BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go to 2:42 in the "Alternate Angle" video a few posts up. 

I'll admit its actually not 100% clear what is being said, but it sounds like the kid threatened to shoot him, or they're arguing over something of that nature. 

And sorry if I came off like a dick before, stuff like this just pisses me off. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed this in the video.  Is there another video that has this part?  Or are we going off say-so?

are you surprised that video shot by the suspects doesn't show the entire thing?

Ive already explained what happened. If you want to keep repeating the trespassing false narrative, go ahead.

Besides that you can clearly hear the kid threatening to shoot the officer. Not sure how someone would miss that...
That's the part I'm saying I missed.  When did that happen?

I'll admit its actually not 100% clear what is being said, but it sounds like the kid threatened to shoot him, or they're arguing over something of that nature. 

But he has already had his hands on the kid for a long time by then.  That part could not have been the basis for grabbing the kid because he had already grabbed him.

It sounds like they are rehashing what was said and the off duty cop is claiming shoot while kid is claiming sue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So if random Joe six pack is told by some guy "I'll shoot you" the police will immediately come and arrest the guy who said that to you in passing?  No physical contact occurred, just one asshole yelling to the other and walking away?

Yep, we already know the cops wouldn't even respond.  And if they did, they wouldn't arrest anyone..

It's the double standard that causes problems with Le and community perception.

Since it's a "supposed" off duty cop, now everything is an arrestable offense?

Or is it a "don't question my authority situation?"
View Quote

If someone is on your property and telling you that they will shoot you, do you think the cops will not respond?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll Google the commute time from Los Angeles to Mayberry R.F.D.

My point was he doesn't live in the jurisdiction he works, but California officers may have statewide arrest power.  If they do, then he stands a better chance of acting under his authority as a cop, off duty or not.  If not, he was acting as a citizen.  Either way, the legal authority for him detaining the kid will be easy to determine. The judgement in detaining the kid is subjective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if that's the kind of teens roaming the neighborhood, he apparently doesn't live far enough away from the shit.

I'll Google the commute time from Los Angeles to Mayberry R.F.D.

My point was he doesn't live in the jurisdiction he works, but California officers may have statewide arrest power.  If they do, then he stands a better chance of acting under his authority as a cop, off duty or not.  If not, he was acting as a citizen.  Either way, the legal authority for him detaining the kid will be easy to determine. The judgement in detaining the kid is subjective.

Judgement... is something that was completely lacking here, IMO. From the moment he stepped out of his door, there was no chance that this was going to go his way. Anyone who's been around the block a few times would have known that.

Whether he had any kind of authority or jurisdiction here is utterly irrelevant.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...When the dust clears, nobody got hurt, and the poor guy who just wanted to be left alone in peace gets his property damaged by the kids' and later by the kids friends, and now has to live with threats and future vandalism.  How is he the bad guy here?
View Quote

Bad guy...good guy...who knows. No question that he is dumb as fuck guy, though.

1) Dragging some kid across how many yards was stupid.

2) Engaging in a debate with a bunch of kids was stupid.

3) Drawing down without actually knowing how to handle a firearm was stupid.

He may even be justified in doing what he did (well, other than the negligent discharge; that's definitely a major fuckup), but that doesn't make what he did smart. His house is going to be a place of manhood tests among those kids to vandalize.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If someone is on your property and telling you that they will shoot you, do you think the cops will not respond?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if random Joe six pack is told by some guy "I'll shoot you" the police will immediately come and arrest the guy who said that to you in passing?  No physical contact occurred, just one asshole yelling to the other and walking away?

Yep, we already know the cops wouldn't even respond.  And if they did, they wouldn't arrest anyone..

Why does anyone think that happened?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, we already know the cops wouldn't even respond.  And if they did, they wouldn't arrest anyone.
View Quote

I've seen people arrested for just a threat with no physical contact but it's not even a misdemeanor where I worked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The kid is in the news today saying he said "sue" not "shoot".
View Quote

Of course he is. Threatening to shoot the cop next door when he tells you to stop trespassing is a felony.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you think it didn't happen?

What we have here are facts:

Kid said and admitted saying "I am going to "sue/shoot" you".  Sounded like shoot to me, and I can see given that circumstance it can sound like a lot of things.  But sue/shoot was said.

You claim he didn't say that, so strike one.

You claim a random guy grabbed a random kid off the street, despite being on film, dragging him through yards, and possibly drumming up charges?

I'm curious, do random people tell random people without any confrontation or physical touching that "They will sue/shoot them"?   Do random people just grab and drag random people for no unprovoked reasons?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hard to believe he was really in fear of being shot by a 14 year old when he was at first casually standing around, clutching the kid's arm with one hand (leaving the kid's other hand free) and clutching his backpack with the other.  That is not the action of someone who is reasonably in sustained fear for his own safety.
View Quote

Police have no duty to retreat in California. Once he decided to arrest the kid he can use as much force as he needs to do accomplish it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only indication it may have happened is the claim of someone who already seems to be way into a big mistake when he claims it.  It seems to be hanging an awful lot on the off duty cops claim.

ETA: I replied before your edit.  Based on the video I'm seeing the discussion about who said what is way after it was originally said.  I don't think there is video of it originally being said or, if there is, I haven't found that portion of he video.  I haven't seen video of the exchange that the off duty cop felt was justification for grabbing the kid.  It sounds like there was kids walking on his lawn, words were exchanged, and he went over and grabbed a kid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The only indication it may have happened is the claim of someone who already seems to be way into a big mistake when he claims it.  It seems to be hanging an awful lot on the off duty cops claim.
View Quote

Kid claimed he said it on the morning news interview.   He said "sue" not "shoot" is what he claimed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#12]
It's on Fox news right now. I guess they are going to have a presser soon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Isn't it early for DU to be on this forum?  I thought they usually crawled out at nights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this mean if LAPD rolled up on a similar situation where a non LE homeowner physically detained a kid and had an ND, that they wouldn't have arrested the homeowner?

Yeah, I didn't think so.  Cop should've been arrested and charged with kidnapping (holding kid against his will), assault with a deadly weapon, and tossed in attempted murder for the ND.  

You know damn well if this exact cop went on a similar call, he would've pushed the homeowners shit in....

Double standard?  Yep.  Hope he does felony time for this, like every other good California citizen would in a similar situation!

Isn't it early for DU to be on this forum?  I thought they usually crawled out at nights?

Your funny...

We all know though if it was Joe six pack he'd be in jail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kid claimed he said it on the morning news interview.   He said "sue" not "shoot" is what he claimed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I saw that part where they argue about the same thing while the off duty cop is grabbing the kid.  I have seen no video of what was originally said that triggered the off duty cop.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Police have no duty to retreat in California. Once he decided to arrest the kid he can use as much force as he needs to do accomplish it.
View Quote

Who said anything about a duty to retreat?  He simply didn't have reasonable fear that the kid was going to shoot him right then and there.  He may claim it, but his actions show he wasn't concerned about getting shot by the kid he grabbed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Was he the only one in da yard room professional enough?

Yeah, don't pull you're gun on a bunch of school kids.  Let him go, work it out another way.  That dude is fucked.
View Quote

I guess you did not actually watch the vid?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

STOP RESISTING!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to believe he was really in fear of being shot by a 14 year old when he was at first casually standing around, clutching the kid's arm with one hand (leaving the kid's other hand free) and clutching his backpack with the other.  That is not the action of someone who is reasonably in sustained fear for his own safety.

I guess you missed this?

http://tribunist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/fdhjb5454.jpg
I thought maybe that kid was going to pull a knife when I saw that.  

Another kid took a big haymaker roundhouse swing at him too prior to that, but luckily for him missed.

The key to the whole thing is going to be if he was justified in grabbing and holding the kid.

He may win that battle, but he already lost the war.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Boy how GD has fallen.

There was a time when criminals actions are condemned.  Here is this post you can see a poster clearly condemning the victim here that was trying to arrest a criminal..
View Quote

Nope. not the victim.

All I can see here is an asshat.  The kid may or may not have trespassed on his lawn.  Asshat grabbed the kid, and continued to escalate - dragging him around, OFF of a public sidewalk. Grabbing the kid's property. If he was arresting the kid, why not wait right at the curb for the police?

Hell, he was even an asshat when the police did roll up.

Asshat could have de-escalated any time.  He chose the path.  

If you have some compelling evidence of property damage, or a viable threat to asshat PRIOR TO his going hands on, please post it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Hope the cop has one of these. He's gonna need it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ETA: I replied before your edit.  Based on the video I'm seeing the discussion about who said what is way after it was originally said.  I don't think there is video of it originally being said or, if there is, I'm haven't found that portion of he video.  I haven't seen video of the exchange that the off duty cop felt was justification for grabbing the kid.  It sounds like there was kids walking on his lawn, words were exchanged, and he went over and grabbed a kid.
View Quote

I wonder if the cop did call the girl a "cunt"-he denied saying it when the kid he was holding said he did,but someone piped up pretty quick that he did say it.

Have they confirmed that the kid he was dragging around had a Dad that was a cop?

Big ol cluster either way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed this in the video.  Is there another video that has this part?  Or are we going off say-so?

are you surprised that video shot by the suspects doesn't show the entire thing?

Ive already explained what happened. If you want to keep repeating the trespassing false narrative, go ahead.

Besides that you can clearly hear the kid threatening to shoot the officer. Not sure how someone would miss that...
That's the part I'm saying I missed.  When did that happen?

The kid never says he's going to shoot anyone. Around 2:05 in the alternate angle video (paraphrasing) the cop says "you said you were going to shoot me" kid responds with "I didn't say that! I said I was going to sue you." fast forward to 2:42 it sounds like the kids says "saying I'm going to shoot you, I already didn't, I said I'm going to sue you. Cant you hear?"

Whole thing is stupid prizes all around.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kid wasn't on his property, the off duty cop followed him down the street and confronted him on someone else's property.

I'm sure the police would respond but we all know they aren't arresting a guy for talking shit on the street and walking away...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've seen people arrested for just a threat with no physical contact but it's not even a misdemeanor where I worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, we already know the cops wouldn't even respond.  And if they did, they wouldn't arrest anyone.

So just a fine when it's all said and done?

Which means this guy hung it all on the line for a petty offense?  Ouch!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the supposed offense even happened. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Well he was assaulted at one point and getting surrounded at another.

Not sure what happened before the vid stared rolling.

I give the cop benefit of the doubt considering he is getting surrounded buy the "youth" that assaulted him on vid at one point and threaten to shot him.

ND is never a good thing but fighting with someone it happens...shouldn't but does
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
What a fucking idiot.

I'm betting he's going to have a lot of insurance claims in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CA is different.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm completely lost here.

Arfcom, the land of the ammo fort, and no step on snek, and we build our own handgrenades-

People constantly on a persons' property, guy finally has had enough (you know he's had to have complained to the police and the city)

Goes out and stands up like a man.

Against multiple 'children' almost his height and body weight with Hispanic mindsets.

Except fuck him. Why?

He's a cop.

Not one of you should open your mouths again about right to carry and defense of home any more. That goes double for the ones suggesting what he should do is go back inside and give them space to destroy.

Any of you continuing to refer to them as children should never post again in any thread talking about where a child stabs/kills/robs someone.

You want to know why law enforcement has an isolationist mindset? This kinda shitposting right here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That guy is fucked.

At the very least he may want to consider moving.

Those kids fear no adult, cop or not. It looks like they were about ready to rat pack the guy simply for "disrespecting them" by telling them to get the fuck off his lawn/property.
The crime of "disrespect" gets that little 14 year old shitbird's uncles and cousins at your door.

Story time:
I dealt with some little gang bangers back in HS.
Two of them started beef with one of my buddies, he threw a proper beating on the both of them.
Next day there were grown ass, fresh out the pen uncles and cousins waiting for us to get payback for said disrespect.

Luckily my buddy played football, the whole team came out at his back.

But, a year later we were robbed at knifepoint by some of the cousins.
We knew who they were (by name), cops (who also knew them by name) went and arrested them.

Then the uncles and cousins started driving past my house and made threatening phone calls.
Telling us to drop the charges or there would be consequences.

Yeah, that didn't happen. They only got some county time, despite already having records.

Almost a decade later I crossed paths with one of the shitbirds.
He walked into a restaurant and up to my table, stared at me for a good 30 seconds, made the "finger gun" at me and walked off.

This was over 20 years ago now and don't doubt he would try to kill me if he got a chance.
All because some "disrespect" went down when we were kids.

Animals. Feral animals.
View Quote

Similar happened to me years ago.

Animals that's what they are animals. Normal people do not act this way only animals do.

I  mean things that happened when your a teen and 20 years later they act the same over something that when we where kids and they want to restart the fight .

Good luck to the officer. Im sure they pissed or otherwise where conducting them selves unwanted on his property.

I went to school with "kids" like you see in the vid, Bangers or want to be bangers. No respect for anyone.

This is why I have my son is in private school. So he doesn't have to deal with what you see in the vid...animals
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm completely lost here.

Arfcom, the land of the ammo fort, and no step on snek, and we build our own handgrenades-

People constantly on a persons' property, guy finally has had enough (you know he's had to have complained to the police and the city)

Goes out and stands up like a man.

Against multiple 'children' almost his height and body weight with Hispanic mindsets.

Except fuck him. Why?

He's a cop.

Not one of you should open your mouths again about right to carry and defense of home any more. That goes double for the ones suggesting what he should do is go back inside and give them space to destroy.

Any of you continuing to refer to them as children should never post again in any thread talking about where a child stabs/kills/robs someone.

You want to know why law enforcement has an isolationist mindset? This kinda shitposting right here.
View Quote

How do you think this would have shook out if he wasn't a cop?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Huge, racist, skinhead armed with a gun attacks young unarmed Hispanic child for walking on his grass.
When his young friends scared for his life try to help him from being assaulted and raped, The neo-Nazi pulls a gun and opens fire on the unarmed children.

When are people ( cops and citizens )
Going to realize it doesn't matter what really happens in these situations. This country runs only on feels.  I have no doubt this will be spun by the news into a real feels story
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ND is never a good thing but fighting with someone it happens...shouldn't but does
View Quote

It's called sympathetic squeeze.

I first heard about it in the 90's. A police officer had shot an arrestee in the back of the head while on top of and trying to cuff them. They wanted to blame it on the new 'safetyless glock'.

Turns out, what you do with one hand, the other hand wants to ape. I and others were able to demonstrate this with a dixie cup of water. You put it in a persons' hand, then give them a stiff piece of paper in the other. Put the cup hand out of their sight, then yell and scream at them to get that paper crumpled into a tight ball. Sometimes, not always, but often enough to be above the noise floor, that cup full of water got squished.

(Shrugs)

Best practice is to be the gunner or the cuffer. If you are solo, best practice is to holster up during cuffing. When you are actively threatened while trying to retain a suspect? That's a grey area. Especially if the firearm is in your off hand.

And, for the record, I'd totally be on that guy's side, even if he weren't a police officer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He wasn't detaining a trespasser. He was arresting him for criminal threats, a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does a citizen have the legal authority to detain a trespasser, or shoplifter, or any other criminal or not?  It's a yes or no question.

If the guy was not a LEO, but a regular homeowner who was trying to hold on to a kid who was trespassing and communicating threats, with the intent of calling the police, and then drew down when he was surrounded by the gang of kids and assaulted then GD would be calling him a hero.

Now the ND is a training issue and needs to be addressed.  I see a written reprimand in his file for that.

And don't live in the shit hole you work in.  The drive is worth it.  I'm not sure if it's possible to not live in a gang infested area on a cops salary in SoCal though.  I have a 45 minute commute in NC to avoid the city I work in outside of work.

He wasn't detaining a trespasser. He was arresting him for criminal threats, a felony.

There were no criminal threats, which is why the kids were immediately released.  Maybe in your own private bizarre world "I'll sue you" is a felony threat, but in the rest of the united States, it is not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do you think this would have shook out if he wasn't a cop?
View Quote

Even worse.

Which is wrong. As I've already said, I am very property-rights oriented. I've seen this kind of bullshit too often.

The part of the community not having youths shit in their lawns, steal their stuff, graffiti their stuff say, go easy. They're kids. They're learning.

yeah, they're learning pack mentality.

Read threads on here about people trespassing onto their lands to hunt, or people that keep getting their stuff stolen. They deserve the ability to stand up without fear they'll be the bad guy in the media and on boards like this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Should have called for backup.  

And should have had a pair of cuffs on him; once those were on, the little twit would have at least been clearly under arrest and going for a ride in a police car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nope. not the victim.

All I can see here is an asshat.  The kid may or may not have trespassed on his lawn.  Asshat grabbed the kid, and continued to escalate - dragging him around, OFF of a public sidewalk. Grabbing the kid's property. If he was arresting the kid, why not wait right at the curb for the police?

If you have some compelling evidence of property damage, or a viable threat to asshat PRIOR TO his going hands on, please post it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy how GD has fallen.

There was a time when criminals actions are condemned.  Here is this post you can see a poster clearly condemning the victim here that was trying to arrest a criminal..

Nope. not the victim.

Yep.

The GD 'circle the wagons' crowd is at it again.

"There was a time" when idiots who whip out a pistol with no clue how to handle themselves were mocked. Especially when they go full retard and crank a round off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone left your property when asked, but you ran down the street, grabbed them, they said "I'll sue you", you pull a gun and pop a round off, you think the cops will respond?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#39]
That punk in the red sweatshirt that jumped over the hedge and went for something in his back pocket was ripe to get shot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There were no criminal threats, which is why the kids were immediately released.  Maybe in your own private bizarre world "I'll sue you" is a felony threat, but in the rest of the united States, it is not.
View Quote

The kids appear to be released because of certain demographics.

I only watched about fifteen-twenty seconds of video. If you can't agree there were threats to that homeowners' life, then I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
In like Flint
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I only watched about fifteen-twenty seconds of video. If you can't agree there were threats to that homeowners' life, then I don't know what to tell you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So.....the homeowner shouldn't have chased them down the block?

We are in agreement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Should have called for backup.  

And should have had a pair of cuffs on him; once those were on, the little twit would have at least been clearly under arrest and going for a ride in a police car.
View Quote

He should have done a lot of things, starting with not running down the street to escalate a dick-measuring contest with a white-knighting 13 year old.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I see the GD trolls and instigators are out in force.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, we don't actually know that. The parent of a juvenile claimed it, saying their kid got released. Except there's no independent confirmation from authorities due to juvenile privacy. And around here, juveniles who get arrested spend 3-4 hours in juvenile jail getting booked and chilling in a cell, then get remanded to parents.

Or put another way, in my AO it's entirely possible that the kid would have been home the same night - just in time for parent to go on the news and start the rabble-rousing with the claim that the charges were dropped. Barring a statement from the district attorneys office or local LE, we just don't know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Cop
Trump
Women
Glock
Hate can make you look stupid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've watched that video twice and i still have not a fucking clue that that officer was trying to do
View Quote

Does it really matter..

Because it went SOUTH in a hurry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Clint Eastwood did it better
Page / 11
Top Top