Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Magpul,

Might I suggest, if you have to move, having a direct-sales event in Colorado.  Say, cash only, no limits.  Sell as many mags as you can before the bill is signed into law.

Doesn't have to be discounted.  Just a big "FU" to the state Dems.

And you'll have less product to move!

Ummm...I don't think they have any trouble moving product right now.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And that folks is how you do it. Now if only Remington would follow that example.

For the life of me I haven't figured out why firearms manufacturers stay in states which impose strict bans or laws against there customer base.....

Ruger
Mossberg
Nef
Remington
Hr
Colt
Stag
Yhm
Just to name a few....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Ruger is in NH, and we have some of the best firearms laws in the country, by far.

For how long? It is a blue state!  It is part of what I call the "scum belt".  That blue corridor on that election map.  When enough Mass-holes move into your state your rights will  disappear.  And they keep electing Obama and his ilk!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to sway liberals' opinion, you don't appeal to their emotions, but make a case on hard-headed economics!

Oh, wait, were you serious?

No.  Liberals don't give a fuck about economics.  They'll sit around and watch their states and cities collapse before they do things like pass right to work laws, switch to defined contribution retirement plans, lower taxes or permit resource development.  They love Obama in spite of the economic carnage we've been suffering through for 4 years now. They hate Governor Walker's guts in Wisconsin even though he competently managed their state.  But he did it by defying their self-destructive ideology.  Oil pays for something like 90% of Alaska's state government, but liberals here fight any further oil development because of global warming junk science.  

So when I see Magpul spending a lot of money on a full page ad appealing to economics and common sense, I can just see the scowling liberal reading that and saying "Good!  I want them to leave my state!"

Detroit.  That's all that needs to be said as far as liberal economics is concerned.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Famous quote:

You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight? Aye, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

William Wallace

Be prepared to fight these tyrants because that day is coming!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]

magpul popped a pmag
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Good job Magpul!
I wish S&W had the fortitude of you guys.

Hoping for the best for you from behind the iron curtain.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please take a few days off from asking Magpul to move to your state and email the Colorado House before Monday (final House vote?).  If you are out of state, you can state that you will make trips elsewhere.

Hit all of them...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul, I'm going to call you on Monday. I have a proposition.

I am a fan of your work NoloContendere.

Send me an IM and I will give you my direct line to call.

Done.

Nolo - Why have there not been more challenges launched in the courts over laws like this?  Why are we not trying to sue them into oblivion?  Is it not a good strategy to make passing more legislation so painful they think twice before going full retard?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
IMO, the legislature has made their financial impact calculations, and don't care if Magpul leaves.  It would have been an easy thing to add a few words exempting manufacturers, but they chose not to do so.

If I ran Magpul, I'd be very actively lining up a new production facility elsewhere, and would move at least part of my production even of the bill did not pass... somewhere in a right to work state that would also give favorable tax treatment.

There is a manufacturing exemption.  The House Judiciary Committee chair was very, very shocked that Magpul would leave and insisted on there being a manufacturing exemption.

Magpul has stated (and good on them!) that they will leave CO regardless of an exemption and will be doing so on philosophical reasons.

It's because legislators cannot see past their own noses.  How dare anyone not just bend over and enjoy what the all knowing legislators want to give to them!

That's about right.  I mean, he was visibly shocked that Magpul would leave.

And he claimed that he wouldn't vote for the bill without a manufacturing amendment.  

I can imagine that he's having a hard time fathoming that someone would stand on principle and leave even though they're exempted. "But we gave them an exemption!!"

It's because they are so used to getting "inside deals" and being more equal than others.  I mean why wouldn't YOU want to be more equal, too?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have not read HB 1224 after the Judiciary Committee but I do not see where Magpul can manufacture PMags in Colorado and sell to anyone but government/LEO agencies.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Bellweather of the industry, as goes magpul, so goes the entire industry, we all have skin in this game.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Devils advocate :

"so we just have to get rid of one company to save innocent children.  No problem"

That is how they will view it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't forget guys:

No selling to CO LEO's in a private or public capacity.
No training of CO LEO's in private or public capacity
Terminate any distributor or agent who does the above.

Private CO gun clubs would also do well to consider prohibiting the use of their ranges by law enforcement for training purposes whether in a private or public capacity when they are obviously now training for the sole purpose of killing children and innocent victims with their "high capacity" pistol and rifle magazines.

this

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Famous quote:

You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight? Aye, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

William Wallace

Be prepared to fight these tyrants because that day is coming!

Or:

If we are mark’d to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive. Wm. Shakespeare
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have not read HB 1224 after the Judiciary Committee but I do not see where Magpul can manufacture PMags in Colorado and sell to anyone but government/LEO agencies.

It was a passed amendment.  It passed after the committee.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FUCKING 'A

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magpul,

Might I suggest, if you have to move, having a direct-sales event in Colorado.  Say, cash only, no limits.  Sell as many mags as you can before the bill is signed into law.

Doesn't have to be discounted.  Just a big "FU" to the state Dems.

And you'll have less product to move!

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Devils advocate :
"so we just have to get rid of one company to save innocent children.  No problem"

This is true.  And we're dealing with a bunch of Marxists who believe that corporations are evil.  They don't view them as anything but a middleman, preventing the masses from "owning the means of production."  This shit is sinister guys.

And to those I was razzing earlier in the thread, I was just trying to make the point that no place is really safe when you have been infiltrated.  Not Texas, not Tennessee...nowhere!  It will just take them a little longer...if we allow it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep up the fight!

This is absolutely correct.  If you are not an NRA member then you should be.  BUt even if you are a memmber your dues alone are NOT ENOUGH to fight against all these unconstitutional restrictions of your 2nd amendment rights.

The NRA ILA needs your support now.  These are the people who are sending their top attorneys to these States to fight these insane laws!

No excuses.  Don't complain EVER if you did not support the people who are trying to defend your rights!

He is right.

Just ignore the annoying phone calls, ignore your mailbox getting flooded with unwanted begging letters, ignore the senile cretins running the organization that give A ratings to anti-gun cronies. Ignore it all and join anyway. Once we have won this fight, with enough right-thinking people as members, we can then begin sorting out the NRA, but lets kill off this crap first. It will be a worthwhile investment. Do it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't been following the Coloroado thing.  So did it pass in both legislative Houses, or just one?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for standing up for your and our principles.  I am proud to own and use many of your products.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I haven't been following the Coloroado thing.  So did it pass in both legislative Houses, or just one?

It hasn't passed anywhere yet.  It goes for the final reading and vote tomorrow in the House.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Devils advocate :

This is true.  And we're dealing with a bunch of Marxists who believe that corporations are evil.  They don't view them as anything but a middleman, preventing the masses from "owning the means of production."  This shit is sinister guys.

And to those I was razzing earlier in the thread, I was just trying to make the point that no place is really safe when you have been infiltrated.  Not Texas, not Tennessee...nowhere!  It will just take them a little longer...if we allow it.

The shit is indeed sinister.  However, we can force them to navigate their own hypocrisy in front of the people.

When the folks wonder why they can't find work, the media narratives will have to do battle with the reality Dems own.  We went from state budget surpluses (and tax refunds) under Conservative leadership to deficits and tax increases under Liberal leadership.  We now have ~$10K in debt per Colorado citizen.

I take time to explain this everytime I hear a young person bitching about taxes or license plate fees.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Dear Magpul, pack it up and head south......Arizona welcomes you !!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It hasn't passed anywhere yet.  It goes for the final reading and vote tomorrow in the House.

Time for one more round of emails to the house.  All of you out of state that have helped, thank you.  (And you really don't want Magpul in your state, do you?  Look at the heat they brought down on us. )

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Devils advocate :

The shit is indeed sinister.  However, we can force them to navigate their own hypocrisy in front of the people.

When the folks wonder why they can't find work, the media narratives will have to do battle with the reality Dems own.  We went from state budget surpluses (and tax refunds) under Conservative leadership to deficits and tax increases under Liberal leadership.  We now have ~$10K in debt per Colorado citizen.

I take time to explain this everytime I hear a young person bitching about taxes or license plate fees.

Speak it brother!  They will fuck this state up and move on to the next.  This far and no farther.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

New Mexico is south.

Andrasik, if you have a link to the current text of HB 1224, I would appreciate it.  I may have seen one early on but I can't go through 1000+ posts to find it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The ad will probably end up being a waste of money, but it is cool anyway.

Fuck CO, maybe Magpul should go to Texas. That state is likely where we will make our last stand at some point.

Yeah, unless the imagration trend continues...
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New Mexico is south.

Andrasik, if you have a link to the current text of HB 1224, I would appreciate it.  I may have seen one early on but I can't go through 1000+ posts to find it.

Arizona isn't south of colorado ?

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Mexico is south.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_01.pdf

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#33]
The California hippies want Magpul to leave Colorado. They can now turn the factory into a granola farm.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh... The Art of the Tactical Newspaper Ad!

Niiiiice.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks Sled_Dog.   The way I read it, magazines of more than 10 round capacity manufactured in Colorado can not be sold to civilians.    This does not show the 15 round quantity so it may not be the amended version.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Knoxville/Maryville, TN please
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The California hippies want Magpul to leave Colorado. They can now turn the factory into a granola farm.

More likely a marijuana/pot farm!  They've said for years that dope smoking causes a decrease in testosterone/sperm.   It's obviously true because of all the eunuchs that populate Colorado and other drug friendly states.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#39]
They want to keep you nice and sedated so that they can strip of you of your liberties and enslave you!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Awesome.

Fingers crossed.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Don't understand how taking out an add in a paper is going to overcome a sniper majority of brain dead hippies.

Oddly enough magpul thought it was cute to mfg mags in the heart of hippyland and now they are essentially getting thrown out of the state by those same hippies. Oh well, peak pmag tomorrow at 12 noon EST.

Two words:  Arlen Specter.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That is awesome!  I hope they don't pass the bill, but is really like y'all to consider moving to a state that wouldn't attempt a bill that asinine.

Trust me, we are.  At least this one is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#44]
noice

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Good for Magpul. Great ad.

Sadly, it won't matter. Colorado is completely retarded and overwhelmed by communists.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Keep it up!  Thanks for being an example for other manufacturers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#47]
My latest email:

I realize that we all have our personal belief systems in place.  It is sometimes difficult to look into other's point of view without simultaneously running contradictory arguments through your mind as they are still unknowingly wasting energy trying to make you understand their position.  I imagine some will gloss over the rest of this email, or even ignore it after I state my position of discontinuing the current legislation measures to place additional restrictions on gun owners within the State of Colorado.  

It is difficult to understand why those of you who are supporting gun control measures are so quick to come out and attack guns and gun owners themselves whenever a tragedy takes place where a gun is involved.  It is fairly clear that the people committing these heinous acts are mentally unstable and in the case of the Aurora shooter, in process of seeking treatment.  If someone is seeking treatment for a psychological issue and the professional providing the treatment is worried about possible violence the patient may commit, don't you see that there was an abysmal failure on the system's part to provide the help the individual needed and to the public in general?  Why would that person be allowed to roam around freely among the public?  Is it because we as a society do want to infringe upon that mentally unstable  person's rights?  If that is the case, I can not fathom why removing the constitutional rights of mentally sound people is the answer to protecting the rights of a mentally unsound person.

I have never been involved in politics.  This is the first correspondence that I have ever sent to an elected official.  I am doing so because I can't see the logic in this legislation.  I am doing so because I like the state of Colorado and wish to stay here.  I can not in good conscience remain in a state that would seek to make criminals of ordinary people for no reasonable or logical solution to a problem.  I left the east coast before coming here for this very reason.  I don't know how much correspondence you have received on the matter, but I actually talk to people and I am not alone in my statement that I will leave.  These are people who are in industries that bring development to this state.  Do not make the mistake and believe the stereotypes that the owners of these guns are uneducated rednecks. Take some time out of your day and start driving through gun shop parking lots and look at the cars people are driving.  Look at how much money people are willing to spend for these weapons, ammunition and magazines.  This is a decision that will have a clear impact on your political careers and and will have no impact on the actual problem at hand.  It will be obvious.  Look at Chicago, Washington DC, or even Denver before you decide that gun control will reduce crime.  

Please do not vote for any additional gun control measures unless you can individually make a valid argument that the other side has to accept because it is a logical and truthful one. Do not vote on this matter, or any matter because your party affiliation tells you to.  If you really care about us citizens, stop wasting your time on a matter that you know will not fix anything and will only lead to the potential false criminalization of an entire sect of the general population, Spend some time trying to expand our State's economy and individual liberty and let us deal with the realities of our own day to day personal safety, because in the end we know that you are not capable of legislating that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy gets it!  This is a copy of a recent post of mine analyzing the spead of the left wing/progressive/Marxist cancer:

In case you have not noticed that RED & BLUE election map Colorado has been a BLUE state for the last several national elections.

I suspect from all the left wing/progressive garbage from California, NY or the upper midwest blue states! They're like a cancer or a plague of locusts. After they have destroyed their home states they seek a more conservative red state. After many years and they're are enough of them their new "location" will start to resemble the place they came from (culturally, politically, etc.). It becomes a shit hole!

The crap that moved out from NYC has destroyed Long Island. That along with all the third world vermin that has invaded my State.

As a conservative my final act will be to move to Texas! And on the way out I will stand on the hood of my truck and piss all over the "Welcome to New York State" sign!

Think of this as a picture of metastasizing basal cell carcinoma.

http://freedomslighthouse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012electoralcountybycountymap111612web.jpg

we are truly fooked.

Look on the south border of Texas.  

LRT,

There are those of down in that blue, behind enemy, lines fighting every damn day- buying not just your product, but Magpul's and all the rest. And with each Saxet Gun Show, hoping we haven't lost another dealer because they are tired of being pulled over along the road and hassled, to and from.

If you really want to take a hard look at the RGV, then take a good hard look the highways from Seriata, Falfurias, Hebronville and continue West as that is where are the INTERNAL US checkpoints are at and the demarcation point.

I certainly hope Magpul wins this because it is not just Colorado, as you posted from Atlas Shrugged, but all of us as we all know. If they do lose and leave, I hope Magpul does take a good hard look at Texas and especially the RGV.

Thanks for all the you do as well LRT, I have taken advantage of your Pocket Constitution special because your packs make it more affordable for me to pass them out but just don't give up on us down here- we are Texas too.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMO, the legislature has made their financial impact calculations, and don't care if Magpul leaves.  It would have been an easy thing to add a few words exempting manufacturers, but they chose not to do so.

If I ran Magpul, I'd be very actively lining up a new production facility elsewhere, and would move at least part of my production even of the bill did not pass... somewhere in a right to work state that would also give favorable tax treatment.

There is a manufacturing exemption.  The House Judiciary Committee chair was very, very shocked that Magpul would leave and insisted on there being a manufacturing exemption.

Magpul has stated (and good on them!) that they will leave CO regardless of an exemption and will be doing so on philosophical reasons.

Exactly and absolute good on Magpul for this.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]

You guys are fucking awesome!

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top