User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We ain't never gonna catch a trigger caster at our paltry 50 per day rate of S7 billet MBT throughout.

Meh, we enjoy making the best, even though it takes a lot longer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still the best

We ain't never gonna catch a trigger caster at our paltry 50 per day rate of S7 billet MBT throughout.

Meh, we enjoy making the best, even though it takes a lot longer.

So you all are only producing 50 triggers a day?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I like seeing that data. It looks like your triggers are held to tighter tolerances during manufacturing. Your samples are much closer in performance to one another than G's. I wonder if it has anything to do with the disparity in wear-n-tear on G's (i'm assuming older) machines vs. your (relatively new?) ones.

...Or is it fabrication methods, processes and materials?

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I never found them to be the best I still really like my RRA NM 2stage  at $70 a pop  for the coin I think the AR gold trigger is the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Geissele's sister company ALG Defense has what you seek.
I believe it's called the ACT trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.

I disagree the ACT is a 5.5 lbs smoothed & polished trigger
RRA 2 stage come in 4.5 lbs & the 3.5 varmit  trigger  my rra nm has only gotten smoother since I bought it in Oct 2004

but still is a very nice trigger I have not tried the 3.5 lbs yet, but since my ACOG mounted rra 2 stage shoots 1 MOA & has for 11 years why play around

I use to shoot Schultz & walther KKM rifles prone  I have found nothing in the AR market that nice
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good trigger, I like it. But it feels more like a bench shooting/competition type trigger than a "go to war" trigger.

For the money, it's a real good deal for what you get. But I still favor Geissele more, but on the cheaper stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Larue's trigger

View Quote

IMHO, this trigger was intended to compete with the SSA-E.  I'm not sure how you'd classify one as a "go to war" trigger and one as a benchrest trigger.  Care to explain?

With the caveat that I have less than a half-hour of dry fire time behind an MBT-2S, I'll say that I prefer it to my SSA-E.  The SSA-E feels about 8 ounces lighter on the second stage (and that may be due to having ~1500 rounds though the gun it's on and probably twice that many dry fires), but I like everything else better on the MBT - the trigger bow is fantastic, the takeup is smoother with zero detectable stacking, the break is markedly more crisp than my SSA-E (it's every bit is good as the break on a friend's AIAW) and the over travel is practically non-existent.  I'm not sure I even have a criticism at this point - maybe it could be a half-pound lighter?  

And don't take any of the above as criticism of the SSA-E, either - it's been the best AR trigger I've ever used and I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  Separating the two triggers overall is splitting hairs, but there definitely are perceptible differences.  For the same money I'd buy another MBT-2S.  For $125?  I'm putting the fuckers on all the rifles that would benefit from that type trigger.

View Quote

I posted this in the other thread but it seems it would fit equally as well here.

And before anyone goes accusing me of being a LaRue fanboi or whatever new douchey term is being used, this trigger is going into an LMT lower with a KAC LPR upper.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

RRA 2 stage come in 4.5 lbs & the 3.5 varmit  trigger  my rra nm has only gotten smoother since I bought it in Oct 2004

but still is a very nice trigger I have not tried the 3.5 lbs yet, but since my ACOG mounted rra 2 stage shoots 1 MOA & has for 11 years why play around

I use to shoot Schultz & walther KKM rifles prone  I have found nothing in the AR market that nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.

The "purple spring" drops the ACT down to 4.5 pounds or so.  I haven't tested it with the trigger gauge to get hard numbers.  For $69 it's pretty good.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll continue to buy Geissele. Haven't tried the MBT, no plans to. I doubt there is enough improvement to overcome the distaste of having to buy from ML.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll continue to buy Geissele. Haven't tried the MBT, no plans to. I doubt there is enough improvement to overcome the distaste of having to buy from ML.
View Quote

LOL.  I like the way you roll.

I've never seen a picture of real life Mark.  I always feel he looks like the under the bridge troll from the movies.  His antics on this site are a real shame.  If he were just a little less full of himself I could probably buy some of his goods - but.....

I will say, competition is good for the end users.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Competition is great. I think we see better products and prices with it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I think ML is a great addition to this site and enjoy seeing his pride and confidence in his products.

I use a MBT with the heavy spring in my carbine and one with the standard spring in my SPR.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is old video from years back made by guys of your ilk ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fm5JcAPWT-g
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a picture of real life Mark.  I always feel he looks like the under the bridge troll from the movies.  His antics on this site are a real shame.  If he were just a little less full of himself I could probably buy some of his goods - but.....

A little disappointing.   I like the version in my head better .

Not what I expected.   You handled the question well.  I thought you might go "full retard" on them.

But to be honest if you toned down your rhetoric just a little and didn't shit on others you could be a better salesman and person.  Maybe post tech info in your own threads instead of throwing it in discussions about other manufacturers.  You'd appear a lot less douche .

Now I know you don't give a shit about my opinion but I offer it up for your own personal growth.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, talk about being a douchbag, who makes a video confronting someone about being a douchbag and then try's to rebuttal with "at least we're being honest to your face" when Mark doesn't give them the response they want?  Whether Mark talks shit to other manufacturers or not, I can tell you I've never experienced the same great quality of a product, customer service, fast shipping, and/or freebie items with any other order then I have with LaRUe.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Still patiently waiting on my MBT ordered 12/29.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you certainly look like a guy who likes his BBQ.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not what I expected.   You handled the question well.  I thought you might go "full retard" on them.

But to be honest if you toned down your rhetoric just a little and didn't shit on others you could be a better salesman and person.  Maybe post tech info in your own threads instead of throwing it in discussions about other manufacturers.  You'd appear a lot less douche .

Now I know you don't give a shit about my opinion but I offer it up for your own personal growth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My feels...  
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought another SSA-E this week. I've always had good results with Geissele products.

I would really like to get ahold of one of those LaRue triggers. I'm sure they are a high quality product as well.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I can honestly say in my honest  opinion  the LaRue  MBT is far superior
View Quote

Would you recommend one over the Geissele for persision shooting off a bench? Other than varmint hunting, I shoot of a bench most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I installed my MBT in my SPR, that same rifle did have a SSA-E.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can honestly say in my honest  opinion  the LaRue  MBT is far superior

Would you recommend one over the Geissele for persision shooting off a bench? Other than varmint hunting, I shoot of a bench most of the time.

I installed my MBT in my SPR, that same rifle did have a SSA-E.

Well, off to see how long I'll be waiting in line for one now! I have varmint style project I've been working on sporadically, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree, many great options out there. Competition is the American way, G will have to step their game to stay relevant.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I agree, many great options out there. Competition is the American way, G will have to step their game to stay relevant.
View Quote

LOL

They are a looooooooong way from being irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like my MBT should be here today..... It is here! It went in a nice little 308 I have

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm still waiting to hear 45 minutes of nutnfancy's thoughts on the MBT before I make a purchasing decision.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like my MBT should be here today..... It is here! It went in a nice little 308 I have  

<a href="http://s788.photobucket.com/user/jimmys120/media/7E65AC77-1469-4556-898C-E9312893B0C3_zpsjmo79fun.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/jimmys120/7E65AC77-1469-4556-898C-E9312893B0C3_zpsjmo79fun.jpg</a>
View Quote

How do you manage to put an mbus pro sight on backwards? Lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm in the midst of a building up a lower for a 300 BO SBR...

Not sure if I should go MBT or G...

I already have a couple of SD3G triggers in some of my rifles and like it quite a bit, and also have grown to pefer the flat trigger, but the MBT is less expensive...
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:02:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'm in the midst of a building up a lower for a 300 BO SBR...

Not sure if I should go MBT or G...

I already have a couple of SD3G triggers in some of my rifles and like it quite a bit, and also have grown to pefer the flat trigger, but the MBT is less expensive...
View Quote
I love my flat trigger SD-E.  If Mark puts one out with a flat bow, I may have to give it a shot.  Just don't tell anyone

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Until it goes single stage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never found them to be the best I still really like my RRA NM 2stage  at $70 a pop  for the coin I think the AR gold trigger is the best bang for the buck.

Until it goes single stage.

I forgot, when is that supposed to happen?

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:34:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Still the best
View Quote

Truth.

Geissele all the things.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't be fooled by the MBT price. Mark has stated he's improved production methods and wanted to pass the savings on to the shooters while he still made enough to purchase 3 new EDM machines.  Another trigger manufacturer has less production overhead, recouped all their R&D money, improved production rates and still keeps their prices high and even continue to raise prices because they know that some people assume that a higher price trigger is a better product. P.T. Barnum was right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought another SSA-E this week. I've always had good results with Geissele products.

I would really like to get ahold of one of those LaRue triggers. I'm sure they are a high quality product as well.  

Don't be fooled by the MBT price. Mark has stated he's improved production methods and wanted to pass the savings on to the shooters while he still made enough to purchase 3 new EDM machines.  Another trigger manufacturer has less production overhead, recouped all their R&D money, improved production rates and still keeps their prices high and even continue to raise prices because they know that some people assume that a higher price trigger is a better product. P.T. Barnum was right.

I read another post of yours where you imply you were employed by G up until 2014.  You an angry ex employee?

In my opinion there isn't much difference in price for an SSA or MBT. Mark is smart to offer the MBT at 125 for those who will wait.  He needs to cut the price to get into the market.  Sure his fangroup will buy whatever he makes but he probably wants more of the market share than that.  Why do you suppose he started jumping into all the G threads with his "Trigger war" nonsense?

Why would G lower thier price if the products are still selling?  Makes no business sense at all.  They have plenty of sales if you wait.

I do think Mark is on to something with his MBT though.  The repeatability on his graph in another thread appears impressive.  However,  he's no independent test group so I read his results with skepticism.  Because again, he's trying to get into the market. But like I said the graph was impressive.

Competition is great for the end users.  If Mark starts taking a huge chunk of the market G will need to step up thier game.  So, the end users win.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Almost 4 months.
ETA: Corrected.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tune in on April 4 and April 6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares when I will never own a select fire M4.

No faith in Nolo?

This hipsters says, I owned an SSF before they were cool.

Sorry but no I don't have faith in a Hail Mary like that ever happening.

Once a law is put in place it rarely (if ever) gets repealed unless it has a sunset clause.

Tune in on April 4 and April 6.

Nolo all the things!

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I want my MBT!
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are all adults. Stop bullshiting and name the manufacturer. Just say it. Passive aggressive, innuendo. No one will die you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We are all adults. Stop bullshiting and name the manufacturer. Just say it. Passive aggressive, innuendo. No one will die you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's pretty obvious he is talking about Geissele.

I have no problem with G charging more for their product even though it's cheaper to produce. It's theirs to set the price on.

I will of course spend money in a way that is most advantageous to myself, at this point it means more MBT's and fewer G's.

G does have options that Mark doesnt make. If you want s 4ms lock time he's the only game in town - and you have to pay to play.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Let me know when these other companies offer something like my Geissele Super Select-Fire.  Until then, Geissele is all I have as an aftermarket trigger.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have no problem with G charging more for their product even though it's cheaper to produce. It's theirs to set the price on.

I will of course spend money in a way that is most advantageous to myself, at this point it means more MBT's and fewer G's.

G does have options that Mark doesnt make. If you want s 4ms lock time he's the only game in town - and you have to pay to play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Bill sees a slowdown in the pipes,  I'm sure the prices will drop.  Pure speculation,  but I'm sure that was why some major dealers were selling Geissele gear for 15-30% off for three months.  Sales were getting low, so he offered incentives to dealers to stock up at a lower cost.  He had his own sale,  which I'm sure he didn't undercut dealer pricing on.  
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top