Quoted:
Why are we attacking North Korea again?
View Quote
Because they're pissin' us off.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't need to hit it with a nuke. They could sneek a sub in someplace close enough and pull the cord. Why do you all think a nuke needs to be air born to blow up.
View Quote
You can probably hear the Nork subs from half an ocean away. They'd be playing sneaky sneaky trying to get in position and then they'll eat an ADCAP from a Virginia that's been trailing it since it left port that they never even knew about.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything North Korea is some manner of dong. Even their news services. "Rodong" Rod dong.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote
Yea my Navy son just got out and my Army son gets out next week.

I told them not to get to comfortable they might be going back soon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The biggest gross animal in NK is Kim I'm Fat himself.....

You see it in every picture of him with his military leadership. They're expected to treat his every word as the words of god and jot them down
If they didn't do so, they'd find themselves staked out on the ground with an incoming artillery shell with their name on it
View Quote
Why waste a shell? They're already at a pig farm.

RE: submarines, it seems like I once read a story, Tom Clancey maybe?, where the enemy put a sub in place and then sent two other subs to get our attention.when our ships gave chase the subs led them into shooting range of the waiting sub. Plausible? If they could fit a nuke abord a sub and send it on a suicide mission, use minimum crew so as to maximize oxygen for submerged time.
Hell, I dunno. I'm from Nebraska. I get nervous around bodies of water I can't wade across. Pretty sure about the pig farm thing though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are we attacking North Korea again?
Makes sense.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yet.

Every rocket launch and nuclear test brings them one step closer to being a threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm reading is NK poses no actual threat to america, then?
Yet.

Every rocket launch and nuclear test brings them one step closer to being a threat.
But they're not a threat, yet.

So we should leave them alone.

And we wonder why everyone hates us.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you get bored, read through some of the 2003 posts on the run up to the Iraq War and you can see the same language being used.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They will get their shit pushed in before they come close to the Jan Michael Vincent.
View Quote
I hope they play that cool soundtrack when Jan Michael Vincent flies Airwolf in!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you get bored, read through some of the 2003 posts on the run up to the Iraq War and you can see the same language being used.
View Quote
#WMD
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't want a war.  I really don't.  But a very small part of me wishes this obnoxious little fucker would do something so we could go in there and deal with is ass once and for all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Kim is makin' a move.

We have to get it on.
View Quote
https://youtu.be/n3WXToI4AYE
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're totally right.

A nut job is actively progressing towards building a nuke capable of hitting us all while telling us and the world he plans to use it against us. Acting now before a mushroom cloud goes up on the West Coast would be stupid. Reactionary policies are best for national defense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There cannot be more than 2 Jan Michael Vincents to a quadrant!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will get their shit pushed in before they come close to the Jan Michael Vincent.
There cannot be more than 2 Jan Michael Vincents to a quadrant!
Yeah, yeah, yeah.   Keep squanching about that.   Ball fondlers will be on in like an hour.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
We have always been at war with Eurasia.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I've read about those but have never seen them in action.    I don't know why that is so impressive to me, but it is.

I wonder what the crew would feel should a time ever come when those have to be used in combat knowing that measure will mostly protect the vessel and probably won't do much to save them. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Midget subs can sit/crawl around submerged on battery, being pretty quiet while doing so.  They have limited operational range and endurance, but can be used in littoral environments and choke points to get a few "sneak attack" torpedoes or mines off.  Running their diesels would likely result in detection but that can be complicated by the presence of other fishing vessels etc. in the area, which would intentionally be there just for that reason.  Their small size also makes them harder to detect on active sonar in shallow water.

If you have enough of them out there, it's certainly possible to some damage to a naval force that is technologically and numerically superior.  It's like the guerilla warfare of the sea.

That's not to say that I think they're going to sink 7th Fleet or anything, just that they do pose a threat, in some circumstances, to an extent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they can hit it.
Don't need to hit it with a nuke. They could sneek a sub in someplace close enough and pull the cord. Why do you all think a nuke needs to be air born to blow up.
There's a fundamental flaw in your cleverly crafted plan when it comes to talking about Nork subs.
In 2010 a Nork sub sunk a South Korean warship.

Why didn't the South Korean ship respond before hit?

If their subs are not quiet wouldn't the SK ship respond?

Or do SK ships suck?

Really would like to know.
Midget subs can sit/crawl around submerged on battery, being pretty quiet while doing so.  They have limited operational range and endurance, but can be used in littoral environments and choke points to get a few "sneak attack" torpedoes or mines off.  Running their diesels would likely result in detection but that can be complicated by the presence of other fishing vessels etc. in the area, which would intentionally be there just for that reason.  Their small size also makes them harder to detect on active sonar in shallow water.

If you have enough of them out there, it's certainly possible to some damage to a naval force that is technologically and numerically superior.  It's like the guerilla warfare of the sea.

That's not to say that I think they're going to sink 7th Fleet or anything, just that they do pose a threat, in some circumstances, to an extent.
Only 1 needs to get lucky.

Thanks for the response.

I know we sunk one of our carriers years ago to test how it's vulnerabilities can sink it and of course they'll ever disclose it but what could a modern NK torpedo do to a modern CVN?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You're totally right.

A nut job is actively progressing towards building a nuke capable of hitting us all while telling us and the world he plans to use it against us. Acting now before a mushroom cloud goes up on the West Coast would be stupid. Reactionary policies are best for national defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're totally right.

While you're at it. Lets just kill everyone. Fuck'em. Every single man, woman, and child is capable of being a threat.

Doesn't mean they will be.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

While you're at it. Lets just kill everyone. Fuck'em. Every single man, woman, and child is capable of being a threat.

View Quote

Well if their open ambition is the pursuit or weapons of mass destruction with the intention of using them to hold the world hostage I would agree. Kill them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're totally right.

Agreed. We have to be hit first. We always respond better to being backstabbed and becoming a hero than taking the initiative and becoming the aggressors.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Everyone laughs but they are a threat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought those were in case John McCain decided to come on board.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#24]
the analysis of foreign events and issues from GD never fails to entertain. 

Stick to talking about trannies and AntiFa
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I thought those were in case John McCain decided to come on board.
View Quote
No, we just disconnect the trap lines and turn off the meatball when he comes around. Blighter doesn't know when to go away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Here in the states, if you shoot someone in the face who is doing nothing but talking shit, you get charged with murder.

If the government does it, they're looking out for national interests or whatever the party line is nowadays.

The only ethical use of force is in defense of life.
View Quote
Really?

So if your neighbor builds an illegal firing range in his back yard and uses pictures of your family as targets, then announces to all of your neighbors that you're a bad man and if you look at him funny he'll "defend himself", and then you find him in your front yard with a gun, watchu gun do?  When the cops (aka UN) say "Sorry, nothing we can do, he's a friend of the chief." what's next?

In real life - not the narrow little utopia you think the world should be - when someone makes overt threats of death or injury to another and those threats are credible, then responding with force is both legal and moral.  The same is true between nation states.  We are under no ethical obligation to ignore Best Korea, their threats, nor the threats to our allies and strategic national security interests.

Now crawl back under your isolationist rock with Rand Paul's latest newsletter and let the grown ups handle the real world.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Really?

So if your neighbor builds an illegal firing range in his back yard and uses pictures of your family as targets, then announces to all of your neighbors that you're a bad man and if you look at him funny he'll "defend himself", and then you find him in your front yard with a gun, watchu gun do?  When the cops (aka UN) say "Sorry, nothing we can do, he's a friend of the chief." what's next?

In real life - not the narrow little utopia you think the world should be - when someone makes overt threats of death or injury to another and those threats are credible, then responding with force is both legal and moral.  The same is true between nation states.  We are under no ethical obligation to ignore Best Korea, their threats, nor the threats to our allies and strategic national security interests.

Now crawl back under your isolationist rock with Rand Paul's latest newsletter and let the grown ups handle the real world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Here in the states, if you shoot someone in the face who is doing nothing but talking shit, you get charged with murder.

If the government does it, they're looking out for national interests or whatever the party line is nowadays.

Really?

So much brain washing. Enjoy WW3.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Probably the more likely scenario. However, I don't think he would do that...he'd have to give up his endless free supply of Asian pussy and his status as the only fat North Korean...plus, the US would get a 51st state. Way too much to loose, imo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably the more likely scenario. However, I don't think he would do that...he'd have to give up his endless free supply of Asian pussy and his status as the only fat North Korean...plus, the US would get a 51st state. Way too much to loose, imo
We don't want them as another state, heck, at this point, ROK doesn't REALLY want reunification, they saw how expensive it was for Germany.  Maybe a caretaker government to start introducing reforms and try to bring the country out of the third world over the course of 20-30 years, but even then, you'd still have die hard believers in the Kim regime (just look at Russia, a LOT of the older folks want the Soviet Union back, and some of the younger ones don't remember the bread lines and such and want it too).
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

Constant appeasement led to WWII because so many leaders in Europe didn't want to deal with Hitler, hoping that he'd play nice.  Look where that got us.  

In your opinion, what should the red line be?  Should Best Korea nuke someone first before we determine that they are indeed hostile?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol. What is it with the note pads?  This fat youngster has some valuable input.....or they will be executed if they dont take notes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The commentary was carried on page three of the newspaper, after a two-page feature about leader Kim Jong Un inspecting a pig farm.

Kim is the one in the white shirt.

http://exploredprk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/tae3.png
Lol. What is it with the note pads?  This fat youngster has some valuable input.....or they will be executed if they dont take notes?
Both. He is believed to be the Ultimate Authority on Everything and every single simple suggestion he has must be taken down and put into effect.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep they have already shown they have "intent" to destroy America and its allies. It's only a matter of time before we respond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet.

Yep they have already shown they have "intent" to destroy America and its allies. It's only a matter of time before we respond.
Un is the only living person in modern history who's used chemical weapons outside of his own country.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Constant appeasement led to WWII because so many leaders in Europe didn't want to deal with Hitler, hoping that he'd play nice.  Look where that got us.  

In your opinion, what should the red line be?  Should Best Korea nuke someone first before we determine that they are indeed hostile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

The rest of the world isn't our problem.

You defend your country by knocking ladders off of walls, not by building them.

If I had it my way, I'd close every military base outside CONUS. Everyone gets the same ability to trade with us.

The only time the military would see any use is in defense of our CONUS borders.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

LOL.  Thanks, Mr. Ethics.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

The Pax Americana is ours to maintain. Or lose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the United States isn't impervious to attacks.  The Norks also don't need a ballistic missile to deliver a nuke.  They could just as easily smuggle one in a shipping container and detonate it off the Los Angeles coast.  Should we wait for that to happen?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the United States isn't impervious to attacks.  The Norks also don't need a ballistic missile to deliver a nuke.  They could just as easily smuggle one in a shipping container and detonate it off the Los Angeles coast.  Should we wait for that to happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Really?

We are absolutely responsible for every attack launched against us.

In the words of Lil'John. Don't start no shit, there won't be no shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You're totally right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're totally right.

LMAO.  You're right.  All of those duds that go 50 miles and explode are to throw us off.  They're totally capable of hitting the US.

Do you all seriously believe they're capable of hitting the US, or even close?  What data has been released that has proven this to you?  The media?  A smile and wink from our "intelligence community?"

You people will believe anything...

And why are the Ayatollahs still breathing?

Let's not lie to ourselves and call the Norks a serious threat to the US...  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I recall reading a book about essentially that.
They used an old diesel boat running electric to close in then nuked them.

Fucking Google... Nimitz Class
by Patrick Robinson
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If I had it my way, I'd close every military base outside CONUS. Everyone gets the same ability to trade with us.

The only time the military would see any use is in defense of our CONUS borders.
View Quote
Yeah. Fuck Hawaii and Pearl Harbor, Midway, Guam, Solomon Islands,
We don't need Japan, South Korea, Great Britain, or any of our other allies.

We won't have any trading partners if we don't help defend them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#40]
So, is the Carl Vinson still afloat, or have those bad ass North Korean SEAL Team Delta suicide crews taken care of it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why can't they defend themselves?
Are they too big to fail?

You know what the difference is?

I treat everyone alike. We aren't too good for any assholes money. It all spends.

You want to pick and choose. Its inevitable one asshole we are not trading with points at an asshole we are trading with and gets pissed. We then get dragged into a war not of our choosing.

It almost as if we were warned against that by some very smart gentleman in our history.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://m.popkey.co/3d55bd/DyVy5.gif

LMAO.  You're right.  All of those duds that go 50 miles and explode are to throw us off.  They're totally capable of hitting the US.

Do you all seriously believe they're capable of hitting the US, or even close?  What data has been released that has proven this to you?  The media?  A smile and wink from our "intelligence community?"

View Quote
Before 12/7/1941 Japan was not a serious threat to us.
At the end of WW2 the Soviet union was not a serious threat to us.
Until the late 60s China was not a serious threat to us.

See a pattern here? We did not nip those in the bud and you can see the outcomes. In the case of Japan there was a population that viewed their emperor as a god and it cost us how many lives?

At least Russia and China are rationally led nations.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Kim is the one in the white shirt.

http://exploredprk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/tae3.png
View Quote
LOL he should be in the pen with the pigs, they look slimmer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There's a fundamental flaw in your cleverly crafted plan when it comes to talking about Nork subs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they can hit it.
Yep. A Nork sub is about as quiet as a sodomized cat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's 4600 miles between North Korea and Hawaii.  Can you show me a recent missile test by the Norks that was close?

And why can't Japan and South Korea take care of themselves?  We've only been prepping SK for what, 60 years?  If theyre such a threat to us, then they've been a threat to Japan and SK for a while, right?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

See a pattern here? We did not nip those in the bud and you can see the outcomes. In the case of Japan there was a population that viewed their emperor as a god and it cost us how many lives?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our descent into WW2 is very well documented. We did everything but come out and say, "Attack us, Japan. We have no other plausible reason to get involved in this war."
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's has to be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

So, you think Poland was "startin' shit" with Germany in the 1930's to cause Hitler to steamroll over them?  What about Russia?  Were they all up in Germany's business and they just didn't have a choice to invade them?  What about any other war in history where some prick of a leader decided he was going to roll some neighboring country for the hell of it?

If you think the part in red is the magic key to avoiding conflict, you haven't learned a single thing from history.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please provide any proof of a successful missile test that puts us in range of the Norks or how they plan to project their power.

Your comparison of North Korea to any of those is laughable.  How many carriers does NK have? How big is their blue water navy, again?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why can't they defend themselves?
Are they too big to fail?
View Quote
First bunch are U.S. states or territories which are not CONUS.

Second bunch are allies which with the exception of Great Britain are not nuclear capable. How long do you figure Japan of South Korea would last if China decided that they wanted that territory?
How about Great Britain? They are probably our greatest ally.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So, you think Poland was "startin' shit" with Germany in the 1930's to cause Hitler to steamroll over them?  What about Russia?  Were they all up in Germany's business and they just didn't have a choice to invade them?  What about any other war in history where some prick of a leader decided he was going to roll some neighboring country for the hell of it?

If you think the part in red is the magic key to avoiding conflict, you haven't learned a single thing from history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is evil in this world.

But a threat isn't a threat until they have the equipment and means to make good on that threat.

If you think the Norks are a threat because MSM said so, you haven't learned anything from this last election.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top