User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And that, ultimately, is my problem with all this bullshit.

The federal government is not supposed to be an instrument for jamming the fetishes of elitist down the throats of hundreds of millions of citizens regardless of how they feel about it...but that is EXACTLY what is happening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The irony is that the Court and the administration is very  inconsistent, only striking down state laws they dislike.  The exact same court that upheld Obamacare stating that it was not their job to overturn a law passed by the legislature acting as the representatives as of the people did exactly the opposite in this case.

DOJ enforcing federal court decision in this case but ignoring sanctuary cities where immigration law is ignored, etc.

The federal government is not supposed to be an instrument for jamming the fetishes of elitist down the throats of hundreds of millions of citizens regardless of how they feel about it...but that is EXACTLY what is happening.

I agree with both of these posts.

The law should be sacred and applied to everyone.    We've become a nation where the law is used as a bludgeon against those who are unlucky enough to catch the attention of a political beast or unfortunate enough to espouse a belief the people in power find distasteful.

In other words, tyranny.

I cannot understand how people are celebrating in the face of all this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The correct course of action here is to fire her. Putting her in jail is completely uncalled for.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yeah I suspect she could have raised the fine money on the internet. If she is savy enough to set up a go fund me I suspect she will leave jail a millionaire. If I was here I'd just have my lawyers set up the gofund me, order some books off the internet, catch up on my reading and let the judge sweat out how long he's going to keep her in there.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kind of give her credit for be willing to get thrown in the pokey. Hope she has her gofundme page set up, she might be able to retire on this.

Which is why I said the judge would jail her.

And he has.

lol
yeah I suspect she could have raised the fine money on the internet. If she is savy enough to set up a go fund me I suspect she will leave jail a millionaire. If I was here I'd just have my lawyers set up the gofund me, order some books off the internet, catch up on my reading and let the judge sweat out how long he's going to keep her in there.  

Yep.  I breezed past a commenter saying the court could take over the office, but i have never heard of that being possible.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The correct course of action here is to fire her. Putting her in jail is completely uncalled for.
View Quote

Court says do X

X is a legal order

monetary fine would be ineffective

jail is called for.

Protip: do your job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Step outta line, the man comes and takes you away.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Elected, can't fire.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In that area of Kentucky apparently an adulterous slut who was married four times is the final arbitrator.
View Quote

but but but...she's seen the light and been saved by Jeeee-zus....can I get an AMEN

and hard to believe there's not just one, not just two, but THREE living, breathing people who married this dumpster fire of a woman, including one who did it TWICE.  Are pickings that slim in KY?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The law should be sacred and applied to everyone.    We've become a nation where the law is used as a bludgeon against those who are unlucky enough to catch the attention of a political beast or unfortunate enough to espouse a belief the people in power find distasteful.

In other words, tyranny.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The irony is that the Court and the administration is very  inconsistent, only striking down state laws they dislike.  The exact same court that upheld Obamacare stating that it was not their job to overturn a law passed by the legislature acting as the representatives as of the people did exactly the opposite in this case.

DOJ enforcing federal court decision in this case but ignoring sanctuary cities where immigration law is ignored, etc.

In other words, tyranny.

People find tyranny okay when it supports their views.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

She's an elected official. Who is going to fire her? The court?

She broke the law, she's going to jail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Anybody hear what the judge said or did to her deputies?

Maybe he just wanted them there to see their boss go to jail.

View Quote
Gave them 1/2 hour to decide if they are going to comply or go to jail.  That half hour is almost up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I kind of give her credit for be willing to get thrown in the pokey. Hope she has her gofundme page set up, she might be able to retire on this.
View Quote

If one does get created it will be pulled shortly. They don't allow fundraising for criminals or those charged with a crime.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
but but but...she's seen the light and been saved by Jeeee-zus....can I get an AMEN

and hard to believe there's not just one, not just two, but THREE living, breathing people who married this dumpster fire of a woman, including one who did it TWICE.  Are pickings that slim in KY?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In that area of Kentucky apparently an adulterous slut who was married four times is the final arbitrator.

Maybe she is a freak in the sack.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
why should I have to get the government's permission to get married?   Who gave the government the authority to decide who can marry and who cannot?

The word "marriage" does not appear in the Constitution.

Get the government out of the business of marriage.
View Quote

Whoop there it is!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#22]
So when will those refusing to give out ccw licenses in NYC,Maryland/etc, be put in jail for contempt?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#24]
so it begins, whats next, forced re education camps for those not wiling to comply with the queers agenda.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Elected, can't fire.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Elected, can't fire.  

Recalled, whatever. Jail for her is insanity.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/03/437174853/kentucky-clerk-is-due-in-federal-court-for-contempt-hearing  

As we reported yesterday, because Davis is an elected official she cannot be fired from her job. Instead, she would have to be impeached by the impeached by the state's House of Representatives and tried by the state's Senate.

Just thought the method of impeachment was interesting

View Quote

The Governor doesn't have the power to remove an elected official?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm guessing they jumped in their cars and drove back to the office to start printing out new rainbow colored marriage licenses. I found an article that said they did not support her, but it was from some leftist website  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody hear what the judge said or did to her deputies?

Maybe he just wanted them there to see their boss go to jail.
I'm guessing they jumped in their cars and drove back to the office to start printing out new rainbow colored marriage licenses. I found an article that said they did not support her, but it was from some leftist website  

I think the deputies are being allowed to meet with PDs. Hearing to resume at 1:45, presumably they will get to decide whether to sit in the pokey with their boss as well.

And I believe Kim Davis' son is one of her deputy clerks, so I wouldn't be surprised if he throws his lot in with mama's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She's in jail right now for her beliefs, she's ahead of 99% of people.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahead of a fair number of ARFCOM posters in CT and NY.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I missed that. Is Raylen Givens going to go over there and start signing Marriage Licenses with the Judge's name on them?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.  I breezed past a commenter saying the court could take over the office, but i have never heard of that being possible.
I missed that. Is Raylen Givens going to go over there and start signing Marriage Licenses with the Judge's name on them?  

Courts here are about to be drawing legislative districts, so who knows?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Education camps that will be impeccably decorated  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so it begins, whats next, forced re education camps for those not wiling to comply with the queers agenda.
Education camps that will be impeccably decorated  

I won't be in one is all i can say.

hey triumphed over him
   by the blood of the Lamb
   and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
   as to shrink from death.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What law did she break?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So when will those refusing to give out ccw licenses in NYC,Maryland/etc, be put in jail for contempt?
View Quote

I've asked this question and mentioned this example many times and I have yet to receive an answer.

All I have a is a "Protip" to "Do your job" unless that applies to the 2nd amendment, in which case then do as you please.

This pick and choose judicial enforcement is going to cause this nation long lasting and deep seated problems.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#35]
If they can lock up an elected official this easily, what will happen to priests pastors and ministers reverends rabbis imams etc who refuse to marry gays?

It is fucking chilling. Slippery slopes at 90 degrees are cliffs.

Personally I think gay marriage is fine civilly, I am opposed to the courts short circuiting a process of the people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Good for her to stand up for what she believes in and not knuckle under.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]
So if she really believes in the sanctity of marriage does that explain why she has had 4 of them ? It seems a little hypocritical to me. She should just do what she gets paid to do. If her beliefs affect her work maybe she needs a new job .
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Now she is up there with the Apostle Paul

Fantastic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that and feel this is a state issue.

My criticism of this is she is about the worst spokesperson who could be arguing the points she is arguing.

No worse and no better than most of us.  I am not going to reach over and bayonet someone in the same foxhole as me, fighting the same enemy, based upon her past.

It is never too late to start doing the right thing.

True but she is a HORRIBLE spokesperson on this one IMHO.

Based on the past.

If you went by the past, Paul wouldn't have wrote a big hunk of the New testament, would he?

Now she is up there with the Apostle Paul

Fantastic

Perhaps you are unaware of his career - before he became an apostle?

Jesus says, "Go forth, and sin no more".  He doesn't say, "Ick! Get away from me!"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Court says do X

X is a legal order

jail is called for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court says do X

X is a legal order

jail is called for.

"You will accept us..or we will destroy you"....thanks for playing...you may go back to your regularly scheduled fascism.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So if she really believes in the sanctity of marriage does that explain why she has had 4 of them ? It seems a little hypocritical to me. She should just do what she gets paid to do. If her beliefs affect her work maybe she needs a new job .
View Quote

this was before she was a believer and has no remarried since, the grace of God is bigger than our mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Please point out where in the Bill of Rights you are guaranteed the "right to Marry".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if the sheriff decided not to issue carry permits because of his strong personal belief, you're okay with that?

Please point out where in the Bill of Rights you are guaranteed the "right to Marry".

The 9th Amendment:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

I see you have a Ranger Tab.  Let me know if you need any help with the big words.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

she's only been a Christian for a couple of years.
All of that happened before she became a Christian.......

Forgiveness of sins and a changed life........kinda what Christianity is all about

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I see you have a Ranger Tab.  Let me know if you need any help with the big words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if the sheriff decided not to issue carry permits because of his strong personal belief, you're okay with that?

The 9th Amendment:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Keep reading to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

I believe people should have the right to fuck up their lives in anyway they please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, or prevent anyone from fucking up their own life. When they cross the line it should be legal to kill them.

My Dad would be appalled if he were alive today, he was a hard core Republican and a God fearing man.  I become more libertarian with every passing day.  I guess I'm a sign of the coming apolcalypse.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
"You will accept us..or we will destroy you"....thanks for playing...you may go back to your regularly scheduled fascism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Court says do X

X is a legal order

jail is called for.

He's always seemed to enjoy the authoritarian side of things, from my perspective.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court says do X

X is a legal order

jail is called for.

Thats right.  You'll follow a lawful court order or you'll go to jail.  Scary, huh?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Is the court proceeding being televised anywhere?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She didn't break the law.  Certainly not a state law.  Now do you see how this is part of the problem?  She defied a ruling.  Words matter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top