Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Page / 38
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought I might try something a little different today. I have no access to AR15 from work so it is difficult for me to post here. I also find it somewhat faster and easier to post to my blog so I am going to try that.

Bob's list of Free Kindle books for 2-17-13

There is a bunch today. Many are from the top 100 free list and were also free yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for this! I use it everyday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Is whogas OK?

He didn't even miss updates on Christmas day and now has missed two days in a row???
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is whogas OK?

He didn't even miss updates on Christmas day and now has missed two days in a row???

Hope everything is ok with him.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is whogas OK?

Good to go. A couple of members listed a number of books and I was not going to update their update. Others may offer very different subjects than what I do. It's that simple. I just did not want to scare any other contributors off. This is Our thread not mine.

Edit....See you in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/2013/02/free-kindle-books-2-18-13.html

Other than the religious and children's stuff, we seem to have similar tastes in books.

I appreciate that others are filtering out the really bad ones and finding some interesting stuff that is often well hidden in the hundreds or even thousands of free kindle books that are available on a daily basis.

It is a fair amount of effort to just list them and format them so they hyperlink correctly. At least this way I can do most of the work on lunch time and then just link to it.

Even so it is time consuming and it is doubtful I will be able to do it every day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is whogas OK?

Good to go. A couple of members listed a number of books and I was not going to update their update. Others may offer very different subjects than what I do. It's that simple. I just did not want to scare any other contributors off. This is Our thread not mine.

Edit....See you in the morning.

glad to see you back. I have been amazed that you consistently come up with books I'm interested in.

thank you
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Tuesday Update:

Line of Control- A Thriller on the Coming War in Asia ..258 P
"It is 2012, and the world is a more dangerous place than ever before. Revolutions have swept aside one Middle Eastern regime after another. A regime allied to Al Qaeda has swept to power in Saudi Arabia, and uses its oil wealth and modern arsenal to further spread Jihad around the world. Yet another military coup brings a fundamentalist regime to power in Pakistan, which initiates an audacious plan to strike the first blow in this new global Jihad. As unprecedented terror attacks stun India, the stage is set for a conflict that brings the Indian subcontinent to the brink of a nuclear apocalypse."
33   4.0 Star

Deer Hunting from a Recliner: Reflections on Everyday Life in Northeast Wisconsin ...224 P
"No matter where you live, inspiration abounds if
you know where to look for it. If you happen to live in Northeast
Wisconsin, it can be found in the acts of building a field-stone
walk, dodging February potholes, or even spotting a recliner that has been
abandoned in the middle of a hayfield. This collection of essays offers a
unique way to view the details that shape our daily lives, and find the
inspiration that is hidden therein."

Stress Management (The First Responder Series) 61 Pages

My Time in Hell - Suicide Prevention Tips Gleaned from 8 Years in a Cubicle ..185 P
"Simple and profound wisdom that's brushed off so often as a cliche. I laughed at so many spots for the extreme humor of the author and at my own cubicle life episodes. The author makes a challenge that will wake up that inner desire to do what you love. I appreciate the reminder that life is bigger than what we fuss about."

Born Without a Tail...179 P
"When your home has a revolving door for abused and abandoned animals, keeping pets takes on a whole new dimension! Sometimes hilarious, sometimes heart-rending, Born Without a Tail chronicles the true-life adventures of two animal rescuers living with an ever-changing house full of pets. The author takes us on a journey from childhood through adulthood, sharing tales, (mis)adventures and insights garnered from a lifetime of encounters with a menagerie of twenty remarkable animals. "
31   4.6 Star

Common Sense: How America Should Be Governed

Lee's Fighting General (A Study in Bravery and Southern Valor) 357 P

The BIG Book of Moods: Wisdom Quotes about Human Emotions...120 P

Lightning-Fast Spanish for Kids and Families: Learn Spanish, Speak Spanish, Teach Kids Spanish - Quick As A Flash, Even If You Don't Speak A Word Now! ..86 P
24   4.6 Star

Tears of No Return..240 P
"When infected by the brain of an extraterrestrial, Karen discovers, among other bizarre powers, the ability to read minds. As she tries to grasp her situation, a secret branch of the military, devoted to paranormal and supernatural phenomenon, starts their dogged pursuit. They will stop at nothing to catch her, dead or alive, because Karen is contagious with a virus they hope to control. A virus that, if spread, would end the world as we know it."

Ninja Farts: Silent But Deadly - A Hilarious Book for Kids Age 6-10 (The Disgusting Adventures of Milo Snotrocket) 32 Pages
"What a hilarious gem of a book created as a father-son project, showing that yes, farts are funny at any age. And I enjoyed the audio addition to the book as well. Best way to teach kids is through humour and involvement, and I think this is a true winner. Congratulations on another farty masterpiece. "

Horatio's One Wish: A Tale of One Heroic Hedgehog, Two Loyal Hamsters, and a Missing River Otter...214 P
"Horatio has lived alone as long as he can remember. His only friend is a river otter named Rollic, who visits him nearly every day. But when Rollic goes missing, Horatio knows he must rescue him before it’s too late. With the help of hamster twins, Whisklet and Whimser, Horatio sets off on the adventure of a lifetime. Along the way, Horatio meets Leala, a champion archer from the hedgehog village—a village Horatio never knew existed. Leala opens a door to a home Horatio has yearned for all his life. Will Horatio continue on and risk his life to rescue his friend or will he follow Leala back to his long-lost home?"

Emus! Learn About Emus and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Emus) 64 Pages

Seals! Learn About Seals and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Seals) 58 Pages

Jays! Learn About Jays and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Jays) 81 Pages

Grouse! Learn About Grouse and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Grouse) 72 Pages

Falcons! Learn About Falcons and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Falcons) 65 Pages

Finches! Learn About Finches and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Finches)  64 Pages

Vegetarian Recipes for Meat Eaters: Simply the Best Vegetarian Entrées and Main Course Meals with Easy Carnivore Variations, Volume One...78 Pages
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Wednesday Update:

Life and Death at Hoover Dam...256 P
"Life and Death at Hoover Dam tells the story of a handful of these men and the sacrifices they endured. From choking on gasoline fumes in 120-degree heat inside the five-stories-tall diversion tunnels to dangling by slender cables from the thousand-foot walls of Black Canyon, they will put their lives at risk. In the end, these men and the 20,000 others who worked on the dam will build a monument that makes possible the palm trees of Los Angeles and the desert oasis of Phoenix. This is the story of their lives—the men who built the matchless Hoover Dam."

The Life and Prayers of Saint Paul the Apostle...46 Pages
40   4.8 Star

The Line, the Itch and the Rabbit Hole (a memoir about Tourette's, Borderline Personality Disorder and Addiction) 429 P

Memoirs of a Bad Dog..234 P
"Bogart is in jail. He's been there before, but he never felt like he deserved it until now. Peeing on the carpet is one thing, but now he's killed a man. And it wasn't just any old man--any old man may have been forgiveable. Bogart killed Swifty's father, and Swifty is Bogart's human, so now he deserves his jail sentence. Now he deserves a death sentence. He's truly a bad dog."

Blood on Red Dirt ..275 P
"Blood on Red Dirt is the true story of Marine Corporal Gary Cowart. The book encompasses the time before enlistment, Boot Camp, Infantry Training Regiment, Artillery School, and his time in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive of 1968. Incorporated with actual pictures from the times and places remembered in this book, it gives the reader a mix of emotions felt during the good times and bad, of combat and of non-combat, with the intent of giving the lay person a more complete picture of the Vietnam experience."

The River Beneath the River: A Novel of the Awakening Spirit ..166 P
"The River Beneath The River immediately submerges the reader into a memorable story that inspires and uplifts. It is one of those magical books that you cannot lay down until finished and stays with you long after the last page is read. What a wonderful gift Sue Tabin has given us. "

Juggling Secrets: Learn How to Juggle Today..46 Pages
27  4.8 Star     This one is good

I've Been Deader..304 P

The Hunt (A Chilling Vampire Short Story) 40 Pages

Redemption A Werewolf's Saga ..248 P

Baby (Species Intervention #6609 Book One)  188 P
"A deeper, darker E.T. A tear jerker featuring the love of an alien creature and the lives he touches.
The series "Species Intervention #6609" spans two hundred years, encompassing tender love between divergent species, political downfalls and violence of unspeakable order. It is an unfortunate tale of Armageddon and the despairing hope of redemption...."
72   4.5 Star

One Nation Under Blood : The Sowing..322 P
"When a rejuvenative blood technology is developed that pits the young against the old, the government must take firm steps to address the war of supply and demand brewing across generational lines. Blood is not the only thing bought and sold in this dystopian tale of technology, economics, and independence. Vampires are now very real, but we never expected them to wear our grandmother’s best Sunday dress."
41   4.9 Star

Thunder Island (The Thunder Island Series) 279 P
"While searching for his long lost brother in a seedy buccaneer tavern, a young colonial named Max is kidnapped and transported to a place beyond his wildest nightmares. It’s a savage world where giant reptiles stalk the terrain and winged demons rule the skies. If he hopes to see his home again, Max must survive a deadly gauntlet of mercenaries, ruthless pirates, and bloodthirsty monsters the likes of which he has never seen."
"Thunder Island mixes the genres of fantasy and adventure to create a new form of fiction - that which acknowledges the most exciting parts of both genres and synthesizes them into one. Here, the characteristic indulgences of The Hobbit mixes with the realistic fears of Jurassic Park or Pirates of the Caribbean."

The Chicken and The Quail ..212 P
"A dead man stands up,
and boards a flight to Singapore from Mumbai.
Has he faked his death to escape financial troubles?
Have the doctors who certified him dead been his accomplices?
Or, has an imposter boarded the plane using his passport?
Eventually when the police unravel the mystery, it is so mind boggling that it sends tremors around the world."

Immemorial...408 P
"The story takes place in a near future dystopia as a man wakes to find himself accused of the largest single act of terrorism in English history. Who is Ernest Featherstone and why can he not remember?
 Part satire, part traditional literary dystopia, Immemorial is a dark and witty exploration of identity, morality, religion and relationships against a backdrop of an England in turmoil.
  Note from the Author:
 I'm aware that this novel is essentially competing with recognised, well established authors - for that reason I'm under no illusions as to its value to the average librophile. For any of you that choose to purchase it between give-aways, I offer my sincerest thanks and the hope that you take from it something worth more than it has cost."

No Death by Unknown Hands ..284 P
"'No Death By Unknown Hands' is the simple story, told in all the complexity that is its due and based on true events, of how a brave, gentle, concerned and God-fearing man who ministered to the colored community of Atlanta in the 1950s was accused of the rape of a white woman that never actually took place, was tried for his 'crime' and was executed. "
18  4.9 Star

TRANSCENDER: First-Timer (TRANSCENDER Trilogy)  426 P
"When a freak lightning storm turns terrifying, seventeen-year-old Jaden Beckett leaps for her life only to be glitched into an alternate universe. The destiny police want her out. Jaden's got other plans.
 Ripped away from her quiet Connecticut life and dumped into a post-apocalyptic version of earth, Jaden lands smack in the middle of a kidnapping--her own! "
31   4.7 Star

In The Shadow ...525 P
"This is a historical novel about the notorious James and younger brothers. It was fantastic. The author Brandt developed each character with depth, interest, and gives the reader an understanding of their emotion and family bond unique to the era of the civil war."
Read Description    5   5.0 Star

Superfood Recipes (Healthy Eats) 139 P
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tuesday Update:

Line of Control- A Thriller on the Coming War in Asia ..258 P
"It is 2012, and the world is a more dangerous place than ever before. Revolutions have swept aside one Middle Eastern regime after another. A regime allied to Al Qaeda has swept to power in Saudi Arabia, and uses its oil wealth and modern arsenal to further spread Jihad around the world. Yet another military coup brings a fundamentalist regime to power in Pakistan, which initiates an audacious plan to strike the first blow in this new global Jihad. As unprecedented terror attacks stun India, the stage is set for a conflict that brings the Indian subcontinent to the brink of a nuclear apocalypse."
33   4.0 Star

This one is still free. I actually bought it when it was a daily deal for 99 cents. It is a good read. A little India-centric, but still good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Rikki Tikki Tavi

http://www.amazon.com/Rikki-Tikki-Tavi-ebook/dp/B004C43I68/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1361378580&sr=8-1

My nine year old loved it.

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Thursday Update:

Anxiety Management:The Secrets Of Completely Eliminating Anxiety From Your Life...34 Pages

Kindle First Aid: Quick Select ..150 P
"In an emergency situation...would you know what to do? Kindle First Aid: Quick Select is something new. At the touch of a button, you will have all the First Aid information you need from your Kindle. Quick Select allows you to rapidly access lifesaving information at the touch of a button and is designed to be quick and easy to use. It covers a whole range of emergency situations with step by step instructions to make you confident in any emergency."
Finally...This is the one I have been waiting on.. The life you save may be your own.

Motorcycles! Learn About Motorcycles While Learning To Read - Motorcycle Photos And Facts Make It Easy! (Over 45+ Photos of Motorcycles) 52 Pages

No One Ever Asked Me That: Conversations on the Afterlife..282 P

Zippered Flesh: Tales of Body Enhancements Gone Bad!..284 P
"Monstrous transplants. Appalling amputations. Bizarre implants. Nightmarish forms of body enhancements. Disturbing, perverse, often gut-wrenching stories--all between the covers of this anthology. Here are 20 tales by some of today's best horror, suspense, and science fiction writers, including Graham Masterton, John Shirley, Scott Nicholson, Michael Laimo, Lisa Mannetti, L.L. Soares, Armand Rosamilia, Aaron J. French, Christopher Nadeau, Michael Bailey, Adrienne Jones, Charles Colyott, J. Gregory Smith, Michael Louis Calvillo, Jezzy Wolfe, Jonathan Templar, P.I. Barrington, Elliott Capon, Rob M. Miller, and Weldon Burge. The stories are not for those who are faint of heart or squeamish, or who are easily offended by nasty language, bloody violence, and freakish body augmentations. You've been warned! "

That Time of the Month ...207 P
"Accidently cursed by her Aunt, a powerful witch who then overdoses before she can reverse the spell Lana transforms once a month into a blood thirsty beast. Vowing to take no innocent life she preys on outlaw bikers, true one percenters who she knows law enforcement will take no interest in the disapearance of. One such gang discovers her secret and a kill squad armed with silver bullets is sent to destroy her. The hunter becomes the hunted as Lana and her girl friend Annabelle finds themselves on the run from the gang and in a desperate race against time to attempt the cure that the ghost of her Aunt has been guiding them towards. One biker hunting them has his own agenda, to become a werewolf like Lana and form his own pack of biker werewolves."

Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers Vampire Series) 244 P
"Tyr and Loki are the kind of vampires who live for their own pleasure, not yours. They feel no remorse. They view human beings as livestock or sex objects. And after a thousand years of sex and destruction seducing and murdering the prettiest girls in the room, they have become two of the most diabolical serial killers of all time."

Weirder Than Weird...112 P
"If you love quirky and macabre short stories but have become discouraged over the lack of originality these days then this book will renew your faith! Here are 18 bizarre tales that Rod Serling himself would feel right at home with. "Weirder Than Weird" is assured to keep the reader captivated on those cold winter nights when all you want to do is to curl up with a good book and let your mind run wild. "

Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Recipes (for chefs on the edge) 102 P
46    4.6 Star

Want children, teen, and cooking books ?   Many to download today....See Page 15 for links
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Friday Update:

To Feed the Sparrowhawks (This is the first of three parts of 'To Feed the Sparrowhawks')...364P
"It is 1976, and Rhodesia has exploded into full-scale civil war.
The white settlers are fighting a vicious rearguard campaign in the vast Tribal Trust Lands and on remote and isolated border farms, against an ever more determined Black Nationalist foe.
Unwillingly sucked into this conflict, farmer Jumbo McQueen meets the girl of his dreams and hopes to build a future with her on his farm.
Caring nothing for politics, McQueen is drawn by a single wartime incident - and by his connections with members of the Security Forces - into the spiral of violence.
‘To Feed the Sparrowhawks’ simultaneously follows the fortunes of McQueen, the Guerrilla section that targets his farm, and McQueen’s Special Branch friend: Vic Bailey.
This is the first part of the three-book series and includes a preview of the second book, which is due to be launched in February 2013."

Atrum Terra: Dark Lands (A Potentially True Zombie Apocalypse) 387 P
"What will it be like when the world really ends? Do you think that your Doomsday television shows and your Survival internet forums have prepared you for what is really coming? Do you think you will be able to keep your sanity with no cellular phone, no automobile, and no electricity? Will you be able to steal to stay warm, eat the family pet so you do not starve, or kill another human being to stay alive? You do not really want the world to end, not like this.
 Atrum Terra: Dark Lands tells the story of two people from different sides of the nation that struggle to survive after a devastating attack breaks the back of the United States. It is a journey in which the whole world is sent spiraling towards a dark future where humans are an endangered species."  Much More in Description.

Stress Management: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Rid of Stress and Anxiety!..35 Pages

The Essential Bug Out Bag...44 Pages

Stop Underage Drinking and Teen Drug Abuse: A Parent's 10 Step Guide (Feeling Overwhelmed Series) 133 Pages

Home Front ...286 P
"A great nation is at war with itself.
A young and penniless boy - Johnny Madigan - lies about his age to become a Union Soldier.
 But after fighting his way through some of the most brutal conflicts of the American Civil War and surviving terrible wounds Johnny Madigan now faces an even deadlier battlefield.
 He must fight on the Home Front. "

CHILDREN ON DEATH ROW, HOLOCAUST AND BEYOND, 7th Edition ...196 P
"Some Dreams are for Ever:
Terezin Concentration Camp, a dark rainy night, 1944…I still have the dreams: I wake up early in the morning in our Home. There are some 20 double bank-beds in a huge barracks room. I see a little group of children in the shadow. They are just getting ready to leave. They are trying not to wake up the other children:
“Hey Kids, kids; where are you going to? Wait for me, wait for me...”
“We are leaving on a transport to the East. We are leaving to the place of no Return. You will never see us again. You stay back and remember us. And you tell all the people about us.
No matter if they like us or not.”
“Yes I will, I will, I promise.”
They almost made it; the rest of us are scared: who is going to be selected to go next time?
I hope you will find my book to be educational and enjoyable. The book is not only about Holocaust, Terezin and the vanishing children. The story goes beyond the end of WWII."

Jump into Hell: German Paratroopers in World War II ...368 P
"For the first time in English, this action-adventure narrative about elite German airborne troops covers recruitment, organization, training and combat on all fronts."

The Dracula Chronicles: Bound By Blood - Volume 1...362 P
"The Dracula Chronicles is the brilliant and terrifying new concept of Dracula. It is an epic journey through the ages where the forces of Light and Darkness struggle for supremacy until the Second Great War, as foretold in the Book of Revelations. This bitter feud began after the creation of mankind. Lucifer’s jealousy leads to the First Great War of the angels. Hundreds of thousands of years on the feud simmers beneath the surface. It plots the course of history as we know it today. Both sides manipulate the major players through the centuries to seek an advantage over the other. "

Falling off the Bones...494 P
"Welcome to Falling off the Bones – A four story zombie fest, featuring the first three books in the Zombie Armageddon series, and a stand alone tale called ZombieDead."

Miami Spy Games: Russian Zombie Gun ...269 P
"This book contains all 12 episodes of the Miami Spy Games series. (Episodes 1-5 can also be purchased individually).
 Miami, 2012. A new gun has made its way from a Russian science lab to the streets of Miami—a gun that destroys the executive functioning power of the brain, turning people into zombie-like beings. Osvaldo Rivera is looking for the highest bidder to purchase this Russian Zombie Gun. "

The Ruins of Mars (The Ruins of Mars Trilogy) 238 P
"Set against the turbulent backdrop of the near future, The Ruins of Mars opens on the discovery of an ancient city buried under the sands of the red planet. Images captured by twin sentient satellites show massive domes, imposing walls, and a grid work of buildings situated directly on the rim of Mars’ Grand Canyon, the Valles Marineris. With the resources of Earth draining away under the weight of human expansion, a plan is hatched to reclaim Mars from the cold grasp of death. A small band of explorers, astronauts, and scientists are sent to the red world in mankind's first interplanetary starship to begin construction on a human colony. Among them is a young archaeologist, named Harrison Raheem Assad, who is tasked with uncovering the secrets of the Martian ruins and their relation to the human race. Aided by the nearly boundless mind of a god-like artificial intelligence; the explorers battle space travel, harsh Martian weather, and the deepening mystery of the forgotten alien civilization. Begin the epic journey in Book One of the Ruins of Mars Trilogy."

The Zombie Playground, A Creature compilation ..112 P
"Meet a child zombie in "The Zombie Playground" or discover a lucrative career during the zombie apocalypse in "The Zombie Eaters."Perhaps you just want to escape San Francisco being destroyed by monsters so large they can't see you.
Whether you like werewolves,zombies or the unknown creature,The Zombie Playground, A Creature Compilation ,is a fun collection of seven short stories you'll want to add these to your own creepy library."

Dinner? You Got This! - Super Easy Recipes for Tasty Dinners that Anyone Can Prepare...59 Pages

If you like Horror, Science Fiction, Children's, Teens, and Cooking, Today is your day. Hundreds to choose from. Links on P 115.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Saturday Update:

Bomber Crew 369...293 P
"...This is the story of Bomber Crew 369. In actuality, there was, indeed, a Bomber Crew 369. It operated out of southern Italy from 1944 to 1945. By virtue of letters, reminiscences of the crew, declassification of secret military documents, and thorough historical research, the true story of Bomber Crew 369 has been chronicled. "

Penelope...175 P
"This kind of novel hasn't been written since Thorne Smith convulsed millions of readers with his sparkling wit and ribald humor. With no respect for the dignity of the Air Force and Navy big brass, author Anderson churns up chuckles on every page."

Fire in the Hole: A Year in the Life of the World's Sorriest Stuntwoman ...223 P
"Fire in the Hole is the comically dramatic story of a thirty-something actress facing serious changes in her life while training to become a stuntwoman at a quirky western theme park. "

BAT-21
"Digital Edition: BAT-21 is the story of Air Force Col. Iceal "Gene" Hambleton's real life rescue from behind enemy lines in Vietnam. At the time, the largest rescue operation in USAF history. This best-selling novel was later turned into a film by TriStar Pictures starring Gene Hackman and Danny Glover."

Hurricane Hunters..216 P
"Filled with the tension and drama of a hurricane itself, this is a brutally realistic novel of "Hurricane Hilda," the victims of its unrelenting furry, and the men who try to understand, forecast, and minimize the effects of this deadly ravager."

KENNY O - AN UNTOLD STORY FROM THE ANNALS OF NYPD...140 P
"...A special unit was put together to gather information on these groups and subsequently dismantle their networks. This unit of NYPD, under the auspices of the Organized Crime Control Bureau was able to accomplish this through many hard working hours and the assistance of an informant namely KENNY O. The members of this group were the diverse in nature speaking Spanish, Italian as well as the Sicilian dialect."

Inspirational Words of Wisdom for Challenging Times..119 P

A Mother's Trial ..363 P
"As far as anyone knew, Priscilla Phillips was the perfect mother: A pillar of her church, a social worker, a devoted wife and loving mother of two sons of her own. Priscilla lavished endless love and attention on little Tia, and later on her sister Mindy. To this day she claims total innocence of any wrongdoing.
Yet she was arrested and tried for murder. Was she a mother who literally loved her children to death? A woman so desperate to be needed that she’d take any risk, pay any price?"

Vet Tech Tales: The Early Years (Confessions of an Animal Junkie)80 Pages

So You Wanna Be A Doctor?? The Anesthesia Chapter..28 Pages

Dominant Species Volume One -- Natural Selection (Dominant Species Series) 418 p
"Spanning a millennium, the Dominant Species Series is a panoramic story of human and alien species locked in mortal conflict. Against this backdrop of deadly biological rivalry, humankind will fight an inner battle whose outcome is as final--and as brutal--as natural selection itself."
62   4.5 Star

Tales from Beyond...84 Pages
"Eight tales of terror from acclaimed writer Russell James, author of Dark Inspiration, Sacrifice, and Black Magic.
A serial killer stalks America's interstates. A naive boy signs aboard a slave ship. A woman adopts an elephant with a dangerous past. A Special Forces veteran searches for two lost boys at a mysterious Honduran plantation. An author discovers the route to writing true horror. These, and more, are all Tales from Beyond."

The Zombie's Way - Words of Wisdom for the Recently Undead..59 Pages
"Are you a zombie? Does unlife have you down in the dumps? Do you ponder...anything at all? If you answered “Flaaarg,” to any of these questions, you’re probably a zombie, and as such, you’re most likely a mess. Not only is your body failing you one organ and orifice at a time, but the Living taunt you with their delicious bodies while swinging blunt objects at your head. It’s a cruel fate."

Play or Die..290 P
"Ready to play the game of your life?
 Could you stay ahead of a sociopathic hunter being sent your co-ordinates every three hours? Jo Warrington is about to live this nightmare. On a Melbourne city street she is plunged into a game devised by people from the future. Her choices - play or die."

Titanic with ZOMBIES ..241 P

Jokes For Kids (175 Clean, Decent, Kid and Family Friendly, Parent Filtered Kid Jokes. For Kids Ages 7 and Up!) 34 Pages

The Ins and Outs of POOP...174 P
"This is a first-of-its-kind book about childhood constipation. It is a how-to book for parents and a treatment guide for pediatric healthcare specialists. Occasional or mild constipation is very common in children. However, more than 20% of children who have occasional constipation go on to develop a more severe type of constipation known as functional constipation or encopresis."

The Game (The Game is Life) 305 P
""What if life as we know it was just a game?
 What if, instead of traditional schools, children learned by participating in a virtual reality simulation, one that allowed them to experience "life" from birth to death -- multiple times?
 What if one player, on his final play, could change the world forever...?"

Like to cook? Today is your day for downloads. See page 15 for links.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Sunday Update:

The Ride..200 P
"To become a soldier, a boy must surrender his childhood innocence, for the sake of duty. Otto Krueger, a youthful Waffen SS soldier, fighting in an elite motorcycle unit against the resistance during the final months of World War II, is pitted against two forces: his spiritual conscience and loyalty to a cause. The road he takes leads to a need for him to make a choice. Follow Otto in his motorcycle journeys through the Balkans, Northern Italy, and even Venice."

Motorcycles: pictures of cool bikes

War Stories: An Enlisted Marine In Vietnam..251 p
"War Stories: An Enlisted Marine In Vietnam is a memoir of my two years in the United States Marine Corps. It tells what it was like to enlist in the Marine Corps and serve as a field radio operator with an infantry battalion near the southern edge of the DMZ in Vietnam in 1967, a time and place of intense fighting. "

Taming Mighty Alaska: an RV Odyssey..224 P
"William C. Anderson's popular account of touring Alaska in an RV with his wife Dortha. Originally published in 1990, this book is rated in the top 3 books on touring Alaska by VactionBookReview.com. And was a precursor to Anderson's 1998 collection of articles for MotorHome Magazine, titled, "Please... Don't Tailgate The Real Estate!" called, "The greatest invention for RVers since the kink-free sewer house," by The Idaho Statesman. "

Thoughts of A Common American: I've Had Enough! ..120 P
"Straight from the living room of middle class America…
There are plenty of political books out there written by “experts”—career politicians, economists, journalists, and Washington insiders who tell us what to believe based on whether they are “red” or “blue.”
This isn’t one of those books."

The Biblical Case for Private Gun Ownership..11 Pages

Their Socialism and Ours..79 Pages
"Socialism has been a failure everywhere that it has been attempted. This is the refrain heard time and time again as examples like Stalin's USSR are conjured up for good measure. The defenders of the current crumbling capitalist system argue that it is simply “human nature” that brought about the misery within, and eventual demise of, the “Socialist Bloc.” For the remaining leftists who still cling to the tattered banner of one form or another of “Really Existing Socialism,” it was this or that strategic or tactical error (don't worry, they promise to do better next time)."

The Remnant - The Jewish Resistance in WWII (The Jewish History Novel Series)386 P
""I can't kill Nazis if I'm dead. . ." Solomon Shalensky
 After researching the World War II transcripts of the Nuremburg Trials and interviewing 'The Remnant' or Jewish survivors of the holocaust, many still living in Israel; Othniel Seiden was compelled to write their startling and remarkable stories of WWII. In this stunning and compelling WWII historical novel about the Jews who were able to remain free and fight, Seiden documents their survival, their suffering, their missions and their guerrilla warfare tactics against the Nazi occupation forces. "

Stormbringer (Apocalypse Then) 357 P
"Sixty million people were killed in the second world war.
 How many remember where they were when the war began on the 1st of September 1939?
 I remember.
 I should remember. I started it . My name is Robert Leroy Parker."

Helmet Head...268 P
"He was just a rumor to the one percenters--a monstrous motorcyclist dressed all in black who rode the back roads of Little Egypt cutting off the heads of other bikers with a samurai sword. But on one terrible stormy night, Deputy Pete Fagan discovers that Helmet Head is all too real and filled with a fury that won't be satisfied until his demonic sword drinks deeply."

Fighting To Live (Zombie Overload Series) 172 P
"Second book in the series. This is NOT a stand alone. Recommend to read Dying To Live first.
 Leaving Illinois for Missouri, Canada and her family pick up strangers, kill some undead, stir up some drama, and much more. Humorous account of one woman's determination to live, and make sure her family lives, as the undead take over."

The Awakening (Rebirth, Book 1) 236 P
"First of a trilogy, this is a dark suspense/horror novel about the end of the world."

An Alien Rescue..477 P

A Fine Cast of Characters..141 P
"Sample a menagerie of people, things, events and places both dark and light. Wander in hidden recesses of imagination and travel with A Fine Cast of Characters, a short story collection by author J. Dane Tyler."

Ginger the Gangster Cat (Ginger the Cat) 97 Pages
"Ginger returns from the dead - to carry out the most cunning cat crime of the century. In Barcelona.
 Ginger is not a happy cat.
He's fat, he's ugly, and he's getting old.
He also lives in Surrey."

The Prophecy of Three: The Keys of Time...323 P
"Not many fourteen year olds can say that they are the subject of an ancient prophecy. Fewer still can say that they have inherited the powers of a wizard and a responsibility for the fate of the world. Simon, Evelyn and James are three who can. From the moment they learn that they are the subjects of a prophecy made by Merlin long ago, they are thrown into a war against the nefarious witch, Morgana. A witch whom prophecy states they will one day defeat. "

Irish Drink Recipes and Irish Toasts For St. Patrick's Day And All Year 'Round!..86 Pages

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Monday Update:

Mobley's Law, A Mobley Meadows Novel..408 P
"Federal Governor, Edmund Jackson Davis, has ruled Texas with an iron fist since the end of the Civil War, but must now stand for election against a majority of citizens made up of ex-confederate sympathizers and soldiers. President Grant appoints Judge Mobley Meadows to the Texas Federal Circuit Court and charges him with preventing the situation from getting out of hand. Davis quickly realizes that Mobley is a threat when he overturns the Governor’s land reappraisal decree, a source of graft for Davis’s supporters, and sends his personal assassin to get rid of Mobley."

A Mile in Their Shoes: Conversations With Veterans of World War II ..239 P
"Aaron Elson has been recording the stories of World War 2 veterans for more than 20 years. In this collection he presents a dozen compelling interviews. They include a conversation with five 101st Airborne Division veterans of the siege of Bastogne, a 90th Infantry Division Medal of Honor recipient, two 82nd Airborne veterans of D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge, a survivor of the pre-D-Day disaster at Slapton Sands, and a father who was in World War II and his son who served in Vietnam."

When Gods Bleed..298 P
"Complex characters and a story line that comes to life in all its dark, disturbing and brilliant elegance. This is West Africa like you have never seen her before and never will again. "

The Easter Quiz Book: Are You An "Eggspert?" (Holiday Quiz Books: Facts And Fun For Kids Of All Ages) 130 P

Bloody Zion..545 P

Fire Trucks! 2-Pack of Fire Truck eBooks - Learn About Fire Trucks While Learning To Read (Over 95+ Photos of Fire Trucks) 104 P

Your Grandfather's Sabre - A century of sacrifice ...250 P
"For 58 years, Kitty has been an Army brat, Army wife and Army mother, yet when it comes time to retire, the military says she doesn't qualify for a pension - not even half her husband's of 28 years. Your Grandfather's Sabre will transport you into Kitty's world and the world of military families.
Join the fights of the warriors, cry the tears of the widows, feel the struggles of the children and the triumphs of those who give all. Then prepare to rally around Kitty's as she takes her story of a lifetime of service and sacrifice all the way to congress to battle for fairness for abandoned military wives and their families against an unfair regulation."

Dead: The Ugly Beginning...308 P
"The unthinkable has happened. The dead are walking! Humanity's fragile thread may be reaching its bitter end. Individuals and groups struggle to survive...some at any cost. Will there be anybody left? Or, is this just...The Ugly Beginning? "

Fighting To Live (Zombie Overload Series) 172 P
"This second book in the Zombie Overload series starts right where book one ended.
 Canada and her family continue on in their attempt to reach her sister's home in Missouri. The zombie count increases and so does the danger. Canada experiences so much that she hadn't planned or fantasized about back when it was all make-believe."

Become a Better Putter (Improve Your Short Game)  35 Pages
""Become a Better Putter" is not a technical book on "how to putt" but rather a book that provides the reader with a number of proven putting drills (6 in all) and a reminder of the 9 essentials to good putting."

Make A Cake From Scratch With 31 Homemade Cake Recipes! (Tastefully Simple Recipes) 115 P
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Tuesday Update:

Caged Confederates - Capturing the Heart of the Confederacy ...470 P
"The Civil War's Turning Point: Tennessee. Surrender didn't just bring dishonor, it brought death.
 A story of passion, intrigue and the fight to defend the land they love. This historical novel depicts the hard fought battles for control of the crucial waterways of the Tennessee River Valley and the South's Heartland. Flush with its first major victories, the Union Army would find itself woefully unprepared to care for the thousands of prisoners captured on the field of battle. "

SEALed Justice - Book One Of The Jason Turner Saga ...661 P
"What if you were a Navy SEAL Commander on a top secret mission when you and your six man team were ambushed because of a leak---a mission only the President and six other people knew about? What do you say when a complete stranger walks into your hospital room and tells you a family secret that's been kept from you since birth? How would you handle the knowledge that five dead SEAL's, your best friends, were just collateral damage because someone wanted you dead? "

The Devil in the Bottle..214 P
"At the same time, the notorious Joseph (aka Jack) Slade, who once ruled 600 hostile miles of the Overland Stage Line, has settled near Alder Gulch with his wife and adopted son. Although he ruled by violence and intimidation, Overland passengers and the mail traveled on time, in safety. But Slade’s binge drinking wrecked his career when he and his men destroyed Army supplies at Fort Halleck. He continues his destructive sprees in Alder Gulch, despite his friends' attempts to persuade him to stop."

Rattlesnakes, Ghosts and Murderers: Volume 1: McKenna and Barnett...384 P
"Rattlesnakes, Ghosts and Murderers is the first volume in the series (McKenna and Barnett) written by Len Francis Monahan.  Monahan includes adventure, murder, and paranormal activity in an adventure novel.  The story includes comic humor and satire in this new series of life on a ranch in America's Old West."

People Other than Grunts...292 P
"This is not your usual tale of blood, guts, and heroism. Keep browsing if this is what you are seeking. If you want a true insider's view of life as a Soldier in the U.S. Army, this is it! Myles C. Page lived the life of the average soldier, serving 12 years at Fort Polk Louisiana, Fort Drum New York, along with four tours in support of Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom. Myles doesn't pull any punches in his stories (keep out of reach of children). This book can be used as a "how to" ("or how not to") for any person thinking of signing that dotted line, raising his or her right hand and answering the call to serve. There is gutter talk all throughout this book, so if you can be easily offended by foul language please don't bother picking this up."

Taking Flight ...144 P
"David Norton lived for two things: family and flying. With the help of his wife, Jan (self appointed parts manager) and teenage daughter, Sarah (lifelong co-pilot), David worked for six years building his very own airplane in his basement workshop. His dream became a reality in the spring of 2000 when N256DN took its first flight.
 Three months later, David was performing a routine take-off when a fluke change in wind brought his plane down. David was killed instantly. Jan and Sarah were thrown into a whirlwind of grief and depression that nearly destroyed the family David so dearly loved. "

War Cake, A Witness in the Siege of Sarajevo...110 P

Unspoken Abandonment...210 P
"One of the most powerful and moving stories you will ever read, this book will completely change the way you look at life. 'Unspoken Abandonment' is the story of one man's struggle to return home from the war in Afghanistan, only to find the person he once was may never be the same."

Grant The Forgotten Hero ...732 P
"“Castigated by some, immortalized by few and forgotten by most.” Hardly a fitting tribute to one of America’s greatest heroes. Grant The Forgotten Hero chronicles the story of Ulysses S. Grant during the American Civil War. Ask an American what they remember about Ulysses S. Grant and they will recall that he was a heavy drinker, not that he was the President, nor one of the world’s greatest generals. An unusual legacy for the man most responsible for preserving this great nation. This book portrays Grant as an incredibly modest and humble man, perhaps the reason his true character failed to shine through. It tackles the old myths, head on, through logical analysis of the historical record and disproves most of the legend that has distorted his extraordinary military accomplishments. During the war, Grant captured three enemy armies intact and came within a whisker of capturing four, a feat unequalled in history and over so great a foe as Robert E. Lee. Ulysses S. Grant was one of America's greatest heroes, who sadly most Americans have forgotten."

The Lion Vrie (The White Lion Chronicles) 576 P
""If the legend of King Arthur were ever to meet with Lord of the Rings then the title would be Rise of The Dibor. This is a cataclysmic page turner of eternal proportions; an ancient tale of good versus evil that becomes a story for our present age. If you like your villains really wicked and your heroes truly valiant then this is the book for you—a gripping allegory for all ages."
-Graham P. Taylor; New York Times best selling author of Shadowmancer, Wormwood, and Tersias"

Waking Up is Not Hard To Do - Stories of Spiritual Growth..155 P
"Wow, just when you get comfortable with yourself, you see how much better you can be...and that's not a bad thing, it's enlightenment. Don't miss this look at improving your spirit and spirituality."

The Wanderer Awakens A Werewolf's Saga...232 P
"The Wanderer Awakens, the fourth novel in A Werewolf's Saga
 When the world began, the human race lived as nothing more than cattle. A great group of creatures ruled the world. A small band of humans with great powers emerged from the chaos, and with them, the human race fought for their right to live. When they won the world, the creatures turned to walk the night and the humans won the day. But in the shadows, the darkness lingered. A great fight has come and with it the black wolf. A powerful being with something no other Walker possesses—a soul."

Forever Hunger...248 P
"When NYPD Sergeant Roy Ruiz began working the serial killings with Detective Tim Rosetto, they had no way of knowing the killer whom they were hunting had been dead for over two hundred years. The grisly crime scenes leave plenty of forensic evidence, but unfortunately, none of it makes any sense—unless you can open your mind to some very strange possibilities."

HELP! WANTED: Tales of On-the-Job Terror...274 P
""HELP! WANTED is a rollicking, creepy, crazy, and thoroughly unnerving collection of work-related horror stories by the cream of today's horror crop. Each story is as stingingly fresh as a razor cut!" - Jonathan Maberry, New York Times Bestselling author of Dust & Decay and Patient Zero
 Wake up! You don't want to be late. Shower and shave, you want to look your best. Drink coffee, scramble eggs, you'll need your energy. Today's a big day...even if you don't know why.
 Within these pages reside 25 terrifying visions from the finest talents in dark fiction. From a call center floor to an undertaker's slab, a chain bookstore to a dark Christmas with border patrol agents, HELP! WANTED: Tales of On-the-Job Terror removes the veils that protect your psyche, beckoning you into nightmare worlds that will leave you screaming...for more!
  Featuring Stephen Volk, Jeff Strand, Joe McKinney, David Dunwoody, Lisa Morton, Gary Brandner, Vince A. Liaguno, Amy Wallace, Eric Shapiro, Scott Bradley, Mark Allan Gunnells, Gregory L. Norris, and many more!"

Millicent Marie Is Not My Name..164 P
"From the Award Winning Author of the Nate Rocks Books:This is one of those books that everyone and anyone, of all ages, can relate to. Within these pages you will find the unique and funny voice of a girl who is trying to figure things out like all kids do. "
48  4.9 Star

25 Artisan Style Bread Recipes : Bake Beautiful Sweet and Savory Loaves at Home Without A Bread Machine (The Green Gourmet) 68 Pages
"New from #1 international best selling author Lori Jane Stewart.
  There is nothing more appetizing than the smell of bread cooking, and that is one of reasons why I have gathered together this collection of my favorite bread recipes.
  Even better, is bread made with yeast - real artisan bread uses only wild yeast starter, flour, water, and salt.
  In these recipes, I have tried to remain true to purist artisan bread but instead used readily available, active dry yeast rather than wild yeast starter. But I have adhered to one basic rule -– that all breads are made with yeast, by hand in small batches and without a fancy bread machine."

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Some real winners today....thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Wednesday Update:

Hitler: The Last Conspiracy..218 P
"Charles Ritter is on the track of the scoop of the year. Or the decade. Or perhaps even the century. The year is 1967. Charles Ritter is an ordinary journalist, filing everyday stories. On an assignment in Ireland, an elderly German doctor helps him with his migraines. But Doctor Theodore Morell is not what he appears. He is a man with a past - and a man with a secret.
He was Hitler's personal physician during the last days of the war. From his bunker in Berlin, Hitler masterminded one final conspiracy. And Ritter is about to find out how World War Two really ended. But as he gets closer to the shattering truth, the intelligence agencies of three great powers are alerted to his pursuit of the story."

To the Shores of Tripoli (Battles of the Marine Corps) 230 P
"To the Shores of Tripoli follows three fictional Marine privates as they participate in the watershed moments in the war. Private Seth Crocker is an uneducated, underage Marine who fights from the tops of the USS Enterprise and in battles such as the Gunboat Battle off the coast of Tripoli. Private Ichabod Cone, a veteran of the Revolution, is part of the crew of the USS Philadelphia when it is captured and spends most of the war as a slave of the pasha. Private Jacob Brissey is one of the seven Marines, under Lieutenant Presley O’Bannon, who march 600 miles across the desert against tremendous odds to attack and capture the city of Derne, where, for the first time in history, the US flag is raised over foreign soil."

AIR BASE (U-TAPAO ROYAL THAI NAVAL AIR BASE) 279 P
"A US military detective mystery set at U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Air Base, Thailand, right at the end of the Vietnam War. It involves two young US Air Force Security Police officers in their attempt to solve a massive Thai-operated theft ring on the base. It describes the cultural immersion of the protagonists into an exotic Southeast Asian country and the social interactions and clashes between the two cultures through the eyes of the participants."

Blue Water Red Blood..187 P
"In 1928, the killer Okeechobee Hurricane strikes Florida. Don Roebling, grandson of the builder of the Brooklyn Bridge, is determined to invent a rescue boat that can conquer the swamps, the flooding and the debris strewn terrain . . . to save lives!
 Together, these two Americans will face nightmares of red tape, engineering challenges, corruption and personal set-backs to train and equip the US Marines for their greatest challenges of WWII, and shape world history."

something like God ..128 P
"This six-week guide will help you look within yourself to find an answer ... to find THE answer. Every spiritual journey begins with a first step. Regardless of who you are, where you are, or where you come from, this book will help to kick start your spiritual awareness and just the right time-right now! - Aaron A. Reno, Author "

The Next Generation of Dads - A book about Fathers, Mentors and Male Role Models..126 P
"After reading The Next Generation of Dads, you will feel the call to action to make a difference in the lives of children. You will appreciate how much impact you have on kids in your life and you will seek out opportunities to make a difference in their lives. You will become more aware of how impressionable children are. United, we will all go forth like an army intent on helping the future generations of children to be better off."

Democracy & the Second Amendment..38 Pages
"As a conservative, I was a little wary about reading what seemed like a democrats liberal view on gun ownership in America and was worried it was another argument to ban guns and render the people defenseless against tyrants and attackers. On the contrary, I was pleasantly surprised by this well thought out argument FOR gun ownership among the US peoples."

The Mummifier´s Daughter - A Novel in Ancient Egypt ...157 P
"Ancient Egypt, 1233 BC. The Mummifier's Daughter returns us to a land steeped in mystery and magic. The detailed storytelling paints a picture of ancient Egypt in all its glory.
 Bestselling author Nathaniel Burns has woven a delightfully dark tale around what must have been the most remarkable period of Egyptian history."

Delusions of Grandeur ..128 P
"DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR is part dark and humorous memoir, part relentless cultural critique. How can a people who have so much still feel dissatisfied? How does an educated but jaded society reconcile what they know with what they see happening around them? These and other big questions are examined and updated for today. If you have ever felt that more should be happening – in your life, in this culture we give ourselves to – then this book is for you. "

The Non-Jew's Guide to Jewish Ceremonies ...30 Pages

A Life of Gratitude: 21 Days to Overcoming Self-Pity and Negativity..164 P
"During a season of transition in my life, I found myself overwhelmed with negative emotions like self-pity and a complaining spirit. It was as if a dark cloud had descended over me. I prayed and asked God for wisdom on how to overcome these negative emotions. As I did, I sensed Him leading me to do a 21 day gratitude challenge."

Phoenix Flight: Rise of the Phoenix Flight..382 P
"A fantastic read! Creelman's punny writing style and eccentric characters will keep you wanting more. His action sequences flow as if you were watching them happen, the sci-fi and pop-culture references keep you feeling connected to the distant futuristic setting, and Creelman often chooses to twist the heros' back stories in ways that will surprise you while giving you a good laugh."

Who's That Dog? 35 Fabulous Rescues That Found Their Forever Homes..74 Pages
"Who's That Dog? features portraits of 35 extraordinary rescue dogs in a unique way. For each dog in the book there are two photographs. In the first image, we see the mystery dog from behind, and learn their story in their own voice. In the following photograph, we see the front of the dog, where they reveal their identity and introduce themselves. The amazing collection of dog breeds ranges from a Schipperke to a German Shepherd, and everything in-between. Once you meet them all, you'll agree that Who's That Dog is a strong testament to the canine spirit, and a compelling case for making your next dog a rescue from an animal shelter. A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to animal non-profit organizations."

100 Year Old Recipes You Can Still Make Today: HOMEMADE CANDIES..43 Pages
"This book contains home-made candy recipes which are 100 or more years old, but can still be made today. The recipes date from 1885-1908, and include recipes from the author's great-grandmother in addition to archival recipes from books and newspapers.  Discussion of the lack of modern refrigeration during this time period is also included. "

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Thursday Uopdate:

check the post above, some of the books offered are still available for free today.

An A-Hole Gets In Shape (Etiquette For A-Holes) ..Humor...30 Pages
"A-Hole. That’s right, I said A-Hole. Don’t let the title scare you. Any word that you might hear on a primetime sit-com can’t really be a “bad” word, now can it? A-Hole sounds offensive, but really it’s just the best word that we have to describe those people, places and things that we encounter in our day-to-day lives that make us want to punch a hole in the steering wheel. A-Holes come in all shapes, ages, colors and sizes, but the one common thread is that they are all selfish, narcissists who think that the rules don’t apply to them. Whether they’re weaving down the freeway, cutting in line at the coffee shop or incessantly blabbing on their blue-tooth headset, they all get under our skin. Read along and we’ll laugh at the shared frustration that these A-Holes inflict on our lives, all the while realizing one universal truth: everyone has a little A-Hole in them."

Gentleman Commando ..140 P
"Who created the British Commandos?  Who led the very first British Commando raid of WW II into occupied France? Who was the secret head of all British military clandestine operations in the Far East before the fall of Singapore? And who, as the acting Commander in Chief of all remaining British forces in Sumatra, personally surrendered all British forces on the island to the victorious Japanese Army? The answer? One man. Col. Alan G. Ferguson Warren – one of the great unsung heroes of the Second World War. "

AFGHANISTAN - LASHKAR GAH: HOME OF THE WARRIORS. (One Year in Taliban Country) 348 P
"From 2007 to 2008 an American served as an International Adviser to a small Afghan-led Counter-narcotics Advisory Team in the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah, Helmand Province, Southwestern Afghanistan. Helmand Province was, and still is, the scene of half the world's opium poppy production and ground center zero of a raging Taliban-fueled insurgency. It is a microcosm of why U.S. efforts failed in Afghanistan - the damage was all self-inflicted."

Top Tips to Reduce Stress Naturally (Fully Illustrated): Your Natural Road to Relaxation & Happiness...88 Pages
"There are many natural ways in which we can reduce our stress loads to within acceptable limits simply by changing a few things that we do or by incorporating some simple coping techniques. The first thing we need to look at is how to rein in that run away horse by regaining control and then working to keep it that way. It’s OK, it will be worth it."

John Milton's Paradise Lost In Plain English...448 P
"The PLAIN ENGLISH version you’ve been waiting for! Now a new, improved Kindle-friendly edition! Nothing else like it! Between-the-lines format! More choices! Easy navigation! Still hated by your teacher! "

Practical Paleo Prepping...43 Pages
"Practical Paleo Prepping is a book for preppers that are whole heartily dedicated to the Paleo Diet. This book will help explain some basics of prepping while maintaining your Paleo Diet. And show you that it is possible to stick with your diet even in a SHTF event."

The Great Big World of Biking: The Ever-Changing Evolution of Road Biking, Mountain Biking, and Cyclist Training (How To Bike) 109 P

What Smells? Stories From Deer Camp..79 Pages
"Deer Camp stories on how-to bag your biggest buck, cook it and assorted tales from 50 years of roaming the woods, streams and lakes of Minnesota!
Includes 36 of my favorite deer camp recipes for preparing deer, elk or bear."   Nice cover also.

Bandwidth - The Ghost of Devlin Mallard...361 P
"Inspired to rediscover his roots and family history, computer programmer Michael, soon learns that the past is sometimes best left undisturbed: lurking in the history of his bloodline is a twisted killer, Devlin Mallard. A man dispatched from this earth in 1929 at the end of a hangman’s noose.
 In the 21st Century, spirits have moved on from Ouija boards and séances. The dead now travel by broadband – hidden in the Bandwidth. They inhabit the chat rooms, plying their trade online, ever hungry for contact with the living.
 Now freed from the darkness and roaming cyberspace, this ghost is hell-bent on exacting revenge and unleashing mayhem.
 Fighting for his life, and that of his family, Michael joins forces with murder investigator, Detective Sergeant Woods, and rides a roller-coaster of global killings to the final confrontation. He must face his demon and return Devlin Mallard to the darkness."

DEATH DREAMS Deluxe The Complete Works of Chris Robertson...294 P
"This book includes every piece of horror and science fiction that I wrote from 2005-2012. Many people believe horror to be an inferior genre, but not I. Horror done well is really just drama taken to a higher, more primal level.".  25 Stories, see description for list.

At the End - a post-apocalyptic novel (The Road to Extinction, Book 1) 230 P
"In 2048, the human population borders 39 billion after the termination of the birth control industry, and the realities of overcrowding have sunken into the minds of the world, until billions mysteriously go missing. In the wake of civilization's collapse, a trio of teenage gamers from Washington struggle to endure. Maggy, a strong-willed intellectual, leads Darrel and Félix, two shy geeks, on an expedition down the west coast, as they try to determine the source of humanity's downfall."

how to draw mermaids, sea animals and life under the sea (how to draw comics and cartoon characters)

how to draw dwarves and gnomes step by step (how to draw comics and cartoon characters) 30 Pages

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Slim pickings today.

Kindle Books Free

Low carb books
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Friday Update:

Comedy book from above post is still free.

Roots of Strategy: Book 1: Bk. 1...450 P
"The 5 greatest military classics of all time, complete in one volume. Writings of Sun Tzu, Vegetius, Marshal Maurice de Saxe, Frederick the Great, and Napoleon are introduced by editor Brigadier General Thomas R. Phillips and provide insight into leadership, strategy and the technology of weapons."

Surviving Bataan and Beyond: Colonel Irvin Alexander's Odyssey as a Japanese Prisoner of War (Stackpole Military History Series) 352 P
"Few American prisoners of war during World War II suffered more than the group that was captured on the Bataan Peninsula in the Philippines. The men were forced to endure the infamous Death March, a series of overcrowded prison camps, and the "hell ships" transporting them to Japan and Korea. Among them was Col. Irvin Alexander, who recounts his harrowing experience as a captive of the Japanese. As a midlevel commander, he knew the politics behind the surrender in April 1942, but he also suffered with the rest of the men through a horrific confinement. This is the story of one man's struggle to survive a brutal, often unfathomable captivity."

The Ranger Force: Darby's Rangers in World War II...400 P
"In this gripping companion to his acclaimed The Battalion (978-0-8117-0184-6), which told the story of the 2nd Ranger Battalion in World War II, Robert W. Black turns his attention to the 1st, 3rd, and 4th Ranger Battalions, otherwise known as Darby's Rangers. These elite soldiers accompanied British commandos on the failed Dieppe Raid in August 1942, participated in Operation Torch in North Africa three months later, battled across Sicily the following summer, and ended the war in Italy, where they landed at Salerno in September 1943 and Anzio in January 1944 and were decimated at the Battle of Cisterna."

Dark Eagle (Interesting Characters of the American Revolution) 444 P
"He was our greatest patriot and most beloved hero and today his name is synonymous with treason. What caused such a complete turnabout? What factors could so radically change a man's heart and soul? This, the last of the trilogy, is that story. The story of six crucial years in the life of Benedict Arnold. Three years that created the revered patriot-hero and the three that formed the despised traitor."

The Youngest Patriot (Interesting Characters of the American Revolution) 167 P
"The Youngest Patriot is the story, the first in the trilogy, of the coming of age of a young boy set against the turmoil of the British occupation of Long Island during the American Revolution. Elijah Churchill defies his father and joins the Continental Army at age thirteen. The story culminates with Elijah as the recipent of the first Purple Heart; designed and awarded by General George Washington."

WAR STORIES - From an Army Pilot Flying in the CIA's Secret War in Laos (myTroubledSkies) 326 P
"On the Vietnam Wall are the names of dozens of our unit's lost young men, lost to crashes, KIAs, MIAs, and many that left on missions into Laos and North Vietnam--and just disappeared.
 This book is a collection of mostly individual events, some short, some many pages long, so you can read though parts of the book, put it down, and come back to another section of details about the crashes, the shoot downs and missing guys."

CALLING ALL AMERICAN PATRIOTS: (THE ELEPHANT IN THE GOVERNMENT) 28 Pages
"Tim Lawson pulls no punches in his expose of how much influence a very few families have within the halls of power in Washington D.C.."

Origin..306 P
"Thriller writer J.A. Konrath, author of the Lt. Jack Daniels series, digs into the vaults and unearths a technohorror tale from the depths of hell...
 1906 - Something is discovered by workers digging the Panama Canal. Something dormant. Sinister. Very much alive.
 2009 - Project Samhain. A secret underground government installation begun 103 years ago in New Mexico. The best minds in the world have been recruited to study the most amazing discovery in the history of mankind. But the century of peaceful research is about to end.
 Because it just woke up."

03/01/2013: apparently Amazon changed up everything on free books offered. It will take me a couple of days to figure this new system out. Entire categories have been changed or grouped in a larger mix. We lucked out on history with some great choices.

Link Posted: 3/1/2013 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, some great choices today....thank you
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Saturday Update:

How to Draw-Drawing Your Way Learn To Draw Like a Pro With Your Own Individual Style, Quickly, Easily & Naturally. Volume 1. Sense Awareness..188 P
"When you look for a book on how to draw, understand that....
 There truly is only ONE WAY TO DRAW – that way is YOUR WAY! Whether you’re a beginning or advanced student doesn’t matter. "
9   5 Star

Why Grandpa Works at Wal-Mart..30 Pages
"This is an illustrated, easy to understand book that teaches exactly how inflation (increasing the supply of money) results in increased prices. This story clearly shows the economic mechanism that leads to increased prices and the result on Grandpa’s fixed income. Written in the form of a children's book, this work is applicable for ages 8-100+. There are two reasons this book is unique:
1) It is a simple, illustrated book that accurately describes economics in story form.
2) Inflation affects everyone, but why prices rise is not generally understood."

Obamacare: Don't Understand It? You Are Not Alone!...42 Pages
"Are you having trouble understanding what the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is all about? Are you unsure whether your health insurance company is doing it right? Do you wonder what has been implemented, what is subject to change, and what is still on the way? You are not alone! So do a lot of people!
 My purpose in this booklet is to give you both a broad overview and a somewhat more detailed discussion of the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. While it’s almost impossible to talk about Obamacare without taking a partisan stance, I do intend to do just that. Yes, I have my opinions, but I really want to just stick to the facts, without bias, so you can decide for yourself whether and how much this law will affect your life, and how you plan to respond to the inevitable changes and challenges yet to come. I also hope to show how this sweeping legislation will affect the different segments of society. It’s a given, from what I’ve read so far, that they won’t all be affected in the same way. This, of course, is the basis for much of the controversy surrounding this new law."

Disaster Preparedness: Emergency Survival...55 Pages
"In this survival book you will learn the most practical ways to prepare for emergencies from blackouts, economic survival, necessities to have on hand, how to obtain water without electricity and how to be ready for survival, for urban preppers and rural areas."

The Secrets to Selling Your Home for Top Dollar: How to Get the Best Value Out of Your Home in a Difficult Market...36 Pages
"The Secrets to Selling Your Home for Top Dollar gives you a complete checklist on how to get your home ready for sale. Using the experience and knowledge of several talented realtors, this book will describe how to present your home in its best and most appealing way. Learn what you can do to prepare your home for market. These tips and strategies will help to boost your selling price and give your home a shorter selling time. You will learn how to make your home look bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer, and more desirable with more “curb appeal”.
10  5 Star

Cook Like A Cajun...52 Pages

A Quick Start Guide to Organic Gardening ...42 Pages

Starting Your Organic Garden (Creating Your Own Personal Garden!)..31 Pages

30 Ways to Eat a Tomato..75 Pages

Bug Out Bag: How to get your personal bug-out-bag together...41 Pages

No Easy Hope (Surviving the Dead)...337 P
"Eric Riordan was once a wealthy man leading a comfortable, easy life. Until one day Gabriel--his oldest friend,  a Marine Corps veteran, and a former mercenary--told him how the world was going to end. He did his best to prepare. He thought he was ready for anything. He was wrong."
235    4.4 Star

RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse ...44 Pages
"If you're a fan of 'The Walking Dead' or a zombie fan like I am, you will enjoy read this book. It contains four different short stories, each one with a twist. They are stories written from different points of views, set in different locations, yet each story shares the premise of an inevitable apocalyptic zombie world. Some of the stories deal with the human aspect of being placed in different situations while in this zombie world."

Aberrations: Horror Stories...117 P
"ABERRATIONS is a creepy collection of works by some of the best horror writers in the business. "

Link Posted: 3/2/2013 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#38]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ALZG56W?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

To Feed the Sparrowhawks (This is the first of three parts of 'To Feed the Sparrowhawks') [Kindle Edition]
K. K. Brown (Author)

Book Description:
It is 1976, and Rhodesia has exploded into full-scale civil war.
The white settlers are fighting a vicious rearguard campaign in the vast Tribal Trust Lands and on remote and isolated border farms, against an ever more determined Black Nationalist foe.
Unwillingly sucked into this conflict, farmer Jumbo McQueen meets the girl of his dreams and hopes to build a future with her on his farm.
Caring nothing for politics, McQueen is drawn by a single wartime incident - and by his connections with members of the Security Forces - into the spiral of violence.
‘To Feed the Sparrowhawks’ simultaneously follows the fortunes of McQueen, the Guerrilla section that targets his farm, and McQueen’s Special Branch friend: Vic Bailey.
This is the first part of the three-book series and includes a preview of the second book, which is due to be launched in February 2013.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#39]
whogasak47, you are awesome. I always check in on this thread and grab up a few other books. Thank everyone for contributing to this thread
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for everyone who contributes to this thread. I check it daily and add to my Kindle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Sunday Update:

The Long Escape ...327 P
"This is a true story; a story of survival. It tells of how a boy and his family lived a life of hellish abuse, fought back, and learned to live with the memories. It is also an adventure tale, following the boy through the military buildup to the Viet Nam War, Pacific Island love affairs, and his personal battles in the Montana mountains."

The Fragile Peace...320 P
"A thriller of violent prejudices and divided loyalties. About the province where no-one talks, this story tells it like it is. This Ulster novel reaches to the very roots of sectarian life and death. Written by a member of the security forces, it penetrates behind the media-screen to reveal a human landscape that is unknown, yet startlingly believable. It is a world where sworn enemies may exchange confidences over a game of snooker; where a kneecapping operation turns into a deadly vendetta fuelled by sexual jealousy and where the fate of the United Kingdom could rest in the hands of one punch drunk bruiser with a dangerous addiction. Everything is here, from the glamour of hi-tech intelligence work to the despairing pub-talk of men locked in the past. Trace the origins of these relentless tit-for-tat killings, often starting in childhood and see how the lives of vastly different people may by mysteriously linked forever against the fatally beautiful backdrop of Northern Ireland."

Justice or Injustice? What Really Happens In A Jury Room...150 P
"This story is about a small town boy that was thrown into jury service on a highly publicized Capital Murder trial in Myrtle Beach, SC. It involves the case of: The State of SC vs. Kimberly Renee Poole. This book isn't about the murder, or the guilt or innocence of the accused. Its about the experiences of a juror and his fight to standup for his beliefs. The author will put you right in a jury seat during this trial so that you can experience his plight."

Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs & More Dinosaurs: Volume 1 (The Essential Guide To Dinosaurs For Kids On Kindle)

My Guardian Idiot ~ fantasy tales for your funny bone ...46 Pages
"From the author of the Stacy Justice Mysteries. A short collection of fantasy stories to tickle your funny bone."

Alien Invasion - Life As We Know It (John Kilmerstone's Sci-fi & Horror Series)..36 Pages
"Life as we know it is about to change, maybe to end. All over the planet, Krionic vessels of destruction fall like an endless shower of meteorites. Their attack is sudden, brutal and devastating. They wreck havoc upon the cities, the industry, the transports and the communication systems.
 Within days, they will annihilate all of the world's infrastructures and bring civilization to its knees. All seems lost and the fate of the world lies with one man: Sam Bolein."

Fishing's Greatest Misadventures...204 P
"Fishing’s Greatest Misadventures presents twenty-six true stories which cover the spectrum from terrifying to comical to downright bizarre. In these pages everyday fishermen, pros, and journalists tell their stories of freak accidents, fishy attacks, pranks, idiotic decisions, eerie or unexplained incidents, and other jaw dropping, adrenalin-pumping calamities. The stories bring to life the strange possibilities that await us once we cast our lines into known and unknown waters."  Cover of book is hilarious.

New To Prepping 2 Book Bundle...52 Pages
"2 fantastic books bundled into one:
 Survive Doomsday: How to become a prepper and survive after a doomsday event. – Butch S Hardcastle.   Preppers Essential Guide to Surviving a Natural Disaster, Doomsday Event and Economic Meltdown – Butch S Hardcastle

Betting on Fate (A Series About Fate)...Teens...339 P
"Charlotte Bowman thought all teenage boys were alike. She had been warned all her life that they were only interested in one thing. Then along came Ryan Taylor, her long lost neighbor. After a terrible car accident claimed his father’s life and seriously injured his mother, Ryan was forced to leave the prestigious Abbot Hall Academy in London and return home to South Carolina. His only intentions were to help his mother with her rehabilitation and take care of his out-of-control younger brother."

Evelina and the Time Pirates...Teens...197 P
"Evelina Crimm just wants to be normal. She has her life planned, until she spends summer vacation with two crazy Aunts and discovers she’s a Water Witch. Soon things get a little freaky and she’s living a double life, slinging hash during the week and dodging black magic spells every weekend. Not to mention a certain mysterious warlock she can’t seem to stay away from."

The Mongol Rally - 8,000 miles in a 1982 Ford Fiesta!...56 Pages
"Three young men, inspired by a lack of anything better to do, decided to drive a 1982 Ford Fiesta with a cruising speed of 45mph through Europe, Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan to Ulaan Baator, Mongolia to raise money for charity as part of the Mongol Rally 2006.
 Despite being crippled with youthful ignorance and a lack of planning, foresight or any mechanical know-how they bumbled all 8,000 miles and had a great time doing it. This our comic story over 20,000 words reconstructed from scrawled notes on the back seat."

Atlantic Crossing, Cape Town South Africa to Fortaleza Brazil, in 21 days (Impi's Word Tour Stories) 99 Pages
"This first volume of our world tour stories is the first 21 days of our journey: the South Atlantic crossing to Brazil from Cape Town. It was initially written as letters to my mum, who would further distribute our satellite mail to friends and relatives. My mum lost her husband and I, a father, a little while before our departure. Whereas I felt dad was with me on my crossing, these letters were my way to involve my mum who I had difficulty in leaving behind."

How to be a Hero (Treasures of Darkness - Treasures of Light) 48 Pages
"Eleven year old Jacob longs to be strong. He longs to be a hero, and living in service to one of Cairemia's mightiest knights you would think he'd have the chance. But, he is only a servant. That is until danger strikes and he is the only one who can heed the call. His life endangered, his courage tested—he'll find out if he knows... How to Be a Hero."

The Chronicles of Good and Evil - Dracula's Lair (The Chronicles Series) 386 P
"1450. Southwest Ireland. Daniel Milligan is born. And dies the same day. But his Life is not over. It's just beginning. And he's not a Vampire. Daniel Milligan has become an Angel. And a Warrior. The 13th in an elite legion of Angels. With a life and death mission: The preservation of Good and the death of Evil.
 Their foe is the essence of evil incarnate. Satan. The Devil himself. Now allied with Dracula. Not Bram Stoker's monster of Legend, Folklore and Myth, but the real flesh and blood creature. Will the Supernatural powers of their massed army of Demons, Werewolves and Vampires enable them to rule the World?
 Earth's landscape is soon to be reshaped. But for good? - Or evil? Magic and Wizards are powerless. Evil lingers in the abyss of night. And only the Epic Quest of Daniel and his Angel Warriors can challenge it."

How Not to Poach a Unicorn ...180 P
"The deepest darkest prison on the planet is not where anyone would choose to start their day, particularly when they have a job to do.
 A princess and her personal guards, fighting to stop a war, arrested for trespassing; an expert assassin, stalking a merciless wizard, arrested for poaching; and a confused boy, utterly lost and severely concussed, arrested for failing to adequately explain who he was or how he came to be lying in a sizable crater.
 Together this unlikely, and somewhat unwilling, band of allies will perform daring escapes and battle an onslaught of mages, monsters, and malodorous thieves as they race across a continent to save two nations from mutual annihilation."

Becoming God's Friend: Understanding Your Growth from Servant to Friend ...214 P
"Friend. No word is its equal in capturing the power of the most needed relationships in our lives. Marriage without friendship is bondage. Family without friendship is just genetics. Friendship is a choice made in the partnership of two united souls. It is strengthened over time and grows stronger each time it is tested. Friends make life's sorrows softer and its joys sweeter. People need friends.
 This book has one goal. It wants to show how you can be a treasured friend to God. You can rise above just being a servant in His house. Your place can be even higher than an obedient child in His family. You can stand beside Him as a cherished and needed friend. All it takes from you is for you to fulfill the promise of your faith. "

Cuban Cuisine "Ahi Nama" Best Recipes of the Islands - Caribbean Circle Cookbooks (Organic Caribbean Recipes) 96 Pages

From The Heart Cookbook...152 Pages
"In just over a year, Amazon.com best-selling author Laura Henderson went from a single, full-time attorney who rarely had time to eat - let alone cook - to a wife and a business owner with a baby on the way.
As a child, Henderson learned at her Grandmother's feet that cooking is a way of connecting to the hearts of the ones we love. Even though we're all so busy nowadays, that doesn't mean there isn't time to make wholesome meals to feed the body, mind, and spirit, and Henderson will show you how.
This book includes recipes for healthful breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners easy enough for a novice chef, and tasty enough for the most discriminating palate. There is also a full chapter filled with delicious dessert recipes... perhaps not all of which are 100% diet-friendly! Each recipe also includes a space for you to write in notes to help you experiment and make it your own "secret family recipe."

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like some really good ones today, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Monday Update:

Hurricane Katrina, A Journey Of Hope...92 Pages
"Imagine that when you wake up tomorrow, the clothes on your back will be everything you own. For so many of my fellow countrymen, this nightmare scenario quickly became their reality following the landfall of Hurricane Katrina.
If I had just one lesson to share as a result of my experience post-Hurricane Katrina, it would be this:
 When disaster strikes, there will be those who require the aid of their fellow man, and there will be those who are fortunate enough to escape serious harm. Those in the second group have the option of retreating to safety; if the situation warrants, they can return to help those in need who were unable to help themselves.
 Do everything in your power to make sure that you and those who rely on you are part on the second group. In a crisis, having multiple options and the willingness to use those options is priceless."    Much more in description.

John Cussons: The Confederacy's Lincolnshire Scout ..49 Pages
"John Cussons was born in the north of England, in the county of Lincolnshire, to be precise. However he was an adventurous fellow, and he quickly decided that there was more to see in the world than just the town of Horncastle. He hopped on a ship bound for the United States in 1855, and never looked back. "

Native American Tribes: The History and Culture of the Seminole...49 Pages
"The Seminole tribe is one of the best known Native American tribes, and one of the most feared among 19th century Americans and Spaniards. In fact, the origin of the term Seminole comes from a Spanish description of them as “wild”, which belies the fact that the Seminole had friendly relations with the British and Spanish during the colonial era. "

Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin & Leon Trotsky: The Soviet Union's Big Three..167 P
"The Soviet Union's Big Three explores the lives and legacies of Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin before the Bolshevik Revolution, as well as the crucial roles they played in establishing the Soviet Union and turning it into a modern superpower." Much more detail in description.

WHERE THE INVISIBLE VANISH: Magic at the Intersection of Homelessness and Hospitality..135 P
"This is a story about home and the powerful aspect of that concept. Losing home, finding home, making home, leaving home, returning home, missing home, searching for home. This is a story about homelessness of the body, mind, heart and spirit and the deeply rooted longing we all feel to be taken in, accepted and loved.
 I invite you to enter Blanchet’s front door with me and spend eighteen months with the invisible among us; the working poor, the unemployed, the mentally ill, the disabled, the addicted and the homeless. Please, come inside and catch a whiff of bacon and rain as the door closes behind us."

Butterflies, Possum & Laughter: A Birds Eye Look At An Enduring Friendship That Knew No Bounds, and How it affects The One Left Behind...94 Pages

How I Built my own Rustic Masonry Heater / Pizza Oven (21st Century Self Reliance: A Survival Preparation)  49 Pages
"This book not only helps any person interested in designing and building a contra flow masonry heater / pizza oven from start to finish, but shows a number of problems the author ran into and overcame in the process. This book shows that any person with a desire can overcome any difficulty, including a lack of any kind of experience laying bricks or masonry, and successfully build a fully functional and reliable interior contra flow fire device and operational pizza oven inside your kitchen or home."

Miles from Home: A true story of the choices that define us ...190 P
"What would you do for your best friend?
When Sean called, asking me to help him drive his parents from Wisconsin to Washington, I found out.
Sean's mother had Alzheimer's disease and his father was dying from lung cancer. We were taking them to their final home, an assisted living facility near Sean. And while his dad said he didn't want it to be an ambulance ride, it was clear this wasn't any vacation.
Sean and I had thirty years of history. He was my best friend, my first love…and, until very recently, the man I was living with. He was the man who wrote the words I'd carry in my heart my entire adult life, and the man who broke my heart.
Miles from Home is the true story of our cross-country trip, an end-of-life journey for one person and new beginnings for the rest of us. It is a story about life, death, friendship, and the choices we make. It is about the messiness of life, and, ultimately, the power of love."

Candy Making Made Easy - Instructions and 17 Starter Recipes..90 Pages

Chicago Cooks: 25 Years of Chicago Culinary History and Great Recipes from Les Dames d'Escoffier ...224 Pages

Just In

These Old Tales - Complete (A Collection of Dark Fiction) 278 P
"These Old Tales is a collection of dark fiction containing 38 flash to short story length pieces totaling over 75,000 words. Whether you are seeking gunfights, ghosts, abnormalities, werewolves, zombies, psychotic killers, the reaper, the devil, or all around everyday bad guys this collection has something for you. There is a little bit of everything for horror genre fans."

Time Traders ...154 P
"This was the first Sci Fi book I read 35 odd years ago. And it launched me into reading all her other stories and the other great Sci Fi authors too. It is fun to reread this book now for it takes place late in the 20th century. The Cold War fears of that time (remember it was written in the 50's) are all thru the book and very familiar to one who grew up then. This book and the following three are still very good reads. They are full of adventure and bold ideas and you do wnat them to end, And now I see where Ms Norton and another author are writing new Time Trader books. I cannot wait!!! "

Dead End ...278 P
"This was a very good mystery that kept me guessing until the surprise ending. It got a little bogged down in some of the police procedures but all in all I liked it for it's authenticity. The main characters were new and fresh and I enjoyed getting to know them. I look forward to reading another book by this author."

Becoming Quinn (A Jonathan Quinn Novel) 192 P
"From award winning author Brett Battles comes the new Jonathan Quinn thriller BECOMING QUINN. Most careers begin with an interview and a handshake. Others require a little ... something more. Meet Jake Oliver. The day will come when he's one of the best cleaners in the business, a man skilled at making bodies disappear. At the moment, however, he's a twenty-two year old rookie cop, unaware his life is about to change."

Traitor, Book 1 of The Turner Chronicles...352 P
"Last Chance - a small town set on the edge of the far frontier. It is a place of gentle manners and common civility. After all, it should be since more than three quarters of its residents are women. However times change when a Talent Master runs rampant, savages threaten war, and an illegal militia from an alternate universe plans invasion and empire. A hero is needed. A Savior. Meet Aaron Turner, the small unassuming man who runs the Last Chance General Store. He is this town's--this world's--only hope. Unfortunately for the town, Aaron also happens to be a soldier and Militia spy whose job is to prepare the ground for the Militia's invasion. To help him with this task, he has a cellar filled with advanced weaponry and the unique ability to teleport between the two worlds. However after a year of living within Last Chance, Aaron is no longer sure in which direction his loyalties lie."

Even more

The Survivors: Book One (Life After War) 659 Pages
"The End of the world has given us a harsh, merciless existence, where nature tries hard to push mankind to the very brink of extinction. Everything is against us, between us...
"Untold miles of lawless, apocalyptic roads wait for our feet, and the Future, cold and dark, offers little comfort. Without CHANGE, there will be no peace. Only Survivors."
"Set along the lines of The Stand and The Postman, this is a chilling vision of the collapse of all society in the year 2012 and the rebirth of a nation by those who survived. It's so much more than just another fantasy series."  -The Review Shop
From dangerous trips into dark, apocalyptic cities, to patriotic rescues and furious revelations, Life After War is an action packed fantasy series where those left alive must come to terms with their mistakes in the old world, while fighting for a place in the new one. It's the apocalyptic fantasy series that Stephen King fans have been searching for. This way, please..."

The Zombie Chronicles (Apocalypse Infection Unleashed Series) 167 P
"Val was bitten by a zombie and now she’s scheduled for lethal injection. Breaking all the rules, eighteen year old, Dean Walters snags an experimental serum. But it can’t be tested until Val turns into a zombie: something authorities won’t allow. Her execution is scheduled to happen before transformation is complete, giving Dean only hours to break her out.
 When their helicopter crashes straight into the heart of Zombie Land, his rescue mission becomes a fight for survival…and giving up on Val is NOT an option."

Dead On My Feet (Book 2 of the Zombie D.O.A. Series) 173 P
"After escaping from zombie-infested New York, Chris Collins travels across the devastated ruins of post-apocalyptic America in search of his daughter.
The zombies rule the cities, but they are by no means the only threat. Standing in his way are cannibalistic, slave-trading motorcycle gangs, crazed 'Resurrection Men', and 'Corporation Agents' who want information he doesn't have.
Throw in a psychotic wannabe gunslinger, a zombie super-model, the inmates of a bizarre 'zombie zoo', and a psychopath who gets his kicks throwing people from skyscrapers and you have a rip-roaring adventure with more twists and turns than a coiled rattlesnake."

LZR-1143: Perspectives...62 Pages
"The collection includes The Pilot, The Boy, The Inmate, The Fry Cook, The Subway Passenger, and The Sniper. In The Pilot, a commercial aviator sees his last flight end in a way he never could have imagined. In The Boy, a family trip is cut short, and a lonely homecoming is not at all as he anticipated. We see the surprising genesis and true identity of a traveling companion in The Inmate, while The Fry Cook reveals the final moments of a teenage fast food worker. In The Subway Passenger, we learn that in the case of zombie apocalypse, you’d probably rather be aboveground. And in The Sniper, the surprising truth that there are some fates that cannot be fought, even with a fifty caliber rifle."

Zombie Games (Origins) 193 P
"Newly Edited Version
Second Edition 12/12/2012
"Seventeen year old Cassandra Wild thought living in the chaos of her mother’s home daycare and dealing with her developing feelings for Bryce, her new Martial Arts’ instructor, was a struggle, until the night her world turned upside down.
When an untested vaccine kills more than just a rampant flu virus, Cassie learns how to survive in a world where the dead walk and the living…run!
This YA story is a lighthearted adventure filled with zombies, butt-kicking teenaged girls, a man obsessed with video games, an annoying but totally HOT karate instructor, and humor when needed."

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Tuesday Update:

It looks like the books added in afternoon are still free .

Breeding Invertebrates for Fun and Food ...267 P
"A comprehensive guide to breeding a wide range of invertebrates in your home or at school. This book will tell you how to easily breed everything from the more usual Tarantulas, Whip Scorpions and Stick Insects, through various beetles and lepidoptera to to the Crickets and Hoverflies you need to feed them. Written by a professional biologist with more than a decades experience breeding a large diversity of invertebrates for one reason or another this book will be invaluable to any invertebrate hobbyist or secondary school science teacher. As well as instructions on breeding more than 40 different types of invertebrates this book also includes instructions on how to make your own nets, pooters, and cages including specialised nests for different species of ants."

Gotham City 14 Miles: 14 Essays on Why the 1960s Batman TV Series Matters..296 P
"Gotham City 14 Miles offers the 1960s Batman TV series the critical reevaluation it deserves. Its essays examine Batmania, camp, the role of women, the show’s participation in ’60s counter-culture, its many celebrated actors, its lasting cultural effects, and other critical subjects.
 From 1966-1968, on both ABC and in movie theatres, America embraced Batman as a campy cultural icon. The nation thrilled to deathtrap cliffhangers and phrases like “Atomic batteries to power!” and “Same bat-time, same bat-channel!” But in the ensuing decades, many vilified the show as an embarrassment that needed to be swept under the rug if Batman — and super-heroes — were to be taken seriously. Having won this battle for legitimacy, perhaps we can now return to Adam West’s Gotham, to the unapologetic fun of colorful, cackling villains hatching bizarre schemes, and deadpan heroes ridiculously climbing walls. And perhaps we may find it not only fun but rich with deeper cultural meanings."

Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen ..180 P
"MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT examines WATCHMEN from a variety of perspectives and uncovers surprising answers about the history of scientific theory, the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, WATCHMEN's murder mystery, Rorschach and Steve Ditko, the secrets of Captain Metropolis and the Minutemen, whether the Comedian was right, who shouldn't read WATCHMEN, and how the motion picture adaptation illuminates the original text. "

Welcome Home...169 P
"Welcome Home is the story of Jake, a black Labrador Retriever mix. For as long as Jake can remember, he has been having the same dream. In his dream, he lives with a wonderful man in a beautiful home. He has never seen the face of the man in the dream, but he knows his voice and is certain that they are meant to be together. When the day comes for Jake to be given away to his new home, he believes that he will finally get to meet the man from his dreams. However, when he is chosen, it is definitely not by the man from his dream! He is taken to a home where he is terribly mistreated. After suffering years of abuse, Jake finally escapes and is able to begin the search for the man he has been dreaming of his entire life. Along the way, Jake meets some interesting characters, survives amazing adventures, and forms life-long friendships. Join Jake on his incredible journey home."

Maybe  more around 10:30 and 4:00.
added as I get them

No Way Out - And Other Scary Short Stories..60 Pages
"Includes two free additional short stories.
That's three 'terrorific' short stories for kids and teens at one low price.
 No Way out - Mike takes a bet to go inside a haunted house, but will he live long enough to collect?
 Also includes:
The Price of Friendship - How much is a best friend worth? Joey finds out the hard way."

Soldier-On: The Mercurey Goodman Experience ...98 Pages
"Destined to be a real-life cult classic, Soldier-On: The Mercurey Goodman Experience, is an unconventional, embarrassingly honest, often hilarious, bordering-on-tragic memoir of an Iraq War veteran and military misfit who rose to the rank of sergeant during 10 years of service to his nation."

A Tale of Two Cities...238 P
"Novel by Charles Dickens, published both serially and in book form in 1859. The story is set in the late 18th century against the background of the French Revolution. Although Dickens borrowed from Thomas Carlyle's history, The French Revolution, for his sprawling tale of London and revolutionary Paris, the novel offers more drama than accuracy. The scenes of large-scale mob violence are especially vivid, if superficial in historical understanding. The complex plot involves Sydney Carton's sacrifice of his own life on behalf of his friends Charles Darnay and Lucie Manette. While political events drive the story, Dickens takes a decidedly antipolitical tone, lambasting both aristocratic tyranny and revolutionary excess--the latter memorably caricatured in Madame Defarge, who knits beside the guillotine. The book is perhaps best known for its opening lines, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," and for Carton's last speech, in which he says of his replacing Darnay in a prison cell, "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known." -- The Merriam-Webster Encyclopedia of Literature."  

Take the All-Mart! (Reprobates of the Wasteland #1) 206 P
"One part Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, one-half part Shaun of the Dead, one part Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and one part...ah hell, this is already breaking down. Let's try this a different way.
J.I. Greco's TAKE THE ALL-MART is simple enjoyable fun. So strap yourself in, plant your tongue firmly in your cheek and get ready for a ride."

1632 (Ring of Fire) 553 Pages
"1632 is one of my favorite books. I first read it back in high school and it is what caused my love for time-travel stories. It is an incredible journey that answers one of the ultimate "What if's" out there. If you are looking for a great book, you should not pass this up. Grab this book if you haven't already."

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#45]
It sucks that Amazon has effectively banned the sites that once had comprehensive lists of free Kindle books. Much harder to find them now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It sucks that Amazon has effectively banned the sites that once had comprehensive lists of free Kindle books. Much harder to find them now.

But we are not giving up here. The worst thing you can tell an American citizen is "you can't have that". Just watch and see.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#47]
When I got my Kindle Fire last year, there was a heading for 100 free books under the Book>Store tab.  It disappeared about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Wednesday Update:

Tremble the Devil ..396 P
"From the start terrorism has been framed as the work of the Devil himself, but this is a dangerous misconception: terrorism is nothing more than the continuation of ancient wars by modern means.
 We see it everyday in the news: stretching out across deafened Arab streets, uncurling in the clouds above shattered refugee camps, and clawing hungrily at the social fabric of America. As our societies and the technologies they depend on have evolved, so too have the methods of the terrorist.
 Understanding today's terrorism requires three levels of comprehension: how the history and religion of the Middle East shaped and in many ways predicated the first modern acts of terrorism, the still-evolving relationship between terrorism and asymmetric warfare, and how globalization's technological and cultural implications will determine the shape and character of the miasma of terror that now threatens to darken the face of the entire civilized world. "

What Goes Around Comes Around. A True Story of Survival. ("Crystalized") 248 P
"This is an amazing true story of survival. One person's journey through life with more twists and turns than a tornado. Child abuse, deadly drug abuse, murder, loss and ultimate betrayal. Everything happens for a reason. Everything one person has been through has now been turned into a story to help and inspire others to survive."

Later Bloomers: 35 People Over Age 35 Who Found Their Passion And Purpose..160 P
"Are you a late-blooming adult? Do you sometimes feel that life has passed you by? You're not alone. But this book will have you believing it's truly "never too late."

No Turning Back ...88 Pages
"Experience the miracle of a life completely surrendered to the Lord. Herbert Grings was an ordinary man, but he accomplished extraordinary things. Read the compelling, true drama of a man who dedicated his life to spreading God's Word throughout the Belgian Congo of Africa. You'll learn of Grings' hardships and fears--from loneliness and despair to wild animals and shipwrecks--and you'll be moved by his unwavering faith in the Lord. You will discover how God blessed his faithful servant, always putting Grings in the right place at the right time. An old minister once told Grings, "We have to suffer persecution if we serve the Lord Jesus." Those words ring true, tim and again. And yet, despite it all, the missionary remains faithful. There is no turning back!"

Inheritance ...356 P
"Paul Henninger is a rookie cop on San Antonio's troubled East Side, where every night is a war against the gangs and the drug dealers. But Paul has a dark past, and a dark inheritance.
 The ghost of Martin Henninger has returned to make sure his son, Paul, delivers on his apocalyptic charge, the result of Martin's black magic, and he’s killing everyone in his path.
  With his two worlds colliding, and the body count stacking up, Paul soon finds himself the lead suspect in a series of grisly cult-style killings, and in an emotional standoff between duty, the truth, his wife, and his dead family."

ZOMBIES!!!!! or Tips and Tricks for Surviving the Coming Zompocalypse...36 Pages
"The end of the world is nigh, are you prepared? If the answer is "no" then this handbook is for you...
Reading this will grant a 50% resistance to zombie infection"

The other side of Dead..82 Pages
"Contained within this collection are seven stories, each story dealing with the mystery of death and what may lie beyond. "

I Use a Potty! A Potty Training Complement as a Children's Picture Book (Kids Reading!) 34 Pages
"I Use a Potty! A Potty Training Complement as a Children's Picture Book
This picture book is designed to let your child get used to the idea of a potty opposite to diapers.
For this purpose the word POTTY is used both for potty chairs and for toilets.
The 25 humorous illustrations show children and cartoons using a potty or a toilet. Throughout the book the Frog talks to the child describing the images with funny subtitles. "
If you need a smile, check out the cover on this one.

The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets (Stanley & Katrina) 87 Pages
" What happens when a super smart cat and precocious dog finally decide to communicate with each other after three years of living under the same roof?
   Will they do well in the pet show?
   What REALLY happens when you leave your pets alone in the house?"

American Healthcare Unchained - The History, Myths & Economics of Health Care Policy & Reform...174 P
"Based on his 30+ years as a primary care doctor and businessman, Dr. Jones explains clearly what is wrong with our healthcare system, how it became so over-priced and inefficient, and how we can have excellent, affordable health care for all Americans. Dr. Jones also explains the basic laws of economics and behavior that affect health care. He explores the history of our healthcare system, and debunks popular myths that obscure solutions. The problems with Medicare and Obamacare are discussed in the light of history and economics. Compared to other books on healthcare reform, this one is short and easy to read. If there is one book you should read to understand the causes and cures for our healthcare crisis, this is it!"

Airsoft Sniper - A Complete Step-By-Step Guide Teaching Real Sniper Skills, Tactics And Secrets ...100 P
"Have you ever wondered how a sniper fire's a rifle so accurately and uses camouflage and concealment techniques which allow him almost disappear in any environment and use methods to sneak up on the enemy without them having any idea that he his so close.
 Imagine the satisfaction of knowing that due to your help and the information you can provide, your whole team could win an airsoft game and minimise the chances of your other team members being shot.
You would be one very popular and respected player!"

Distillers Handy Kitchen Guide - How to Make Moonshine, Vodka, Whiskey and Other Liquors Like A Southern Pro...27 Pages

Just In

Escape From The Forbidden Planet...173 P
"Caramel Cinnamon thought the worst day of her life was the day her grandparents, the King and Queen of the Elves of Cardamom went missing. She was wrong! The day she spills sticky toffee syrup onto her father's computer, that's when her worst nightmare begins. She finds herself marooned on a forbidden planet, sent there by an evil clone with a very sticky secret. Caramel is desperate to escape. If she doesn't she will lose her dreams of returning to Cardamom to become a healer like her Mum. Luckily, she has a secret of her own and the lives of her family and friends depend on it!
Suitable for children aged 9-12"

Rise of the Dibor (The White Lion Chronicles) 472 P
"Read the story that turned children into warriors, and warriors into legends. "

44 ..156 P
"Last year after falling through the ice, seventeen-year-old Abby Craig woke up from death.
 But she woke into a world she barely recognizes. She can't see colors, memories have been erased, and her friends all hate her. And then there's Jesse, who she loves, but who refuses to forgive her the one mistake she made long ago."

Get LENIN ...238 P
"As the German troops approach Moscow during the Russian offensive of World War II, encountering ever more determined resistance as they go, what if they could snatch the greatest and most heroic symbol of the Soviet Revolution, the body of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin?
 Would Soviet morale collapse? Would Joseph Stalin's Soviet Union be defeated? Would Nazi Germany conquer the world? "

Home School Secrets (Homeschooling from a Non-traditional Homeschool Perspective) 25 Pages

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#49]
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/2013/03/free-kindle-books-3-6-13.html

Becoming Quinn is a great book for fans of the genre. Don't miss out on it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I got my Kindle Fire last year, there was a heading for 100 free books under the Book>Store tab.  It disappeared about 6 months ago.

the listing is still there but they merged it with the 100 top selling list. the top 100 paid are in the left hand column and the top 100 free in the RH column.

for a while they were on seperate tabs, now they are back this way.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store/zgbs/digital-text
Page / 38
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top