User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All of non ca ARFCOM’s chance to call all of ca - thirsty - libtarded - stupid - and gay
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the point of this thread?

All of non ca ARFCOM’s chance to call all of ca - thirsty - libtarded - stupid - and gay

Not all, just most.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor guys, even the snow hates California.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe some of you idiots are allowed to vote and reproduce.

Libs aren't going to be the downfall of the US.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lake Badwater has been pretty dry since I was little.  

Back in the 90s the same thing happened and then record snowfall that filled everything up again.  

View Quote

Climate change?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That is scary!!!

View Quote

No THIS   is scary

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck California. No more corn for you. Iowa haters.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think we are going to have to do something major about the weather, like hook up a worldwide air conditioner or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's easy,move to where the water is.Hur Dur.

Maybe you missed the real point. Think it over while you have a nice salad and some strawberries.

What would be your solution ?

I think we are going to have to do something major about the weather, like hook up a worldwide air conditioner or something.

Fail.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If/when water becomes an even scarcer commodity in California, will scarce supplies be allocated to farmers or the cities (where the voters are)?   The whole "California is a breadbasket that must be saved" is a strawman
argument. The answer is no...city dwellers are not going to sacrifice when they can vote
to take resources away from others.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
No we don't want californians and no you can't have our water. Maybe the state will break off and fall into the ocean.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The first step is to realize and admit that population isn't the problem demonstrated in those pictures. The only real solution is rain, and that comes from the Bering Sea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol.in two years when the rains return, we'll all have a good laugh.

Until then, let's pass more laws and raise more taxes. We must fight climate.

So you aren't really well-informed on the situation then, are you?
OK so now that you have "Raised Awareness" and "Started a conversation".  What the hell do you think we can/should do to fix it?  It's gonna rain or it ain't.  Precious little we can do to change it.  Yes the population that continues to grow in their urban areas is using up and wasting the water resources they have.  Yes they have a drought.  What else do you want??  Not a thing anybody can do to correct it.  You can use what you have more wisely, and you could control anymore population influx.  There are your solutions,  let the farmers have what water there is and wait for rain.    

Moving on now.  

The first step is to realize and admit that population isn't the problem demonstrated in those pictures. The only real solution is rain, and that comes from the Bering Sea.
Do you actually read those words and think that translates to me saying that population is the problem.  I'll translate for you.  It is one piece of the pie.  

Now your proposed solution the Bering sea?  Of lack of rain.  Or whatever your issue happens to be??n  Give me a solution, since you started this "conversation".  Will voting for Hillary make it rain?????
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If/when water becomes an even scarcer commodity in California, will scarce supplies be allocated to farmers or the cities (where the voters are)?   The whole "California is a breadbasket that must be saved" is a strawman argument. The answer is no...city dwellers are not going to sacrifice when they can vote to take resources away from others.  
View Quote

So you didn't read any of the previous posts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No we don't want californians and no you can't have our water. Maybe the state will break off and fall into the ocean.
View Quote

I think it is the zombies you are worried about invading. But don't change your mind. If you did, you might come to visit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
yeah--the cali snowpack is awful.  this is going to have tremendous implications for the next couple of years WRT water resources.
View Quote

The scary thing is for the upstream states in the Colorado River compact. They're about to get the true wrath here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now this I can Fap to... Fap, Fap, Fap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

How to spot a tard who never took thermo... in one easy step.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you actually read those words and think that translates to me saying that population is the problem.  I'll translate for you.  It is one piece of the pie.    

Now your proposed solution the Bering sea?  Of lack of rain.  Or whatever your issue happens to be??n  Give me a solution, since you started this "conversation".  Will voting for Hillary make it rain?????
View Quote

It is such a tiny piece of the pie as to be basically irrelevant to the major problem.

If I had a simple solution, I would be selling it, not telling you about it. I think it is going to require something more than I can do. I think we are going to have to think about global climate control, whatever that means, reflectors and umbrellas in space, or whatever. But I don't have the blueprints for that, yet, if that's what you want.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, I have been around a fair amount and this is the first time it has been that big a problem in my lifetime, so this is something new, regardless of the population.

Famine. Yes. The Chinese system of control that works so well. Thanks for your good wishes for everyone's sake.

Hope you don't like strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines, almonds, or about three dozen other crops. Yeah, I live in a state that produces more food than yours ever did. We thought the same thing at one time, too. No worries, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dupe for a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe if we let them die of thirst they'll go back to Mexico...maybe then they can ask the UN for bottled water.

It may not look like it, but that's about 35 percent of your weekly meals you are looking at in those pictures.

And.....too many people in too small an area to support them. Liberals talk about sustainability, but guess what? They don't live it.

A big die off would help. Some will get by, some won't. Luckily I live in a state that provides the 2nd most of it's food from local/in state sources behind AK and we damn sure aren't running out of water in my lifetime.

Well, I have been around a fair amount and this is the first time it has been that big a problem in my lifetime, so this is something new, regardless of the population.

Famine. Yes. The Chinese system of control that works so well. Thanks for your good wishes for everyone's sake.

Hope you don't like strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines, almonds, or about three dozen other crops. Yeah, I live in a state that produces more food than yours ever did. We thought the same thing at one time, too. No worries, right?

I could probably grow those in my yard :D

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is such a tiny piece of the pie as to be basically irrelevant to the major problem.

If I had a simple solution, I would be selling it, not telling you about it. I think it is going to require something more than I can do. I think we are going to have to think about global climate control, whatever that means, reflectors and umbrellas in space, or whatever. But I don't have the blueprints for that, yet, if that's what you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.  You are serious.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fap, fap, fap, Californians, commies, fags, lots and lots of fags.fap, fap, mostly gays, fap, fap, fap, liberals and male butt sex, fap, fap, . . . . .groooooan

Yeah, heard it before.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point being that it has to be a worldwide solution. Sorry if your sense of humor is lacking.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking really?  This place would be a better place without you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dupe for a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe if we let them die of thirst they'll go back to Mexico...maybe then they can ask the UN for bottled water.

It may not look like it, but that's about 35 percent of your weekly meals you are looking at in those pictures.

And.....too many people in too small an area to support them. Liberals talk about sustainability, but guess what? They don't live it.

A big die off would help. Some will get by, some won't. Luckily I live in a state that provides the 2nd most of it's food from local/in state sources behind AK and we damn sure aren't running out of water in my lifetime.

Yeah, not nearly in those quantities.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quick!!!  Call NASA!!!!  All we need is a space umbrella!

Stupidest fucking thing I have heard this year......
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew no damn good would come of the clean air act, damn it man you need so smog to cool the place off.

that plus those idiots out there tore down the dams, gave all the water to the snail darter and worse than that you keep electing Moonbeam Jerry brown.

while you are at it send all your illegals back and that only will solve the water shortage

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG, this is why I should stay out of GD.  This is the biggest derp thread of the year.  Deal with the drought and then deal with the rain.  And seriously, BUY A VOWEL!!!

The climate is what it is.  And we can't change a thing because this is beyond one nations control, if it is even within the control of man.  You change one thing about the weather on purpose if possible, what are the counterbalances you put into play?  You remind me of that cartoon when I was a kid, the doom and gloomer who always said "It'll never work, we are all gonna die".

Maybe you can get a directed energy machine from Nicolai Tesla and change hurricane patterns.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The point being that it has to be a worldwide solution. Sorry if your sense of humor is lacking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrecking our economy to placate a bunch of pseudo intellectual nanny state dipshits isn't funny.  You and your ilk can get fucked.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah,enough for me,

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

But selling Great Lake water to china is ok? .... maybe you better pay attention to your own back yard genius
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We could put the condenser in space ... or something
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Image removed, pic taken years ago, it'll be snowless this July for sure
Shasta in July, when its bald you know it's over
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know when the Chinese sign on to your space reflectors. ....

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reality is that we all share a planet where not everyone agrees what the right thing to do is.  Am I willing to compromise my lifestyle while developing countries fill the void of excess I voluntarily give up?  Nope!   Even if we did agree, the weather is likely to be something that man has little ability to change.   Conveniently, the weather change POV provides justification for transfer of wealth to causes liberals represent.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OMG, this is why I should stay out of GD.  This is the biggest derp thread of the year.  Deal with the drought and then deal with the rain.  And seriously, BUY A VOWEL!!!    The climate is what it is.  And we can't change a thing because this is beyond one nations control, if it is even within the control of man.  You change one thing about the weather on purpose if possible, what are the counterbalances you put into play?  You remind me of that cartoon when I was a kid, the doom and gloomer who always said "It'll never work, we are all gonna die".

Maybe you can get a directed energy machine from Nicolai Tesla and change hurricane patterns.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG, this is why I should stay out of GD.  This is the biggest derp thread of the year.  Deal with the drought and then deal with the rain.  And seriously, BUY A VOWEL!!!    The climate is what it is.  And we can't change a thing because this is beyond one nations control, if it is even within the control of man.  You change one thing about the weather on purpose if possible, what are the counterbalances you put into play?  You remind me of that cartoon when I was a kid, the doom and gloomer who always said "It'll never work, we are all gonna die".

Well, it kinda comes down to this. We can expect climate change whatever you think causes it. In the last hundred years or so, the world kinda got used to the current climate and settled in various places, farmed in various places, etc., Now (whatever you want to blame it on) we can expect further change and, if that change is big enough then we are going to have things like people having to leave their current places of residence because there is no water or food, or major changes in the food supply, etc.  All of which leads to things like people wanting to go to the good places, which leads to conflicts and wars of all sorts.

So, unless we want to get wiped out by the weather at some point, we are going to need to invest in a whole lot of ammo, or learn to do some science fiction stuff with the weather.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#37]
You want our extra water?  We aren't using any of this

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The reality is that we all share a planet where not everyone agrees what the right thing to do is.  Am I willing to compromise my lifestyle while developing countries fill the void of excess I voluntarily give up?  Nope!   Even if we did agree, the weather is likely to be something that man has little ability to change.   Conveniently, the weather change POV provides justification for transfer of wealth to causes liberals represent.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I don't think the conversation had quite progressed to you compromising your lifestyle over anything. But don't let me stop the panic. There might be a liberal in the room somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sorry, I don't think the conversation had quite progressed to you compromising your lifestyle over anything. But don't let me stop the panic. There might be a liberal in the room somewhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, bless your heart.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#40]
IBTL

Also, I have no idea what any of this means.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well, it kinda comes down to this. We can expect climate change whatever you think causes it. In the last hundred years or so, the world kinda got used to the current climate and settled in various places, farmed in various places, etc., Now (whatever you want to blame it on) we can expect further change and, if that change is big enough then we are going to have things like people having to leave their current places of residence because there is no water or food, or major changes in the food supply, etc.  All of which leads to things like people wanting to go to the good places, which leads to conflicts and wars of all sorts.

So, unless we want to get wiped out by the weather at some point, we are going to need to invest in a whole lot of ammo, or learn to do some science fiction stuff with the weather.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So seriously you think this is the first time this has happened in the history of the world?  Get used to it, it will happen again.  Maybe technology will someday make a directed energy Tesla machine that will change the weather.  But to what end?  Mother nature wins, every time.  We are temporary.  Our places of residence are temporary.  Another generation will come along and fill in the gaps.  Or we will all die out and become extinct.  You think we can do something to control this?  Good luck with that.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
California, knows how to party.
View Quote

In the city, the city of Compton.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing new. It's a never ending cycle of brutal droughts then a few years of lots of water.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought he was just joking around.

But now I think he has less common sense than a fucking box of rocks.  He types and
spells correctly, but has no concept of science.  So what we have here is a prime
example of the collision of a liberal arts education with the real world.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah! But my parents neighbors lawn looks Awesome!..... I think my parents are the only ones on her Street following water restrictions.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I thought he was just joking around.

But now I think he has less common sense than a fucking box of rocks.  He types and
spells correctly, but has no concept of science.  So what we have here is a prime
example of the collision of a liberal arts education with the real world.

View Quote

Yes, do tell me all about my liberal arts education. Tell me all you know about that topic. Then we can go on to common sense. OK?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So seriously you think this is the first time this has happened in the history of the world?  Get used to it, it will happen again.  Maybe technology will someday make a directed energy Tesla machine that will change the weather.  But to what end?  Mother nature wins, every time.  We are temporary.  Our places of residence are temporary.  Another generation will come along and fill in the gaps.  Or we will all die out and become extinct.  You think we can do something to control this?  Good luck with that.    
View Quote

Where did I say it was the first time this happened? Not being quite ready to go extinct yet, I naturally try to look for another option. If you want to go extinct without even thinking about it, make your own choice in that matter.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#49]

So, because it isn't new, that means it isn't going to be a problem this time. Is that the idea?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Where did I say it was the first time this happened? Not being quite ready to go extinct yet, I naturally try to look for another option. If you want to go extinct without even thinking about it, make your own choice in that matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The human race isn't going to to extinct because of a drought in California.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top