Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a stench of treason in all of this ISIS business.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To try and put an optimistic spin on this, the part in bold is good.  If they use a stinger anything like they use an AK, God won't be willing down any airliners any time soon.  Sights?  Western decadence!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen literally hundreds of stingers fired. The training to become proficient, is not that difficult... but one does need to follow a sequence of events that are extremely critical to the weapons effectiveness.

To try and put an optimistic spin on this, the part in bold is good.  If they use a stinger anything like they use an AK, God won't be willing down any airliners any time soon.  Sights?  Western decadence!

Its not that complicated, 1 guy who has read the manual could teach 10 guys in 5 min.

There are two kinds of terrorist, Mr. Smarty Pants, and Cannon Fodder.  While Cannon Fodder heavily represents their ranks, Smarty Pants is far from a lone master mind.  Not to mention a good number of them are Syrian Army defectors, who have been trained to use this all of this stuff.

There is a reason they rolled through Iraq in a few days, they have +3 years of experience in Syria.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There is a reason they rolled through Iraq in a few days, they have +3 years of experience in Syria.
View Quote

Well, that plus the fact that they were largely unopposed except at the airfield where the American contractors were trying to leave.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey you guys do realize that Iraq probably had all of the materials needed to maintain these missile too, right?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its not that complicated, 1 guy who has read the manual could teach 10 guys in 5 min.

There are two kinds of terrorist, Mr. Smarty Pants, and Cannon Fodder.  While Cannon Fodder heavily represents their ranks, Smarty Pants is far from a lone master mind.  Not to mention a good number of them are Syrian Army defectors, who have been trained to use this all of this stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen literally hundreds of stingers fired. The training to become proficient, is not that difficult... but one does need to follow a sequence of events that are extremely critical to the weapons effectiveness.

True & to be a Stinger Gunner you only need a GT score of 90+
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey you guys do realize that Iraq probably had all of the materials needed to maintain these missile too, right?

View Quote

There really is no maintenance... these are fire & forget. You pull it out of the box, power it up, fire it,  drop it like its hot & then run away from the smoke signal pointing to your location
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Most commercial airliners have flares, right?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why the fuck did we give the Iraqi's STINGERS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

maybe it's one of those deals where it's too expensive to ship them back to the US

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If by "flares" you mean some flaming homosexual flight attendants, then yes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
More likely, these are the Stingers and MANPADS that Obama and Hillary shipped to them in Syria from Benghazi.   I've been waiting for them to show up.  The administration is grasping the story that ISIS got them from the Iraqis in a desperate attempt to keep the truth suppressed.
View Quote

wouldn't surprise me in the least

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand there are quite a few.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know the answer to that, but Stinger (Post) , (RMP), (Block I ) can discriminate. (hard to decoy).  God help those who are targeted within its effective range.

There is a reason why we should not give these to other countries....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Can they post some pictars on Instagram of them using the Stingers? I get all my news from Instagram now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#14]
ISIS is seen as a threat to everyone.  The Russians, Chinese, Iranians, Syrians, Turkish, Saudis, and the Gulf Arabs all want to contain ISIS.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know how accurate the report was but this morning fox had a military guy on who said that the stingers had the ability to defeat any countermeasures given off by aircraft either commercial or military.  He said a commercial air liner didn't stand a chance against one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't know how accurate the report was but this morning fox had a military guy on who said that the stingers had the ability to defeat any countermeasures given off by aircraft either commercial or military.  He said a commercial air liner didn't stand a chance against one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldnt say "Any" But, they are not on every commercial airline
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stinger range ~3 miles. A commercial airliner's cruising altitude is 35,000 ft (6.6 miles).

So I guess it's only reasonable to make everything within a 50 mile diameter of an airport a constitution free zone to protect us from the government's foreign policy fuck ups.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

Russia is allied with Assad in Syria, and the Iranians are allied with the Shiite government in Iraq. Both countries are the enemy of ISIS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck............

How long until ISIS captures some of the M1A1M Abrams we were retarded enough to give the Iraqis and sells them so Russia and Iran?

Not sure if serious.

Russia is allied with Assad in Syria, and the Iranians are allied with the Shiite government in Iraq. Both countries are the enemy of ISIS.

Geopolitics.....hard stuff....really it is...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Exactly-Why the fuck did the Iraqi Army need Stingers in the first place? They don't have any need to shoot down airplanes.

Something smells fishy..... Like: OMG The terrorists have our Stingers, we have to invade before they get used in Kansas!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would we give Iraq stingers to fight insurgents?

Exactly-Why the fuck did the Iraqi Army need Stingers in the first place? They don't have any need to shoot down airplanes.

Something smells fishy..... Like: OMG The terrorists have our Stingers, we have to invade before they get used in Kansas!

Not that I agree with it...or even know if we actually did give them Stingers (we probably didn't)...but there's this little country next door to Iraq called Iran...and the two have a nasty history of getting into conflicts.  Iran has a decent airforce by middle eastern standards....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#21]
We should have NEVER entrusted an "army" with two left feet and fucking ugly boots with munitions like Stingers. Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Shooting ourselves in the foot AGAIN.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Their new HQ for ISIS will be the US embassy which we made sure to build strong as hell to withstand bombs.

http://rasica.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6-us-embassy-baghdad.jpg

View Quote

- it needs about 140 million in repairs so we better get started on that right away
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ISIS is seen as a threat to everyone.  The Russians, Chinese, Iranians, Syrians, Turkish, Saudis, and the Gulf Arabs all want to contain ISIS.
View Quote

I hope this for the simple fact of it would be cool as shit to see the worlds super powers just completely unleash on these haji's and essentially lay waste to all in their path but I am sure there is way more shadow wars at work that would effect it much more than the joint hate for someone killing everyone
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
I suppose you mean flares used as counter-measures for missiles?

No.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#27]
All going according to plan. Carry on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#28]
What irritates me the most is that this and all the other scandals are being covered up by the 4th Estate.  Those fuckers will be the undoing of our Constitution.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They will blame it on the tea party.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how long until a commercial airliner is taken out by one?
They will blame it on the tea party.  

and Bush.. Don't forget to throw Bush in there...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Either idiots or enemies within.  

I tend to think the latter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was no reason for us to give Iraq Stingers.  If we had a status of forces agreement in place we could have agreed to maintain a stockpile of Stingers on our facilities that we would share if the situation warranted it.  Barring a status of forces agreement, there was no reason to leave those weapon in Iraqi hands whatsoever.

Jeeze, who's making these decisions?

Either idiots or enemies within.  

I tend to think the latter.

Yep.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I'm sure Air Force 1 carries a full complement of chaff, flares, and an ECM system.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Team Obama, A.K.A Amateur Treason Hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was no reason for us to give Iraq Stingers.  If we had a status of forces agreement in place we could have agreed to maintain a stockpile of Stingers on our facilities that we would share if the situation warranted it.  Barring a status of forces agreement, there was no reason to leave those weapon in Iraqi hands whatsoever.

Jeeze, who's making these decisions?

Team Obama, A.K.A Amateur Treason Hour.

Fixed.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How long do the batteries last?
View Quote

I think they are chemical "batteries" that are activated right before firing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to start listening to Alex Jones

Fuck this shit.  

None of this is by accident
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know the answer to that, but Stinger (Post) , (RMP), (Block I ) can discriminate. (hard to decoy).  God help those who are targeted within its effective range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newer stingers are deadly. Flares will not help. they won't fool the new stingers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Newer stingers are deadly. Flares will not help. they won't fool the new stingers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there isnt a "New" Stinger... they have been the same since the introduction of RMP (reprogramable micro processor) (early 90's). Block I adds a few upgrades both hardware and software, but didnt really improve upon its lethality. I highly doubt we would have given them Block I's...
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:43:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You cannot just pick up a stinger and fire it at an airplane and expect to hit it, certain steps must be followed to acquire a "lock". also there are 3 batteries with each missile
View Quote

+1

That and the advanced Stingers won't target US .mil aircraft, it's circuitry knows if its targeting a Apache vs. a Mi-24.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:52:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:56:39 AM EDT
[#39]
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/01/06/us-to-ramp-up-arms-deliveries-to-iraq.html

"In August, (last year) another $2.4 billion deal with Iraq was announced for the additional sale of arms including 681 Stinger anti-aircraft missiles..."
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Rarely has one man fucked up so badly at the expense of so many.

-Paraphrase of Dick Cheney in WSJ this morning.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Be nice to Eldest Son a sizable quantity of those.
View Quote

would make for great youtubes
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Let's give them a nuclear sub and some F35 crap, mor funner.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Make them nuke themselves!

Voila!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1

That and the advanced Stingers won't target US .mil aircraft, it's circuitry knows if its targeting a Apache vs. a Mi-24.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You cannot just pick up a stinger and fire it at an airplane and expect to hit it, certain steps must be followed to acquire a "lock". also there are 3 batteries with each missile

+1

I've heard that before. Still not sure I believe it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Be nice to Eldest Son a sizable quantity of those.

That would be THE SHIT. Unfortunately we've become the nation that tracks down, arrests, and imprisons terrorists instead of killing them wholesale.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

That's utter bullshit, The weapon does not know what it's source is.... What's your source??
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Lol, No.

The only "advanced targeting circuity" is between the ears of the guy holding the tube.  You can shoot a stinger at whatever you'd like: aircraft, cars, hillsides at 29 Palms, etc - whatever it will lock onto.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top