Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh if client interaction is bothering you to that point hire male servers.  I have not seen any cute women working the ice cream/frozen yogurt places around here, yet they still manage to stay in business (ridiculous prices probably help on that front).

There are always assholes who stare.  You think it's bad here you should visit a third world country, or Europe.

1/10 on the rant, and I own page 10.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
can you dumb this down for me? im not really sure what you are trying to say here.

Some "relationships" have more in common with combat than they do with what we understand as "romance". It's not so much about sharing as it is about taking or stopping somebody else from taking from you. The predatory nature of sexcapades involving frat "brothers" who work girls to get them to a party, get them hammered almost to the point of unconsciousness, and then run a train on them would be an example. That's not really a relationship...it's predation.

I have noticed that once you put several of those "pack" idiots together the IQ of the area plummets.  It rockets to low levels of stupidity if alcohol or any type of group pressure is added.  Now you add an intoxicated female and you have one hell of a recipe.  I hope that anytime a male on a college campus mentions being in a fraternity and is plying a girl with alcohol she runs for the fucking hills.  Too many altercations.  Too many fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
can you dumb this down for me? im not really sure what you are trying to say here.

Some "relationships" have more in common with combat than they do with what we understand as "romance". It's not so much about sharing as it is about taking or stopping somebody else from taking from you. The predatory nature of sexcapades involving frat "brothers" who work girls to get them to a party, get them hammered almost to the point of unconsciousness, and then run a train on them would be an example.

Girls who manipulate and torture boys for sport and control are another. You know the type, needy, insecure, clingy, jealous, wants babies NOW! And she does love you, and you love her, and she's so sweet sometimes and the sex is great... And you look back on it years later and realize she was taking care of her needs to control and feel safe, because she was insecure, not because she really cared about you.

My God, did you interview my last few girlfriends?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some "relationships" have more in common with combat than they do with what we understand as "romance". It's not so much about sharing as it is about taking or stopping somebody else from taking from you. The predatory nature of sexcapades involving frat "brothers" who work girls to get them to a party, get them hammered almost to the point of unconsciousness, and then run a train on them would be an example. That's not really a relationship...it's predation.

I have noticed that once you put several of those "pack" idiots together the IQ of the area plummets.  It rockets to low levels of stupidity if alcohol or any type of group pressure is added.  Now you add an intoxicated female and you have one hell of a recipe.  I hope that anytime a male on a college campus mentions being in a fraternity and is plying a girl with alcohol she runs for the fucking hills.  Too many altercations.  Too many fucking idiots.

Humans are social creatures. Especially women. If I have kids we're going to go over news articles covering how bad shit "happens" and discuss and role play scenarios. Telling kids to be smart is good, training them is better.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm saying I recognized that some of the boys who professed an interest in me did not have my best interests at heart and I behaved accordingly. And if being beaten at a game that they chose to play made them unhappy, it was a matter of infinite indifference to me.

Jane

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some "relationships" have more in common with combat than they do with what we understand as "romance". It's not so much about sharing as it is about taking or stopping somebody else from taking from you. The predatory nature of sexcapades involving frat "brothers" who work girls to get them to a party, get them hammered almost to the point of unconsciousness, and then run a train on them would be an example.

Girls who manipulate and torture boys for sport and control are another. You know the type, needy, insecure, clingy, jealous, wants babies NOW! And she does love you, and you love her, and she's so sweet sometimes and the sex is great... And you look back on it years later and realize she was taking care of her needs to control and feel safe, because she was insecure, not because she really cared about you.

No, but I might have lived with her suicidal lesbian sister.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying I recognized that some of the boys who professed an interest in me did not have my best interests at heart and I behaved accordingly. And if being beaten at a game that they chose to play made them unhappy, it was a matter of infinite indifference to me.

Jane

thank you. i was really struggling with what you where trying to convey for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, this thread sure has taken on a whole different direction........

But I have to say this about the situation I think some may be overlooking:

I don't like the creepers. We've established that. But how I feel about it isn't the only point. They're not good for business. Even if it didn't tick me off, it should be discouraged.

Now many will think I'm trying to attract that customer, that they know better, bla bla. But the fact is most of the customers are family groups that don't want someone staring at young teenagers hanging around. The creepers aren't always looking at employees either. In the past (long ago) other customers have addressed the issue on their own without the shop at all. The people that go to stare rudely while there are very few and far between. The people that go and act decently while there are far, far greater in numbers. Some people seem to think a business like mine WANTS to attract that rare and rude customer; and that's why it runs the way it does. That's just incorrect. If I alienate or make the very tiny percentage of customers that act innapropriately feel unwelcomed; I stand to gain more than to lose. Believe it or not, not all customers are good customers. Some owners don't want the image that having customers leaning on the windows with their mouths open lost in a trance may promote. There are shops that do want that image and they market to attract that customer. We don't, and we don't want them there.

-JC
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Somebody needs to open an ice cream shop where the entire shop is a walk-in freezer, and the scooper chicks are wearing wifebeaters & no bra.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Somebody needs to open an ice cream shop where the entire shop is a walk-in freezer, and the scooper chicks are wearing wifebeaters & no bra.

Now that sounds like a business model I could invest in.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But what if she has freakishly long nipples?

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

then you make millions

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't like the creepers. We've established that. But how I feel about it isn't the only point. They're not good for business. Even if it didn't tick me off, it should be discouraged.

Now many will think I'm trying to attract that customer, that they know better, bla bla. But the fact is most of the customers are family groups that don't want someone staring at young teenagers hanging around. The creepers aren't always looking at employees either. In the past (long ago) other customers have addressed the issue on their own without the shop at all. The people that go to stare rudely while there are very few and far between. The people that go and act decently while there are far, far greater in numbers. Some people seem to think a business like mine WANTS to attract that rare and rude customer; and that's why it runs the way it does. That's just incorrect. If I alienate or make the very tiny percentage of customers that act innapropriately feel unwelcomed; I stand to gain more than to lose. Believe it or not, not all customers are good customers. Some owners don't want the image that having customers leaning on the windows with their mouths open lost in a trance may promote. There are shops that do want that image and they market to attract that customer. We don't, and we don't want them there.

-JC

So then this thread has little to do with why they must be kicked out. The creepiness and the age/sex of your workers is practically irrelevant. You're venting because you're frustrated at having to say "sir please leave" and finding it awkward and difficult to cite something as non tangible as "creepiness".

Now that you've reduced it to a customer service and money issue, it makes more sense. Business and SOPs are  easier to understand than feelings and morals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Girls hate the cold, you know that. Keep the store warm and have them go topless.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

-JC
Yeah we got it, the nubile young titties are for your viewing pleasure only.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Marble Slab Pokies & More...
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Girls hate the cold, you know that. Keep the store warm and have them go topless.

i'm really starting to hope i get to meet you one day! i like the way you think!
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane

I have two daughters , one is 21 and graduating from college in a month, the other is 15

Christ , I look like im 75

One of the things I have done with both my girls is this.

I ask them to write down their dream job, places they would like to see in the world, things they would love to do, the sky is the limit whatever you would like write it down.

I then ask them one question........

Which , if any , of those things will a man help you achieve??

Knowing what you want, understanding the price you will to pay to attain it, and the maturity to carry it out .

Ive told this story before but it applies......

Went to pick up daughter who was 9 or so at the time from a sleepover at a friends house....

The mom did NOT answer the door...

The older sister did.....

She was wearing a 20 times too large tshirt , and proceeded to bend over to "hold" the dog.

15 or 16 year old boobs , I was stunned. Did I look??? Sure.... I was mortified.....thinking "dsteelman" youre gonna go to jail WTF do you do?? Do you tell the mom?? That seemed a bit risky.....

I told the ex who was friends with the mother in question....she talked to the mom, seems it was an ongoing problem with this girl......whewwwwwww, no false accusations....

But as far as the OP goes, the girl asked for "help" by telling him that she was uncomfortable.

For the girls its a ......semi/mostly safe way to learn that yes indeed alot of men DONT have their best interests at heart/they might be perv-dangerous. Pay attention to where you are and youre surroundings......

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-JC

So then this thread has little to do with why they must be kicked out. The creepiness and the age/sex of your workers is practically irrelevant. You're venting because you're frustrated at having to say "sir please leave" and finding it awkward and difficult to cite something as non tangible as "creepiness".

Now that you've reduced it to a customer service and money issue, it makes more sense. Business and SOPs are  easier to understand than feelings and morals.

Well, both I think. it pisses me off, and it's bad for business. I also think it would be bad for morale if I did nothing when a crew member is having issue with a customer.  The creepiness factor probably causes me to have a personal, in addition to managerial response. So both I think.

-JC
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Did I look??? Sure....

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I look??? Sure....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbsmbCWUNEE

gee thanks, now I'll have to watch the whole series over again

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-JC

Well, both I think. it pisses me off, and it's bad for business. I also think it would be bad for morale if I did nothing when a crew member is having issue with a customer.  The creepiness factor probably causes me to have a personal, in addition to managerial response. So both I think.

-JC

So what are you hoping to get from this thread? I could share with you how frustrated and angry I was when I was forbidden to 86 creeps, and how happy and loyal I felt when management had my back. Do you want tips on how to 86 creeps? Maybe some pat lines to say when they ask why?

I really want to help. You have a problem and I like to solve problems. Especially social and sex problems. I just suck at figuring out what people want when they complain.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#25]
You may not have designed your business as a semi sexual outlet for some men, but it is and I bet you get a fair amount of revenue from that fact.  Not blatant and planned like hooters but true none the less.

Man up and cock block with authority( 'Quit staring at this 15 year old CHILD you old pervert!') or dress the ladies in shapeless, no skin exposed clothes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As usually, she's spot on. My ex of three years tried to pull that shit on me when I was only 21. She pretty much said that if I still loved her, that we would have to get married. Thankfully I found out that she was cheating and I didn't make a terrible mistake. I still haven't talked to her in over 2 years, and I have no remorse. Cheaters aren't worth my time.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#27]
TL; DR

PICS?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

TL; DR

PICS?

I think I posted the closest thing. Page 6 I think.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#29]
As a lecherous ogling old man, I resent being stereotyped

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Wait till you guys see my new gear to wear to the ice cream shop!

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#31]
"I'm sorry, this braille menu only has two bumps on it..."
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My father used to say that everyone has a certain amount of hell to get out of their system, and the longer you put it off, the uglier it's going to be when it happens.

Jane

Those are some pearls there....sage advice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#34]
That is strange.   All the employees are young girls, who are under 18.   I can’t imagine that males could not do the same work, unless one is running some sort of … show.    There is no way I would ever run a business like that, ever.  

It is completely reasonable to look at someone or something for whatever it appears to be.    There is no practical way to know that the stripper working the pole has a PhD in Physics/Quantum Mechanics.    Everyone has met the gal who looked like a 21 yr old Miami Vice hooker but who was only 17.      If a guy sees a hot chick at a county fair and gets … excited, but he never knows that she was born a male, is the guy that saw her gay?   No, he is gay if he doesn’t get excited.      

Put up a few signs and you should be fine.   They should read, “All employees are minor females.   Each is part of my private stash.    You may not claim ‘dibs’.    Thank you for coming in to get a quick peek and giving me your money, but please don’t stare too long.   The young airheads might figure out my little scam some day.”

Seriously, I would prefer to operate a lower risk business, like a placement service for ex-cons.   Running a business with only minor females?   Play with fire…
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have noticed that once you put several of those "pack" idiots (college tramps) together,  the IQ of the area plummets.  It rockets to low levels of stupidity if alcohol or any type of group pressure is added.  Now you add an intoxicated males and you have one hell of a recipe.  I hope that anytime a male on a college campus mentions being in a fraternity and is plying a girl with alcohol she runs for the fucking hills.  Too many altercations.  Too many fucking idiots.

Girls weaponize their stuff and use it as such.   They don't call it a "money maker" for nothing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I would hope most males figure out that females are more than happy to play games with a guy’s emotions and wallet to get whatever they want from them.       It is said that, “guys only want one thing from gals”.  That is probably true.   However, there is no limit to what a female is going to try to get out of her next mark.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

-JC

Sure could have fooled me.    Personally, I would not like to go to such a dangerous place without my own females with me, just to protect my tail from the foolishness.      I would say it is better to avoid doing business at such a place.

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

-JC
Yeah we got it, the nubile young titties are for your viewing pleasure only.

Ya think?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck kind of daughters do you guys raise? OP points out an observation that any MAN would notice,

My observations come from a hell of a lot more data than a small group of teenage girls in an ice-cream shop...although I guarantee they aren't any different than any number of girls their age I could find in just about any high school or church youth group anywhere in the land.

True story time:

A daddy's girl gets the cops called on her at a college dorm because she's always walking around naked in the halls, and paying visits to gentlemen suitors on different floors. When the officers arrive and confront this girl, she's in a stairwell completely naked...and one of the officers cannot help but notice that there are mardi-gras beads hanging out of her lady business. She was oblivious to that fact at the time, of course. Daddy is a cop. They call daddy and daddy looses his shit...not at his daughter, but at the officers who called him for lying about his daughter. Threatens a lawsuit. Threatens to call every superior he can think of short of the POTUS to have all their jobs.

Also in police possession at the time was video of this girl getting double teamed and taking the finisher to the face from two dudes she didn't really even know...and she took it like a pro. It wasn't surprising that she knew how to handle that bit given the research she'd been doing on the internet.

Daddy didn't want to acknowledge the fact that his little girl wasn't a little girl anymore. Being a teenager, she knew how to play different roles in different situations to convince the group in front of her of whatever she wanted to convince them of. Daddy's little girl act with daddy which kept him happy, honor student act which kept her in good stead with her professors and, of course, with daddy...and the full on Bree Olsen/Bobbi Starr act with two random dudes for hedonism, male attention, approval, or whatever motivation she had for engaging in such an act.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, here, but kids today are on average more worldly at 13 than I was at 17. They can describe...in startling detail...sex acts I didn't even know existed until I heard stories from dudes who were stationed in the Philippines. Doubt the description of the act? They can google that shit and have a video of it playing for you before you can say "slouching towards Gamorrah". When I was a kid the idea of taking pictures or video of your girlfriend in various states of undress/coitus was something even the class sluts wouldn't go near...now? Now the number of dudes who are walking around with video of girls giving them head on their cell phone is fucking staggering.

Now is this a desirable situation for the human race? I certainly don't think so....but I'm not the one causing it. So save your ire for a worthy target rather than coming off uber-offended at the guy who is just telling you like it is.

You have daughters? Congratulations...but know this: If they're over the age of 11, I can state with relative certainty that they aren't telling you everything. And they never will anymore than you told your parents everything. It would certainly be comforting to think that the girls who took those pictures at the slumber party I mentioned were "bad" kids raised by morons, but that's just not the case. They were by all available measures good kids. Good students. No serious behavior problems. Did charity work. Good work ethic. Parents were salt-of-the-earth types who had sense and tried really hard to raise them right. They still took naked pictures and snuck in beer and got drunk and did stupid shit that worked its way around the school  at the speed of Facebook and 3g. The natural thing to do is yell "SLUTS!!!!" and by doing so pretend that they were somehow defective and that it could never happen to your kids. It's a comforting fiction, but comforting fictions don't produce results.

That's the thing about kids: They do stupid shit. They have a short attention span and the teenage brain sucks at understanding the long term effects of actions taken right now. Teenagers don't understand that life is chess, not checkers, and that stupid shit has life altering consequences. They live in a world where 30 is like, unbelievably old and junk. There is no amount of parenting that can ensure that another human with piss-poor judgment will always do the smart thing.

The whole premise of the thread is hilarious. A dude who owns an ice cream shop that employs exclusively attractive teenage girls getting perturbed that pervs are looking "that way" at his employees. Hint: The practice of having attractive teenage girls at ice cream shops isn't exactly an unusual tactic because it's great for business. If everybody was an upstanding puritan type like me who didn't eye fuck 16 year old girls even if they are dressed in skirts so short they are tugging at the hem every 7 seconds so the world can't see whether or not the cuffs and collars match, he wouldn't make as much money. Ditto if he replaced his staff with fat hairy dudes.

Now this is America and it's a reasonably free country and he's not the first to use a bit of titillation to make some money...but it's hilarious that he's worked up about the strategy working a little too well in some cases.

...but I'm not too worked up about the girls in this situation because I've been in the unique position of peeking behind the green door and looking at aspects of their lives that they usually keep neatly segmented away from authority figures. They're human. Human beings are absolutely marvelous at compartmentalizing their lives to play completely different roles when necessary. Nazis would spend several hours a day shooting unarmed jews in the back of the head with 8mm Mausers...including women and children...and would go back home to their families and still be dad and husband and all that rot. Bob the accountant goes to church and loves his wife and kids and is a pillar of the community, at least until he's caught in a public park restroom servicing random men at a glory hole. Etc. As a species it's probably one of our greatest talents. At times a necessary survival mechanism...but more often a way for us to try and fill whatever base impulses we have without unpleasant consequences that sometimes accompany those acts.

The girls are not the innocent damsels we'd like to think they are. I'd love nothing more than to look at a pretty 16 year old girl in an ice cream shop and think of her as a sweet, virginial kid who is going to do well in school, marry a really nice fella, and live happily ever after. I'd love to think that...and you know what? She can tell....and she'll play that role. Even if I happen to have seen the pictures from a slumber party that prove otherwise.

Welcome to humanity.

Guess who's really living in the basement, chief.

Well done!  Well written!  You, sir, are a poet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#40]
so the OP is running an ice cream shop that is really an Eye Candy shop and he wants to keep it all to himself.

I see

selfish bastard

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I have one child, a son, 24, who is on staff at the college from which he graduated, and has his own business.    I helped him get started with his business.   He has done a lot of … photography and … multimedia work with… um… models.  (Yeah, I know.   As a father, I rock royally.  LOL!)

I’m 48.   My son and I relate well to each other.  

One of the things I have periodically done with him is this…

I  have asked him to write down his dream job, places he would like to see in the world, things/women he would like to do, the kind of cars he would like to own,  the sky is the limit whatever you would like write it down.

I then I ask him one question........

Which , if any , of those things will a woman help you achieve?    Other than the few women who will help you meat [sic] other women, most will only limit the potential of your future.    

Every time there is a screaming kid around, I point it out.    Every time there is a thread on ARFcom about another relationship in which a guy allowed himself to be screwed over, I forward it to my son.      

It is import to know what you want, understand the price you will to pay to attain it, recognize the obstacles that will get in your way of achievement,  and possess and develop the maturity to carry out your plans.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

<Snip>

Welcome to humanity.

Thankfully we have people who like to type around here.

Yep and he's spot on, too.

With the back lash and witch hunts for someone who might think about doing a girl on the day before her 18th birthday, we have deluded ourselves into forgetting that humans are sexual beings. That doesn't just occur when we turn 18.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

<Snip>

Welcome to humanity.

Thankfully we have people who like to type around here.

Yep and he's spot on, too.

With the back lash and witch hunts for someone who might think about doing a girl on the day before her 18th birthday, we have deluded ourselves into forgetting that humans are sexual beings. That doesn't just occur when we turn 18.

Remember all the freaky stuff you did with momma?     Today's girls have more freedom to do more, with more people, of every type, without anyone daring to judge them.   And, they do just that.   LOL!   Daddies need to accept that most girls will go hang out with people, be made "air tight", be "glazed", and do it all with absolute strangers.        The issue is NOT what they do,   Like I said, they got on this planet as the result of what two people did.    The issue is with whom they choose to share their time.       It is up to the parents to teach their children values, and that starts with teaching who is a good person and who is not.       Yes, my son is around a ton of absolute freaks.   He realizes they are like junk food.  They look good, smell good, and taste good.   But they will destroy you and take you to an early grave.  Most should be avoided.  And, you certainly shouldn't live off that junk.     Seriously, I have taught my son to only invest in those who invest in demonstrating sound judgement.  I have taught him that if he catches a gal with a guy that he does not respect, don't look at her as anything more than a used cum rag.   It has saved him a lot of headache.   LOL!

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Your best "Alpha-Male-Wolf Stare".    What a strange comment.

The female clerks are not in your "pack".    

Maybe you need to examine the dress- code.

Actually, I think the "pack" concept explains a lot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was. And accurate from my experiences on the girl side of things. IMHO, the best thing to do is not try to keep them innocent, because you can't. It's to try to get them as wise and knowledgable and empowered as possible. Little Janie needs to tell guys how it's going to be and take measures to protect herself.

The best thing to do is not try to keep them innocent, because you can't.  It's to try to get them as wise, knowledgable, and capable as possible.   Little Jimmy needs to tell gals how it's going to be and take measures to protect himself.    

Fact is, it is a two way street.   Hopefully, people with values and discipline can enjoy life together.   God knows the nut jobs are going at it full force.

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I stare back.

Um, that's life.   Teach the girls to stare right back, as if to say, "And?   What?"

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#47]
People haven't read the thread.

I do hire males, and have them on the crew currently. The shop is staffed mostly by female school students because that's the majority of the applicants.

-JC

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone else here have flash backs to high school because of this thread?     I certainly have.    LOL!

High school was a shock for me.    I went to a Christian school of my choice for High School.    Most of the guys were pretty focused on getting to college and making a life for themselves.    Sure, we all dug girls.   But, not one of us knocked up a chick.      However, most of the gals were dumber than a box of rocks.    Several girls were kicked out, some for getting knocked up and others for running away.   All of the girls who got pregnant did so with guys who did not attend our school.   Most of the girls thought they liked “bad” boys.      That is exactly what they were, bad examples of little boys.   I, like many others, was a young man.   I had scholarships, a future, and enlisted at 17.    I figured out the girls little game of fun.   I mastered it.   While they later dealt with no money from  bums and listening to a screaming baby,  I was traveling the world, blowing stuff up, meeting the nicest people, and killing a few… LOL!     The secret was to understand that girls learned to weaponize their “stuff”, manipulate everyone from daddy, their uncles, and on to their teachers.    Their main tool was to “whip” a guy if necessary and get whatever they wanted.     If a guy focused on being the best man he could be, develops himself mentally and physically, and pursues a career,  the “stuff” will come looking for him.   The challenge then becomes sorting through the “stuff” to see who has demonstrated sound decision making along the way.     That drives a lot of women crazy, usually because they have long screwed up.   LOL!

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
People haven't read the thread.

I do hire males, and have them on the crew currently. The shop is staffed mostly by female school students because that's the majority of the applicants.

-JC

Quoted:
Hi,

I have an icecream shop in a quiet suburban area. It's mostly staffed by teenage girls - all under 18 and students.

Guess it was hard for us to find where the guys were mentioned.    Everything I read was about some “alpha male wolf” guarding is “pack”/stash of minor girls.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get very few applicants that aren't teenage girls. And most aren't suitable for my shop.

-JC

What could possibly make someone unsuitable to scoop ice cream?  That's like saying someone isn't suitable to work at McDonalds... no offense, but it's an Ice Cream Shop, not a billion dollar hedge fund company.

Well, from what I have read, the requirements are : minor, female, student, and the type at which most would stare.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top