Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Baby boomers don't like hearing about how much fail their generation is responsible for. You have to say it in a different way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having lunch at a restaurant a couple weeks ago and a young (mid-20s) Hispanic mom unbuttoned her top and slid a boob out of the bra, latched the baby on.....never covered up. Never looked around. She gave zero.

I think it's mostly a cultural thing. All us whiteys and our Victorian prudishness.....

Even the Victorians didn't give a fuck.

It seriously only became an issue after formula was invented and touted as the best thing for babies because science. That would be the late 1940s and through the 50s. Baby boomers grew up with the idea that a woman breastfeeding a child was low class and bad, and they've passed that attitude on.

Baby boomers don't like hearing about how much fail their generation is responsible for. You have to say it in a different way.

Well, technically, that's the fault of the greatest generation and their idea that their scientific analysis of infant nutrition was superior to what occurred due to millenia of evolution and/or God.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well, technically, that's the fault of the greatest generation and their idea that their scientific analysis of infant nutrition was superior to what occurred due to millenia of evolution and/or God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having lunch at a restaurant a couple weeks ago and a young (mid-20s) Hispanic mom unbuttoned her top and slid a boob out of the bra, latched the baby on.....never covered up. Never looked around. She gave zero.

I think it's mostly a cultural thing. All us whiteys and our Victorian prudishness.....

It seriously only became an issue after formula was invented and touted as the best thing for babies because science. That would be the late 1940s and through the 50s. Baby boomers grew up with the idea that a woman breastfeeding a child was low class and bad, and they've passed that attitude on.

Very true. In this case it was not a baby boomer fail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My breast feeding wife is of the opinion that it's natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

This.

Yep, it's just a boob. Quit being so puritanical.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
My son gets upset when my wife tries to cover him up.  I'm personally not a fan of eating with a sheet over my head either.  She ends up either not feeding him or having to do it in some shit hole bathroom.  

They're feeding fucking children.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Let 'em do it in public - I enjoy seeing the swollen, milk-filled breasts, and if the woman doesn't mind me leering at her bare udders, then go for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let 'em do it in public - I enjoy seeing the swollen, milk-filled breasts, and if the woman doesn't mind me leering at her bare udders, then go for it.
View Quote

That is sig line material in greatness.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#7]
there's a lot of well aged prurient teenagers on arfcom

Nuts
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let 'em do it in public - I enjoy seeing the swollen, grease-chinned neckbeards, and if the man doesn't mind me leering at his bare 42" calves, then go for it.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care one way or another. She either covers or she doesn't. Her choice. However, if I'm sitting in a restaurant and a fully naked boob pops out, it's not my fault if I glance over for a split second. I mean, its a boob and I'm a dude so, that's as natural as her breastfeeding.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wrong.

I mind my business and don't care if people breastfeed. Feminist activists who act like this is an issue are wrong, just like they are with everything else.

If I were a woman I would find a quiet area to do it.  I wouldn't want the attention.  If anyone wants to announce to the world they are feeding and do it in a high traffic area, that's fine too. Don't get upset when you're judged.

If some dude is working outside and goes off to hide in the woods and piss, these feminists would be the first ones to call the police instead of minding their business, all while screaming that I should mind mine.
View Quote

Lol, you think anyone breast feeding in public is a feminist
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It seriously <i>only</i> became an issue after formula was invented and touted as the best thing for babies because science. That would be the late 1940s and through the 50s. Baby boomers grew up with the idea that a woman breastfeeding a child was low class and bad, and they've passed that attitude on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

It seriously <i>only</i> became an issue after formula was invented and touted as the best thing for babies because science. That would be the late 1940s and through the 50s. Baby boomers grew up with the idea that a woman breastfeeding a child was low class and bad, and they've passed that attitude on.

Breastfeeding reduces the risk of breast cancer.  

My wife's grandmother (married to a doctor) exclusively fed her babies formula, and encouraged her daughters to use formula instead of breastfeeding.  Why bother with breastfeeding when formula is supposedly just as good?  My wife lost her grandma to breast cancer, and her mom narrowly survived breast cancer, too.

Obviously we're concerned for my wife, considering the family history.  Fortunately she breastfed our children for about a year each.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]
we have a saying around here, "the breast is the Best"
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Cover up, I don't want to see that shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go find your safe space, junior.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry, Californian.

Some of us aren't scorched like a vampire in sunlight at the sight of boobies. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]
As a father of 4 , and with a wife who breastfeed them all, I have 2 cents to contribute.

It is natural , and very healthy for the baby and mother.

It should make others neither horney or hungry ,if you don't like it , don't look at it.

How hard is that to understand?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy from California doesn't like boobs.
Look at my shocked face
Do you have PTSD from seeing a gun in your youth?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As a father of 4 , and with a wife who breastfeed them all, I have 2 cents to contribute.

It should make others neither horney or hungry ,if you don't like it , don't look at it.

View Quote
You don't get to decide what makes me moist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You should post a thread with **BREAKING** in the title.  
View Quote

Naa making them look up prurient in the dictionary was enough for today.

Nuts
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I walked into a local Wendys and there sat a young mother bare breasted feeding a infant while she herself had lunch.

I took a double take as I wasnt expecting to see that. My very next thought was "cute baby" followed by "nice rack"  Basically no shits were given.

I actually enjoyed seeing the baby being fed and well cared for. The looks of others around was worth paying admission to see in itself.

I guess if seeing that makes you repulsed or want to jerk off, you are the problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Speak for yourself.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol, you think anyone breast feeding in public is a feminist
View Quote

No, you obviously can't read. It's a loud minority of activists bringing attention to it in a liberal in your face manner.  I don't care about breastfeeding at all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Totally natural.

So is fucking pissing and taking a shit. I prefer a little privacy.
View Quote

Its also natural to die, but if someone shoots you in the face..
Pretty sure its illegal to urinate and defecate in public places, at least in most cities it is. Eating is not, and people eat in public all the time, so there's a far more honest comparison than pissing and shitting in front of people. It just so happens that a baby's food comes from his mother's breast.
Mothers naturally tend to look for a bit of privacy when brest feeding, but its ridiculous to demand of them to cover up. Just chose something else to stare at.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't get too worked up over it, and I'd vigorously oppose any law that sought to regulate the practice, but...

...a little discretion goes a long way. Social mores aren't always bad, even when they're illogical. Just be reasonable. I don't go out of my way to make people around me feel uncomfortable, if I can help it. It seems to me like one side could ease up on their prudish tendencies a bit, and another side would do well to ease up on the "we're here, it's legal, get used to it" activist angle. 

This applies to a lot more than breastfeeding, BTW. 

Thankfully, most women (including my wife and the mother of my two children) appreciate nuance. She neither banished herself to a public toilet, nor flopped her tits out loud and proud at a restaurant like it was no big deal. There's a happy medium in there, if you've got at least a modicum of self-awareness. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm more Offended by people Chewing their Food with their mouth open...... 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#29]
This is what brestfeeding looks like

even when done relaxed

There's less side boob or even cleavage seen than in most dresses most of those complaining about public breastfeeding would consider tasteful or even classy.

Most sane women will prefer some privacy but sometimes its just not possible. Unlike a grown ass neckbeard, a baby cant wait for a few hours to eat, because it so happens its a baby. EAts and poops every 30-60 minutes.
If that's the case then have a minimum level of decency, control yourself and just stare elsewhere.
If this much skin makes your private parts tinkle then that’s just sad. If it offends you then youre with the Allah Akbar crowd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is what brestfeeding looks like
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02371/breastfeeding_2371455b.jpg
http://images.parents.mdpcdn.com/sites/parents.com/files/styles/width_360/public/images/p_101528868.jpg
even when done relaxed
https://authoritynutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/young-woman-breastfeeding-baby-facebook.jpg

There's less side boob or even cleavage seen than in most dresses most of those complaining about public breastfeeding would consider tasteful or even classy.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HcUkStm-62U/Vy8sJD9paEI/AAAAAAAAAe0/Q8WlVUVXSJ86-p3eBkv1jnzc-rhProAWQCLcB/s1600/Melania%2BTrump%2B09.jpg
Most sane women will prefer some privacy but sometimes its just not possible. Unlike a grown ass neckbeard, a baby cant wait for a few hours to eat, because it so happens its a baby.
If that's the case then have a minimum level of decency, control yourself and just stare elsewhere.
If this much skin makes your private parts tinkle then that’s just sad. If it offends you then youre with the Allah Akbar crowd.
View Quote
Not gonna lie - I'm a bit envious of baby #3 right now. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong post.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't care one way or another. She either covers or she doesn't. Her choice. However, if I'm sitting in a restaurant and a fully naked boob pops out, it's not my fault if I glance over for 5-10 minutes a split second. I mean, its a boob and I'm a dude so, that's as natural as her breastfeeding.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm an old guy. Covered.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My SO is currently breastfeeding our 4 month old. She always covers up when doing it out in public. We were talking about it today and I told her I compare women who don't cover up while breastfeeding in public to people who open carry. Attention whores, pretty much. She was surprised and kind of got offended. I explained my position further and she started to understand where I was coming from.

What's GD's opinion on breastfeeding in public?
View Quote

my opinion is the same as yours. pissing is a natural body thing, but I don't stand and spin in a circle pissing in the park, and nobody would defend me if I did.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

my opinion is the same as yours. pissing is a natural body thing, but I don't stand and spin in a circle pissing in the park, and nobody would defend me if I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My SO is currently breastfeeding our 4 month old. She always covers up when doing it out in public. We were talking about it today and I told her I compare women who don't cover up while breastfeeding in public to people who open carry. Attention whores, pretty much. She was surprised and kind of got offended. I explained my position further and she started to understand where I was coming from.

But do you feed your baby with your dick? Because if you don't your analogy is utterly retarded. No one's defending or supporting women pissing all willy nilly anywhere and everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But do you feed your baby with your dick? Because if you don't your analogy is utterly retarded. No one's defending or supporting women pissing all willy nilly anywhere and everywhere.
View Quote

Natural bodily function
Waiting too long can endanger health
Against societal norms
Not sexual in nature

For an utterly retarded analogy, there are a good number of similarities.  Does it bother you if some guy discreetly takes a leak somewhere like a backyard or after walking into some nearby woods?  If so, why?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My breast feeding wife is of the opinion that it's natural and nothing to be ashamed of.
View Quote

I have the same, exact, opinion as your wife and, besides, like another poster said earlier in the thread, a feeding baby is a quiet one, too. Cover up or don't. I don't care either way because, at the end of the day, it's just a nipple.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You honestly have to be a fucking prude to be offended by a woman breastfeeding her baby.

Seriously of all the things to get your vagina sandy this is probably the most ignorant.

I don't know what kind of person would, but I'd tell them to first remove the stick from their ass and then grow up. Jeezus people.
View Quote

Big +1 on the part in red.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Natural bodily function
Against societal norms
Not sexual in nature

For an utterly retarded analogy, there are a good number of similarities.  Does it bother you if some guy discreetly takes a leak somewhere like a backyard or after walking into some nearby woods?  If so, why?
View Quote

Young girls should just get used to seeing a man's penis in public for a second or two. I mean, it's natural if a guy needs to bust out his junk to rearrange things a bit and then zip back up.

Right?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Natural bodily function
Against societal norms
Not sexual in nature

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Natural bodily function
Against societal norms
Not sexual in nature

Sure doesn't. It also doesn't bother me if he eats a sandwich or sucks down a Big Gulp, which would be comparable actions to a child eating.

Elimination of waste is not at all the same thing as feeding a child. Changing a diaper is also waste elimination, and it's pretty gross when people flop their babies on restaurant tables to do so or chuck the diapers on the ground when they're done. You *might* have a point if the woman was expressing milk onto the ground and no hungry child was being fed, but that's about the closest you could come.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Natural bodily function
Against societal norms
Not sexual in nature

View Quote

But you don't have to be retarded (unless you really, really want to ) but the analogy is very simple really: a baby eating in public is as bad as you eating a sandwich in public.  Simple as that. The breast part was adressed in the pics posted above. The analogy to you shirting and peeing in public would be the baby doing so as well, but without the diaper and upsetting  everyone around him. And keeping it honest, some adults do use diapers as well and no one is bothered by it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Young girls should just get used to seeing a man's penis in public for a second or two. I mean, it's natural if a guy needs to bust out his junk to rearrange things a bit and then zip back up.

Right?

A.W.D.
View Quote

No, I'm not a pedophile.  Everyone in this thread is throwing names and trying to insult the moral integrity of those they disagree with, while completely ignoring facts.

But I guess you're right. Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's appropriate to do in front of others.

So if we are going to base our justification of societal norms by screaming that it's natural, well, that's very progressive.  It's actually a keystone in most progressive movements.  They say "Gay sex is natural, promiscuity among women is natural, polygamy is natural, pedophilia is natural", etc.

So since we've established that not all natural things are appropriate for public, the argument of "it's natural" is worthless.

Luckily, I support a free country, so the reason of "I want to breastfeed my child in public" is good enough for me.  Just stop screaming the word natural in my ear.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the civilized world, pissing and shitting is done in centralized locations (bathrooms) for sanitation reasons.  Unless the mom is using her boob as a squirt gun to spray milk everywhere, there's no comparison.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Its courtesy to cover up.

If you don't,  don't be alarmed at people staring or looking.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#46]
out of the few I have seen they were all fairly discrete and weren't bothering anyone..
I haven't seen any attention whores feeding their spawn but I don't consider all open carriers as being attention whores either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It doesn't bother me.  A feeding baby is a quiet baby.
View Quote

It doesn't bother me...as long as she understands that people will look...for various reasons.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Breastfeeding is the healthiest, most natural endeavor a mother can have with her baby.

I wish there were more women who could understand the physiological, psychological, and emotional benefit to both mother and child that comes from breastfeeding.

I fail to understand why breastfeeding in public is even something worth discussing, unless it is to heap praise upon the mother for doing the absolute best thing for her and baby.

All the whiners and complainers need to grow the fuck up, do some research on the benefits of breastfeeding, and if it really bothers you that badly, just look the other damn direction.

Babies feed when they're hungry, and if it happens to be in a public place, so be it. Let momma whip out a boobie and let the kid go to town.

Haters gonna hate.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more. Moms covering up the poor breastfeeding baby so as to not offend some nutcase are almost as bad. They honestly don't know what they are doing. A baby looks for mom, he makes eye contact with her, bonds with her in ways neckbeards will never understand (maybe they've never been breastfed,which would explain  a lot). I've seen it many times and it's beautiful.  My point is don't cover the poor child as if it were some hideous monstrosity.  Look at him, bond with him and fuck anyone that isn't minding their own business.
Dad of two here, which were breastfed,  fortunately in a society where in spite of having many flaws, stupid breastfeeding paranoia was not one of them. Babies eat and thats all there's is to it and never heard of anyone having a problem with such a thing until now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Breasts are generally only used or exposed in a sexual manner outside of feeding a child.  See the pic of Melania Trump for exhibit A
In the US they are almost universally required to be covered and exposing them is a social and potentially legal gaffe.  For a lot of very sound reasons, among them because of "creepers" and predators that may be watching.

Now we have a group of people who insist on breaking those social mores while feeding their baby, because...reasons?  Nobody is against breast feeding in concept, or if a woman accidentally flashes a boob while covered up, it's the vocal few that choose to hang their boobs out in public, and then defiantly lash out at anyone who might dare to object.  It's snowflake central; screw all the people around me who might be offended for whatever reason, Ima do it my way!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#50]
I grew up in a family and a time when the women just whipped it out and plugged the little monster in.  They would do it mid sentence talking to you without missing a beat. It was no big deal. It was more like the baby is feeding and not look at that boob.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top