BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all the people suggesting having her car towed, the officer that responded the first time told me that wasn't an option. Don't know if that is factual, or just his way of keeping the situation form escalating
In regards to inviting her over for dinner she has in the past been invited over for BBQs. She has always declined the invite.
There wont be any more invites.

As an interesting aside, through some poking around I've been doing on the net this morning, it would appear that she hasn't paid the Property Taxes on her house since she moved in 2 and 1/2 years ago.
The Tax Certificate sale is in Feb (IIRC)

With the current state of the economy, I think buying Tax Certificates would be a great investment.
It definitely bears some further investigation

Buy it and toss her.

Yep.  Nothing like tossing a lying piece of trash out of their home to seal a VICTORY.

This, if it worked, would be THE best option.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
UPDATE
I just saw her in my front yard taking pics of my Jeep ( parked 100% in my yard, current tags, registration, and insurance) I puled my phone out of my pocket and took a pic of her taking a pic of my Jeep. When she saw me she started screaming, (sry for the language, but I'm quoting directly)
"I'm calling fucking code enforcement and your fucking jeep will be gonetomorrow! If you keep fucking with me I'll have your fucking prick ass thrown in jail!"

I've decided I'm not going to say ONE word to her. If I don't say ANYTHING, she doesn't have anything to twist.

It just really boggles my mind that some people will go out of their way to cause discord. If you had the opportunity go get along with your neighbors, why go out of your way to make it otherwise?

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs145.snc1/5374_1181484823990_1434290387_30517838_5016164_n.jpg

Answer: because they are angry at something they can't get at and focus instead on things they can get at.  If it wasn't you, it'd be someone, something else.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IN my yard. In the pic above, My property line starts about 8 inches towards my Jeep from the utility pole. When she had her Mercades parked in the grass, the "B" pillar of her car was even with the pole.

Benz?  Now how does she afford that.  The IRS would like to know
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IN my yard. In the pic above, My property line starts about 8 inches towards my Jeep from the utility pole. When she had her Mercades parked in the grass, the "B" pillar of her car was even with the pole.

The pic helped.

If she was on your property, call the cops and get her trespassed from your property.

Call the PD today and request from their records department copies of how many times she has called the police in reference to you.  They will be able to make copies of the calls for service even if a police report wasn't done, which none should have given the events you've described.

Take those and your cell phone pic and go get an order of protection against her ASAP.

Dont fuck around with this shit.

Great advice
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the tree is overhanging your yard, make her cut it down, and erect an 8 foot privacy fence with video surveillance to keep her from accessing the yard.

+1 and see if you have a buddy with an 18 wheeler that can park in front of her house for a bit. She how the bitch likes it .

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I also suggest that you invest in some planters and line them where she cannot park on your side without directly parking on you property,  Plant some bushes would also work.  

Document and film every interaction you have with her.     If you have witnesses and enough documentation that she is harassing you then file restraining order on her.

Buy her Tax Lien and foreclose on her asap.  

You need to protect your kids from someone who is that unstable.    

Just my opinion.

Fuck the planters - sharpened rebar.  Tax route and let the law toss her.  Stand by and film.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your neighbor lady is obviously bat shit crazy, so use that to your advantage.

Get yourself a cheap WOK or old satellite dish and dress it up so that it looks like a listening device.  Add some sort of "element" to the center (an aquarium heater with the glass removed would work nicely).  Attach some thick cable, or even black garden hose to the back and mount it to your house or tree so that it faces her bedroom.

Make sure she sees you fiddling with it and re-aiming it a few times (wearing stereo headphones while doing this will heighten the effect).

After the initial work of making your "device" all you have to do is sit back and watch her screw herself into the ground.

I like the way you think!

Would add a red blinking LED

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call code enforcement, if you can have enough citations issued an can show where the law enforcement have been called, you could have a restraining order filed against her (from trespassing or preventing access to property).

If that doesn't work, put a benadryl or 2 in a nice cut of sirloin or 2 and toss it over the fence..

If a nuisance neighbor has an animal that needs to be killed, do it like a man, not a pussy skulking in the shadows.

A benadryl or two won't hurt a dog.  We give our dog benadryl for allergies and she doesn't even get drowsy (her allergy symptoms do get better though; and yes, we spoil her, shaddup).
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I am really surprised no one has said this yet.  Maybe I missed it.  But... DIBS ON ALL YOUR STUFF!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you show her your blading stance? That should calm the situation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm currently getting all my ducks in a row before I go in and talk to either the Chief or one of the Asst. Chiefs.

I dont want to drop names without having explicit permission from the persons who's name I'm dropping, but FWIW I'm a Team Leader with the City's C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) program and hang out on a regular basis with the City's Emergency Management Coordinator. I'm very friendly with one of the City PDs senior Detectives (we shoot together on a monthly basis and have taken training classes together) and my Wife's uncle is a Retired Captain from the City's PD. I think all of the above would vouch strongly about the color of my character in a positive way.  

I hate to bring "The Man" into my life, but at this point I feel like it is really the only option available.

Excellent plan and composure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#12]
DROZD Drive By. Works everytime... Good way to ruin a used car parking lot!!!

j0hn
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
cat fight
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#14]
is it legal to have a 30 Ft boat.  Do some research as some towns have limits on the size you can store in a yard.  Not keeping it in their yard would cost big bucks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]

I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
is it legal to have a 30 Ft boat.  Do some research as some towns have limits on the size you can store in a yard.  Not keeping it in their yard would cost big bucks.

The boat is in the water tied up to her dock. The triple axle trailer is what code enforcement got on her about.
Since I live in the "Venice of America" the City is very boater friendly.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, plenty of good advice.. I'd just add that from now on, don't say shit to her.  Don't glare, don't show her the slightest sign that she's pissing you off.  Just grin a big neighborly grin and wave.  If you see her over the fence, just a hearty wave and "Howdy neighbor!", complete with a big shit eating grin.  Be as earnest as you can fake.  If she starts shouting or freaking out, just respond with, "Oh I'm just fine, and I hope you're fantastic too!  Have a great day!" and another big smile.

This is a technique honed on the interstate for dealing with arrogant roadhogs with attitude problems.  It works.  They go fucking insane.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey, plenty of good advice.. I'd just add that from now on, don't say shit to her.  Don't glare, don't show her the slightest sign that she's pissing you off.  Just grin a big neighborly grin and wave.  If you see her over the fence, just a hearty wave and "Howdy neighbor!", complete with a big shit eating grin.  Be as earnest as you can fake.  If she starts shouting or freaking out, just respond with, "Oh I'm just fine, and I hope you're fantastic too!  Have a great day!" and another big smile.

This is a technique honed on the interstate for dealing with arrogant roadhogs with attitude problems.  It works.  They go fucking [/red]insane[/red]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

sounds like she's already there!
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't read anyones post including the OP's.
You want revenge? Buy some locking gas caps that will fit his vehicles, then put them on his vehicles and throw the keys away..

AB

edit: If someone already suggested this, nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Hello...former First Teamer here, lots of good advise here.  Cameras are a good idea, you cannot go wrong inviting the man into your life in this instance.  It sucks living next to physco neighbors.  Just try and be logical about this and try not to get wraped up in this with your emotions.  I am sure everything will turn out ok.

And remember....

It's my team, its your team, Its the FIRST TEAM!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Call code enforcement, if you can have enough citations issued an can show where the law enforcement have been called, you could have a restraining order filed against her (from trespassing or preventing access to property).

If that doesn't work, put a benadryl or 2 in a nice cut of sirloin or 2 and toss it over the fence..

Couple hits of LSD in a meatball.  Good times ensue.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Get yourself a cheap WOK or old satellite dish and dress it up so that it looks like a listening device.  Add some sort of "element" to the center (an aquarium heater with the glass removed would work nicely).  Attach some thick cable, or even black garden hose to the back and mount it to your house or tree so that it faces her bedroom.

Make sure she sees you fiddling with it and re-aiming it a few times (wearing stereo headphones while doing this will heighten the effect).

After the initial work of making your "device" all you have to do is sit back and watch her screw herself into the ground.

THIS.  This will make her completely apeshit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The boat is in the water tied up to her dock. The triple axle trailer is what code enforcement got on her about.

Transom have any tie-down points on it?  Be a real shame if she decided to take the boat out, and found 50 feet of heavy chain connecting her to the dock, especially if it was JUST as she was getting up on plane.  >Whoops<
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OMG! She was just hanging over the fence into my back yard taking pics!
Told me she has video of me walking OUT of her garage!

ARRRGGGHHHHH!

Don't you have a garden hose with a good spray head?
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Transom have any tie-down points on it?  Be a real shame if she decided to take the boat out, and found 50 feet of heavy chain connecting her to the dock, especially if it was JUST as she was getting up on plane.  >Whoops<

You guys have some interesting ideas, but I would never wanna physically injure someone unless physically attacked.  That's a serious thing my friends.  Get caught at that shit and you will be the bad guy whereas, she is the BG presently.

Do NOT let your temper get the best of you, no good can come of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sorry but it is only going to get worse.

This, we have a neighbor dispute going on up the road, a 10 ft high fence was put up, TRO was issued, they went to court, TRO was lifted and the Sheriff is out there 4 times a week because the crazy neighbors keep complaining & calling the Sheriff Dept.
You think the Deputies would get tired of coming out all the time but the crazy neighbors Brother is a Deputy and told the GOOD neighbor it will probably only end if THEY move
Fuck that, seems the crazy neighbors came from the city & don't like Bon Fires, Gun Fire, ATV's or the farmers spreading cow shit so I have to go to court again for the good neighbors.
I wish City people would stay in the city or learn to adapt, I told the Lawyer something Subnet said and got the TRO lifted for the good guys.
So yeh, it will NEVER end until a Judge gets involved so you may as well get the ball rolling now
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
UPDATE
I just saw her in my front yard taking pics of my Jeep ( parked 100% in my yard, current tags, registration, and insurance) I puled my phone out of my pocket and took a pic of her taking a pic of my Jeep. When she saw me she started screaming, (sry for the language, but I'm quoting directly)
"I'm calling fucking code enforcement and your fucking jeep will be gonetomorrow! If you keep fucking with me I'll have your fucking prick ass thrown in jail!"

I've decided I'm not going to say ONE word to her. If I don't say ANYTHING, she doesn't have anything to twist.

It just really boggles my mind that some people will go out of their way to cause discord. If you had the opportunity go get along with your neighbors, why go out of your way to make it otherwise?

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs145.snc1/5374_1181484823990_1434290387_30517838_5016164_n.jpg

I don't know if it has been answered yet but who is the person standing next to the crazy neighbor in this Pic?
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A swivel and motor so it constantly scans about a 60 degree arc covering her home and yard could really add to the effect along with the previously mentioned red led...

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't know if it has been answered yet but who is the person standing next to the crazy neighbor in this Pic?

It's her yard guy.

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's her yard guy.

Find him alone. Learn all you can about her as seen through his eyes.

Maybe he thinks she's insane, too?
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A swivel and motor so it constantly scans about a 60 degree arc covering her home and yard could really add to the effect along with the previously mentioned red led...

I just wanted to mess with her head, you guys are trying to kill her.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, just buy an oscillating fan, remove the fan and front cover.  Glue in some sort of plastic "radar dish" looking thing, paint it OD and enjoy the show
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Buy a civil war era cannon, point it directly at her house, walk around holding a cannonball and laughing like a mad man.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Buy a civil war era cannon, point it directly at her house, walk around holding a cannonball and laughing like a mad man.

this would look great on her "video"...
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some great advice here on cameras and documentation.

I will add another one. Buy a decent digital recorder. Carry it everywhere, they are cell phone size or smaller. Anytime you see her, before you interact, start recording.

Having recordings of all interactions protects you. Should she call the cops and claim you made threats, it is no longer a he said/she said. You now have proof of what happened, and you have proof that she is telling lies. The police now have grounds to go after her for filing a false report, or at least you can show them without question she is crazy.

A small digital recorder has gotten me out of many such he said/she said disputes. The look on someones face when you produce a recording of what they said, after they just lied about it, is priceless.

RCA make a recorder that is really small & voice activated, I use to carry mine everytime I CCW'd, which is 24/7 but I don't carry the recorder anymore

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Ahhh I see you too have the one required asshole neighbor.

I don't envy you, It usally ends with you or them moving.

Honest advice.... Pray Them Away....

Pray they find a new home somewhere they just love and can't wait to move away.

Don't laugh it works
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry but it is only going to get worse.

This

Quoted:
I can see a restraining order in your future, and you will be better off if you file for it first.

And This
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#39]
anything happen today?

watching this thread like a hawk.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will add another one. Buy a decent digital recorder. Carry it everywhere, they are cell phone size or smaller. Anytime you see her, before you interact, start recording.

Having recordings of all interactions protects you. Should she call the cops and claim you made threats, it is no longer a he said/she said. You now have proof of what happened, and you have proof that she is telling lies. The police now have grounds to go after her for filing a false report, or at least you can show them without question she is crazy.

A small digital recorder has gotten me out of many such he said/she said disputes. The look on someones face when you produce a recording of what they said, after they just lied about it, is priceless.

RCA make a recorder that is really small & voice activated, I use to carry mine everytime I CCW'd, which is 24/7 but I don't carry the recorder anymore

This has been covered over and over.  It depends on the state sometimes, but generally runs afoul of federal wire tap laws, et al.

Bottom line - ya really have to know exactly what's what so you don't end up on the wrong end of a felony with this approach.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank God, nothing new today. She claimed that she called code on me yesterday but nobody came that i am aware of ....yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been covered over and over.  It depends on the state sometimes, but generally runs afoul of federal wire tap laws, et al.

Bottom line - ya really have to know exactly what's what so you don't end up on the wrong end of a felony with this approach.

In most states as long as one party is aware of the recording- and it will be in this case, it is perfectly legal.

That is dead wrong; please cite what states allow this.  I know some do (Minn, I think) but the overwhelming majority do not and then there are also Federal laws to be aware of as well.

ETA: Random Law article
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow!  I thought I had a neighbor problem with their dog crapping my yard...........you win by a landslide!

All the advice you need has already been posted.  good luck.

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#46]

That's a good dog keeping a lookout like that
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's a good dog keeping a lookout like that

Well hell - I mean the guy is looking for his bone; it's the least he can do
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In most states as long as one party is aware of the recording- and it will be in this case, it is perfectly legal.

That is dead wrong; please cite what states allow this.  I know some do (Minn, I think) but the overwhelming majority do not and then there are also Federal laws to be aware of as well.

ETA: Random Law article

Umm, did you even read the article you linked to? It backs up exactly what I said, most states and Federal law are "one party consent".

Um - yes I did - few states were listed and they ran about half and half - or less.  They also mentioned the Federal Law as well.

Looks like it MAY be OK for the OP but again - MOST states - it is a huge no-no.

ETA:

They list only 16 states, some OK, some not - so right away 34 are in question.  I'm stating my opinion: you have to know the law and be damned sure before you start recording people.  Not only is it not admitted as evidence, but can result in both Civil and Criminal charges.

California Recording Law
District of Columbia Recording Law
Florida Recording Law
Georgia Recording Law
Illinois Recording Law
Indiana Recording Law
Massachusetts Recording Law
Michigan Recording Law
New Jersey Recording Law
New York Recording Law
North Carolina Recording Law
Ohio Recording Law
Pennsylvania Recording Law
Texas Recording Law
Virginia Recording Law
Washington Recording Law

Of the 16 listed above, you MAY be OK in 10 and not in the other 6 - I didn't pay strict attention, just tabulated in my head as I read.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Um - yes I did - few states were listed and they ran about half and half - or less.
I didn't pay strict attention, just tabulated in my head as I read.

Obviously, because you aren't even close.

States Requiring One Party Notification  (40)
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

States Requiring Two Party Notification (11)
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Massachusetts
Maryland
Michigan
Montana
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

Nevada has a one party consent statute but there is some question as to how the law should be interpreted by the courts. It could be considered an all party consent state.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/quick.html
http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law-america.htm#State%20Laws%20(Table)
http://www.articlesbase.com/national,-state,-local-articles/audio-recording-laws-in-the-us-431017.html
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top