Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]

A Syrian fighter jet is seen in flames after it was hit by the Israeli military over the Golan Heights on September 23, 2014. / Photo by AFP

ETA:

"The Israel Defense Forces' aerial defense system on Tuesday fired a Patriot missile and shot down a Syrian Sukhoi 24 fighter jet that infiltrated Israeli territory."

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like only Sunni Arabs came with us. No UK, no France, no Australia, not even the Canadians came along to kick off WW3.
View Quote

Why join a war that that will be half assed and end in a tie or a loss.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kurds are who we should be giving arms to.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Turkey, on the wrong side of history yet again.

Riots on Turkey's border with Syria as up to 200,000 Kurds are blocked from fleeing Isis onslaught

Riots have broken out between Kurds and Turkish security forces as the number of Syrians who have flooded into Turkey to escape Isis militants has reportedly reached 200,000,

Clashes broke out as Kurds trying to approach the crossing from inside Turkey to take part in solidarity demonstrations with Syrians fought with security forces, who responded with tear gas, paint pellets and water cannons.

Turkey won't attack ISIS but they will attack Kurd civilians.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402300774_wps_2_Riot_police_use_teargas_t.jpg]
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402371812_Image_galleryImage_A_Kurdish_woman_runs_away.JPG

The IS was bombarding villagers with tanks, artillery and multiple rocket launchers, said Nasser Haj Mansour, a defence official in Syria's Kurdish region.

'They are even targeting civilians who are fleeing,' He said.

Speaking of his decision to flee, Sahab Basravi said: 'When the Daesh (IS) attacked Ain al-Arab, we were frightened. They said in the mosques that they could kill all Kurds between seven and 77 years old. So we collected our things and left, immediately.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764819/100-000-Syrians-flee-Isis-onslaught-terrorist-group-targets-innocents-stolen-tanks-artillery-rocket-launchers.html

Kurds are who we should be giving arms to.

We have been for at least months. And several weeks ago the State Department acknowledged publicly that we were giving arms and supplies directly to Kurdish forces without going through the Iraqi Government.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would make more sense to be bombing them in Iraq since that's who's losing.
View Quote

Again....have been for quite some time now
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why am I not surprised that the crowd is whipped into a frenzy when the President already announced he would strike ISIL in and out of Syria.
View Quote

Werd
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT ITS FAPPENING OH WAIT WRONG THREAD.

BEST PART ARABS GOT OFF THEIR CAMEL FUCKING DUTIES AND ARE INVOLVED LAUNCHING STRIKES WE NOW KNOW WHY JOHN I LIKE IT UP THE FUCKING ASS KERRY WAS IN THE MIDDLE EAST A MONTH OR SO AGO.

BET ISREALI WAS INFORMED 1 MINUTE BEFORE FIRST BOMB HIT OH BY THE WAY SYRIA IS GETTING BOMBED BE CAREFUL.
View Quote

Arab countries have been fighting alongside us in Afghanistan for over a decade
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Did any one Notice what Carrier was Launching the Strikes he really is going to blame bush isn't he LMFAO.

USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77)

On June 14, 2014, the USS George H.W. Bush was ordered to the Persian Gulf to protect US interests in Iraq in light of the Islamic State takeover of several major cities in that country.

On August 8, 2014, two F/A-18F Super Hornets launched from the USS George H.W. Bush conducted an airstrike on Islamic State artillery shelling the Kurdish city of Erbil.[46] The mission was launched in accordance with President Obama's announcement on the evening of August 7 that the US would begin airstrikes to protect US personnel and the Yazidis in the region from ISIS attacks.

On September 23, 2014 F/A-18 Hornets and Super Hornets from Carrier Air Wing Eight have been launched from the USS George H.W. Bush Aircraft Carrier in the Persian Gulf to strike at specific targets in Syria such as command-and-control centers, training camps and weapons depots.[47]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Odd how RINO McCain and Obama are in so much agreement on this and how we have to prop up the "good" extremists in Syria.

If ISIS or ISIL is such a threat to us, why aren't we letting Syria deal with them and instead dropping bombs on them in Iraq?

This is looking like it has nothing to do with ISIL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#13]
My God! What's the carbon footprint of all this!

You know it's "bad" when less than 10 hours ago the US waded into another war and there is only 9 pages about it in GD at this point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#14]
What are the chances this turns into a ground war with US troops?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Special forces Probally are already in Syria.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have said "full blown" ground war.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Mehh..... Call me when ISIS attacks targets in NY, Mass, Cali or Flyover country.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slim and none.  Zero will find a way to weasel out of that commitment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#19]
What does it matter?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Man.. so much derp in the earlier pages of the thread. Syria was notified we were coming and you know what? They do not mind at this time as the reason for the French attack last week and what we are doing now is because the last week or so Isis had been kicking the crap out of Assads troops and making a major push and in doing so has caused a possibly major destabilizing situation in Turkey as they are being flooded with refugees they can not take care of.

If we do not blunt them now odds are decent they are going to win and take Assad down.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BEST PART ARABS GOT OFF THEIR CAMEL FUCKING DUTIES AND ARE INVOLVED LAUNCHING STRIKES WE NOW KNOW WHY JOHN I LIKE IT UP THE FUCKING ASS KERRY WAS IN THE MIDDLE EAST A MONTH OR SO AGO.

BET ISREALI WAS INFORMED 1 MINUTE BEFORE FIRST BOMB HIT OH BY THE WAY SYRIA IS GETTING BOMBED BE CAREFUL.

well thats one way to describe it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Man.. so much derp in the earlier pages of the thread. Syria was notified we were coming and you know what? They do not mind at this time as the reason for the French attack last week and what we are doing now is because the last week or so Isis had been kicking the crap out of Assads troops and making a major push and in doing so has caused a possibly major destabilizing situation in Turkey as they are being flooded with refugees they can not take care of.

If we do not blunt them now odds are decent they are going to win and take Assad down.

View Quote

The same Assad that Obama vowed to take down just a couple years ago?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yepp. And they still want Assad to fall... just not at the hand of Isil.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What in the hell was that guy trying to accomplish???
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What in the hell was that guy trying to accomplish???

More then Obama.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't think this is going to be a continuous air campaign like we saw against Iraq in 1991 and 2003. We'll probably send in a strike package here and there to deal with targets as they pop up. But they will probably be infrequent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Wheres that Big Mouthed Russian President hat Talked all that Shit oh oh oh you attack them imma do bad things to you if you Strike my Precious Syria.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#27]
HEY DID YOU KNOW I AM A STEALTH WARPLANE PER ALL NEWS OUTLETS.

AND I AM AS WELL YUP THE NEWS ALWAYS GETS IT RIGHT LMFAO.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is a case where I'd be fine with getting both.  One is an Islamic terrorist group trying to create a state that has American blood on its hands; the other is a regime that sponsors Islamic terrorism and has American blood on its hands and also serves as an Iranian proxy and Russian ally...

Sadly, we did not get involved in the rebellion the way we should have when we should have.  Obama only makes these decisions based on the polls and how they affect him politically and personally.  Unless he sees a political advantage, he is too cowardly and weak to take any meaningful action; even leading from behind is a lot to ask of him.
View Quote

There was and is no good way to get involved. Or do you consider Libya, for instance, a win?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tomahawks. Because it's what Democrat presidents do when they don't know what to do.
View Quote

This.

When all you want to do is look hawkish to the hawks and still placate the doves.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.617350.1411460467!/image/1589927703.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_640/1589927703.jpg

A Syrian fighter jet is seen in flames after it was hit by the Israeli military over the Golan Heights on September 23, 2014. / Photo by AFP

ETA:

"The Israel Defense Forces' aerial defense system on Tuesday fired a Patriot missile and shot down a Syrian Sukhoi 24 fighter jet that infiltrated Israeli territory."
http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/1.617329?v=E800FECE124F72FF8F5D9DE937F30984

View Quote

A Patriot was fired and a plane was hit?

Better count our planes...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to tell you Mister Stuck in 1991 logic the Patriot today is far more better than it ever has.

That and Isreal Knows what a mig looks like i mean Shit it was Fucking Day light.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hate to tell you Mister Stuck in 1991 logic the Patriot today is far more better than it ever has.

That and Isreal Knows what a mig looks like i mean Shit it was Fucking Day light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The article says it was a Sukhoi.

Count 'em, boys.

But if the article is accurate, this would be the first time a Patriot ever shot down a manned enemy plane. Neat, if true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats all fine and dandy.

But the TCO who engaged that aircraft never had eyes on.

I am fairly confident that IFF has been shared between the relevent parties.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Count 'em, boys.

But if the article is accurate, this would be the first time a Patriot ever shot down a manned enemy plane. Neat, if true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count 'em, boys.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Who here is that Stupid to think Isreal did not know well in advance that Air strikes were in bound. Hell US F-16 Fighters may have taken off from there.

With 5 Allied Countries Involved do you think the Isreali Military would not be Told oh by the way there is strikes in bound and Risk them Shooting down a Friendly.

Considering if the US military warplanes or the other Countries aircraft had to Ditch would be a Safe place to down in Isreal.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the next missile for the Patriot system (PAAC-4) will probably be the Israeli Stunner, designed for the David's Sling system. That should significantly boost the range well beyond that capable of the PAC-3 missile.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patriot shot down allied aircraft in 2003.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And the next missile for the Patriot system (PAAC-4) will probably be the Israeli Stunner, designed for the David's Sling system. That should significantly boost the range well beyond that capable of the PAC-3 missile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome that i did not know Like all weapon Systems it had its teething problems but now Awesome weapon system.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's fooling you?  

I WANT THEIR NAMES!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#40]
finally we're doing something!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Awesome that i did not know Like all weapon Systems it had its teething problems but now Awesome weapon system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not hold my breath if I were you. It was an unsolicited proposal by Raytheon and Rafael.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who here is that Stupid to think Isreal did not know well in advance that Air strikes were in bound. Hell US F-16 Fighters may have taken off from there.

With 5 Allied Countries Involved do you think the Isreali Military would not be Told oh by the way there is strikes in bound and Risk them Shooting down a Friendly.

Considering if the US military warplanes or the other Countries aircraft had to Ditch would be a Safe place to down in Isreal.

View Quote

A Saudi/Bahrani/Qatari/UAEi plane landing in Israel would be an interesting sight
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#43]
supposedly wreakage of a crashed drone:

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A Saudi plane landing in Israel would be an interesting sight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am willing to bet the israeli plan for Iran consists of refueling and staging in saudi arabia.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Remember when everybody was voting for zero because he was going to end the war....
View Quote

What the American people need to understand is that war, any war, anywhere, anytime, for any reason real or imagined.

IS POLICY Policy that goes beyond whomever is in the White House.

I really wish that I knew who runs this country because they are doing a craptastic job.

On another note didn't we say recently that we are not using those anymore or we are no longer making them or some such?  So perhaps they are just getting rid of the last of them.

Whatever, we can be assured that Olammo being the good Muslim that he is, has probably sent the lightest least effective (but gets nice pictures) strike that he can.

Frankly I really don't care.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am willing to bet the israeli plan for Iran consists of refueling and staging in saudi arabia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mutual hate goes a long way, I'm just saying it would be sight to see
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wait...is this the same Syria where we were sending weapons and money to arm rebels?
View Quote

Oh no not just ANY rebels. Moderate muslims.....Whatever the hell that is.

I gues its the ones that will behead you tomorrow instead of today?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...is this the same Syria where we were sending weapons and money to arm rebels?

As that pretty Muslim woman who lives in America and despises Jihad said:  "Moderate Muslims are irrelevant".

Just like the ordinary German people were irrelevant when the Nazis were in power.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's always better when a black man starts bombing brown people.  
View Quote

Come on for this one he is the white half.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#50]
First Obama says that ISIL is no real threat.  He says they are the JV.

Now he is expending American military assets to attack them.

He is confused, isn't he?

Does anybody have a clue what we are really doing?

Decades after decades we elect idiots to office and we get idiotic foreign policy and then we wonder why things are so fucked up.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top