as the fight banging into the cars. Fucking piss me off if they would scuff my car.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May be WalMart's policy and your states laws that mandate observe and report only.
Not here, honestly you would be shocked how many LP confrontations goes hands on as soon as you ID yourself.  When I was doing it as soon as I made the ID this tweaked out skank pulled a monster blade out and came damned close to gutting me, once that blade came out she was doing a good impression of the dude in the video.
And in this state unless you leave the doors it is not shoplifting it is considered still shopping.

What those Walpigs should have been doing is looking at the moron as a distraction. He ties up the LP goons while the professional crew cleans the place out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looks like that guy is going to get paid and I hope those two "playing cops" are fired.

I was more pissed as the fight banging into the cars. Fucking piss me off if they would scuff my car.
View Quote

He won't be. They might be, due to employer, but they did nothing that he would get paid out for if he was actually in the act of shoplifting, up until the blade was pulled, then he was fucked period.

ETA: (In the USA)
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#43]
That looks and sounds like a scene straight out of Trailer Park Boys LOLOLOL

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Hmm....comments via LiveLeak indicate this was filmed in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.....so who knows what bagged laws they have.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've been working LP since I got out of the Army(shit job, hate it, looking for something better, no I'm not a wanna be cop.. I'd be a cop if I wanted to be one).  We are told to not attempt an apprehension until the shoplifter leaves the store.  Corporate wants it very cut and dry that the person was indeed stealing.  It isn't cut and dry until they remove merchandise from the store without paying for it.  Concealing merchandise is illegal per state law, but corporate won't let us do anything until they leave the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shh! People with no idea how it really works are making silly assumptions and statements about the shoplifting "victim" getting a payout . Don't come in here with any facts, now. Not allowed. ;)
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#46]
They should make it so the video app won't open unless the phone is turned.

Fuckin hurt didn't it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, brah you can't touch a shoplifter according to common law of ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Shh! People with no idea how it really works are making silly assumptions and statements about the shoplifting "victim" getting a payout . Don't come in here with any facts, now. Not allowed. ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any LP related threads are always a riot.  All sorts of guys come along talking about how it would be kidnapping or some shit in their state.. then a quick google search shows me how wrong pretty much all of them are
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are however, probably not supposed to punch them in the face while they are pinned on their chest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#50]
That was interesting. The LP guys sound like cops. Maybe retired or off duty moonlighting?

Whatever the case, they let him pull the knife while they were playing takedown.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top