User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed them a couple hours ago voicing my concern and received a reply within 10 minutes saying i wont have issues and if so, i would be taken care of.  We'll see I guess.  Range report to follow.  Wish me luck  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit, i just bought one of these a month ago but have not had the chance to take it out.  
I emailed them a couple hours ago voicing my concern and received a reply within 10 minutes saying i wont have issues and if so, i would be taken care of.  We'll see I guess.  Range report to follow.  Wish me luck  

I would be concerned too after reading this, but I don't know if I would contact the company on a gun I haven't even shot yet unless you were looking to return it already.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This thread could really use an update

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would be concerned too after reading this, but I don't know if I would contact the company on a gun I haven't even shot yet unless you were looking to return it already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, i just bought one of these a month ago but have not had the chance to take it out.  

The email was more to let them know that many here think their customer service and product sucks.  Maybe it would help the OP out with getting his POS fixed

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my videos off you tube as a sign of good faith

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn man, that sucks hard.  Im waiting for the ARF firemission on POF to begin.  

That is really really really shitty customer service, and I for one, will never, EVER, buy anything POF.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Bumping for updates from OP.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Big update coming on Thursday I hope.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
POF = POOF if you can even get it to do that.  Garbage rifle with garbage customer service.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
In for update.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It doesn't. It's not recoil operated. It should work just fine as you are shooting it. Arfcom GD is full of tards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

It doesn't. It's not recoil operated. It should work just fine as you are shooting it. Arfcom GD is full of tards.

No shit, what the fuck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]

What happened to the update? Anybody?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#12]
did you run it thru the bandsaw?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#13]
i would bet if you sent it to Adco and had them ream the chamber, things might improve
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Update?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
No updates, things are still the same as May 9th when I spent 2,700 dollars on this rifle. Only difference is POF has had the rifle for 3 weeks now and yup that's pretty much it.  Already past the 100 day mark, how time flys with customer service.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No updates, things are still the same as May 9th when I spent 2,700 dollars on this rifle. Only difference is POF has had the rifle for 3 weeks now and yup that's pretty much it.  Already past the 100 day mark, how time flys with customer service.
View Quote

Sorry to hear this isn't settled yet.  I don't know if I've said this or not in this thread, but you certainly saved me from some headaches.  POF was on my radar as I was tempted by their burnt bronze rifle.  I own some LaRues, KAC, etc. so the POF price tag didn't scare me, but their customer service sure does.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#17]
That guy that bought his POF from Rainer arms that had trouble only had to wait 7 weeks to get money back once he send his rifle in so at least I only have 4 more weeks left based on past history
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Wish me luck!  Im taking out my 20" POF for the first time today.  Bought it way back in June and finally the weather here has cooled a bit.

Gonna try some German surplus and some of my home brewed loads.  Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wish me luck!  Im taking out my 20" POF for the first time today.  Bought it way back in June and finally the weather here has cooled a bit.

View Quote

Gonna try some German surplus and some of my home brewed loads.  Fingers crossed
70 rounds.  All went boom.  My reloads suck btw

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#20]
And loaded the next round I take it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, every single time.  Only issue i had was with my reloads.  I had 5 rounds out of 30 that would feed but not go all the way into battery.  Pull the trigger and click.  NOt even a firing pin mark and very very hard to extract with the charging handle.  

These reloads were with an unknown powder and were just sitting in my shop.  They were loaded on a dillon 550 with speed more than precision in mind.  I saved the rounds and will run them thru my case gauges, something i normally dont do when reloading plinking loads.  These loads will be reserved for the FN which seems to eat anything and everything.  

The german surplus stuff was flawless and ran 40 rounds at about 1.5 moa.  

I thinks the reloads were with my old varget or benchmark which is a huge stick powder and meters like shit on my dillon powder measure.  I also have never trimmed the brass.

I did just recently buy the new Giraud trimmers that attach to a drill, got them in .308 and .556.  I asked about 6.8 and she said probably not anytime soon.  They do have it in .300 blkout and i need to pick one up.

Bottom line, this gun feeds like a champ and needs some breaking in with some decent reloads not the shit i normally crank out for my FN.  

Big relief here......OP, hope you get yours squared away.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope the OP gets his stuff worked out and gets a working rifle.  .

My experience has been a good one with POF.  

In fact, added a 14.5" SBR to the 20" and it runs everything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Yay, in the whole thread a few are trouble free. The rest are overpriced paperweights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yay, in the whole thread a few are trouble free. The rest are overpriced paperweights.
View Quote

Another way to say it is yay.  Out of thousands built 2-3 have had issues.

Seriously.  Let's see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#25]

I was very tempted to pick up one of the .308 POFs they're blowing out for $1,600-$1,900 on Gunbroker but after reading this thread and some poking around the internet, I went with an LMT. Cost a shitload more but I just don't want to have to deal with any of this stuff.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Update op?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was very tempted to pick up one of the .308 POFs they're blowing out for $1,600-$1,900 on Gunbroker but after reading this thread and some poking around the internet, I went with an LMT. Cost a shitload more but I just don't want to have to deal with any of this stuff.

View Quote

and that is what is sad about this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is sad is the lack of customer service and quality control. This has been an issue since they first hit the market (ask me how I know). When you spend that kind of money it shouldn't be a roll of the dice.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm biased, I had the displeasure of owning one briefly. The lack of give a damn from them makes it a million times worse.

I will never make that mistake again. FPOF
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Or the thousands with great pof rifles who are too busy shooting them to post on arf.

Anyway. Still waiting to see the final resolution.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I fired 140 rounds through a POF .308 last weekend.   No malfunctions...

I hope your problem is resolved.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Or the thousands with great pof rifles who are too busy shooting them to post on arf.

Anyway. Still waiting to see the final resolution.
View Quote

And yet you are posting here everyday, telling anyone who will listen how great they are.

I've seen a few of them that ran just fine, but they send out a lot of bad apples. Good luck getting help with a bad one. Just reread this thread if you doubt me.

Once again, FPOF.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I can not believe this is still going on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes, every single time.  Only issue i had was with my reloads.  I had 5 rounds out of 30 that would feed but not go all the way into battery.  Pull the trigger and click.  NOt even a firing pin mark and very very hard to extract with the charging handle.    

These reloads were with an unknown powder and were just sitting in my shop.  They were loaded on a dillon 550 with speed more than precision in mind.  I saved the rounds and will run them thru my case gauges, something i normally dont do when reloading plinking loads.  These loads will be reserved for the FN which seems to eat anything and everything.  

I thinks the reloads were with my old varget or benchmark which is a huge stick powder and meters like shit on my dillon powder measure.  I also have never trimmed the brass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I reading that correctly?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I can not believe this is still going on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck it
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#37]
This is impressive in its length of time. I have seen enough POF failures including an epic one at the first Rock Castle event to not buy one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, no not as bad as it reads.  I loaded them myself with either 4064 or varget.  I did not label the bags, always have hated paperwork.  I knew they are good to go.  NOt like i bought them at a flea market.  Neither powder metered worth a shit in my Dillon 550.  

BTW shot another 50 rounds yesterday all flawless.  Powder was AA2520 and the accuracy was shit though.  probably 3 moa at best.  Time to test out some HOrnady 168gr Amax loaded with 43 gr of Tac.  Hopefully these print better.

I also discovered that i had a bag of 50 reloads that would not pass the case gauge and these would not feed in the POF.  I figured my FN would eat anything and sure enough it swallowed every single one of them.  I love that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Just want to post here that based on this thread and follow-up research on POF, I ended up buying an LMT .308 instead of the POF .308 I came very close to buying.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Any Updates Sir?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My guess is he got his issue resolved so he wont be back, par for the course with these kinds of threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any Updates Sir?

My guess is he got his issue resolved so he wont be back, par for the course with these kinds of threads.

A happy ending. Good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Hope the OP got it taken care of
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I shot him a PM, hopefully he will tell  us how it played out.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top