Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I can go to a bar and drink 3 beers in three hours and drive perfectly well.  I'll pass all RST's and my BAC will be well below the legal limit.

So yes, I drink and drive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do I?  No.  Have I?  Hundreds of times.  Never got caught.  Never had a wreck.  Haven't done it in over 10 years.  Won't ever do it again.  I was very lucky.
View Quote

Exactly this. I have a cdl now so it's .04 at all times even in my personal vehicle. I drink at home now unless someone wants to pick me up and drop me off from the bar.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck no
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I think my computer is right now!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I do not.

Have I ever? Yes.  When I was young and dumb I did a few times--not something very bright.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure. I mean, going to dinner and having a beer or mixed drink with dinner. Most people do. I don't go out with the intent of getting drunk and plan on driving. That'll I'll get a DD set up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope. We either take a cab or our 19 year old is our DD.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets see....

About every 51 minutes someone dies in an alcohol related crash.

About every 90 seconds someone is injured in an alcohol related crash.

Your alcohol desire is not worth mitigating the life of yourself or another.

Screw the bullshit "2 glasses of wine at a nice restaurant" analogy. Fuckin be honest.

Don't be an idiot. Drink at home

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope. We either take a cab or our 19 year old is our DD.
View Quote

Is that a quote from James Dobson?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#11]
On farms and off roads, yes. NOTHING on any public roads.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Back when I was a high school fool I did it very regularly.  Looking back now I am surprised I was never arrested or killed in an accident.  It just seems like such a bad idea now that I would never do it, hell I rarely drink when I am not at home anyway.  I just need to figure out how to get that point across to my daughter when she gets to that age.
View Quote

This. I have no idea why I did, either. My mom would have came and picked me up at the drop of a hat. Sometimes Id wake up somewhere and not remember ever driving there. I was lucky for sure. Now one drink period of I am driving home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
If we're talking about it in all honesty, I literally drove home (legally) drunk, not 10 minutes ago. However, my house is about a quarter of a mile away from my buddy's house where i was drinking. In the past, I have driven home so intoxicated, that I don't remember the drive in the morning. Am I proud of it?  No. But I never killed anybody, nor wrecked any cars.

The closest I've come to crashing on the road (excluding idiotic drivers), was during those times where I was so sleepy, that I could barely stay awake while driving. And this is without any alcohol in my system at all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Did a lot of boneheaded stuff but never drinking and driving.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Under what law?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not these days, thanks to people like MADD.

Local High Speed, Low Drag types around here recently ticketed a guy for having an unopened beer that wasn't in a sack before he got in his car. Lord help him if he had left the parking lot.

Under what law?

That's what we are still trying to find out. Store manager saw it happen and is now ultra sure everything that leaves the store is in a sack.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes. Not as much as I have before.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Good topic OP. We need to look in the mirror sometime.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

On farms and off roads, yes. NOTHING on any public roads.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Just Pepsi.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck no!
View Quote

This for me also......
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same but more recent as to don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do I?  No.  Have I?  Hundreds of times.  Never got caught.  Never had a wreck.  Haven't done it in over 10 years.  Won't ever do it again.  I was very lucky.

Same but more recent as to don't.

same, but closer to 25 years
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope. I've driven with a little bit in me at max, but even then I try not to at all, but if I had a beer and want to go down the street to get some food or something, it's whatever. Never when I'm impaired from it though, which isn't necessarily even when I'm over the legal limit (I'm implying that I could be impaired from it even when I'm not over an .08). My rule of thumb is that if it becomes harder to drive well, I've had too much to drive. It's just too risky. Not worth fucking up my life or someone else's life.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]

It's perfectly OK to have a couple beers with dinner and drive. Most of you having to be trolling to say you don't have a couple and drive once in awhile. Either that, or 95lb pansies that haven't have more than two drinks without being over the legal limit....

Getting slammed and driving is different. Although to be honest, drinking and driving is more about self control than anything else. If you make it a point to never get too intoxicated, then you'll never have to worry what your limit is anyway and won't need to be concerned if you're OK to drive home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#24]
As a 19 year old wild man? Yes.

As a 51 year old wise man? Nope.

As a matter of fact, wife and I are getting ready to head up the river on our boat for one last "color tour" we will end up at a pretty neat restaurant/bar. I won't drink....having to travel 2 hours home by river, I need to have my wits about me.

So...although I love to drink, especially bourbon, I don't even drink and BOAT.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no problem with someone with normal tolerances having a beer or two getting behind the wheel.  Impaired/drunk/under the influence, of course not.  They are two different scenarios.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Take me drunk...I'm home
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Considering there are cases of people getting drinking and driving tickets while mowing their lawn with a riding lawnmower, yes it counts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has been known to happen on the farm.
not on the road so does that count?

Considering there are cases of people getting drinking and driving tickets while mowing their lawn with a riding lawnmower, yes it counts.

How is that possible?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Honestly- yes--once....not retard drunk, but over...back in the younger years.

I have volunteered several times to drink a bunch of beer and get tested at different points.
I have several verified with tests that I can have four 12oz light beers and still be well under.  (like .05) This changes to 3 beers of heavier (good) beer as it affects me differently

I will not drive anything more than that, and even then, its very infrequently.  Why chance it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]

I have, not anymore though

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't think drinking and driving should be illegal. Driving while intoxicated is a different story. What is so wrong with stopping at the store and buying a beer after work and drinking it while on the way home. It is legal to drink the beer, then drive assuming you are not legally drunk. Why can't you just drink the one beer while driving home? If you never go over the legal limit there is no harm done IMO. I understand there are people that can get drunk off of one beer , but the same level of responsibility should apply if you want to drink a beer while driving as it does if you are going to drink that one beer then get behind the wheel. If the one beer will get you drunk then don't fucking do it. I know it will never be legal since there are far more dumb fucks in this country than responsible people.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#31]
When I was young and dumb, sometimes.

Since turning 23 or so, I began to prefer staying sober in public, and getting buzzed at home.

ETA: 49 now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I have but not anymore.

I don't go to bars. I don't eat out much anymore, but I might have one beer or one glass of wine with the meal if I do. I had a glass of white wine at Boticelli's on south Congress in Austin a couple of weeks ago with a wonderful pesto chicken dish.

If I'm barbecuing at home, I might binge on beer because I'm not going anywhere. Plus, I carry when I can so going out and getting intoxicated is an absolute no-go for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Years ago it was NBD.

Nothing like seeing HUNDREDS of folks torn to pieces in 20 years to cure that shit.

Wasn't boozing when I gave up the leg, but DID nod off on the bike. (36 hours - OT.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I on RARE occasion will have two beers with dinner at a restaurant where the service may equal a 2 hour experience. So, from sit down to paying the check, I'm there for almost two full hours, I may order two beers at the beginning of the ordering process. Usually have the second beer finished by the end of the appetizers. Have a heavy meal with lots of water or a soft drink. Then and only then will I consider driving. Anything more than two and in less time than two hours...I hand the keys to the wife.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Got arrested for DUI 20 years ago, but prior to that I never drank and drove until I moved to Florida, where it was perfectly legal to have an open container as long as you weren't intoxicated.

Since then, if I have a single beer, my truck grows roots.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread is full of a bag of dildos.

So many folks are lieing. Once 200 years ago and I am still so ashamed.  Fuck me running.

I don't drink anymore but when I was younger I remember driving home from a bar or party and holding a hand over one eye so I could see the road instead of 2. I am indifferent and fortunate I was never pulled over or caused any wrecks. Everyone has driven while impaired.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Be honest!

I have and I'm not proud of it.  Not slammed as drunk but buzzed.  How about you?
View Quote

Often. I am a responsible adult and I know my limits. I do not however,  drive while "drunk".
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's perfectly OK to have a couple beers with dinner and drive. Most of you having to be trolling to say you don't have a couple and drive once in awhile. Either that, or 95lb pansies that haven't have more than two drinks without being over the legal limit....

Getting slammed and driving is different. Although to be honest, drinking and driving is more about self control than anything else. If you make it a point to never get too intoxicated, then you'll never have to worry what your limit is anyway and won't need to be concerned if you're OK to drive home.
View Quote

This right here. Social conditioning works apparently. I grew up with my dad and grandpa driving down the road drinking Bud and Coors. No wrecks. No one killed.

Personal responsibility.  It's a hell of a thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Shit, all the time. No dui or accidents. I don't recommend it.

Not so much lately, been sober for the past 16 years.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Nope.  If I drink someone else is driving.  CDL only allows a .04 BAC.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't drink alcohol at all. It is icky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Just like the WoD, the DD industry generates tons of cash for the county/municipality.  I prefer not to be a donor.

TC
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#44]
nope - i do not.  don't wanna risk my pistol permit renewal (yeah you heard that right) with a DUI conviction.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I only drink and drive if I don't leave the farm
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
No.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#47]
In before "victimless crime" lynchers get you.
Quoted:

View Quote

No, you are still fucked if some sober mom hits you because she was distracted by her screaming childrens.
Then you killed her precious babys for a drink.  Proud of yourself little man?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Can't talk... too busy drinking and text'ing. I'll post more at the next stoplight.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#49]
No, I do not drive drunk.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top