Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 100
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish rosberg hadn't had issues, I think Hamilton had his number but it would have been a good race to watch up front
instead of just in the back

-Mike
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a whiny little bitch Vettel is.  One reason he'll never get my respect as a top driver, same with Hamilton, they piss and moan too much when things ain't going the way they want.  

Good drive for Bottas again, damn i hope he can win one this year.  Williams is getting closer, and i'm all for it

Excellent drive for Alonso as well, once again, pulls a miracle out of a shitty situation.
View Quote

So alonso whining at the exact same time about vettel, calling for tbe stewards to check into vettwls driving earns your respect?

I swear the color red makes some of you guys blind.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
he can't do that !!!  
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
"Tell him he should have done this" "he cant go outside the lines..call the stewards"

And lets not forget the "ice man"..." magnussen hit me again" "do somthing"

Race car drivers are drama llamas guys...get over it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Tell him he should have done this" "he cant go outside the lines..call the stewards"

View Quote

Not to mention...heat of the moment. I imagine we would all sound like whiny bitches if we were mic'd up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So alonso whining at the exact same time about vettel, calling for tbe stewards to check into vettwls driving earns your respect?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a whiny little bitch Vettel is.  One reason he'll never get my respect as a top driver, same with Hamilton, they piss and moan too much when things ain't going the way they want.  

Good drive for Bottas again, damn i hope he can win one this year.  Williams is getting closer, and i'm all for it

Excellent drive for Alonso as well, once again, pulls a miracle out of a shitty situation.

Vettel has a history of doing this... every. Fucking. Race. I was coming around to liking him But he's showing his true colors now that he doesn't have the golden ride. He's a bitch.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
It's true that Alonso also asked for the stewards to check for vettel's actions, but the tone was different.

Vettel has been whining on every lap for at least 6 laps...  He really sounded like a spoiled child.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Vettel has a history of doing this... every. Fucking. Race. I was coming around to liking him But he's showing his true colors now that he doesn't have the golden ride. He's a bitch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Kimi has the same history, so doesnt Massa. Seriously...if you want to hate vettel because he has beat your team for the last 4 years fine.....but just because hes yelling and whining like everyother driver when things get stressful ..get over it because your precipus boys in red are no different.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Just watched the replay -- can someone help me out?  "DRS"?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And Kimi has the same history, so doesnt Massa. Seriously...if you want to hate vettel because he has beat your team for the last 4 years fine.....but just because hes yelling and whining like everyother driver when things get stressful ..get over it because your precipus boys in red are no different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Honestly I don't remember anyone bitching like Sebastian today... Have you heard him ? 4-5 times at the radio ? High pitched and all, like somebody stole his lunchbox or something..?

Worse thing is that nothing in front of him was scandalous..

This has nothing to do with previous seasons results or the fact that he is not in red....  It just was lame.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You wanna know what the DRS is ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found it after I figured out how to tell Google what I wanted
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Meh. Honestly I don't remember anyone bitching like Sebastian today... Have you heard him ? 4-5 times at the radio ? High pitched and all, like somebody stole his lunchbox or something..?

This has nothing to do with previous seasons results or the fact that he is not in red....  It just was lame.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look Im not saying he wasnt being whiny, or lame, Im simply saying hes being a F1 pilot.

Just like I thought it was lame when Kimi basically assaulted a lotus engineer last year when he wasnt happy and then just gave up on the season, just like I thought it was lame when Massa went on whining for 4 laps about having to make a drive though last year, just like I thought Hamilton has been lame this entire year. Hell, god rest his soul, Senna had plenty of "lame"moments. Prost had many a lame whiny moment.

They are F1 pilots, finicky, flakey, emotional primadonas in zoom zoom cars. Its a part of the sport, part of the personallity needed to push the envelope, and chase a stupid checkered flag at 300 kph.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're within 1 second of the guy in front of you at a certain part of the track (the detection zone), you are allowed to engage DRS on a designated straightaway(s).  Engaging the DRS means you press a button which flattens a portion of your rear wing, thus reducing drag on the car at high speed.  This can give the following car a huge top speed advantage over the leading car, and allow him to more easily attempt a pass toward the end of the straightaway.

Gimmicky, but it has improved the sport, IMO, as the aero characteristics of the cars caused the following cars to lose front end grip when they got close enough to pass.  Overtaking (passing) was all but impossible, unless the following car was vastly superior to the leading car in straightline performance or in cornering speed or in ability to accelerate off the corner.  Rarely are the top cars vastly superior in these characteristics.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You assume i hate him for winning. If that makes you feel better go ahead. I don't like him because he bitches all the time. Any time he has car trouble he's bitching at the team. Any time he has to work to pass someone he bitches about being forced off track or blocked.  He blatantly violates team orders.  It would have been different today if Alonso had done anything wrong but he didn't. Every time Vettel failed to pass he couldn't help but cry about how unfair it all is.

If it were just some of those things every once in a while it would be a different story but it's all the time.  By all means though, feel free to convince yourself that he annoys the shit out of me just because he had the hot car for a few years.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
So again..he acts like every other driver. I have heard Kimi bitch over and over this season about the steering, the power, the grip. This guy bumped me, that guy bumped me. But he's Kimi so he gets a pass. Hell Massa disobeyed team orders this year..he gets a pass..hes Massa!

I get it though. I hate hamilton for very much the same reasons you state you hate Seb. However Seb just doesnt bother me like ,something in my eye Lewis.
Hell, ill even admit Seb can whine like a bitch...so cant they all. I wish they had keyed alonso more than once, like the six times thry Keyed Seb. Evidently Alonso  crying just as much the"he cant do that" as Seb. Remeber we only see and hear a fraction of what is said.

I still recant with every f1 pilot is a whiny, flakey, primadona. Part of the sport...and I fucking love the sport!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Vettel is on his own level. He's everything that annoys me about various other drivers wrapped into one.

Massa gets no pass and neither does Kimi. Kimi has a lot of redeeming qualities though. Nothing about Vettel appeals to me. You may like the guy. That's fine, but i just can't get over his tone and attitude when things aren't going his way.

I can appreciate passion in many forms, Just not his.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate Hamilton
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Awesome Alonso :)
View Quote
Alonso was awesome today.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I completely agree, Alonso drove a great race today!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Both Alonso and Vettel did a bang up job today, it was nice to see the racing... someone just needs to stop giving Seb Red Bull before the race.  Fernando was wound pretty damn tight on that one too though, he was ranting for a full lap afterward.

I'm not going to fault either of them, and if you haven't ever raced yourself, shut up... Your blood gets up during moments like that and you say things... bad things.  
Bottas is definitely driver of the day though.  Good drive kid, I'm impressed.  Same with Ricciardo, he just drives and gets shit done.  I think both will definitely be champions one day.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Another great race... Rosberg retiring kinda sucked though... I think Lewis may have had something for him and it would have been another battle to watch.

How fucking good is Bottas?  Good to see another Finn kicking ass since Kimi is apparently packed in in mentally.  

And speaking of Kimi... WTF is up with the huge trench right next to the track?  Kimi lost it all on his own for sure, but it was probably a "survivable" incident until he hit the chasm coming back on the track.  Looking at the replay, it was like he hit a speed bump... crazy, and damn lucky he didn't get severely injured.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And speaking of Kimi... WTF is up with the huge trench right next to the track?  Kimi lost it all on his own for sure, but it was probably a "survivable" incident until he hit the chasm coming back on the track.  Looking at the replay, it was like he hit a speed bump... crazy, and damn lucky he didn't get severely injured.
View Quote

There are quite a few folks are really pissed at Kimi for that little escapade.

Not sure how many US viewers know, but Max Chilton came real close to losing his head via one of Kimi's wheels.

The main complaint is that Kimi doesn't (can't be bothered) to walk any track prior to the event. Had he walked the track (like everybody else), he and his engineers would have noticed/noted the trench like aspect of that area.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Had he walked the track (like everybody else), he and his engineers would have noticed/noted the trench like aspect of that area.
View Quote

Honestly, I don't think walking the track previously would have made any difference. He was committed to that line and knowing it was there wouldn't have made much difference, IMO...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not sure how many US viewers know, but Max Chilton came real close to losing his head via one of Kimi's wheels.

The main complaint is that Kimi doesn't (can't be bothered) to walk any track prior to the event. Had he walked the track (like everybody else), he and his engineers would have noticed/noted the trench like aspect of that area.
View Quote

Understandable anger at Kimi... but seriously... why in the hell is there a trench big enough to kill (or worse, launch) a race car right next to a race track?  I could understand if it were a street circuit, but Silverstone is probably one of the most carefully cared-for and prepared hunks of track in the world.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Honestly, I don't think walking the track previously would have made any difference. He was committed to that line and knowing it was there wouldn't have made much difference, IMO...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had he walked the track (like everybody else), he and his engineers would have noticed/noted the trench like aspect of that area.

They are pissed about that as well. (citing FIA Sporting Article 20.2 : “should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so.”)

Basically....your wreck was stupid, preventable and came damn close to hurting or killing another driver. Maybe it's time you take this shit a bit more seriously. (Think Grosjean in 2012)

ETA:

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Alonso and Bottas get the driver of the day awards. Don't forget Alonso had that five second penalty and still managed a P6 after starting 19th (?). Bottas to finish P2 after starting like 17 or 18 or something. A lot of his passes were around the outside of turns, too. Great drive...

PS - Crybaby Seb was getting old. Even the NBC commentators were laughing at him. "He won't let me pass, daddy." haha.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Alonso and Bottas get the driver of the day awards. Don't forget Alonso had that five second penalty and still managed a P6 after starting 19th (?). Bottas to finish P2 after starting like 17 or 18 or something. A lot of his passes were around the outside of turns, too. Great drive...

PS - Crybaby Seb was getting old. Even the NBC commentators were laughing at him. "He won't let me pass, daddy." haha.
View Quote

Lol Hobbs wasn't letting up on him: "You better let me pass or I'm going to get my dad to beat up your dad"

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not to mention...heat of the moment. I imagine we would all sound like whiny bitches if we were mic'd up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There'd be a lot more swearing if I was driving.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There'd be a lot more swearing if I was driving.
View Quote

There would be a lot more pants-pooping if I was.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Understandable anger at Kimi... but seriously... why in the hell is there a trench big enough to kill (or worse, launch) a race car right next to a race track?  I could understand if it were a street circuit, but Silverstone is probably one of the most carefully cared-for and prepared hunks of track in the world.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It rains at Silverstone. A lot. My understanding is that the trench is there to collect water and allow the track to be drivable even in wet conditions.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Both Alonso and Vettel did a bang up job today, it was nice to see the racing... someone just needs to stop giving Seb Red Bull before the race.  Fernando was wound pretty damn tight on that one too though, he was ranting for a full lap afterward.

I'm not going to fault either of them, and if you haven't ever raced yourself, shut up... Your blood gets up during moments like that and you say things... bad things.  

Bottas is definitely driver of the day though.  Good drive kid, I'm impressed.  Same with Ricciardo, he just drives and gets shit done.  I think both will definitely be champions one day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have raced before. Never had a temper during the race. In fact i never said a word. I started wearing a mouth guard though because i was gritting my teeth so hard. After the race fighting in the pits was mandatory though to put on a show for everyone that bought a pit pass lol.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I actually have raced before. Never had a temper during the race. In fact i never said a word. I started wearing a mouth guard though because i was gritting my teeth so hard. After the race fighting in the pits was mandatory though to put on a show for everyone that bought a pit pass lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was always a fan of the "ole lady' throw downs while their men were still on track.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They are pissed about that as well. (citing FIA Sporting Article 20.2 : “should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so.”)

Basically....your wreck was stupid, preventable and came damn close to hurting or killing another driver. Maybe it's time you take this shit a bit more seriously. (Think Grosjean in 2012)

ETA:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br7pwAaIQAAbQ8g.jpg:large
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br7pwAaIQAAbQ8g.jpg:large

That's a bit of a stretch. Have you ever witnessed a driver go wide on a turn exit and decide "Well I'm not 100% sure it's safe to re enter so instead of maintaining racing speed and squeezing back on I'm going to stop the car and let the whole field by."

No one ever does it so getting mad about that is stupid especially given the fact that he had plenty of room to re enter had he not gone airborne and lost control.

Now had he walked the track would he have remembered the trench and avoided it?  Who knows... never a bad idea though.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

And lets not forget the "ice man"..." magnussen hit me again" "do somthing"

View Quote
thats what happens when you have so many rules.  its not the job of the stewards to 'fix' it when shit doesnt go their way.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

true... like when he got passed by Kobay..

"why wont he get out of my wayyyy!?  hes slower!!! do something!!!!!!!"

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's a bit of a stretch. Have you ever witnessed a driver go wide on a turn exit and decide "Well I'm not 100% sure it's safe to re enter so instead of maintaining racing speed and squeezing back on I'm going to stop the car and let the whole field by."

No one ever does it so getting mad about that is stupid especially given the fact that he had plenty of room to re enter had he not gone airborne and lost control.

Now had he walked the track would he have remembered the trench and avoided it?  Who knows... never a bad idea though.

View Quote

This.  I understand the need for drainage, but there's gotta be a better solution than a car-killing trench a few feet off the track.....
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This.  I understand the need for drainage, but there's gotta be a better solution than a car-killing trench a few feet off the track.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditches are bad, mmmkay. Sometimes you can't avoid them, especially when you get run off the road.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll +1 that.

Bottas will probably get his first win this season,  the Williams folks seem to be doing a good job of at least keeping up with Mercedes in development as the season goes along.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They update and fix tracks for driver safety all the time.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a good "run back on" area after all the new paved run off areas is probably a pretty good fucking idea.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

They update and fix tracks for driver safety all the time.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a good "run back on" area after all the new paved run off areas is probably a pretty good fucking idea.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i guess the Brits dont like 'french drains'

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious about what exactly he hit. Never did see an on-board and can't find anything online.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm curious about what exactly he hit. Never did see an on-board and can't find anything online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a trench filled with gravel

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#45]

And it may or may have not broke his rear suspension coming back on sending him to the wall.  While we're on the topic of fixing things at the track, why don't they have a tire barrier on that section of guardrail he hit??  It's the abutment to a bridge, and it sticks out in the track, you'd think there might be a chance someone would hit it??  Also if you look at the section of guardrail, the whole piece had been replaced recently, meaning someone else might have done the same thing?

In the end, it's still a race track, you can't make everything absolutely safe, not to mention Silverstone is old.  Yes it's been updated, but it wasn't designed with safety in mind all those years ago.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Joey Hand at Mid Ohio 2006

http://youtu.be/fRC3rv1ZHj4

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ditches are bad, mmmkay. Sometimes you can't avoid them, especially when you get run off the road.

http://www.carmag.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BMW.jpg

"weeeeeeeeeeeee"

tell you what... i would rather flip like that than hit something like kimi did.  dissipation of energy ftw..

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember telling my chief mechanic that he was a raging cunt that couldn't hold a job fixing lawn mowers, let alone be working on my bikes.  

We got drunk later, he knocked the shit out of me, and we were friends again.  

Frankly, I wish they would get rid of the in-car radio broadcasting altogether, it would make it a hell of a lot easier for teams to communicate.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I remember telling my chief mechanic that he was a raging cunt that couldn't hold a job fixing lawn mowers, let alone be working on my bikes.  

Frankly, I wish they would get rid of the in-car radio broadcasting altogether, it would make it a hell of a lot easier for teams to communicate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree---if you want to review a sound feed after an incident, or someone has a failure fine, however during the race its pretty much useless.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"weeeeeeeeeeeee"

tell you what... i would rather flip like that than hit something like kimi did.  dissipation of energy ftw..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.carmag.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BMW.jpg

"weeeeeeeeeeeee"

Mid-Ohio ......... what a crap track.

I raced there once (motorcycle).  "Hey, let's fix this asphalt track but we'll use concrete instead!"

Stupid bastards.

The only, literally only, saving grace is the track layout.  That was pretty cool.

edit:  looking at satellite shot now.  It appears they've corrected their problem.

edit2:  Just read through the wiki and the concrete patches were intentional, which drops my opinion even further .  (patches since removed)

Not an issue for the cars but it was for the motorcycles.  I was about 5 feet behind one guy, both of us leaned over for the right hander, when we transitioned from asphalt to concrete.  The concrete area was higher and something on Dave's swingarm caught (I want to say the axle nut/head) and nearly launched him into a highside.  I had barely enough time to go upright a bit.
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top