Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 176
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Even though at least half of the gen 2 pokemon in the 10 km tier probably shouldn't be there, overall, I'm happy with the changes.  Especially all the downgrades.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
How many of the item required evolutions do you guys have?  All I have so far is a Slowking.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many of the item required evolutions do you guys have?  All I have so far is a Slowking.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-0943-154567.JPG
View Quote

I have the Up-grade required to evolve a Porygon (and enough candies to do so) but my Porygon's IVs are meh.

Gal pal has a bunch of the items, evolved a Kingdra but has nothing else worth cranking up at the moment.

We went on a 6 mile fishing expedition yesterday afternoon along an area waterway. Caught enough Karp to evolve up another good Gyarados and the odd Dratini popping up was icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Evolved a Scizor.

Have the Dragon Scale and Upgrade, but I only have 75 Horsea candy and haven't caught any since gen 2 came out (just evolved 2 Seadras right before gen 2 came out) and the best Porygon I have isn't great, waiting to see if I can get a better one out of an egg.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We went on a 6 mile fishing expedition yesterday afternoon along an area waterway. Caught enough Karp to evolve up another good Gyarados and the odd Dratini popping up was icing on the cake.
View Quote

Every time I see someone post about fishing and catching pokemon it reminds me of that thread back in July where the grumpy old man was bitching about how was fishing and people kept bothering him asking if he'd seen any water pokemon in the area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I did catch a wild Gyrados today with a new moveset

Attachment Attached File

The wife caught it too but hers was much bigger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I did catch a wild Gyrados today with a new moveset

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/70686/Screenshot-20170226-160925-154686.JPG

The wife caught it too but hers was much bigger.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/70686/IMG-3368-154698.JPG
View Quote

There's a Stop about a quarter mile from my place. I see evolved stuff pop up there all the time...usually when I'm on conference calls and can't leave to go get them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Slowking, steelix, politoad, and I have the "Up-Grade" for Porygon.

I have a 695 Porygon I could use as my buddy,  but since they're damned everywhere here I think I'm going to hold out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody caught a birthday pikachu yet?  They keep showing up on my sightings, but none have popped up yet.

Is there anything else special this week, like double candy...or just pikachus in dumb hats?

ETA: Caught one.  What's up with his tail?  Why does it look like a butt?

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#11]
If they do an Easter event, I'm guessing these things will be everywhere.

Maybe Delibird will finally appear in the game on Easter?  IMO they should've saved Exeggcute, Chansey, and Wigglytuff for Easter instead of Valentine's.

My dream Easter event would be the ability to buy additional unbreakable incubators and expanded egg storage.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Hatched a sheep with 32 candies so I evolved it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got a special item today...
A stupid "upgrade module"...
I don't even have Porygon in my dex...
Have yet to even see one around here
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
New update is out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
New update is out.
View Quote

Anything worthwhile? Also as anyone gotten a critical capture? I had a catch where the ball didn't shake, just closed and caught. No extra XP or anything else of note.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anything worthwhile? Also as anyone gotten a critical capture? I had a catch where the ball didn't shake, just closed and caught. No extra XP or anything else of note.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New update is out.

Nothing I've noticed.

Yeah, I've gotten one of those.  It was used on a pidgey.  Nearly a worthless feature when you consider they seem to be ridiculously rare and it's not like you can save them up for when you really need them so chances are they are going to be used on garbage. And, as you said, there's no extra XP, dust, etc.

Of course, not nearly as worthless as Nanab berries.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Any of you guys catch both of the gen 2 regionals yet? There are some Corsola around here, but unfortunately the thing is pretty much worthless (unless maybe liberal trading is implemented).  The only one that really matters is Heracross and I'm just out of range.

A Heracross with Counter and Close Combat is the best Blissey and Snorlax type counter in the game so obviously it's highly coveted.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep had 2 Critical captures.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Tauros is the Unites States regional now.  Are you kidding me?  What a kick in the nuts.  We can't get something new?  Something good?  We get something super common that's already been available to everyone for the past 8 months?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody caught a birthday pikachu yet?  They keep showing up on my sightings, but none have popped up yet.

Is there anything else special this week, like double candy...or just pikachus in dumb hats?

http://i.imgur.com/dprhoh1.png

ETA: Caught one.  What's up with his tail?  Why does it look like a butt?

http://i.imgur.com/sdUrmZV.png
View Quote

It's because it's female.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tauros is the Unites States regional now.  Are you kidding me?  What a kick in the nuts.  We can't get something new?  Something good?  We get something super common that's already been available to everyone for the past 8 months?
View Quote

I completely agree. No one really cared about the other regionals because they were all relatively weak.  However, Heracross is another story.  It's kind of ridiculous to have the most powerful fighting type and best Blissey/Snorlax type counter in the game be a common spawn south of a geographical line and nonexistent north of it.

And the line they picked is completely arbitrary.  It's not like they took an ice type and made it so it only spawned in really cold climates.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#22]
My decent catch of the day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand some of the move stat changes Niantic made, but with how drastic many of them were it kind of makes people hesitant to invest dust and rare candy. I mean who wants to invest 100k+ in dust and 100+ hard to find candies in a powerful 'mon with the best moveset if in a month Niantic is going to make changes that nerf the hell out of it?

Hell, just look at Chansey/Blissey:

ZH/Dazzling Gleam went from the worst defensive moveset to the best.

Pound/Psychic went from one of the best to the worst.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Contrary to what some people have been claiming; evolution items are, unfortunately, not guaranteed with a 7 day streak.

On the plus side: 10 km egg drops seem to be way up.  Since gen 2 went live I've gotten 7 10 km eggs (Pineco, Larvitar, and 5 unhatched).  That's how many 10 km eggs I got in November, December, and January combined.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#25]
After walking around with that stupid teddy bear forever, I finally got enough candy for my big Russian friend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
my park that was magicarp became teddybears, so i was able to farm a big bear and I have caught a couple as well.

the park flipped to eggsecute, but i really dont need more exeggutors...
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well someone around here has one.

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
After walking around with that stupid teddy bear forever, I finally got enough candy for my big Russian friend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320068/Screenshot-20170228-110025-156100.JPG
View Quote

Great moveset too.

No teddy bear evolutions yet for me, but I have caught a few evolved forms in the wild. I had 5 coming into today and even though they all had one of the two best movesets (Counter with Close Combat/Hyper Beam) they all had really low CP's.

Then, finally, I caught this one tonight:

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Just hit 35.
Need a upgrade and some kings rocks for the final gen 1 evolutions.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320068/Screenshot-20170228-110025-156100.JPG
View Quote

I have over 100 Teddiursa candy now, but all the CP 700-800 Teddiursas I catch have about the worst IVs possible.  Caught a wild Ursaring to add to the pokedex, so I guess I'll just save my candy until I find ones worth evolving.

Saw a wild Meganium on sightings yesterday, but couldn't find it.  Only need a few more candy to evolve a Chikorita all the way though, but the best Chikorita I have is only like CP 474 and 70% IVs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#32]
According to Niantic GO players have collectively walked 8.7 billion kilometers playing the game.

Link

My Larvitar I caught last week has definitely been pulling his weight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
According to Niantic GO players have collectively walked 8.7 billion kilometers playing the game.

Link

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1146-156939.JPG
View Quote

Dayum. I'm just now to 100km with my Magikarp.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1146-156939.JPG

How long has the fish been your buddy?  Do you have a Gyarados yet?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which event divided the distance by 4? Halloween? No Gyrados yet. I think I'm at 265/400. There is/was a spot in town that had a bunch of fish, but I don't go there often.

I don't walk much, especially since the GPS hasn't worked well since the Gen 2 rollout.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Which event divided the distance by 4? Halloween? No Gyrados yet. I think I'm at 265/400. There is/was a spot in town that had a bunch of fish, but I don't go there often.

I don't walk much, especially since the GPS hasn't worked well since the Gen 2 rollout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was Halloween. I spent the majority of that time with Lapras as a buddy.

If I could I'd happily give you 135 candies. Unless I happen across one with 100% IV's I doubt I'll even come close to using up all the candy I have now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Had a 535 Party Mouse run on me tonight at one spot. Next place we played I got a 200ish one.

Couple new Gen 2 Mons also.

The last stop turned into a Dratini and Karp spawn event, so even with the rain and wind which moved in it was a worthwhile evening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Contrary to what some people have been claiming; evolution items are, unfortunately, not guaranteed with a 7 day streak.

On the plus side: 10 km egg drops seem to be way up.  Since gen 2 went live I've gotten 7 10 km eggs (Pineco, Larvitar, and 5 unhatched).  That's how many 10 km eggs I got in November, December, and January combined.
View Quote

Every 7 day streak I've had I got a evolution item.

Whether that is because I just happen to be getting a ton of other stuff and it just happens, a higher drop chance, or plain out dumb luck, I can't say.

But I, personally, have gotten one with every 7th day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#39]
So yesterday afternoon I was bored at work. I had PoGo open on my phone and was doing an IV spreadsheet for my Pokemon on my PC (via Poke Assistant's online IV calc). I'm over level 30 now with 214 'mons in my Pokedex, so I'm trying to get a raft of high level Pokemon with killer IVs to do some serious gym battling.

With over 500 Pokemon in my storage it gets kind of confusing trying to keep track of which is which, so I decided to rename them with their IV stats in the name (i.e. Change my Bulbasaurs to "Bulbasaur-93" and "Bulbasaur-87", etc.) so I could easily tell which to keep and which to grind for candy. I was also favoriting the really good ones (anything over 95%). Anyway...

I was about 10 renames into my list when I started getting errors. Renaming failed. Error. So I killed the app on my phone and restarted it. Failed to login. So I waited a bit. Failed to login. So I waited a few hours. Failed to login. So I waited overnight. Failed to login. I created another account this morning, and it logged right in on the same phone.

I'm not getting a TOS message or a "Your account has been banned" message, but I'm starting to think they banned my account.

Keep in mind, I was NOT running any 3rd party app on my phone. I was manually renaming my Pokemon based on a spreadsheet that I created on my PC. The IV calc website was open on my PC and I was finding the values manually.

I submitted a support ticket, so I guess I'll see what they say. Just be forewarned, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Why do you still have to walk Eevee 5km/candy even though it's not in 10km eggs anymore? (building an Espeon army)
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Around Christmas I got fed up with the retarded gym game and the constant restrictions on play style so I deleted the app.  It might've been related to my iphone battery being toast also...
Anyway, gen 2 hits and my kids are excited and catch some stuff the other night.  So now I've reinstalled it.  I'm just going to play it more casual, rarely bother with gyms and just catch stuff with the kids to have fun.

I paid $60 a month or two ago for a new iphone battery.  How do you guys keep from killing yours?  Should I just have my external battery plugged in every time I run PoGo for more than 5 minutes?  I used to run it down to about 20%, then plug in the external and charge to 100, run it down, charge, etc.  I didn't like having to use the battery all the time.  But I don't want to have to buy a new battery again.  Advice?

In case you're wondering why I consider gyms retarded, I can't stay in any gym around here for more than a few hours.  I suspect it's a mix of spoofers and feral PoGoers.  There's actually one person that drives out of her way every morning to take a gym right by my work building.  Every...day...  When I consider that one gym capture = 10 cents, it's just not worth my time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Around Christmas I got fed up with the retarded gym game and the constant restrictions on play style so I deleted the app.  It might've been related to my iphone battery being toast also...
Anyway, gen 2 hits and my kids are excited and catch some stuff the other night.  So now I've reinstalled it.  I'm just going to play it more casual, rarely bother with gyms and just catch stuff with the kids to have fun.

I paid $60 a month or two ago for a new iphone battery.  How do you guys keep from killing yours?  Should I just have my external battery plugged in every time I run PoGo for more than 5 minutes?  I used to run it down to about 20%, then plug in the external and charge to 100, run it down, charge, etc.  I didn't like having to use the battery all the time.  But I don't want to have to buy a new battery again.  Advice?

In case you're wondering why I consider gyms retarded, I can't stay in any gym around here for more than a few hours.  I suspect it's a mix of spoofers and feral PoGoers.  There's actually one person that drives out of her way every morning to take a gym right by my work building.  Every...day...  When I consider that one gym capture = 10 cents, it's just not worth my time.
View Quote

I'm not sure what you mean by "constant restrictions on play style," but as far as battery life goes: get a power bank or a battery case. You can get a decent one for about $20.

Even some of the weakest ones out there will double your battery life.  Even if you don't play GO it's a good idea to have one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "constant restrictions on play style," but as far as battery life goes: get a power bank or a battery case. You can get a decent one for about $20.

Even some of the weakest ones out there will double your battery life.  Even if you don't play GO it's a good idea to have one.
View Quote

By restrictions I mean how they kept speed limiting everything.  Can't hit pokestops or catch 'mons if you're moving above 15mph or so.  My kids always played in the car going back and forth to town, so much for that.  We live in the country and the game is just not easy for rural people.  Then they speed limited everything and it just got aggravating.  In my rural development, there are about 7 spawn points and no stops.  Their GPS updates were so slow that I could walk the neighborhood loop and maybe get half the distance I walked credited.

I have an external Anker battery.  What I'm asking is, are you guys staying plugged in all the time to protect phone battery life?  Does that help?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn the screen brightness down while walking around.

It makes a huge difference on my iPhone 6s Plus
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

By restrictions I mean how they kept speed limiting everything.  Can't hit pokestops or catch 'mons if you're moving above 15mph or so.  My kids always played in the car going back and forth to town, so much for that.  We live in the country and the game is just not easy for rural people.  Then they speed limited everything and it just got aggravating.  In my rural development, there are about 7 spawn points and no stops.  Their GPS updates were so slow that I could walk the neighborhood loop and maybe get half the distance I walked credited.

I have an external Anker battery.  What I'm asking is, are you guys staying plugged in all the time to protect phone battery life?  Does that help?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I gotcha.  Yeah that is definitely annoying.  Especially when Niantic seems FAR more concerned with trivial shit like speed limits than they do stuff that actually matters (combatting spoofers, adding fun new features, etc).

Actually I think keeping your phone constantly charging is bad for long term battery life.  I have a battery case I sometimes use when I'm playing but I don't really have a need for it all that much.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt.  There is a night and day (no pun intended) difference in battery life between playing during the day with the brightness turned way up and playing at night with the brightness turned down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#47]
They replied to my support request. Banned. Didn't/wouldn't say what I actually did that violated the ToS, only that I did, and that I can appeal it.

I'm going to appeal it, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They replied to my support request. Banned. Didn't/wouldn't say what I actually did that violated the ToS, only that I did, and that I can appeal it.

View Quote

Well that sux!

Caught party hat Pikachu today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was apparently a massive ban of bot/spoofer accounts yesterday.
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top