User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, cdl with my endorsements making bit illegal for me to even blow a .02%
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I'll have a couple drinks and drive. I also will carry while drinking, and even have a drink or two while shooting sometimes.

I take responsibility for my actions, and know where the lines are and how not to cross them. I do a lot of things better when I have had a drink or two, like playing pool or shooting darts.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
No, I don't drink alcohol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The most important thing is to THINK the situation through.  

The average human body digests one standard drink every hour and a half or so.  It is entirely possible to eat a nice meal, have a couple of drinks with said meal, and leave the restaurant with very little alcohol still in your system.

Another factor which must be considered is the type of roads you will be driving on.  If I am in an urban location where there are multiple lanes and lots of traffic, my personal limit is much lower than if I was driving home from a friends house and taking gravel roads that nobody is ever on.  In all situations, I never drive "drunk".

Everyone is different, and those that drink more frequently are generally not as effected with regards to fine motor skills as those that drink infrequently, although their BAC is similar.

I think the whole "If alcohol touches your lips, you better not drive for the rest of the evening." message is directed for the lowest common denominator who may not evaluate their situation in it's entirety.  Most people who practice self control in other areas of their life are able to tell if they are impaired enough that operating a vehicle could have bad results.

FWIW I also often have a beer or two while reloading, another taboo.  It makes resizing and expanding hundreds of pistol cases on a single stage much less tedious.  Dropping powder charges is always done sober.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that a quote from James Dobson?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. We either take a cab or our 19 year old is our DD.

Is that a quote from James Dobson?

No. I don't know who that is. Our 19 year old daughter is sometimes our DD if we both drink.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was much younger I did all the time.  It is simply amazing I never got a DUI or wrecked a car.  Many times I woke up at home and didn't remember the drive there.  Don't really drink much anymore and when I do it's at a home.  My (ex) wife's 2 DUI's in the last 16 months of our marriage pretty much sealed our custody issue in my favor.  That and the fact that I'm not a fucking idiot keep me from drinking and driving anymore.  Not even after one drink.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
No, I never drive after drinking. Always have a DD or just don't drink. Usually get pretty annoyed at people who give you shit for NOT drinking when everyone else is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep, I'll have a couple drinks and drive. I also will carry while drinking, and even have a drink or two while shooting sometimes.

I take responsibility for my actions, and know where the lines are and how not to cross them. I do a lot of things better when I have had a drink or two, like playing pool or shooting darts.
View Quote

One of the few honest answers in this entire thread.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
No.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Never on a paved road or even a dirt road that had a house on it. I may have when I was out in the desert 10 or 20 miles from the pavement.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nope.

I'll drink coffee or water, and occasionally gatorade... but if booze hits me in the face I don't touch my car keys.
View Quote

This.  It's never ok to drive drunk. Never
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, I'll often have a beer with dinner and drive home immediately after dinner.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Thread needs a poll.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I drink and drive all the time. Not pass out drunk just driving with a good buzz. It is a challenge trying to drive straight I kind of enjoy it.  I won't drive if I am really fucked up like if  I have had more than 12 pack.

Seriously though I go out to eat and have a couple beers and drive all the time but if I drink more than that I don't drive. It isn't worth it. 1 or 2 though with a meal I don't see a problem.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

yup
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks the MADD prohibitionists its now illegal to have 2 glasses of wine with dinner at a nice restaurant then drive home

yup

30 years ago nobody gave a shit.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure all the time, that water is some bad ass shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How am I supposed to get places when I'm drinking?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
No

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I did in high school, we never had a place to drink so we wouldtake turns driving. Now I am 40 and do not drink and drive.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top