BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you start out with nothing it takes a LOT to get your life on track. I am not making excuses about them not working there are none for that but starting from a negative is expensive.

I was born pretty poor.

I'm 47 and none of the homes I lived in until I bought my first home are still standing. All of them have been demolished and are either a vacant lot or a trailer house is there now.

Sorry, I'm not buying that bullshit.

Anyone who works hard in this society can be successful. It is not that hard.

All I am saying is if you are dirt poor and on welfare and get what some have speculated is $250k it is not hard to blpw right through that.  Buy a house, a car, and pay off a few bills and bam no more money.  I am not trying to justify it or say it is right I am just stating my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you start out with nothing it takes a LOT to get your life on track. I am not making excuses about them not working there are none for that but starting from a negative is expensive.

I was born pretty poor.

I'm 47 and none of the homes I lived in until I bought my first home are still standing. All of them have been demolished and are either a vacant lot or a trailer house is there now.

Sorry, I'm not buying that bullshit.

Anyone who works hard in this society can be successful. It is not that hard.

All I am saying is if you are dirt poor and on welfare and get what some have speculated is $250k it is not hard to blpw right through that.  Buy a house, a car, and pay off a few bills and bam no more money.  I am not trying to justify it or say it is right I am just stating my opinion.

But you'd have a paid off house, car, and no bills. If a person can't make it work when their shit is automatically squared away, they deserve to fail.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the news story:

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here is the news story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjEwuuBRBE

Classic social engineering.Absolutely disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
She is much more attractive than i anticipated!
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Here is the news story:

And how much money is it going to cost the state to pass this stupid law to stop lottery winners from collecting? a law that will probably never have to be applied again.  I would like to see how many times this has happened and how much has actually been collected by all the lottery winners that decided to keep accepting food aide I have a feeling that it is less than what it cost the state for these politicians to pass this law.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is the news story:

I am rather shocked that she seems to have bought a fairly modest house and car....
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You've gotta understand the welfare mentality.

She earned the lottery money.

She's entitled to the welfare.

Brought to you by the people that made the Chevy Volt.

Ahhhh, yup.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
"I feel..." says it all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the news story:

And how much money is it going to cost the state to pass this stupid law to stop lottery winners from collecting? a law that will probably never have to be applied again.  I would like to see how many times this has happened and how much has actually been collected by all the lottery winners that decided to keep accepting food aide I have a feeling that it is less than what it cost the state for these politicians to pass this law.

Stupid law? You are really being ridiculous.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is the news story:

The politicians are already being paid, isn't going to cost much.

Of course if some ARFcommer would man up and offer to give her $200 from his pocket every month, she might take them up on it and let the taxpayers off the hook...............................any takers???????????????
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]
She's a bad BAD girl, send her to me for proper discipline...
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People like that dumb bitch are making it harder and harder for me to get up and give a fuck any more.

Tht said it all
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$500k in the bank and she is struggling...

She spent it all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You know, I curse these fucking dumbasses that win the fucking lottery.

I bust my hump and never get anything for my trouble.  This cunt walks into a million bucks, and can't keep it?  Fuck that noise.  

I win that kind of cash, I'm gunna stash that in a good paying investment scheme and never ever ever touch the principal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd hit it
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#19]
well you know a million dollars don't go as far as it used to
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Shocked face. The system works!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I have said it before as have others being poor is a state of mind, consisting of  am intentional set of actions they keep themselves there.  I lived in my car for almost a year so I could afford to start my first business so I know what it's like to have almost nothing.  You would think she would open up a hair salon or something, in Detroit it might be a gold mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The dude who made himself famous a by winning $2M in 2010 caused the legislature to FINALLY step forward and do something about it 5 days ago.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/7e8e90501a314efb9360f93087e49741/MI––Lottery-Welfare-Eligibility/

As a follow up on the 2010 $2M/foodstamp guy. He's already broke and still on welfare and been convicted of several crimes. How the fuck do you BLOW through $2M in two years and have nothing to show for it?

If you start out with nothing it takes a LOT to get your life on track.  I am not making excuses about them not working there are none for that but starting from a negative is expensive.
HORSE SHIT!

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had that million dollars I'd do two chicks at the same time.  

That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Yeah man, I think if I had a million dollars I could set that up man.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the news story:

And how much money is it going to cost the state to pass this stupid law to stop lottery winners from collecting? a law that will probably never have to be applied again. I would like to see how many times this has happened and how much has actually been collected by all the lottery winners that decided to keep accepting food aide I have a feeling that it is less than what it cost the state for these politicians to pass this law.

Really?? how many people on welfare wherever this is win the lottery every year, then in that number if it is more than just this woman how many actually do what she did.  I would say yes you are right saving the state or feds what 6 months wother of her food stamp money that comes to what $1200 is an excellent use of government resources and taxpayer dollars.  I ask again how much is it actually going to cost to propose and pass this law I have a feeling it is probably a bit over $1200.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Mother fucker...
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The way most lotto's work, That million is the total of monthly payments for 20-30 years.  If it is 30 - then her monthly check (before income tax withholding) is less than $3k.  Not a stick in the eye, but $36k a year (before taxes) is not filthy rich either.

Likewise the lump sum payoff of a 1m lotto would be around $400k before tax, and probably closer to $250k after tax.

I believe in the story she says she received $500K.

Just looking at her, and the house she bought for cash, she has made a lifetime of bad decisions. She will be broke by the end of the year. At least the money went back into the local economy
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dude who made himself famous a by winning $2M in 2010 caused the legislature to FINALLY step forward and do something about it 5 days ago.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/7e8e90501a314efb9360f93087e49741/MI––Lottery-Welfare-Eligibility/

As a follow up on the 2010 $2M/foodstamp guy. He's already broke and still on welfare and been convicted of several crimes. How the fuck do you BLOW through $2M in two years and have nothing to show for it?

If you start out with nothing it takes a LOT to get your life on track.  I am not making excuses about them not working there are none for that but starting from a negative is expensive.
HORSE SHIT!

Yeah, if you start out with nothing, it does take a LOT to your life on track. Especially if one of the things you are lacking is a brain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, with $500,000 I could open a couple businesses here and buy up some rental properties too...I wouldn't have to worry about cash for the rest of my life and I could sell off my assets and retire whenever I like (as long as health care doesn't go up any higher).

Speed
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#29]

State cuts lottery winner's benefits

Lincoln Park woman who won $1M continued to collect $200 a month in food stamps

• By Chad Livengood

• Detroit News Lansing Bureau

Late Wednesday, the state Department of Human Services said Clayton is now no longer getting food stamps after department officials took her off the program. "The person in question hasn't been eligible for a long time," said DHS spokesman Dave Akerly. A statement issued Wednesday evening from department Director Maura Corrigan said Clayton is "now no longer receiving benefits," but it was unclear when the action was taken.

"I'm not saying it's the right thing to do," Euline Clayton said of her daughter's use of food stamps. "But it's nobody's business if she's not breaking the law."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120308/METRO/203080386/State-cuts-lottery-winner-s-benefits?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know why everyone is giving her so much crap. Obviously she is a productive member of society. You all must be hatin because she's black'ish...

(Obviously I'm being sarcastic )
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Seriously though, give a choice of the Three R's...  The Roof, The River or The Revolver...
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#32]
What a piece of useless, libtard trash.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The way most lotto's work, That million is the total of monthly payments for 20-30 years.  If it is 30 - then her monthly check (before income tax withholding) is less than $3k.  Not a stick in the eye, but $36k a year (before taxes) is not filthy rich either.

Likewise the lump sum payoff of a 1m lotto would be around $400k before tax, and probably closer to $250k after tax.

Good post.  

It's borderline fraud in my opinion to advertise a jackpot of $1,000,000 but the fine print is that the actual payout is over 20 years.  The Net Present Value of $50k per year over 20 years is no where close to $1,000,000.  

What they are doing in reality is to deliberately misrepresent the actual value of the jackpot in order to give it the appearance of being worth more than it is on the presumption that the inflated perceived value will generate more action.  It may be legal, but it's fraud by any reasonable definition nonetheless.  The fact that our government is involved in it is abhorrent.  

A truthful advertisement would be to advertise the jackpot as either the NPV (lump sum) or the annual amount of the annuity and the term.  To advertise a jackpot of $1,000,000 with zero chance that anyone is actually getting a check for $1,000,000 (less taxes) is crooked as hell.

Not that this is high on my give a fuck meter but even the habitual idiot tax crowd should get an honest representation of what they are buying...especially from their government.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You know, I curse these fucking dumbasses that win the fucking lottery.

I bust my hump and never get anything for my trouble.  This cunt walks into a million bucks, and can't keep it?  Fuck that noise.  

I win that kind of cash, I'm gunna stash that in a good paying investment scheme and never ever ever touch the principal.

you really need to read and watch
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shocked face. The system works!!!

More like working the system.

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I have mixed feelings about  lotteries. On one hand, they are a tax on stupidity and that is something America has a bountiful supply of. On the ther hand, a great deal of tickets are purchased with welfare my tax dollars, I want <<COC Violation>> things to happen to those that purchase these things with my tax dollars.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good post.  

It's borderline fraud in my opinion to advertise a jackpot of $1,000,000 but the fine print is that the actual payout is over 20 years.  The Net Present Value of $50k per year over 20 years is no where close to $1,000,000.  

What they are doing in reality is to deliberately misrepresent the actual value of the jackpot in order to give it the appearance of being worth more than it is on the presumption that the inflated perceived value will generate more action.  It may be legal, but it's fraud by any reasonable definition nonetheless.  The fact that our government is involved in it is abhorrent.  

A truthful advertisement would be to advertise the jackpot as either the NPV (lump sum) or the annual amount of the annuity and the term.  To advertise a jackpot of $1,000,000 with zero chance that anyone is actually getting a check for $1,000,000 (less taxes) is crooked as hell.

Not that this is high on my give a fuck meter but even the habitual idiot tax crowd should get an honest representation of what they are buying...especially from their government.

No way... let them suffer the tax bite (probably the first time many of these folks have paid a dime of Federal Income Tax in their ENTIRE LIVES).  It might give them a fleeting moment of understanding.

It's a real shame you didn't actually read my post before replying to it.  What a waste of previous bits on a server somewhere.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"I'm still struggling"....

She's one brass pole away from a decent income.

Considering she's in the Detroit area (only worse) she's easily qualified for the work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What a piece of useless, libtard trash.

I don't see her as being smart or worldly enough to have a liberal or conservative ideology.

She's just a dumbass leech.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the news story:

And how much money is it going to cost the state to pass this stupid law to stop lottery winners from collecting? a law that will probably never have to be applied again. I would like to see how many times this has happened and how much has actually been collected by all the lottery winners that decided to keep accepting food aide I have a feeling that it is less than what it cost the state for these politicians to pass this law.

Really?? how many people on welfare wherever this is win the lottery every year, then in that number if it is more than just this woman how many actually do what she did.  I would say yes you are right saving the state or feds what 6 months wother of her food stamp money that comes to what $1200 is an excellent use of government resources and taxpayer dollars.  I ask again how much is it actually going to cost to propose and pass this law I have a feeling it is probably a bit over $1200.

Your comments are so ridiculous you must live in a very sheltered world. The stupidity

is that they did not have safeguards against this type of abuse to begin with. Do you

think lotteries are the only form of a financial windfalls out there? There are many

ways a person could come into money. When you see something like her example you

can bet your behind that it is going on all over in one form or another.
The cost of the legislation is minuscule. It was already pointed out to you

that the law makers will be paid the same whether they pass this law or not.
The problem with our systems is that people like you think that a little

bit of spending won't hurt. But over the years all those little bits

of spending have gotten us into a huge financial predicament.

The bigger problem is that people like you do not get it and

continue to throw money away, only now the money you guys are

spending is borrowed.
Why can't you people see this?  

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It's probably been posted, but it was on the news at lunch time today she has now been kicked off food stamps.
For now.

well at least there's that    

people are getting more and more disappointing
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lottery ticket was paid for with welfare money. It should have been seized.

That is a prima facia case of gambling with welfare money.

Ya gotta newsletter?

Yeah. It's called 'Piccolo's Hash'.

Google it or open the links here that I post damned near daily.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I give this
out of

The sad part is, she and people like her aren't reprimanded.

She should be locked away for fraud.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#47]
She'll be broke in a few months, why waste the paperwork to stop and restart food stamps?
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Food rations and no more food stamps.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top