Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Typically, the LGBT community supports the idea that "gayness" is a matter of nature, one is born that way.  This causes hissy fits here in Guys' Drama. Now comes a member of the LGBT community who posits that "gayness" is a matter of choice.  This causes hissy fits here in Guys' Drama.  When the furor dies down in this thread, the mob will return here to further opine that conservatives positions on social isssues are derived logically.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Typically, the LGBT community supports the idea that "gayness" is a matter of nature, one is born that way.  This causes hissy fits here in Guys' Drama. Now comes a member of the LGBT community who posits that "gayness" is a matter of choice.  This causes hissy fits here in Guys' Drama.  When the furor dies down in this thread, the mob will return here to further opine that conservatives positions on social isssues are derived logically.
View Quote

As I stated in my post, I think there are genetics , environmental, and choice at play. I don't think it's a one or the other thing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
This might be the most appropriate thread for the following meme...

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
if they are born that way it is a birth defect with a cause and a probable cure, if its a choice then no special civil rights.  tough huh
View Quote

If it is genetic it may not be "curable."  Furthermore, whether it is a "defect" is a matter of opinion.  For instance, is red hair a "defect" and curable?

What "special civil rights" are gays asking for?

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As I stated in my post, I think there are genetics , environmental, and choice at play. I don't think it's a one or the other thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems reasonable to me, but then I don't look for one-size-fits-all, bumper sticker explanations for complex psychosocial phenomena.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is this even an issue? Who cares how other people get their rocks off. As long as they are not hurting others to do it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
different cultures have a panoply of understandings of sex, gender, and desire specific to their own worldviews
View Quote

When you're with the Flintstones, have a yabba dabba doo time.
A dabba doo time. We'll have a gay old time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If it's only 150 years, how do they explain the Biblical references that are thousands of years old, and the references to it in Indian culture and Chinese culture dating back ten thousand years ?
View Quote
Sodomy has been around as a sexual perversion 'forever'. The concept of being born 'gay' seems to be the most recent reason/excuse/justification for it per the article.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is this even an issue? Who cares how other people get their rocks off. As long as they are not hurting others to do it.

View Quote

I want to be the first to welcome you back from your coma.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
THE JOOOOOOS!!!! Shit, wrong thread. I meant THE GAAAAAAAYZ!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
It sounds like the "historians" are generalizing as well. There was a tremendous amount of difference between standards of Sparta, Athens, Thebes, etc.

I think the fact that the Sacred Band is never discussed on here is interesting; considering how obsessed most of the members are with gay things..
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's only 150 years, how do they explain the Biblical references that are thousands of years old, and the references to it in Indian culture and Chinese culture dating back ten thousand years ?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Filip_II_Macedonia.jpg/640px-Filip_II_Macedonia.jpg

This guy obviously got his flat nose from giving too many bjs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's interesting that homosexuality is one of the few areas where liberals are ready to credit genetics. When it comes to proclivity to criminality or intelligence, they scream bloody murder if you suggest a genetic component.
View Quote

I've always wondered how a gay gene could be passed on.......

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It sounds like the "historians" are generalizing as well. There was a tremendous amount of difference between standards of Sparta, Athens, Thebes, etc.

I think the fact that the Sacred Band is never discussed on here is interesting; considering how obsessed most of the members are with gay things..
View Quote

The argument the article was making is that people who engaged in homosexual behavior were not labelled as "gay" and placed into a separate social group.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If it is genetic it may not be "curable."  Furthermore, whether it is a "defect" is a matter of opinion.  For instance, is red hair a "defect" and curable?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if they are born that way it is a birth defect with a cause and a probable cure, if its a choice then no special civil rights.  tough huh

Red Hair helps people uptake vitimin D from the sun. This is a genetic trait that evolved in neanderthals as they moved into northern europe. They also evolved with blue, Gray and green eyes as a result of months of darkness in the far north as blue green or grey eyes capture more light than brown or black.

What is the genetic benifit of a wang in the tookus instead of having children and passing on DNA which is the sole purpose of all life on planet earth? I could see sex between guys as a means for bonding, but that would ultimately aid in feeding and taking care of child.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's interesting that homosexuality is one of the few areas where liberals are ready to credit genetics. When it comes to proclivity to criminality or intelligence, they scream bloody murder if you suggest a genetic component.

You don't understand genetics, do you?

Hint - It's not all dominant...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:38:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
PS: I have nothing against being gay. I do however don't think it's acceptable to define your lifestyle on what type of sex you engage in ... hopefully your life has more important things than that.
View Quote

Which, according to the article, is a relatively recent (and Western) phenomenon.  

Nobody just wants to be a regular ol dude/girl.  People want an identity that makes them "speshul".
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Homosexuality is a defect strictly from a Darwinian perspective. Cry about it all you want you liberals.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I don't understand it.  I have a general idea of genetics, but the details I learned thirty years ago in HS didn't stick. It wasn't something that I used or thought about from day to day. When I did think about it (with my limited retained knowledge) I figured that without reinforcement, recessive genes would have died out. (shrug)

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like the Greeks didn't use mean, divisive labels like pedophile either.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I guess I don't understand it.  I have a general idea of genetics, but the details I learned thirty years ago in HS didn't stick. It wasn't something that I used or thought about from day to day. When I did think about it (with my limited retained knowledge) I figured that without reinforcement, recessive genes would have died out. (shrug)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a gay uncle that got hitched and had two kids before he came out.  Being gay apparently doesn't mean you can't reproduce.  Talk to the Afghanis about man love Thursdays.

They suck dick and still have kids from the looks of it.

I think human sexuality is probably a lot less bipolar than the labels gay and straight would make us think.  Look at the thai lady boy phenomenon for evidence.  Apparently there are more than a few dudes who don't mind a little bit of cock with their titties.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:08:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sounds like the Greeks didn't use mean, divisive labels like pedophile either.
View Quote

So if everybody is a pervert, nobody is?   Scary thought of the day.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have a gay uncle that got hitched and had two kids before he came out.  Being gay apparently doesn't mean you can't reproduce.  Talk to the Afghanis about man love Thursdays.

I think human sexuality is probably a lot less bipolar than the labels gay and straight would make us think.  Look at the thai lady boy phenomenon for evidence.  Apparently there are more than a few dudes who don't mind a little bit of cock with their titties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh good lord.  Don't let GD think about a sexual continuum...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Much epic butthurt in this thread. Lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Oh, look. Another one of these threads!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yeah, all that stuff about the ancient Greeks and their homosexual antics... Untrue.

The mosaics in roman bathhouses depicting gay stuff?  The devil put it there.

These "historians" are morons with an agenda obviously.
View Quote
Yeah, I didn't read that shit either.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#29]
The identity-politics of the matter are a relatively modern issue.  Other cultures had developed third gender roles, rationalizations for the behavior, or condemnation, depending on the prevailing needs of the time.

What neither side wants to discuss is the notion of a sexuality spectrum, wherein there is no absolute heterosexuality or homosexuality, which explains the differing reactions and roles of various behaviors.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking FPNI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More proof that at least half the members on this site spends all their waking time obsessing about gays.

Way more time than even a gay dude who is in a gay marriage and owns a gay bar where other gays come and talk about gay everything.

You know, fuck it, this place just needs to change its name to GayR15.com and be done with it.

Fucking FPNI

Hell, the only time that I really think about the gay is when one of these topics comes up, or I'm forced to ask my partner to help me pick out "nice goin' out in public clothes" from my collection of wifebeaters and oil stained jeans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To an extent,  I agree. You can always change your mind.
Heterosexuality is a default setting.   You can always go back if you want.
View Quote

How? I would like to know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Reading is for faggots.  That's why nobody does it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It appears that most read nothing but the thread title and got their feelings hurt.

Reading only appeared in Western Culture in the last 150 years?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
More proof that at least half the members on this site spends all their waking time obsessing about gays.

Way more time than even a gay dude who is in a gay marriage and owns a gay bar where other gays come and talk about gay everything.

You know, fuck it, this place just needs to change its name to GayR15.com and be done with it.
View Quote

True and funny! A winning combination.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best post of the day!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It appears that most read nothing but the thread title and got their feelings hurt.

Nope the faggots stole the reading.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The article said the sociologists/ anthropologists doing the research were predominantly gay by a wide margin. Don't care if someone is gay. Do care when it empowers them to seek more privilege because of their sexual preferences. Just another special interest group lobbying for more special privilege above the average citizen.

So the agenda, it brings questions...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, all that stuff about the ancient Greeks and their homosexual antics... Untrue.

Only gays can have an agenda

The article said the sociologists/ anthropologists doing the research were predominantly gay by a wide margin. Don't care if someone is gay. Do care when it empowers them to seek more privilege because of their sexual preferences. Just another special interest group lobbying for more special privilege above the average citizen.

So the agenda, it brings questions...

There is truth in that observation.  Many well known figures in anthropology are homosexual.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#38]
The world needs more Gay liberals. Maybe democrats will die off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

True and funny! A winning combination.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Give me yo wallet.. and those awesome shoes, OMG!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
90% of Gays and Lesbians Vote for Barack Obama and Helped the President Win Close Election
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gaysouthflorida/2012/11/poll-90-percent-of-gays-lesbians-voted-for-obama.html
View Quote

Of course they fucking did. Why wouldn't they?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
90% of Gays and Lesbians Vote for Barack Obama and Helped the President Win Close Election
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gaysouthflorida/2012/11/poll-90-percent-of-gays-lesbians-voted-for-obama.html

A depressing fact. Thankfully none of the gays that we associate with voted for the fuckstain.. but most of them simply didn't vote, rather than vote R. We have converted a few of them, however.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Plus1
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reading is for faggots.

Murica!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was under the impression that the Greeks invented sex and the Romans introduced the concept to women!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

whats this sodom & Gomorrah you speak of......
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI to the maximum overdrive.

The ultra conservative neckbeards that obsess over homos and abortion are quite odd. They are gayer than the gays they obsess over.

On topic:

I don't care if someone is gay, but I don't think anyone is born that way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top