Long as it's not double Dutch rudders
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything going on in here anymore?

I feel as if I shouldn't google that from work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you having problems with ADT or are  you looking for a job?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so, wiki has this list of important people in ADT...

I am past the point of stalking so who of them should I find on LinkedIn and InMessage?

Problems.

Massive, unending nightmare problems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll PM pics
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Problems.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am past the point of stalking so who of them should I find on LinkedIn and InMessage?

Problems.

You know what to do.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll PM pics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll PM pics

Sweet!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

FB?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sweet!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll PM pics

Sweet!

I'll need my fleshlight
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll need my fleshlight
View Quote

Sorry , still using it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry , still using it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll need my fleshlight

Sorry , still using it.

Dammit
I'll have to recore it now
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Congrats to your boy. Got anymore after him or do you get  your house back now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just flew in from Tampa, landed around 11

Go in the next 2 days 2-10 then off for three ( I was off my first three bereavement )

My boys graduate HS on the 24th and having a graduation party the next day

Gonna be a crazy summer for me for sure

Congrats to your boy. Got anymore after him or do you get  your house back now?

I got twins, so graduation party and combo birthday party as they both turn 18 on the 1st.

They're both going to the same college and dorming there, got a PITA 22yo stepdaughter who's milking the free living arrangements to the fullest. Don't think I'll ever get rid of her.

Kinda wish my boys would have chosen a Florida college, then I would've retired and left NY.

My wife is gonna be a basket case when they go, I'll worry too but they gotta grow up sometime.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
  I got twins, so graduation party and combo birthday party as they both turn 18 on the 1st.

They're both going to the same college and dorming there, got a PITA 22yo stepdaughter who's milking the free living arrangements to the fullest. Don't think I'll ever get rid of her.

Kinda wish my boys would have chosen a Florida college, then I would've retired and left NY.

My wife is gonna be a basket case when they go, I'll worry too but they gotta grow up sometime.
View Quote

Damn, that sound s like a lot to celebrate all at once.

If you're eligible to retire, why wait?

You could get out, relocate to a lower cost of living state and start a second career. Or maybe go back into corrections at another department. Two checks sounds like a sweet deal to me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Lucky me, I get to go back to night shift for thurs/friday, due to Brexit
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FB?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FB?

Well, heard back from Samuel so I guess I will give him some time to fix this screw up.  
I acknowledge that it is a load of fuck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to see you back in Krewe, even if it is bad news.  Hope you get it straightened out.

I would just like to say how awesome my GF is.  I live in an RV.  Consequently, several of my long guns, for several years, have resided under my folks' bed.  Following the Father's Day where she & the boy gave me a wooden box embossed "#1 Dad", she volunteered the space under her bed for gun storage.  So, I now actually have all of my guns in one spot.  (Well mostly.  Can't find the 500    No idea where that went.)  Went over to the folks tonight, had dinner, gave someone here in the Krewe a 597 for very quiet activities, then loaded up the 96/11, 1897 (made '98, have the letter ), a Finned Mosin sample gave me, a sporterized small ring Mauser, and a Turk bbl & receiver.  Also gave Da a knife sharpening kit for Father's Day, as we were driving back from Gulf Shores on Sunday.

So it's been a very good day, and for a very brief moment, I feel at peace w/ the world.  I know terrible things are happening in the world, and I know I will have to go deal w/ one in the next few years.  But for the moment, I'm part of a happy family, and I'm very grateful.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Good to see you back in Krewe, even if it is bad news.  Hope you get it straightened out.

I would just like to say how awesome my GF is.  I live in an RV.  Consequently, several of my long guns, for several years, have resided under my folks' bed.  Following the Father's Day where she & the boy gave me a wooden box embossed "#1 Dad", she volunteered the space under her bed for gun storage.  So, I now actually have all of my guns in one spot.  (Well mostly.  Can't find the 500    No idea where that went.)  Went over to the folks tonight, had dinner, gave someone here in the Krewe a 597 for very quiet activities, then loaded up the 96/11, 1897 (made '98, have the letter ), a Finned Mosin sample gave me, a sporterized small ring Mauser, and a Turk bbl & receiver.  Also gave Da a knife sharpening kit for Father's Day, as we were driving back from Gulf Shores on Sunday.

So it's been a very good day, and for a very brief moment, I feel at peace w/ the world.  I know terrible things are happening in the world, and I know I will have to go deal w/ one in the next few years.  But for the moment, I'm part of a happy family, and I'm very grateful.
View Quote
damn wandering 500s always going on trips

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  damn wandering 500s always going on trips  
View Quote

I built it out of parts, so maybe it doesn't feel special.  I'm wondering if I gave it to the friend of mine that I'd been intending to give it to, but I don't remember doing that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I built it out of parts, so maybe it doesn't feel special.  I'm wondering if I gave it to the friend of mine that I'd been intending to give it to, but I don't remember doing that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You've given away so many shotguns, I don't know how you would begin to keep up with them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been posting daily updates on Yelp since I went full retard Tuesday...

This morning the Yelp ADT Rep told me to stop posting there.  

I posted an update tonight.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  I've been posting daily updates on Yelp since I went full retard Tuesday...

View Quote

Don't piss off a social media aware customer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I wasted $100 on a service call for the a/c today. The condensation drain was baking up and tripping the float switch. A/c tech blew out the drain with compressed air. My wife asked me what he did  outside to her flower beds. When I looked we had blocked the drain outlet with mulch, since we didn't know it was there.

I guess it's just money .
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You've given away so many shotguns, I don't know how you would begin to keep up with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only 3?  If I did give this one to Pete.  Gave you a 20 ga - did I give you another one - oh, right your 3" single shot.  So maybe 4?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I've been posting daily updates on Yelp since I went full retard Tuesday...

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  I wasted $100 on a service call for the a/c today. The condensation drain was baking up and tripping the float switch. A/c tech blew out the drain with compressed air. My wife asked me what he did  outside to her flower beds. When I looked we had blocked the drain outlet with mulch, since we didn't know it was there.

View Quote

Ha ha!  Keep an eye on your mulch next summer...  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I wasted $100 on a service call for the a/c today. The condensation drain was baking up and tripping the float switch. A/c tech blew out the drain with compressed air. My wife asked me what he did  outside to her flower beds. When I looked we had blocked the drain outlet with mulch, since we didn't know it was there.

Yeah, it's all funny when it's someone else's money.

Damn it, I could have bought my LPK for that $100.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Yeah, it's all funny when it's someone else's money.

View Quote

You didn't find a Mossberg 500 in your flower bed, did you?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Yeah, it's all funny when it's someone else's money.

lol

No. But I do have one in gun cabinet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  lol

View Quote

Does it look like it's got a FCS from a different one?  That's the 500 I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Does it look like it's got a FCS from a different one?  That's the 500 I'm looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  lol

No, it's camo.

I bought this one from the Decatur walmart back around 1997. It was my first gun.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Yawn...tonight's going to be more exciting than I was hoping for Oh well, just like old times...
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yawn...tonight's going to be more exciting than I was hoping for Oh well, just like old times...
View Quote

Whatcha doin'?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Today my account advocate at ADT's Ethics department told me he knows I've been posting about them on Social Media.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  Today my account advocate at ADT's Ethics department told me he knows I've been posting about them on Social Media.
View Quote

Ha ha!  And now that's posted as well, so he can read about his idiotic conversation w/ you in near real time!

In other news, 10 year old got his 1st haircut @ a military barber today, completely unexpected and voluntarily.  He looks cute as a button now.  He also got his new training wheels installed.  Package says max weight 50 lbs - he's very nearly 60.  

July is learn to ride a bike month.  We expect some skinned knees, etc.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]
<sigh>  So, Defenders says we returned 2 X, 1 Y, and 10 Z things when the contract they say was completed and e-signed by my mom on the day of installation says we were given 2 X, 1 Y and 11 Z things.  

I still have in my possestion 2 X, 1 Y and 2 Z things.  

So what we have here is:

Defenders Says installed:......................Defenders Says Returned: .........................................................Should equal:...........................................Still Installed:
2 X  .........................................................................  2 X ..................................................................  0 X  ......................................................  2 X    
1 Y    .........................................................................  1 Y ....................................................................   0 Y  ...................................................... 1 Y  
11 Z    .......................................................................  10 Z   ................................................................... 1 Z  ......................................................  2 Z

Pics taken and sent to ethics department guy.  He seemed to be at a loss for answers on that...  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ha ha!  And now that's posted as well, so he can read about his idiotic conversation w/ you in near real time!

In other news, 10 year old got his 1st haircut @ a military barber today, completely unexpected and voluntarily.  He looks cute as a button now.  He also got his new training wheels installed.  Package says max weight 50 lbs - he's very nearly 60.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Today my account advocate at ADT's Ethics department told me he knows I've been posting about them on Social Media.

Does he not like bikes or something?

As a non-mother 10 sounds maybe a bit old to be using training wheels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fucking head cold kicking my ass.  Gotta get up at 0330 for work.  Bah.

Also, damn this thread is a year old already.  I remember when they were daily threads.
View Quote

I remember those days too.

While most of the Night Shift Threads was started by only a handful of regulars, most everybody that were regulars started it sooner or later.  I forget which was the usual starting time: 11:00 PM or Midnight Eastern.

DrFrige, SgtAr15 and I forget who else.  If things were dull at work I'd chime in and participate.  I usually stopped around 3:00 - 3:30 AM my time.  Around that time I'd be too tired to continue.

Classic nestings over 20 long if we were in the mood.  Talk about hourglasses!

Oh, yeah: The night Fox_ got stupid and got perma-banned. He was a classic Teenaged Jerk.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does he not like bikes or something?

As a non-mother 10 sounds maybe a bit old to be using training wheels.
View Quote

Yep.  He's a bit late.  Trying to catch him up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Hola.  It's hot outside.  Shopping @ WalMart today was a welcome break, followed by lunch @ Sonic.  Sonic's fries have gone downhill.  Now have to go to Whataburger, Braum's, or McDonald's for decent fries.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#39]
*sigh*

Feels like I am trapped in a nightmare.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
*sigh*

View Quote

Another satisfied customer of ADT?

Just got off work.  Long day.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Yay!  It's the 3's turn to work late now!

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yay!  It's the 3's turn to work late now!

View Quote

I don't understand but the wife told me flat out I wasn't going to work overtime today.

We're about to do midnight count.  

Plan is to go to Canton Friday morning with the mandatory stop at the arfcom store.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*sigh*

Fucking A man.

Seriously though  Fucking A...
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Today The manager at whatever department there verbally gave me an itemized list of charges billed to the account.  

The contract they sent to me via ADT ethics says a pre tax total of 1322 with tax and less install equals exactly what was billed to CC

The pretax total of her numbers is 99$ short.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Today The manager at whatever department there verbally gave me an itemized list of charges billed to the account.  

The contract they sent to me via ADT ethics says a pre tax total of 1322 with tax and less install equals exactly what was billed to CC

View Quote

So you're disputing the charges in writing w/ your cc company?

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my CC, my mother's - she is 72 and doesn't want this to become a whole big thing.  The woman offered me a possible deal and I am awaiting my mother's answer as to if she wants to do it or have me find a way to get the whole thing cancelled.

This is not an account held by ADT; but an authorized dealer who sells their products.  My mom was upset when I found this out for the first time last week.  I am trying to get her to go with get the damn thing out, full refund and they can keep their 300$ in visa gift cards.

I find the whole thing exceptionally odd in some way - like I am now pushing on a nerve for them in some way...  Like there is something else going on and by pushing for the itemized list of charges and pushing to speak with Ronald I am opening a can of worms.  Hard to explain - just an uncomfort I can't fully explain, you know?  
Kinda/sorta like when you feel unsettled about that dark corner of the parkinglot even though you see nothing to cause you reason to feel uncomfortable...  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:  Not my CC, my mother's - she is 72 and doesn't want this to become a whole big thing.  The woman offered me a possible deal and I am awaiting my mother's answer as to if she wants to do it or have me find a way to get the whole thing cancelled.

This is not an account held by ADT; but an authorized dealer who sells their products.  My mom was upset when I found this out for the first time last week.  I am trying to get her to go with get the damn thing out, full refund and they can keep their 300$ in visa gift cards.

I find the whole thing exceptionally odd in some way - like I am now pushing on a nerve for them in some way...  Like there is something else going on and by pushing for the itemized list of charges and pushing to speak with Ronald I am opening a can of worms.  Hard to explain - just an uncomfort I can't fully explain, you know?  
Kinda/sorta like when you feel unsettled about that dark corner of the parkinglot even though you see nothing to cause you reason to feel uncomfortable...  
View Quote

What is making them nervous is you're real time blogging about it on public social media.  That they're telling you that they know you're blogging about them is enough to cancel the whole thing - reputable companies don't whine that you're writing about them, and don't even go try to find out in the first place.

You could report to the police that they're cyberstalking you.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What is making them nervous is you're real time blogging about it on public social media.  That they're telling you that they know you're blogging about them is enough to cancel the whole thing - reputable companies don't whine that you're writing about them, and don't even go try to find out in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Not my CC, my mother's - she is 72 and doesn't want this to become a whole big thing.  The woman offered me a possible deal and I am awaiting my mother's answer as to if she wants to do it or have me find a way to get the whole thing cancelled.

To be fair I was tagging ADT in all of them so they could know about it that way and it was getting sent back to Sam as he is in the ethics dept..  

The rest of your thought has some merit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

To be fair I was tagging ADT in all of them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair I was tagging ADT in all of them.  

Tag away!  I had ADT in an apt I had w/ an ex-GF.  We never had a problem - but never had a break-in either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top