Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They should be single file when a car approaches from behind, of course this is just a snapshot in time.
The riders could have tried to make a single file line after the picture was taken, It can be tough to do with that many riders.

That rider that is pointing is trying to move over, this is what he is trying to tell the others behind him.
Chill out OP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we have them wearing civil war uniforms, and they were on their way to an abortion clinic?
View Quote

While listening to rap and having just eaten a strict Paleo breakfast.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Here in Madison WI, where the city is striving to be the most bike friendly city in the universe, where the bike paths are cleared of snow before the roads...
If you honk at bikers doing that, you might get reported to the police!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe you need to explain a little more.

Considering they are riding on what appears to be a neighborhood street, and wearing helmets with the wind making it hard to hear, they may not hear you stalking them.

A tap on the horn usually gets them to one side, allowing you to pass safely.

Or, they are just being dicks.

Your lack of info is staggering and one sided.

I'm going with this...

Here in Madison WI, where the city is striving to be the most bike friendly city in the universe, where the bike paths are cleared of snow before the roads...

What's the charge? Honking at assholes?
Fuck Madison.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I fucking hate those people
View Quote

Those idiots do that a lot here, most of the rural roads are narrow 2 lanes they will take up the entire lane and be stretched out enough making it hard to get by them. Also they don't stop at stop signs and go slow enough to piss you off oh and when there are bicycle lanes provided by the cities they dont use them, instead they take that lane plus the one next to it. And too boot not a single one is wearing anything remotely reflective or bright colored so you can see them before getting up too close.   There are only a few who have their heads on straight.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just as a point of clarification - almost ALL of the hate on arfcom for "cyclists" are for people on ROAD BIKES - and most of those "100s of miles of bike trails" are not suitable for road bikes.  There still are some excellent paved trails, but it's not that many.  When I added up the trails on your list, it's about 20 miles of asphalt.  The O&D trail is excellent (and connects to the Custis trail), but I don't see it mentioned.  

Don't get me wrong - I am not defending those who are inconsiderate assholes - but the suggestion of 100s of miles of trails for road bikers in Fairfax Co. is incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to be an avid cyclist, until riders like this pretty much ruined it for me and everyone else. Now everyone hates cyclists, and you know what? They've got good reason to.

They say it's for safety, but in reality it works in reverse. It's just like people doing the speed limit in the passing lane on the freeway. Pissing off everyone behind you does not make you safe.

I despise them even more when I know they came out of counties (like Fairfax Co. here in Virginia) that have 100s of miles of bike trails they could use. Yet everywhere you see those assholes parked you see Fairfax County stickers on their fag-mobiles.

Just look at all the places those filthy pieces of trash have to ride in Fairfax Co. alone.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/bikes2a.htm

But fuck no they think the bike trails they lobbied for are above them and they trek to "the country" to pester the locals. Fuck them.

I swear one evening I came around a curve on a country road after dove hunting and there was a couple of those pukes stopped in the fucking road talking!  After I swallowed my heart the best I could muster was just to flip them off.

Just as a point of clarification - almost ALL of the hate on arfcom for "cyclists" are for people on ROAD BIKES - and most of those "100s of miles of bike trails" are not suitable for road bikes.  There still are some excellent paved trails, but it's not that many.  When I added up the trails on your list, it's about 20 miles of asphalt.  The O&D trail is excellent (and connects to the Custis trail), but I don't see it mentioned.  

Don't get me wrong - I am not defending those who are inconsiderate assholes - but the suggestion of 100s of miles of trails for road bikers in Fairfax Co. is incorrect.

Road bikers....OK so now you are splitting hairs.

That's like saying you can't shoot your precision rife because your range is maxed-out at 100 yards and you need 600yards to wring it out. Well guess what, you go to a range you can wring it out on. You don't go find you a stretch of straight road to shoot down.

I suspect the ungrateful pricks have plenty of suitable trails between Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William counties so let them ride the bikes that are appropriate for the trails they lobbied for or find them another hobby.

Our fucking country roads are not bike friendly....And neither are the locals that encounter them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I fucking hate those people
View Quote

FPNI yet again!  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Look at the road beyond that sign, not much choice there.

Most places? Room to GTFO of the way. I know, I employ this technique a lot so I don't roll along slowing the world down like a self-important dick.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most places? Room to GTFO of the way. I know, I employ this technique a lot so I don't roll along slowing the world down like a self-important dick.

There are many of these signs in my area of Jacksonville.

I ride, but not like a prick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw the height of irony once. A gaggle of those spandex wearing fags stuck on a narrow country road behind a tractor/hay-bailer.

I really enjoyed following that mess. The fags finally gave up and stopped. When I got behind the hay-bailer he pulled over at the next driveway and waved me by.

Now that was some major Farmer John trolling.  
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I suspect the ungrateful pricks have plenty of suitable trails between Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William counties so let them ride the bikes that are appropriate for the trails they lobbied for or find them another hobby.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
There's some kind of weird inherent psychological thing with people and vehicles that turns them all into self centered assholes when operating said vehicles in a group. The two wheeled variant operators seem to be the worst when it comes to thinking it's their god given right to commandeer an entire roadway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
If want to ride safely and single file, maybe 2 abreast that's cool. It's been my experience that if there's more than 2 they'll act like dicks. I really do appreciate the ones that are cool about it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I suspect the ungrateful pricks have plenty of suitable trails between Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William counties so let them ride the bikes that are appropriate for the trails they lobbied for or find them another hobby.

See, you don't need a fancy bike to pass the spandex crowd.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

double yellow line. No passing zone.  Sounds like OP is the dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wha?

Your logic is nurple.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a bridge. Not a garden variety narrow road. I believe it is unwise to ride a bike on either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]
We are such a wealthy society that we allow 300 pound bicycle and rider to consume the resource of the roadway that was designed for 65,000 pound trucks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hate dickheads that "roll coal" but if ever there was a justification to do so, this would be it.
View Quote

no matter what EPA laws or rules are ever implemented to ban "rolling coal", this should be a valid legal exception.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ban bicycling on the street
View Quote

god, that would be heaven. I live in colorado, where every lance-wannabe aspires to live. they're out 9 months of the year in their little herds and they flip you off if you honk, but take up the entire lane of a two lane winding mountain road. if i ever find out I have 24 hours left to live . . .
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

so which one of the douche cyclists is you ?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your roads are shittier than ours
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your roads are shittier than ours

seeing those skinny delicate little road-bike tires makes me want to vote to pull funding from road care.
my 35" tires don't mind it, and I'm sure it's a deterrent for all but the most hard-core
lance wannabe's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Considering they are riding on what appears to be a neighborhood street, and wearing helmets with the wind making it hard to hear, they may not hear you stalking them.

View Quote

I have never. NEVER, I tell you :-)  had a honk on the horn result in ANYTHING
but the cyclists indicating that I'm number one with them. (colorado).
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#22]

i kindof felt bad for that cyclist. he wasn't doing anything wrong. :-(
dammit, I better get my estrogen checked.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck Madison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with this...

Fuck Madison.

77 square miles surrounded by reality

It's the land of the perpetually offended.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would ass hole them right back by doing a burnout in the left lane while I pass them.
View Quote

holy crap! what do you drive?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Agree wholeheartedly.

I love riding bicycles. However, I fully admit and understand that I am riding on roads engineered for cars and trucks, I am not on any equal footing as a vehicle nor do I pay fees, registration or insurance to lay claim to these roads. I'm not entitled to the road, I am a guest and can be a nuisance...so I look for little-traveled roads, stay far to the right, and ride solo so I am not a rolling roadblock for people making their living or trying to travel at a normal speed. I also obey all the traffic laws.

I much prefer a bike path to the road anyway, and will seek them out whenever possible. I'd much rather contend with a dog or stroller than a 6,000lb truck who doesn't see me.

Roadies can be the most selfish, passive-aggressive dickholes in society. The bigger the group, the more likely the asshole surfaces.
View Quote

because I know that the other cyclists here are going to web-rape you, let me take a moment to say how nice that is, what you said,
and that you seem like a really nice person. I hope this helps a little with what is coming.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cyclists are exactly like gays - they've become militant and middle-finger about their imagined "rights". They think they're superior beings, all fit and "green", and us motherfuckers in cars are just gonna have to settle down and wait for them. Cyclists figure: Don't like it? Fuck you.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
A bicycle was how I got around before I was old enough to drive.  I would spend about half of each day in the summer riding that damn thing.  Usually there were two or three of us on our way to someones house, a gas station, and it was never a few blocks away.  It was rural enough that the nearest gas station was easily five miles from my house.

SOMEHOW, even as a ten year old I managed to keep right, get the fuck out of the way of traffic, and keep my bike on the yellow damn line.

Amazing how a bunch of grown ups are dumber than a damn ten year old.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Get an SUV with a rear windshield wiper.

Fine tune the nozzle........
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Cyclists are the only reason I wish the wastegate on my truck was still open to the atmoshpere
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

no, people that bike like that are dicks. I ride all the time, single file
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.

no, people that bike like that are dicks. I ride all the time, single file

Same here. Another Arfcommer and I ride regularly and if there is any traffic at all, single file it is.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The bicycle riders need to pay taxes for the roads they use.

I pay every fucking time I fill up.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah because honking the horn would do a lot of good...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I see that shit almost every day.
View Quote

Yep. I live on an island and these dickheads think they own the road. Fuck road-biking; it's a goddamn snooze-fest.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

lel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Be glad they don't ride on the wrong side of the road. A lot of them do that here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm all in favor of this.

I've been to two fatal head on collisions caused by fucking retards like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that as "I was in two fatal head on collisions caused.."

Dam, they killed you TWICE.  RIF

If posters here are proud of their hate for bicyclists, please come to my neighborhood and honk and throw beer bottles at the wonderful disadvantaged urban youth gang members who pedal around my neighborhood on undersized children's bicycles.  Couldn't happen to nicer people.

At least get the right people.  Hippies aint it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would let they know you are behind them if they didn't already know it.

Sometimes you are so wrapped up in the ride, you don't notice what's behind you.

Climb out of your basement and shave some pounds off your ass and find out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There's some kind of weird inherent psychological thing with people and vehicles that turns them all into self centered assholes when operating said vehicles in a group. The two wheeled variant operators seem to be the worst when it comes to thinking it's their god given right to commandeer an entire roadway.
View Quote

I seem to remember YouTube videos of large groups of motorcyclists evading cops.  

What I really want to know is, are these cyclist rolling roadblockers LIBERALS.  That's the most relevant question.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I hate when they do that shit. Then curse you out if you drive around them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#41]
F350 dually Rollin coal usually gets them to move over. If you ride a bike in South Dakota on the road like that your gonna be found broken in a ditch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right, they don't give a fuck if someone gets killed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I should add that it's one thing if you don't have any wheels and have to ride a bike, but riding for sport is so damned dangerous.

It's dangerous for everyone invloved.

It would be different if we tax payers didn't provide so many trails and parks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

lel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lel.

I don't like the "I pay a tax, so you have to pay a tax," thinking. It is interesting though how roads are being redone at the cost of millions of dollars, and all they fucking do, is add a bike lane. And this is where the dip shit spandex queen will still ride in the road or on top of the white line. I pay taxes for a bike lane that some fucktard will block traffic with. Shouldn't the bikers pay for the bike lane?

I guess the same argument could be made for ADA compliancy in public right of way and privet sector. I get to pay increased taxes and consumer cost, so grandma can have a new pooper stall, truncaded domes, and building code law signage at the parking spots. I'm not sure how I'd weigh in there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Going with this.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Stay classy Arfcom.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top