Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys that bait 'hunt' sure are a funny bunch...

I didn't say anything about the shot placement. Sucking chest wounds are no fun for animal or man, but shit happens.

However, the method used is what I have a problem with.

It ain't hunting if you are sitting on your ass waiting.....

And no, I've never been hunting.

I don't need to at this juncture of my life.

However, I would like to actually hunt, vice bait and wait.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn, I've never seen such a load of pussy-whining in my life.

Any of you cock-gobblers hunt?  Every shot ANYTHING that was actually alive?  

Stop watching so many movies and go actually hunt and kill something.  Anything.  (any mammal or bird actually).  

You homos will see that they don't just calmly lay down and close their eyes, happy to go off into a peaceful "sleep."  

Death is painful, and violent, no matter how it comes.  

Both hogs do down and stop thrashing and fighting pretty quick.  Both were dead before they hit the ground.  So I guess the red mist coming out the side of the second hog was it's spirit leaving? DOn't think so........if you are breathing, you are living.

I've seen elk take a heart shot and run 500 yards into the thickest, nastiest shit imaginable before they finally died.  

Go hunt or shut up.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You obviously don't understand the way animals die.  Those hogs were dead when they hit the ground.

When you have shot hogs in the numbers that myself, and other hunters, have...then you can tell me about the need for a 'kill shot'.

Once they hit the ground, they are done.  Any more shooting is jeopardizing your meat potential.  Both from the hog you killed, and as you see in the video, from the remainder of the confused pack.

You do hunt hogs, right?

You have seen plenty of them shot, in real life, right?

You are not just spouting crap, right?

TRG

Right... so if I shoot you or anyone else, and you hit the ground, you are considered dead once you hit the ground? Riiight. I thought not.

I am not arguing that they weren't kill shots-- I am saying its cruel. The video proves it

Its obvious from the video, and the way the video was made, that the intent was to show the animal suffering. (see how they tell you to wait for more...)

I have been varmint hunting before, many rabbits were shot, including a skunk. Pigs couldn't be found that day. I always made it a point to put them out of their misery ASAP. A kill shot would usually stop them. Others that were with us would not, but I would do it for them. No sense in letting them suffer.

You don't have to hunt hogs to know how an animal suffers.

And no, I am not spouting off crap. Sounds like you guys are being cruel.

Hunting is one thing, being cruel is another. Who cares if a little meat is ruined?

I know you hunt to exterminate and for food. When you hunt to exterminate do you issue a kill shot in situations like this? or do you let them suffer? You aren't keeping the meat, so what do you do?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You want to come down here and beat us pussies up side our heads with our own guns and you have never been hunting.

LMAO

You have zero credibility......I had stalked more game by the time I was 12 years old(that was my first wild hog kill) than you have in your entire life, yet you THINK you know what hunting is.

LMAO again
I have 30 years of hunting experience in case you are wondering.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unbelieveable.

You don't hunt.  you have never killed a hog.  you have never dressed your own meat.  you have no clue what an animal really does when shot. you have no idea the effect of a single shot on a pack of hogs.

But....

You can dismiss all of this information, from real hunters, out of hand?

Unbelieveable.

TRG

lies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh aren't you the smart one... You've obviously never hunted hogs. You don't go walking around when a pack of them is nearby (at least not only armed with a bolt action). They charge. And the big ones have tusks strong enough to chew through 4x4 fence posts. I would have waited a bit too for the others to wander off before collecting my food.

And how the fuck does that prevent them from following up with a kill shot, oh smart one?

What is up with this "kill shot" you keep talking about? It was obvious he shot it in the lungs so it was down for the count.

yeah, he will eventually die, but he's still alive. And also the vide is cut, so who knows how long that 1st pig suffered.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh aren't you the smart one... You've obviously never hunted hogs. You don't go walking around when a pack of them is nearby (at least not only armed with a bolt action). They charge. And the big ones have tusks strong enough to chew through 4x4 fence posts. I would have waited a bit too for the others to wander off before collecting my food.

And how the fuck does that prevent them from following up with a kill shot, oh smart one?

YOU dont understand...they were kill shots.  No follow up was needed.  You think after a  second shot, the hog would of just lied still, lights out?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know you hunt to exterminate and for food. When you hunt to exterminate do you issue a kill shot in situations like this? or do you let them suffer? You aren't keeping the meat, so what do you do?

That sounds good on paper but you do understand that once a bullet hits an animal it can be unpredictable right ?. Bone and muscle can make them travel through and exit in about a million different ways and directions. There is no such thing as a 100% effective instant "kill shot".
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Right... so if I shoot you or anyone else, and you hit the ground, you are considered dead once you hit the ground? Riiight. I thought not.

I am not arguing that they weren't kill shots-- I am saying its cruel. The video proves it

Its obvious from the video, and the way the video was made, that the intent was to show the animal suffering. (see how they tell you to wait for more...)

I have been varmint hunting before, many rabbits were shot, including a skunk. Pigs couldn't be found that day. I always made it a point to put them out of their misery ASAP. A kill shot would usually stop them. Others that were with us would not, but I would do it for them. No sense in letting them suffer.

Hunting is one thing, being cruel is another. Who cares if a little meat is ruined?

Again another nonhunter talking like he KNOWS.

Dude give it up. Those were AWESOME shots. They were not cruel. They dropped the pigs in their tracks and you could not of asked for more.

I would not have done a follow up shot either. There was no need. Those pigs were dead as fried chicken.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude give it up. Those were AWESOME shots. They were not cruel. They dropped the pigs in their tracks and you could not of asked for more.

I would not have done a follow up shot either. There was no need. Those pigs were dead as fried chicken.

again, you cannot read. I've hunted before. Get a clue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

again, you cannot read. I've hunted before. Get a clue.

You went rabbit hunting dude.

Go pig hunting and come back here and spout that drivel.

Those who go and do have a different opinion than you and your varmint hunting experience.

You are not understanding how hard it is to drop those animals like this hunter did.

It DOES NOT happen like that often.

Ya know, now that I think about this, I almost exclusively bowhunt......how do you feel about bowhunters if you think those kills were not humane?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Is fucking PETA.com down or some shit.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, what was the rifle that did a number to that hog?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there are pleanty of hunters in California.

But not many spellers.

HAHA, theliberating1 isn't in Cali, he's in MT.

Oh nevermind, I see where you're posting from... poor reading comprehension.

Homer voice: DOH!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You obviously don't understand the way animals die.  Those hogs were dead when they hit the ground.

When you have shot hogs in the numbers that myself, and other hunters, have...then you can tell me about the need for a 'kill shot'.

Once they hit the ground, they are done.  Any more shooting is jeopardizing your meat potential.  Both from the hog you killed, and as you see in the video, from the remainder of the confused pack.

You do hunt hogs, right?

You have seen plenty of them shot, in real life, right?

You are not just spouting crap, right?

TRG

Obviously you have never seen an animal lay on the ground and twitch violently after a head shot.

There is no such thing as a shot that causes an animal to lay down and calmly die.  Very very rarely will you shoot an animal and have it drop where it stands and not move a muscle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want to come down here and beat us pussies up side our heads with our own guns and you have never been hunting.

LMAO

You have zero credibility......I had stalked more game by the time I was 12 years old(that was my first wild hog kill) than you have in your entire life, yet you THINK you know what hunting is.

LMAO again

Whaa... So the fuck what if I've never been hunting. THat doesn't mean that I don't know baiting when I see it, which is what this was.

Cry me a river for calling a spade a spade.

Bait and sit is just that. It isn't hunting, no matter how you try to call it that.

If that is waht you do, then at least be honest.

I don't care if people hunt. It is necessary. But don't call SITTING ON YOUR ASS WHILE YOU BAIT hunting. That is akin to calling driving around the Beltway racing, just because you make a lot of passes, and get passed.

Oh, and goody for you on being the 'great white hunter'.........
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]
HAHAHAHAHA! I love that video!

Squeal PIGGY!!! SQUEAL FOR ME!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You went rabbit hunting dude.

Go pig hunting and come back here and spout that drivel.

Those who go and do have a different opinion than you and your varmint hunting experience.

Hunting animals is the same either way.

You are not understanding how hard it is to drop those animals like this hunter did.

How hard it is?? WTF?
Yeah, sit on your ass waiting for pigs to arrive at baited trap. Start camera. Aim firearm at side of animal to hit lung, pull trigger. Watch the "fun"... repeat. Make video for internet showing how "cool" your "kill shots" were-- only it was the suffering of an animal you were really bragging about... instead of putting them out of their misery with a follow-up shot.

It DOES NOT happen like that often.

Apparently many people do this and its the norm for all animals, rabbits, deer, pigs, etc... (read this thread)

Ya know, now that I think about this, I almost exclusively bowhunt......how do you feel about bowhunters if you think those kills were not humane?

Same thing-- only follow up kill shots are much easier when you have ammo and a gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Obviously you have never seen an animal lay on the ground and twitch violently after a head shot.

There is no such thing as a shot that causes an animal to lay down and calmly die.  Very very rarely will you shoot an animal and have it drop where it stands and not move a muscle.

Actually I have.

And, as a couple others have said, they too would have followed up with another kill shot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO

LMAO again

Whaa... So the fuck what if I've never been hunting. THat doesn't mean that I don't know baiting when I see it, which is what this was.

Bait and sit is just that. It isn't hunting, no matter how you try to call it that.

I don't care if people hunt. It is necessary. But don't call SITTING ON YOUR ASS WHILE YOU BAIT hunting. That is akin to calling driving around the Beltway racing, just because you make a lot of passes, and get passed.

I almost exclusively bowhunt.....it has been several years since I shot anything with a gun.

I consider the way I now hunt, hunting. If you don't like it why don't you come on down and show me how to do it.

Oh wait.....I forgot more about stalking than you will EVER know.

FYI. Here in East Texas pigs don't roam in the daylight very often. Hunting pigs is almost exclusively a nightime activity. There is no good way to stalk at night and use a bow to kill them.

Stalking at night is A LOT of damned fun........but you need a gun, wet weather or a full moon, and a good scope.

But then you knew all of that, right???

You are the expert after all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost exclusively bowhunt.....it has been several years since I shot anything with a gun.

I consider the way I now hunt, hunting. If you don't like it why don't you come on down and show me how to do it.

FYI. Here in East Texas pigs don't roam in the daylight very often. Hunting pigs is almost exclusively a nightime activity. There is no good way to stalk at night and use a bow to kill them.

Stalking at night is A LOT of damned fun........but you need a gun, wet weather or a full moon, and a good scope.

Try a spotlight at night-- its easier and legal. And I knew that too... been there, done that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

GEEZ.....you know nothing.

I promise very few get to drop 2 pigs at the same time in their tracks like that. Especially with a heart/lung shot. Don't happen. They are tougher than shit, they run and run some more usually. Every post shows how little you know on the subject.

Bowhunting is the same huh?

You don't have the first damned clue son.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Gee thats nice....

YOu think that's nice? Imagine what it would do to you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Good Lord, what a bunch of .

Good shoot!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try a spotlight at night-- its easier and legal. And I knew that too... been there, done that.

See again you know not what you speak of.

Yes years ago I could flop a light out and blast away.

It is not like that nowdays. You flip a light on and you are shooting at running pigs.

I have lights that are on my feeders that come on at dusk and stay on all night.
i bowhunt over these feeders. These work great. Pigs get used to them and will come on in.

Wait....been there done that????I thought you had never hunted pigs??? WTF???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gee thats nice....hinking.gif

Oh, you're from California, I should explain. In the other 49 states, people enjoy hunting animals, and some of them even eat their prey.

I hope you don't think your pork chops died of natural causes.

there are pleanty of hunters in California.

Montana Friend!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't call that "Hunting", I’m not against it,  but it ain't hunting.

Picking off swine that are conditioned to show up at a feeder at a predetermined time is NOT "HUNTING", any one who thinks it is is retarded.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GEEZ.....you know nothing.

I promise very few get to drop 2 pigs at the same time in their tracks like that. Especially with a heart/lung shot. Don't happen. They are tougher than shit, they run and run some more usually. Every post shows how little you know on the subject.

Bowhunting is the same huh?

You don't have the first damned clue son.

I know a lot-- but you saying I don't shows you have nothing to say and are reaching for something.

I said bow hunting is the same. If you let them suffer, then its the same. End of story. Don't like it? tough-- that's a fact. If they suffer, they are still suffering, whether you shoot them with a bullet or an arrow, etc...

You say its very hard to do that kind of shot to 1 pig, let alone 2 pigs at the same time... hence my point-- the shots were probably INTENTIONALLY placed to cause them to squirm and suffer. Its a fact-- your own words even state its not usual and tougher than shit....

I do have a clue-- obviously you don't. The animals in that video are suffering, and the hunter did nothing to put them out of their misery because he wanted good footage, hence the reason for the video.

End of story. Don't like it? Tough. And by the way-- you don't have to be a hunter to know that an animal is suffering and still alive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It is not like that nowdays. You flip a light on and you are shooting at running pigs.

Well... there's always the red lens cover.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have lights that are on my feeders that come on at dusk and stay on all night.
i bowhunt over these feeders. These work great. Pigs get used to them and will come on in.

So you DON'T hunt.. you bait and wait.....

Whatever.....

Everyone bow to the 'Great White Baiter'......
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#33]
mikejohnson, just what is a kill shot? If one shot putting them on the ground is not, what would you do for a real "kill shot"?   ..fullclip
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bwahahahahahaha!

So you spotlighted a couple of rabbits from a truck?  Energizer, you can kill a rabbit just by scaring it bad enough.  

As for carrying a flashlight, at night, and stalking hogs, you just let me know how that turns out.  When you have stalked hogs, across creeks, briar filled woods, through pastures full of cows, across 5000+ acres, while 'spotlighting' for them, you just let me know how well you did.  I am all ears for your new 'try spotlighting for them' method.

Don't tell me your 'spotlighting' for a fucking rabbit was somehow ethical, while 'baiting' for hogs is unethical.

I'll make a point of baiting hogs on the current property, then mowing the sumbitches down with a Beta-C mag just because this thread full of PETA freaks irritates me. I'll even get it on video tape so you cry-babies can see the hell that I rain down on these overgrown rats.

TRG

Ps.  Or, if you want to paypal me some cash to make 'kill shots' IM me for an address.  

I wanna see that!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yes I do-- spotlighting is legal, but it is wise to inform a game warden when/where you will be spotlighting.

If you bow hunt over your feeders, what's the problem with bow hunting for pigs at night? You have lights too...????

Ummm-- yeah, go back and read on page 7. I said I went varmint hunting one day and pigs could not  be found.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'll make a point of baiting hogs on the current property, then mowing the sumbitches down with a Beta-C mag just because this thread full of PETA freaks irritates me. I'll even get it on video tape so you cry-babies can see the hell that I rain down on these overgrown rats.

I got the place, the camera, and the same damned attitude. I going to go kill a few just because of the damned PETA lovers have me irritated.

Hell I might just bust the AR10 out on their asses. Naa...I will use my AR15 because that would probably piss them off worse.

EDIT for clarity
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
mikejohnson, just what is a kill shot? If one shot putting them on the ground is not, what would you do for a real "kill shot"?   ..fullclip

Apparently you haven't read where I already replied to this. The pigs are still alive and suffering. They are squirming-- they are not dead yet. Yeah, they might die sometime, but they are still kicking-- a follow-up shot should be issued to KILL them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I have.

And, as a couple others have said, they too would have followed up with another kill shot.

Did you even pay attention to the stupidity of that statement?  ANOTHER kill shot?

How are you going to kill something that is already dead?

If an animal is already dead from a heart shot and nervous twitching occurs, you are not going to make it "more dead" by shooting it in the head.  Trust me, I've seen people try... the animal doesn't stop moving just because you shoot it in the head.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#40]
damn where's a full auto AK when you need one?

Man, now I'm tempted to go hog hunting with a shotgun and make a suffering shot to one's nuts using buckshot 12 gauge just to irritate the PETA nuts here.........

and film the thing while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yes I do-- spotlighting is legal, but it is wise to inform a game warden when/where you will be spotlighting.

Not in Texas when hunting 'game' animals (hogs are not 'game').

Quoted:
If you bow hunt over your feeders, what's the problem with bow hunting for pigs at night? You have lights too...????

White lights will scare away a pack of hogs before you ever see them.

Quoted:
Ummm-- yeah, go back and read on page 7. I said I went varmint hunting one day and pigs could not  be found.

Couldn't find hogs? You must have been using flash lights (or you weren't hunting in Texas).

Give it up already... You are completely clueless when it comes to hunting hogs. And no... hunting hogs isn't just like hunting wabbits (as you so ignorantly alluded). Wabbits do not get up and walk off after a shot to the head like most full grown hogs. Not that I really care to educate you futher, but you probably do not understand that full grown hogs get to be about 250 ~ 350 pounds (some times twice that).
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Did you even pay attention to the stupidity of that statement?  ANOTHER kill shot?

How are you going to kill something that is already dead?

If an animal is already dead from a heart shot and nervous twitching occurs, you are not going to make it "more dead" by shooting it in the head.  Trust me, I've seen people try... the animal doesn't stop moving just because you shoot it in the head.

Apparently you are referring to other types of shots. I am referring to a follow-up shot to put them out of their misery-- its not so difficult to understand THAT THEY AREN"T DEAD YET. Watch the video-- they are screaming, trying to breathe, kicking, etc. They are still alive. Yeah, they will probably die, but why do they have to suffer-- shoot them again with a follow-up shot, a kill-shot, not a maiming shot to kill them sooner than later.

I can't believe you guys are this slow... oh wait, yes I can.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bowhunting, in the woods, at night is not only a pain in the ass, it's a pain in the ass.  Do you have any clue where hogs hang out?  The kind of cover they use?  Their ability to see, smell, hear?

Takea bow when you go spotlighting them.  Hell, I have access to property right now, I'll let you hunt it at night, with a bow, and with a spotlight.  No charge.

Or, I'll send you in with a bolt action, a scope and a spotlight.  Let you make that clean 'kill shot'.

I'll even give you some bucks if you can pull it off.

Varmint hunting...one day.  

blogs.zdnet.com/images/elmer%20fudd.gif

I need to ask that guy for hog hunting advice, huh?

TRG

where do hogs hang out anyhow?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I cant see the video.....second link?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in Texas when hunting 'game' animals (hogs are not 'game').

No shit-- what do you think this thread is about?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
they are screaming, .

LMAO

That is most telling about you and your attitude.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you haven't read where I already replied to this. The pigs are still alive and suffering. They are squirming-- they are not dead yet. Yeah, they might die sometime, but they are still kicking-- a follow-up shot should be issued to KILL them.

Point is, you're not going to do any better. That hog is dieing as fast as he can fron that shot. Shoot him in the head? A big loss, as some people consider "hogs head sausage" a delicacy.

Sorry bud, but that's a great shot. If you're offended by the sight of it, stay out of the sport. Steel plates should be your game... fullclip
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Or, I'll send you in with a bolt action, a scope and a spotlight.  Let you make that clean 'kill shot'.

The issue isn't about a "clean kill shot"-- its about a follow-up kill shot(s) to put them out of their misery.

ETA: if we did go varmint hunting, and I shot one and it did like what was in the video, I would shoot it again...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are screaming, .

LMAO

That is most telling about you and your attitude.

I hope they scream more. hell we should shoot a whole bunch of them and record them screaming at different times. make a rather sadistic musical composition using their screams...
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top