Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No thank you. I do not see how that would prove anyone's nationality. Actually, none of your requests would.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I were Russian would I be rooting for my baseball team to win the World Series this October? If I were Russian, I would be a fan of hockey. I cannot stand hockey.

Post a pic of a sign with your favorite team and least favorite team with your username on it and FUAROCK or BS.

If I said my favorite team, it would betray my anonymous location. I value the anonymity this site grants.

Post a pic of ANY team's name, your username, and FUAROCK on the same piece of paper or BS.

No thank you. I do not see how that would prove anyone's nationality. Actually, none of your requests would.

So post something that would prove your presence in Amerika.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Mr.(?) louisianarebel, the link you provided labled "Fucking Magic" was a link to this story:
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=19919

The story has this to say:
"Since Sept. 4, the amphibious dock landing ship USS Tortuga (LSD 46), based out of Little Creek, Va., has been conducting search and rescue (SAR) operations in support of Hurricane Katrina disaster relief efforts.

The ship is moored at Naval Support Activity (NSA) New Orleans, where operations are being coordinated with the U.S. Coast Guard to aid, evacuate and relocate disaster victims. "

I have no doubt there was provisions made for sewage, water, and I am sure someone cleared the channel or made sure the channel was clear. I am also sure the last thing the U.S. Navy wanted to do was put a ship on the ground in the Mississippi River during disaster relief efforts. That means someone would have to go and check navigational markers to make sure they were in the right place and/or chart any discrepancies.

Of course, this is still inside a major city in the United States with access to the full resources of the United States. And even in this instance, they did not provide power to the city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know its not the tortuga. It says it on the page. Im sorry i didn't name the ship for you. I never said it provided power either.
Is it docked in new orleans? Yes.
Is it providing relief? Yes

But mah god what about the water, sewer, and debris?

Mr.(?) louisianarebel, the link you provided labled "Fucking Magic" was a link to this story:

"Since Sept. 4, the amphibious dock landing ship USS Tortuga (LSD 46), based out of Little Creek, Va., has been conducting search and rescue (SAR) operations in support of Hurricane Katrina disaster relief efforts.

The ship is moored at Naval Support Activity (NSA) New Orleans, where operations are being coordinated with the U.S. Coast Guard to aid, evacuate and relocate disaster victims. "

I have no doubt there was provisions made for sewage, water, and I am sure someone cleared the channel or made sure the channel was clear. I am also sure the last thing the U.S. Navy wanted to do was put a ship on the ground in the Mississippi River during disaster relief efforts. That means someone would have to go and check navigational markers to make sure they were in the right place and/or chart any discrepancies.

Of course, this is still inside a major city in the United States with access to the full resources of the United States. And even in this instance, they did not provide power to the city.

The ship in the pic (not the tortuga) is at the cruise ship terminal assisting operations.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hmmm...you guys ever had an MG or a Triumph?

Rolls Royce is a British concern, oui?

Do the words "Magic Smoke" mean nothing to you?
View Quote

Ah, another reference to Joseph Lucas, The Prince of Darkness.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish everyone would just let it go.  This was an interesting thread before folks got up in arms about other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:Don't know, but this guy reeks of troll and sets off my spicy senses.  
View Quote

Middle eastern spices or far eastern spices?  Russians don't use spice, only vodka and beets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know its not the tortuga. It says it on the page. Im sorry i didn't name the ship for you. I never said it provided power either.

The ship in the pic (not the tortuga) is at the cruise ship terminal assisting operations.
But earlier it was
Quoted:
[
The possibilities are endless, if you are ignorant of ship operations. Where does the ship discharge sewage? It is illegal to discharge in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide sewage services? What about clean water for the ship? It is inadvisable to for the ship's water generation systems to make water in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide clean water for the ship's crew? How about security requirements as the ship is close to many desperate people? How many lights for tent cities run on Zumwalt's 4,160 volt power? If there was a disaster is there even a clear channel for the ship to navigate in?

Lack of criticial thinking ability is an epidemic on this site.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Middle eastern spices or far eastern spices?  Russians don't use spice, only vodka and beets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IPad autocorrect flavor.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IPad autocorrect flavor.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IPad autocorrect flavor.    

Is the IPad autocorrect flavor juicy, Mr(?) packinheavy?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
They powered the city of Tacoma while tied up to the pier in 1929. If they could do it then I'd imagine they could do it today.
http://aircraftcarriers.tumblr.com/post/40678910468/uss-lexington-cv-2-comes-to-the-rescue
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPad autocorrect flavor.    

Juicy Fruit, I swear this place lacks critical thinking skills.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Ah, yes, the upside down ship! Flip it over so we can see the sail plan already!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would like you to show us all here for what reason we should take your word versus people that do these things for a living, and have had success at it (not getting killed is one measure of success, dead bad guys is another).
You argue tactics with door kickers,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would like you to show us all here for what reason we should take your word versus people that do these things for a living, and have had success at it (not getting killed is one measure of success, dead bad guys is another).
You argue tactics with door kickers,

I have not argued tactics with door kickers. I do not possess such expertise and have not offered any tactical advice.

strategy with officers,

Yes. It is well-warranted. The U.S.'s so-called strategy has kept us in a state of perpetual war since August 2nd, 1990. It is time for a rethink. If the professionals have gotten it so badly wrong, perhaps it is time for amatuers to opine.

and procurment with economists.

Economists have lilttle to do with procurement. Given the state of the United States Defense Department's procurement, I think it is time for someone to say the procurement system is broken.

You have no leg to stand on,

I have two perfectly functioning legs.

your conclusions are mostly wrong,

Which one and why?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]

and your "innovations" have already mostly been researched and either been implemented or discarded.
In short, we do things the way we do because THEY FUCKING WORK.
View Quote

Because they have worked in the past does not mean they will work in the future. The United States has fought "colonial wars" for the past seventy years. What works there will not work against a better equipped, prepared, and trained adversary. The job of the U.S. military is to be ready, not for the last war, but for the next one.

They have been demonstrated to work in the best, most adventageous way for us.
View Quote

Again, in wars against ill-equipped, ill-trained forces, and still the U.S. military left South Vietnam and South Vietnam felll. The U.S. military is still in South Korea. Half of that penninsula is under totalitarian rule and is starving. The U.S. military is still in Iraq fighting a war that began twenty-four years ago. In Afghanistan, the U.S. military has learned there is no winning there, as the United Kingdom and Soviet Union learned in the past.

On second thought, I wonder then, in what way have these things been demonstrated to work?

You are not going to influence US government policy, military policy, or economic policy.
View Quote

Not with a defeatist attitude such as yours.

Sorry that Russia sucks so bad and we out lasted you (them), but Communism just doesn't work.
View Quote

I am happy my country won the Cold War, releasing millions from the bonds of tyranny. However, just as in wars such as Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, my country did not win the peace that followed. Now Russia has a strong man in power. A strong man who has taken territory from Georgia and Ukraine. That makes me sad.

Come back when you guys want to work with us and act like a 21st century country, instead of a bunch of thugs.
Until then, go away.

Nick
View Quote

Unfortunately, Mr.(?) Nick, wishing a problem to go away will not make it disappear. Wishing problems to go away is why Ukraine no longer controls Crimea.

One must confront problems head on. That is why I am confronting the incompetence of the U.S. military here, head on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

First, it is "America."
Second, have the site staff trace my IP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But earlier it was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But earlier it was
Quoted:
[
The possibilities are endless, if you are ignorant of ship operations. Where does the ship discharge sewage? It is illegal to discharge in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide sewage services? What about clean water for the ship? It is inadvisable to for the ship's water generation systems to make water in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide clean water for the ship's crew? How about security requirements as the ship is close to many desperate people? How many lights for tent cities run on Zumwalt's 4,160 volt power? If there was a disaster is there even a clear channel for the ship to navigate in?

It appears you do not even read what you link to in your post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am as American as baseball and pumpkin pie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which government or group do you work for?  You aren't American, your writing style makes that highly unlikely unless you are just trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because they have worked in the past does not mean they will work in the future. The United States has fought "colonial wars" for the past seventy years. What works there will not work against a better equipped, prepared, and trained adversary. The job of the U.S. military is to be ready, not for the last war, but for the next one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

and your "innovations" have already mostly been researched and either been implemented or discarded.
In short, we do things the way we do because THEY FUCKING WORK.

That doesn't exist, no matter how much better you'd like to imagine Russians to be.  Russia and China simply cannot compete with the USA on any level based off nothing more than simple geography. I'm sorry Russia is mostly landlocked, too far north and doesn't get the rain it wants. Your nation's culture is very fitting considering your country's lack of resources.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

First, it is "America."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, it is "America."

That would ruin your anonymity and would prove nothing, because proxies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which government or group do you work for?  You aren't American, your writing style makes that highly unlikely unless you are just trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

Its beautiful, isn't it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is a baited trap since pumpkins are indigenous to North America. if someone calls him on it he would point it out and get the chance to feel superior again. Or he is simply putting minor misteps to feed into an alter ego he has built here.

His postings are definitely a fabricated "persona" similar to what EXPcustom used to do. EXP would slip every now and then and actually came across as pretty normal.

He amuses me though. I get my $24 worth partly due to folks like him.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think that is a baited trap since pumpkins are indigenous to North America. if someone calls him on it he would point it out and get the chance to feel superior again. Or he is simply putting minor misteps to feed into an alter ego he has built here.    

His postings are definitely a fabricated "persona" similar to what EXPcustom used to do. EXP would slip every now and then and actually came across as pretty normal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that.......

excite you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, I forgot about that crap he always did.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But earlier it was
Quoted:
[

What are you talking about? I posted the iwo jima in the port of new orleans during katrina recovery did i not?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah...I lol'ed on that one too..
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, so anyway, the Zumwalt is an awesome ship. How about that crazy tumblehome hull, Captain Kirk.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do not like pumpkin pie?
I think pumpkin pie is more American than apple pie. In my mind's eye, I can envision the Pilgrims eating pumpkin pie with the Native Americans on the first Thanksgiving Day celebration, before they slaughtered the Native Americans and took their land.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What are you talking about? I posted the iwo jima in the port of new orleans during katrina recovery did i not?
View Quote

You also posted a story about the USS Tortuga at the U.S. Navy facility in New Orleans, Louisianna during Katrina.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think pumpkin pie is more American than apple pie. In my mind's eye, I can envision the Pilgrims eating pumpkin pie with the Native Americans on the first Thanksgiving Day celebration, before they slaughtered the Native Americans and took their land.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how'd they bake them - they had no way to make a pie crust

personally I love some pumpkin pie... that's not what I think of when I think "American as baseball and some sort of pie"
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, it is "America."

Then there can be no proof. You will just say I have stolen a picture of fabricated one. You will have to take me at my word, or not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you are just trying too hard.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I do not know the various cooking methods used during the 17th century.

personally I love some pumpkin pie... that's not what I think of when I think "American as baseball and some sort of pie"

I love pumpkin pie too. I do not like pumpkin spice lattes.

I think of baseball and pumpkin pie because of the month of October. The World Series is played in October and pumpkins and other gords are ready for harvest in/around October.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#33]
What's sad is that Shoe sidetracked the entire thread in a debate over some bullshit pseudo capability that was almost definitely not part of the design criteria nor a likely employment for the platform and many folks followed him down the rabbit hole about something that doesn't matter a lick because they want to "best" him on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if I am not to be an American, according to you and your friends here, I might as well play the part, no? It gives you your twenty-four dollars worth.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You also posted a story about the USS Tortuga at the U.S. Navy facility in New Orleans, Louisianna during Katrina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?
http://media4.giphy.com/media/AIu96N68WdxGo/giphy.gif

That is what I was talking about.

I see why Louisianna is ranked #49 in the nation for education.
http://www.alec.org/publications/report-card-on-american-education/
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well, if I am not to be an American, according to you and your friends here, I might as well play the part, no? It gives you your twenty-four dollars worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I need you to dance too.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Then there can be no proof. You will just say I have stolen a picture of fabricated one. You will have to take me at my word, or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, it is "America."

I won't say you stole a pic or fabricated one if you don't do that. What are your thoughts on people who buy 22LR for resale?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do many HA/DR planning events?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What's sad is that Shoe sidetracked the entire thread in a debate over some bullshit pseudo capability that was almost definitely not part of the design criteria nor a likely employment for the platform and many folks followed him down the rabbit hole about something that doesn't matter a lick because they want to "best" him on the internet.
View Quote
Sorry, I guess his crap came to a head in this thread. He shits in every military thread.

We owe you a thread since we broke yours.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they will be able to provide shore power in an emergency? That would come in handy for natural disasters.

Just what one wants to do in a natural disaster, put power into the grid. Your lack of critical thinking ability makes me sad.
And your posting makes the rest if us laugh. Who said anything about a grid? You could power a tent city refugee center/command post/staging area.  

THe possibilities are endless.

One problem with your line of "logic",  reality.   When I was on the Iwo Jima in New Orleans for the relief efforts, we were moored downtown.   Place was a mess.  We did everything you say should not or cannot be done.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think of baseball and pumpkin pie because of the month of October. The World Series is played in October and pumpkins and other gords are ready for harvest in/around October.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I won't say you stole a pic or fabricated one if you don't do that. What are your thoughts on people who buy 22LR for resale?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, it is "America."

I have not shot .22lr in almost three years due to the high cost. However, people are free to make money as long as it is within the law. I sincerely hope they declare the income for tax purposes and are not free-loaders.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your understanding and diction of American English is......off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Do you know the difference between Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief and Defense Support of Civil Authorities?

It is wonderful the information one can find on the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?
http://media4.giphy.com/media/AIu96N68WdxGo/giphy.gif

Maybe if you could use your reasoning skills to assume I would have posted the picture with the article if it was the same ship.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One problem with your line of "logic",  reality.   When I was on the Iwo Jima in New Orleans for the relief efforts, we were moored downtown.   Place was a mess.  We did everything you say should not or cannot be done.
View Quote

Are you saying USS Iwo Jima broke federal laws by dumping sewage in the water?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should sue them and all the people who had shit in the water when it flooded..
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have not shot .22lr in almost three years due to the high cost. However, people are free to make money as long as it is within the law. I sincerely hope they declare the income for tax purposes and are not free-loaders.
View Quote

So you're saying the 22 panic in the US is affecting prices in Russia? What are the laws concerning firearm ownership in Russia, anyhow? Any memories of you best hunting trip? Please be of posting, Mr (?) shoeh8ter.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You do not. The U.S. Navy does not enter their ships into port when conducting disaster relief missions. I have monitored their operations closely. They have yet to do it for the reasons I have already outlined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a result, early this week the Vinson will receive up to 100,000 special 2- and 5-gallon water "bladders," collapsible containers that will make the transportation of such enormous volumes of liquid more efficient. If the Vinson could actually move all of its 200,000 excess gallons to Haitian distribution points each day, it could as much as double the present amount of water aid, which relief agencies and military helicopter pilots alike say is being used up faster than they can deliver it. That in turn would allow donor governments and organizations to turn more of their efforts toward augmenting other critical necessities like food, medical supplies and, later on, long-term help like building materials.

Jesus, do i have to draw a picture?

You do not. The U.S. Navy does not enter their ships into port when conducting disaster relief missions. I have monitored their operations closely. They have yet to do it for the reasons I have already outlined.

See my previous response.  Your monitoring needs some work.
Page / 9
Top Top