Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 58
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So my 21 year old daughter signed up for match.com about a month ago. I ask her her how things are going and she says she gets lots of replys. She doesnt think they are attractive though. I think she has met one in person and today she told me the same thing about him.
Im not sure if she is just being to critical or just looking for the attention. I want her to give the guys a chance and not just base everything on looks first. Crazy..huh?
Since its my daughter do I have to post a pic?

Yes and you must email me her phone number since I'm a life member.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So my 21 year old daughter signed up for match.com about a month ago. I ask her her how things are going and she says she gets lots of replys. She doesnt think they are attractive though. I think she has met one in person and today she told me the same thing about him.
Im not sure if she is just being to critical or just looking for the attention. I want her to give the guys a chance and not just base everything on looks first. Crazy..huh?

She's 21. So yes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since I ejected a few weeks ago, I decided to give Internet dating a go.  I kept on hearing about online how easy it is to get laid from these free sites.
I messaged about 100 women, and got maybe 7 replies back and forth.  My pics are shit, and I was thinking my profile must be as well.
Until last night, I messaged this one 'new' chick, who looked decent in her photos.  She ended up telling me what bar she was at that night, it was only like 5 miles away, so I showed up.  

I noticed two things that are consistent from all of the AAR I have read about POF.  She was bigger than her photos led onto, and even though she said in her profile she wasn't looking for sex, she let me fuck her at her place that night.  And she never even looked at my profile.

One thing I have to figure out, is a few of the women I had messaging me back and forth seemed to just stop dead in their tracks as soon as I wanted to meet up or get a number to text.  Everything was good and playful up until I tried to make meeting in real life happen.  I have to guess they were just there for the ego boost.

So to those of you I keep seeing in other threads talk about how you can't get laid on POF, yes you can, keep trying.  I changed up my profile and pics several times, and sent over 100 messages to get a few replies.  

You were talking to a dude, dude.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yes!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Re-reading that quote reminds me of what a few women have told me. They've said "You treat me so well, no one has treated me this well." Then why not ENJOY IT and BE HAPPY?

Because you are too nice.

But they want nice guys.

The women in that category might say that but what they mean is they want nice guys they can fall back on, who will treat them like a princess, bend over backwards to help them, and someone to be there whenever they need someone.  On a long term daily basis they find this boring and go after the bad boy types for drama and excitement.  Just like the quote from the book.  He treated her great, so she thought she deserved better.  She will never be in a long term successful relationship.  Some women are like that.  The key is identifying that early on, realizing that no matter what you do it will never work out with them, and then move on to someone better.  One of the harder things I've come to realize is "people don't change" and you either have to accept them with all their faults or move on.  They might be perfect except for one to two quirks but if those are deal breakers then sadly there is nothing you can do.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did the online dating thing for a year or so when I moved back to the States.

My final analysis is that, for the effort expended, it's just as easy to just go out and meet people in the real world, and the quality of pie is a lot better.

For some sure, especially if you have a job that puts in contact with a lot of the general public.  I work in a cube all day, pretty much have no contact with the public, and there is nothing attractive around here.  I had a friend that worked in a high end clothing store and couldn't understand the appeal to online dating.  Of course he had 100 hot women walk past him, talk to him, and flirt with him every day.  For him online dating would be a lost cause.  For me, sitting in front of a computer all day with no public interaction, it's a great way to see what is out there.

Same here.  I try really hard not to date people I work with and dating people I interact with on-the-job would be profoundly unprofessional.  Church and bars don't interest me.

I think there's one woman in the company I work at.  Granted she's pretty damn hot but she's also probably 20 years older than me and I'm pretty sure she's in "happily married" status instead of "cougar mode"  Besides, I've always thought that banging your coworkers was a phenomenally shitty idea.  I can't begin to tell you how much grief I've saved myself over the years by not doing it.

Hobbies and friends are some of your best assets.

Join any kind of club that promotes a physical activity.  You'll get in better shape, and it's an automatic deselect of the land-whale female specimens.  Also, as your net of social acquaintances gets wider, the chances of you meeting or being introduced to someone you hit it off with rise exponentially.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like your daughter has a good head on her shoulders.  Match is a "higher end" type site.  Meaning it costs the guys a decent amount of money to be able to talk to the girls on the site.  That weeds out a lot of the undesirables.  POF is like Walmart on EBT day.

From my experience online most women base everything on looks first.  I recently put better pictures up and easily trippled the number of responses I got, then when talking to the girls it seems pretty clear they didn't read my profile.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The pics are not loading........

It doesn't sound like pictures would be a good idea.

Go to POF and search for women in your area. Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

eta: I search and this chick was one of the first matches.

http://pics.plentyoffish.com/dating/118/83/mragg5it0j_214643972.jpg

http://pics.pof.com/dating/90/24/xf51sdndng_163984332.jpg

Wrap your head around this: These are her GOOD pictures. The ones where she is the hottest. If you meet her in real life, she will almost certainly be fatter.

OMG    

No thanks I think I will continue to rent.  

Your ugly transvestites that you constantly pimp here are NOT any better.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Re-reading that quote reminds me of what a few women have told me. They've said "You treat me so well, no one has treated me this well." Then why not ENJOY IT and BE HAPPY?

But they want nice guys.

-don't buy them gifts
-don't compliment them on their looks

-don't always call/text them back, or at least right away

-don't always go out on a date where she wants to go.

I don't know if you do any of those things, but I used to be the guy that was always told by a girl, "You're too nice for me".  Holy shit did that used to boggle my mind.  It made me go about the wrong way for awhile to be an asshole on purpose.  That didn't work out for me at all either.

I am a nice guy, but I am no longer a 'nice guy'.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had better results with OKCupid, although some of the questions are really damned goofy.

Beyond that..a gentleman doesn't discuss the details.  Sorry, you'll have to get your wank-material elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like your daughter has a good head on her shoulders.  Match is a "higher end" type site.  Meaning it costs the guys a decent amount of money to be able to talk to the girls on the site.  That weeds out a lot of the undesirables.  POF is like Walmart on EBT day.

From my experience online most women base everything on looks first.  I recently put better pictures up and easily trippled the number of responses I got, then when talking to the girls it seems pretty clear they didn't read my profile.

I think she is trying to look past the looks. Like the one she met yesterday. She was all excited to tell me he works on guns. He is reserve police officer and and seemed like a nice guy. I guess he didnt make her all warm and fuzzy inside.
Not sure what she is looking for as far as looks. I just think she could be passing up some really great guys.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think she is trying to look past the looks. Like the one she met yesterday. She was all excited to tell me he works on guns. He is reserve police officer and and seemed like a nice guy. I guess he didnt make her all warm and fuzzy inside.
Not sure what she is looking for as far as looks. I just think she could be passing up some really great guys.

Attraction just sort of happens IMO.  It's not really predictable.  I would suggest she talk to and meet more guys for first coffee's or phone conversations.  It's like shoes, you'll know the one that fit goods when you've tried on a few that don't.  Not saying she has to go bang the hockey team, but a few first dinners and lunches with guys she is on the bubble with looks wise might be an eye opener.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's a local winner from POF

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=41474756

She edited it out, but before stated that anyone who voted for Romney deserves to be shot.

I should probably post her link in the "why white guys don't date black women" thread.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She edited it out, but before stated that anyone who voted for Romney deserves to be shot.

I should probably post her link in the "why white guys don't date black women" thread.

You should ask if she wants to go to the Golden Corral!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since I ejected a few weeks ago, I decided to give Internet dating a go.  I kept on hearing about online how easy it is to get laid from these free sites.
I messaged about 100 women, and got maybe 7 replies back and forth.  My pics are shit, and I was thinking my profile must be as well.
Until last night, I messaged this one 'new' chick, who looked decent in her photos.  She ended up telling me what bar she was at that night, it was only like 5 miles away, so I showed up.  

I noticed two things that are consistent from all of the AAR I have read about POF.  She was bigger than her photos led onto, and even though she said in her profile she wasn't looking for sex, she let me fuck her at her place that night.  And she never even looked at my profile.

One thing I have to figure out, is a few of the women I had messaging me back and forth seemed to just stop dead in their tracks as soon as I wanted to meet up or get a number to text.  Everything was good and playful up until I tried to make meeting in real life happen.  I have to guess they were just there for the ego boost.

So to those of you I keep seeing in other threads talk about how you can't get laid on POF, yes you can, keep trying.  I changed up my profile and pics several times, and sent over 100 messages to get a few replies.  

You were talking to a dude, dude.

That would be creepy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

She actually has a pretty smile.Not a 10 but not the wookie either!Her info wouldnt help but if your horny.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems like every fifth woman around here has "Looking for a good hearted man" as their headline.  I see that exact wording all the time.  Is that just a local coincidence or has anyone else noticed this?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It seems like every fifth woman around here has "Looking for a good hearted man" as their headline.  I see that exact wording all the time.  Is that just a local coincidence or has anyone else noticed this?

Translation:  Pick up diapers for my baby on your way home from work and can you watch him so I can have a girls night out at the bar.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well most of the tub o lards on POF will let you keep their Sootikin as a memento of your date with them.

"1. sootikin

A small, mouse-shaped deposit formed in the vaginal cleft, usually of poorer women who did not wear undergarments - common until the nineteenth century. A sootikin built up over several weeks, even months, of not washing. It was composed of particles of soot, dirt, sweat, smegma (qv) and vaginal and menstrual discharge. When it reached a certain size and weight, it tended to work loose and drop from under the woman's skirt.
Sis....is that your clit or are you sporting a sootikin???"

Holy fuck.

Mark that as something I never wanted to know but now do. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#21]
When this thread started i was on the fish site.  All these stories have reminded me why I don't need that drama, so I deleted my profile a couple days ago.  I'll continue to say Hi and smile to the pretty women in the real world.  Good luck to you guys still looking for that good time online.    I look forward to the tales of woe.  Funny stuff indeed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not a coincidence.  It's the token title for 99% of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm on POF and OKCupid.com

I hear from guys who say many women are on there wanting a meal ticket.   One guy told me that he went out with a girl, and they went through 1 bottle of wine and the girl orders another, and told him that she was going to take it home...on HIS tab!!!    I work with a girl who calls men her "sponsors"......she loves going out with a bunch of guys for free dinners.   This behavior pisses me off.   No wonder I find so many men on those sites are skittish as hell.  

I hear guys also say that most women don't post a current pic of themselves, then when the initial meeting happens the guy sees she is clearly 100 pounds heavier than her picture and a LOT older.  

Women just need to realize that men are not looking for perfection and we all get old, and gray and even fat.   It's part of life.  

I am NOT sure what is going on with these men and what the prior women in their lives did to them........but there are some really skittish guys on there!!

When I did internet dating, I only ever met someone for dinner on the first date once.  Every other time I either arranged to meet for coffee, or some other free/inexpensive activity.  

Ironically, the one time I did have dinner on the first date, I forgot my wallet and she had to pay.  That relationship lasted a year.  

Quoted:

If I posted them I might get banned...

Sir, this and other posts of yours throughout the years make me wish I had a friend like you.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think that sounds like all the women that reject me and then they'll bitch when they're 30-35 about how they can't find someone decent.

Don't worry dude, they'll become a lot more receptive to you after baby daddy #1 leaves.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The secret to getting laid is having very low standards.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I had no luck on pof bunch crazies and fatties. I met my fiancé on match though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
There are a few solid 8-9 rankings on the first 2 pages of my local search.....

One travel RN that's smokin hot.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Gather round for a tale:

I met on there a 23 year old doe with a Biochemistry degree and bedded down with her in my mom's basement.  

It was glorious but she had the crazy eyes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL, so............... true!

Wrap your head around this:  These are her GOOD pictures.  The ones where she is the hottest.  If you meet her in real life, she will almost certainly be fatter.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to POF and search for women in your area.  Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

eta:  I search and this chick was one of the first matches.

Wrap your head around this:  These are her GOOD pictures.  The ones where she is the hottest.  If you meet her in real life, she will almost certainly be fatter.

Any old port in a storm.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to POF and search for women in your area.  Believe it or not, they're exactly that fat and repulsive all over America; it's not unique to just your AO.

Any old port in a storm.  

If those are my options, I'll brave the storm.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any old port in a storm.  

If those are my options, I'll brave the storm.

No shit.  I've drank a few girls pretty...but there's a point even when you're shit-housed when you KNOW the girl you're about to nail is ugly.  That's when it's time to bail.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

But they want nice guys.

-don't buy them gifts
-don't compliment them on their looks
-don't always call/text them back, or at least right away
-don't always go out on a date where she wants to go.

I don't know if you do any of those things, but I used to be the guy that was always told by a girl, "You're too nice for me".  Holy shit did that used to boggle my mind.  It made me go about the wrong way for awhile to be an asshole on purpose.  That didn't work out for me at all either.
I am a nice guy, but I am no longer a 'nice guy'.

Same here.  All you guys buying expensive dinners for chicks from POF are derptarded as fuck.  I'd laugh at you more except it used to be me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:53:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I just created a profile. Immediately found 5 girls I know. I haven't dated any of them. We'll see how this goes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well most of the tub o lards on POF will let you keep their Sootikin as a memento of your date with them.

"1. sootikin

A small, mouse-shaped deposit formed in the vaginal cleft, usually of poorer women who did not wear undergarments - common until the nineteenth century. A sootikin built up over several weeks, even months, of not washing. It was composed of particles of soot, dirt, sweat, smegma (qv) and vaginal and menstrual discharge. When it reached a certain size and weight, it tended to work loose and drop from under the woman's skirt.
Sis....is that your clit or are you sporting a sootikin???"

Holy fuck.

Mark that as something I never wanted to know but now do. Oh well.

Thats about as bad as 'Blue Waffle'...........
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I just created a profile. Immediately found 5 girls I know. I haven't dated any of them. We'll see how this goes.

Go forth, and be victorious!  God knows I am, this shit's easy!

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In before the 'Land whale gave me crabs and the clap' thread.  

Now that's funny
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Before I got married, I talked to some women online to try to meet. One woman sent me her picture...not model hot, but very attractive. Seemed nice on the phone. After some time talking we decided to meet for lunch. I show up, and she was easily 80-100 pounds heavier than in her picture. Oh, and she brought along her 7 year old daughter...she never mentioned that little detail about being a mom.

We muddled through lunch and went our own ways. That night she calls me and said she had a great time, wants to see me again, blah blah blah. I politely told her no thank you. She got all mad and said I was shallow and didn't like her because she was a mom and overweight. I told her I didn't like the fact that she never said anything about being a mom ( i don't have problems with single moms, just would have been nice to know. I was a single dad and I told her that ) and she obviously sent me a picture from several years before. I didn't like the deception. I was about 30 pounds overweight at the time, yet I sent her a current picture. I didn't send her one from 2,3 or 5 years ago. She insisted that I was shallow for not liking fat people, and hung up.

Proper response once she started in on the "shallow" shit:

"Yup, I am fucking shallow and if your fat, lying ass jumped into my pool, there would be nothing left.  Fuck you very much for being a deceitful bitch and try dating Jenny Craig before dating men, or quit lying about your shit.  By the way, I saw a twinkie in the garbage can by the restaurant, if you hurry it might still be there. Have a nice life."
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Women are very different, even strange. I have one female friend that will lament about not getting dates, then when I ask about online stuff she says, "yeah I have a profile and have had tons of messages, but I dunno." She has no reason to not message dudes back, or take a look at their profile. She just doesn't. Then gripes about it.

That is strange.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm happily married but if I was going to do it again. I'd do speed dating.

One of my wife's friends did the online dating thing and all the guys she met were toolboxes. Yes, she was hot and made six digits+ salary so they are out there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#41]
I tried Plentyoffish... and I got "no bites". Not sure if maybe I suck at profile writing, or writing a first message or whatever. NO GIRLS messaged me back.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrap your head around this: .

just a little note on this...
If a girl ever refers to herself as a bitch and is proud of it
or wears clothes referring to her being a bitch.....
dont even bother. may as well wear clothes that say "I fail at anything long term"

You think fail if that blob ever sat on your face.

You'd think that being fat would be a great motivator to have an EXCELLENT character to make up for it. But no... In my experience, the women who have treated me the worst on dates, were fat chicks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This thread caused me to browse POF for a minute and one of the first profiles to pop up was a woman in Houston going by K9Lover. This is her opening line: Looking for people that would like to get me knotted. If you don't know what that is please move on. I am moving to the Houston area very soon and am serious about this. The bigger your dog is the better!!    

Getting knotted? Does that mean getting married? OR is it some sort of weird bizzarre creepy sex thing?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread caused me to browse POF for a minute and one of the first profiles to pop up was a woman in Houston going by K9Lover. This is her opening line: Looking for people that would like to get me knotted. If you don't know what that is please move on. I am moving to the Houston area very soon and am serious about this. The bigger your dog is the better!!    

Getting knotted? Does that mean getting married? OR is it some sort of weird bizzarre creepy sex thing?

oh god......  I am not sure I have the heart.  Think disgusting.  Then multiply by 100
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The secret to getting laid is having very low standards.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather not break the glass house you live in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears you have a lot to learn about what goes on in the real world and that someone has kept you very sheltered most of your life.  That would also explain why you didn't receive any responses to the messages you sent of POF.  What you say and how much you say have a huge impact on getting a response.  If your messages is more than 3 sentences long, it's too long and you probably won't get a response.  At least that is how it works for me.  Every time I violate that rule I'm guaranteed not to get a response.  Also the pictures you post are the number 1 thing that will get you looked at when you send a message.  If you have been sheltered all your life that might be coming through in your pictures.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Hmmm maybe y'all are doing it wrong. I have met and dated some pretty damn hot chicks off of POF.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her screen name is K9LOVER...LOVER.  She says the bigger the dog the better.

Seriously she fucks dogs
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her screen name is K9LOVER...LOVER.  She says the bigger the dog the better.

Seriously she fucks dogs

But I'm sure she's got a great personality.

Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top