Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Every time I see shit like that, in my head I'm thinking "bonus points".
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The biggest problem is the stupid mother fuckers that write the laws allowing cyclists to share the road with motorized vehicles. How anyone with two functioning brain cells can think this is a good idea simply amazes me.

Like so many other things.....just because its legal don't make it right.
View Quote

Maybe it is because the bike paths are congested with fat people walking their dogs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like they are riding through a neighborhood down a residential street. Is that your neighborhood? Chances are those are your neighbors.
View Quote

I live on a residential road and we have bicyclists up and down the roads all the time, really bad on weekends.

Just because the street is residential it would be foolish to assume the bicyclists live in that area.

There is a community college 1.7 miles from here and a bike shop 2 miles from here.

Both locations are staging area for road riding bicyclist clubs that come here from all over.

For the most part they are considerate .... but on occasion we have small groups who are asses.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Needs more rolling coal and air horns
View Quote

You know, I JUST watched this on France 24!  WTF is rolling coal and how is it done?

Fucking bicyclists are an amazing example of "special" and "entitled" faggotry.  They really and truly think they have the right to impede traffic in spite of posted speed limit signs.

ETA:  Wish OP would change title to "bicycle" vice "bike".  I was expecting a Harley doing the low wave...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote
Cyclists are a plague and should be exterminated like the plague they are.... except Keith_J. He may prove to be useful.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My drive to work is down a busy country road with a lot of blind curves and hills.  On a nice day you can count on the road being filled with bicycles.  I am afraid one day I will come over a hill, smear a cyclist and it will be all my fault.  Apparently cyclists come to that road because it was listed as a state bike route over 30 years ago.  The cyclists also like to park in our (full) church parking lot during Sunday service to unload their bikes and go ride, then they look at me like I am the asshole when I invite them to come in for service.
View Quote

You could have them towed if they are not there for service.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I do recall seeing one group of riders scatter all over the road as they came under fire .......

Seems a group of kids were playing paintball on an adjacent farm and their intended target was between them and the road.

Rounds were flying over the target towards the road and the bike riders were getting hit.

It truly was accidental ..... and funny as hell.

The kids rearranged their paintball range so that the road was not in the line of fire.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the very few times when it's entirely acceptable to roll coal.

Sidebar: Why do cyclists dress up like they're Lance Armstrong?  When I was racing cars, I didn't wear a firesuit that looked like Ayrton Senna's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sidebar: Why do cyclists dress up like they're Lance Armstrong?  When I was racing cars, I didn't wear a firesuit that looked like Ayrton Senna's.
View Quote

I kind of want a white one, with matching helmet. You know, Stig style.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I have heard stories of people opening the passenger side door as they go past bicyclists.
From what I hear, the result is pretty funny.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't.  Lance Armstrong dresses like a cyclist.  The clothes are way more comfortable and designed for performance.  
No one wants an abraded scrotum from saggy balls rubbing against sweaty, wadded up gym shorts and whitey tighties.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote

About as much as ARs are a menace

Now idiots that ride bikes.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote
Yeah, because bicycles are autonomous and can clog the roads without riders...

You sound like a typical gun grabber blaming an inanimate object.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have heard stories of people opening the passenger side door as they go past bicyclists.
From what I hear, the result is pretty funny.
View Quote

Yeah, if you want to do a few hundred dollars worth of damage to your car.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What I didn't get a picture of was them riding 4 abreast 1/4 mile BEFORE the "surface hazards".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit you quote the law that allows them to avoid surface hazards and photo them spreading out to avoid the two square holes cut in the pavement to access/repair water lines.  White jersey guy on the left is still pointing at them to warn his buddies as they fan out to avoid them (except that one poor dumb bastard who's standing up as he bounces through them).  Those holes are plenty big to blow out a bicycle tire if you hit them blind.

Looks like a shitty suburban road with so many patches and holes they can't ride in a straight line without damaging their bikes.  We have roads like that too.

What I didn't get a picture of was them riding 4 abreast 1/4 mile BEFORE the "surface hazards".

It appears that half the group successfully navigated the "hazard" anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote

You sound like most leftists I know.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Double yellow line, you could not legally pass them on that section of street if you wanted. You would be breaking the law if you did.

Looks like they are riding through a neighborhood down a residential street. Is that your neighborhood? Chances are those are your neighbors.

Assuming they were riding 15-20 mph, where were you in a big hurry to get to in your own vehicle?
View Quote

<Removed - play nice - T7>
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#18]
That's a perfect time to try out that old can of Fox Labs fog pattern
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It is not legal to pass a cyclist in a double yellow line street in Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double yellow line, you could not legally pass them on that section of street if you wanted. You would be breaking the law if you did.

Bullshit. If they were riding single file all the way to the right (like they're supposed to), he could legally pass them and stay in his lane.

I don't understand why some of you guys are defending what these assholes are doing.

That is a one lane road each way with a double yellow line. No passing when the lane has traffic.

If folks are going to start threads about others breaking laws, while they think that the same traffic laws do not apply to them, that makes them appear as hypocrites in my book.

I'm pretty damn sure you can legally pass a bicycle on a double yellow, if you stay in your lane.

And the bitching isn't about who's following the law or not. It's about a pack of assholes being assholes.

You must be oh so much fun at parties.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I ride, in the same neighborhood,  I wear bike shorts under regular basketball/gym shorts with a t-shirt and camelbak. I also ride as far right as I can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Nothing brings out the libertarians on ARF quite like a bicycle thread.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holy shit you quote the law that allows them to avoid surface hazards and photo them spreading out to avoid the two square holes cut in the pavement to access/repair water lines.  White jersey guy on the left is still pointing at them to warn his buddies as they fan out to avoid them (except that one poor dumb bastard who's standing up as he bounces through them).  Those holes are plenty big to blow out a bicycle tire if you hit them blind.

Looks like a shitty suburban road with so many patches and holes they can't ride in a straight line without damaging their bikes.  We have roads like that too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Florida Statute here.

5)(a) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride in the lane marked for bicycle use or, if no lane is marked for bicycle use, as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:
1. When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.
2. When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
3. When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition or potential conflict, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, turn lane, or substandard-width lane, which makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge or within a bicycle lane. For the purposes of this subsection, a “substandard-width lane” is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

http://www.imgur.com/vw6VIBi.png

Single File would work just fine in that situation.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#23]
One of us...One of us...One of us...

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is legal to pass on double yellow for an obstruction. I contend going 20+mph UNDER the posted speed limit makes you an obstruction. Same for the garbage truck tooling down the same road. I pass when safe to do so.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I was hauling a load of hay on a flatbed trailer a few summers ago and got caught behind three cyclist who wanted the whole lane at less than 10 mph. I waited a bit until I had a passing zone and as I was passing the one on the left slid to his left over the dotted line to try and block me.  I missed him with the extended mirror and dually fender but forgot the hay bales were hanging a bit over my trailer. Almost got all three when he got nailed.  It was not on purpose on my part, I didn't have room to move any farther over. If he had stayed put in the lane he would have been fine. I believe the rider's arrogance earned him some instant karma. He was fine in the end. No injury, no arrest and no dogs shot in the process.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They don't.  Lance Armstrong dresses like a cyclist.  The clothes are way more comfortable and designed for performance.  
No one wants an abraded scrotum from saggy balls rubbing against sweaty, wadded up gym shorts and whitey tighties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a dude riding a bicycle once all decked out in the skin-tight regalia.  Bike shirt, bike shorts, bike helmet, all covered in brand names like he was being sponsored by somebody really cool and exciting.  Bad thing was, he was about 300 pounds.  Belly fat galore.  Gunt hanging all out the bottom of the bike shirt.  Sweating like... well like fat guys sweat when they exercise hard.  I mean, props for exercising and doing his damndest to try and lose some of the weight.  Just wish he had done it a little less conspicuously...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Florida Statute here.

5)(a) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride in the lane marked for bicycle use or, if no lane is marked for bicycle use, as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:
1. When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.
2. When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
3. When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition or potential conflict, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, turn lane, or substandard-width lane, which makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge or within a bicycle lane. For the purposes of this subsection, a “substandard-width lane” is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.
View Quote

View Quote

Eh...looks like they're going around the craters in your shitty roads.  Life is too short to let stuff like this bother me personally.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
In town we have a huge population of drug addicts/village idiots who have to rely on bicycles for their transportation.  They generally steal one and will ride whatever they can scrounge.  It's always fun to see one of them tagging along with a group of serious cyclists.  The other day I saw this filthy bum riding a girls bike, ringing the bell, and leading a pack of highly embarrassed young folks on expensive road bikes.  Everyone was giving the bum the thumbs up because many times the cyclists around these parts are slow and inconsiderate swine.  I tried to get a video but couldn't dig my potato phone out in time.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I saw the height of irony once. A gaggle of those spandex wearing fags stuck on a narrow country road behind a tractor/hay-bailer.

I really enjoyed following that mess. The fags finally gave up and stopped. When I got behind the hay-bailer he pulled over at the next driveway and waved me by.

Now that was some major Farmer John trolling.  
View Quote

Damn, that would have been an epic video!  I ride occasionally but single file only and think those like pictured in the first post are major assholes.  I have had them ride in groups as large as 50 or more and are a major pain in the ass to pass safely.  Bunch of inconsiderate pricks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup - the number of people who are screaming for a "ban" (i.e. "it should be illegal") - or advocating violence towards someone that is temporarily inconveniencing or annoying them, really shows how much we love freedom and respect individual rights.

Are those guys (and many other cyclists) being total dicks?  Absolutely!

Honk at them, give them the finger and move on with your life.  They have neither broken your leg or picked your pocket.  

Btw, I'm a cyclist and I hate them more than you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing brings out the libertarians on ARF quite like a bicycle thread.  

Yup - the number of people who are screaming for a "ban" (i.e. "it should be illegal") - or advocating violence towards someone that is temporarily inconveniencing or annoying them, really shows how much we love freedom and respect individual rights.

Are those guys (and many other cyclists) being total dicks?  Absolutely!

Honk at them, give them the finger and move on with your life.  They have neither broken your leg or picked your pocket.  

Btw, I'm a cyclist and I hate them more than you.

I agree wholeheartedly with almost everything you just said, and I am a cyclist too.
That being said...

Time is the one thing in my life that I cannot make more of. When my time is up, it's up. Idiots like that steal a piece of time from my life due to their own selfishness.

You may say hey, it's only a minute, but when you add it up over the years, it comes out to a considerable amount of time wasted by inconsiderate morons.

Just my 2 cents about them not picking my pocket.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think anyone has any trouble with people wearing properly fitting cycling clothing. The question is what is with all the crazy liveries from the pro race teams that everyone runs. I too have a proper fire suit and SA rated helmet for automotive racing, as do many of my friends. They are all plain jane with no crazy sponsor logos that aren't actually paying me anything all over.

Smells like poseur behavior to me...

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I f'in hate byciclists. I was turning right once on a green and one flew through a red light, I had to slam on my breaks to avoid running him over. My window happened to be rolled down and this asshole has the nerve to yell "share the road!" As he flies through a red light.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
fucking roadies..
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Eh...looks like they're going around the craters in your shitty roads.  Life is too short to let stuff like this bother me personally.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Florida Statute here.

Eh, life's too short to waste it stuck behind assholes like that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I don't think anyone has any trouble with people wearing properly fitting cycling clothing. The question is what is with all the crazy liveries from the pro race teams that everyone runs. I too have a proper fire suit and SA rated helmet for automotive racing, as do many of my friends. They are all plain jane with no crazy sponsor logos that aren't actually paying me anything all over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The clothing does make a difference.  It's just part of the proper equipment for the sport.  I use good gun leather.  My Judo Gi is high quality.  All my guitars and stuff are good quality and properly set up, mostly pro quality or not very far off the mark.  Shoot, I even use a Lowe Pro camera bag when we travel.  Nobody gets butt hurt over how I am dressed or equipped so why should I get butt hurt out of some guy riding a bike?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I LOVE AR15.COM BICYCLE THREADS

I am an occasional cyclist and I drive a Big Black 4X4 Ford.  I hate myself
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We get a good number of them here in St. Augustine, but I've yet to have any of them act like idiots.  I usually give them a wide berth when passing.  I have more issues with tourists driving 10+ miles an hour under the speed limit in a 25mph zone so they can site see without parking/walking.
View Quote

True this.
I see plenty of drivers being idiots too but some bikers take it to extremes then get all pissed off when you call them on their dickish behavior.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I used to be an avid cyclist, until riders like this pretty much ruined it for me and everyone else. Now everyone hates cyclists, and you know what? They've got good reason to.

They say it's for safety, but in reality it works in reverse. It's just like people doing the speed limit in the passing lane on the freeway. Pissing off everyone behind you does not make you safe.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The clothing does make a difference.  It's just part of the proper equipment for the sport.  I use good gun leather.  My Judo Gi is high quality.  All my guitars and stuff are good quality and properly set up, mostly pro quality or not very far off the mark.  Shoot, I even use a Lowe Pro camera bag when we travel.  Nobody gets butt hurt over how I am dressed or equipped so why should I get butt hurt out of some guy riding a bike?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, but I don't go out of my way to try and be something I'm not.
When I picked up my latest bike (previous one was stolen out of my garage) I found a Cannondale 29er that I liked, They had a very cool burnt orange one and a white one.
The sales dude was pushing me towards the white one cause it's the color all the "tour" racers ride.
I pointed to my not so perfect body and told him I have no pretentious to emulate the experts, I just want some fun exercise, give me the one I want!
Color me crazy.... (people comment on how cool my non-white bike looks too)
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

no, people that bike like that are dicks. I ride all the time, single file
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bicycles are a menace.

no, people that bike like that are dicks. I ride all the time, single file
Ditto... well, i don't ride all the time, but when I do, I stay out of the way of traffic.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading comprehension > you.

I don't care about the gear, even nice gear. I promise my fire suit costs far more than your silly fully body condom. My hangup is on covering yourself with professional race team logos and sponsor logos like you're trying to pull away from the peloton on your way to earning a yellow shirt at The Tour.

ETA: I'm mostly just handing out shit to the fanbois. I give the autoracers I hang out with mounds of shit for showing up with faux-pro liveries and logos too

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe you need to explain a little more.

Considering they are riding on what appears to be a neighborhood street, and wearing helmets with the wind making it hard to hear, they may not hear you stalking them.

A tap on the horn usually gets them to one side, allowing you to pass safely.

Or, they are just being dicks.

Your lack of info is staggering and one sided.
View Quote

Also there is in fact a huge surface hazard which is what the rider is pointing out. (although I don't know why the riders on the right chose to plow through it)
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.
View Quote

Propagated by fucking communists.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I saw a dude riding a bicycle once all decked out in the skin-tight regalia.  Bike shirt, bike shorts, bike helmet, all covered in brand names like he was being sponsored by somebody really cool and exciting.  Bad thing was, he was about 300 pounds.  Belly fat galore.  Gunt hanging all out the bottom of the bike shirt.  Sweating like... well like fat guys sweat when they exercise hard.  I mean, props for exercising and doing his damndest to try and lose some of the weight.  Just wish he had done it a little less conspicuously...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally agree.  I saw this one guy once driving a big ass dually Dodge diesel that was immaculate.  It was obvious that guy didn't ever pull anything and it never saw a work site.  I LOL'd so hard at him pretending to be a "hard working ranch hand".
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bicycles are a menace.

Communists fuck?
No wonder there's so freaking many of them...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I rode a bike for a short while until it was stolen. I was nearly hit twice in a week, because people thinking they could squeeze passed me. Riding in the middle of the lane was much more safe.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I rode a bike for a short while until it was stolen. I was nearly hit twice in a week, because people thinking they could squeeze passed me. Riding in the middle of the lane was much more safe.
View Quote

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top