Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't really care about the coin, but will Paypal some $$ your way for them.

Will keep them in the prayers, so sad to lose your son & have family hurt.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
sending PP donation.

Lightning_P38 I also sent a PP "DONATION ONLY" marked transaction w/ the hope we can get some much needed $ in the hand of a very junior GI in short order... Hope we've helped a bit in a very sad situation.  

Regardless, the "big ARMY" will show up now that they understand, but takes a bit of time.  Life will never be the same; nor would I expect it to be for your cousin and his family, nor you but please let them know there have been many prayers sent.  

B2

Oh yeah, this reminds me of the ARFCOM "good folks"/force and why I'm a lifer here.  MY IM or e-mail are always open... Let's just say I'm likely not alone in that offer.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Lurker doing what he can.
My best to the family.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My daughter recently turned one year old.  I cannot imagine what he is suffering at the loss of his son.  I will definitely make a PP donation to the cause.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Any man that decides to auction off a prized possession for a good cause is good to go in my books.
My item doesn't compete with either Billmanweh's or Lightning_P38's, but I'll put it up here for auction with the proceeds going to the PayPal account specified in the OP, should anyone be interested.
1 - Ultimate Equipment M1911 knife.
The knife is NIB with everything from the factory: manual, clip, wrench and polyester holster (I just bought this one a couple of months ago and have only opened/closed it a couple of times).  440C blade.  I bought it without grips and put on my own custom carved grips which are made of water buffalo horn (they are NOT NIB - I've had them for a couple of years but are in impeccable condition).
The knife retails for $109
http://ultimate-equipmentstore.com/uf19-skw-440c.html
I paid $200 for the grips from Tommy2Feathers Custom Pistol Grips and Knives in North Carolina:
http://tommy2feathers.com/GripsForSale.html

The smudge is just oil, not a defect of any kind.

If you are interested, please specify in your post that you are bidding on the knife and state your price.  
The highest price bid before 10:00PM EST TODAY (December 29th) wins - ETA: Timeline extended to 10:00PM EST Friday (Dec 30th).
The high bidder will Paypal the winning amount to the Paypal address listed, and upon confirmation, I will ship the knife to you.
Shipping is covered by yours truly and I'll try to get them out to you ASAP.
ETA:  Fair disclosure -the right hand side grip panel is a little ill-fitting (as seen in the first picture).  It overhangs about 1/16" of an inch, but doesn't affect function at all; just a minor cosmetic defect.  

ETA:  AUCTION ENDED!  $150 Raised!  Thanks to blkt72 for his most generous bid!

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear, that sucks more than words can convey.

I don't have a spare gun or coin to donate, but I do have an EOTech 512 with flip up glass covers and side lever I can donate.  
Same on as on this rifle (Top)...

Lightning_P38 I'll mail it to you and include additional postage so you can send it to the winner.  Please IM with mailing address.
Winner declared by Lightning and sent to Lightning's Paypal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear, that sucks more than words can convey.

I don't have a spare gun or coin to donate, but I do have an EOTech 512 with flip up glass covers and side lever I can donate.  
Same on as on this rifle (Top)...

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=34331

Lightning_P38 I'll mail it to you and include additional postage so you can send it to the winner.  Please IM with mailing address.
Winner declared by Lightning and sent to Lightning's Paypal.

I've got $225 to start off the bidding on the Eotech.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Just for clarification.... where is the best place to donate, the PP account or the link that was posted?

If it's okay, I'd like to offer up a Spyderco Captain for auction. It is used, but carried very little and in excellent condition.
Here's a stock picture and I'll get some originals as soon as I can.

How long should this auction go on for until a "winner" is decided? Whoever the winner is can PP the money directly to Lightning_P38 and once confirmed, I will ship it out.

ETA- I found the original box as well. Pics later.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I will send a gift certificate to Kohls or Target for $500 if some one will get me the mailing info. No coin needed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#11]
$525 for the coin.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will send a gift certificate to Kohls or Target for $500 if some one will get me the mailing info. No coin needed.

Wow. That's awesome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Sending donation, and will start the Spyderco Captian at $50

Edit:
Also, if you IM me a shipping address I'll get some toys/clothes out for the little girl and possibly some clothes/care stuff for the adults (send sizes please).

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Edit:
Also, if you IM me a shipping address I'll get some toys/clothes out for the little girl and possibly some clothes/care stuff for the adults (send sizes please).

Yes, if you can post sizes for parents and daughter.  Or if they have any other special needs.  I paypaled some cash but also might be able to send some other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#15]
What is dad's ACU size?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Will send donations when I get paid. Ive got enough coins as it is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#17]
is there a current paypal for this?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm tapped for cash at the moment, but if it will help, I'll donate an ARFcom Silver Coin to this effort.

Great idea Vaca, I'll match your donation as well, so make it 2 coins for the effort.

Make it 3. I'll add this coin to the effort.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/DoubleARon_2007/Coin2-1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/DoubleARon_2007/Coin1-1.jpg

it appears i was out bid by whoanelly on the 1st coin

I am now bidding 250.00 on this one.......
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if any of the industry partners on this website might be willing to submit something for auction or raffle to support this guy...?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm tapped for cash at the moment, but if it will help, I'll donate an ARFcom Silver Coin to this effort.

Great idea Vaca, I'll match your donation as well, so make it 2 coins for the effort.

Which?  There are now three ARFcom Silver Coins.

Let's do this.

Silver coin #1 - From VacaDuck

Silver coin #2 - From smokiexd45

Silver coin #3 - from DoubleARon.

Just list which coin you are bidding on.  Example - $150 for silver coin 1 or SC1.  Just so we know which is which and there is no confusion.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#21]
$50 sent via PP.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Which?  There are now three ARFcom Silver Coins.

Let's do this.

Silver coin #1 - From VacaDuck
Silver coin #2 - From smokiexd45
Silver coin #3 - from DoubleARon.

Just list which coin you are bidding on.  Example - $150 for silver coin 1 or SC1.  Just so we know which is which and there is no confusion.

the one i quoted, which is donated by DoubleARon

so Coin #3
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#23]
As far as the uniforms go his command will need to initiate a FLIPL as per AR 735-5 13-3a(11).  The FLIPL should be completed quickly and the commander will determine what documentation he will require to asses no liability.  

I read through quickly, didn't see which component he was.  If he his is Reserve or NG his supply sergeant will be able to use KYLOC to request an re-issue of his gear.

Sorry for his loss.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit:

Yes, if you can post sizes for parents and daughter.  Or if they have any other special needs.  I paypaled some cash but also might be able to send some other stuff.

Thomas is a Large/Regular for ACU.

Info from a news article I found that is posted in the original thread found here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269414_Prayers_needed_urgently_Updated_in_first_post.html&page=4

The Williams family has lost everything in
the fire. The Teague Nursing Home, where grandparents Charlotte
Comeau-Gonzales and Gilbert Gonzales work, have made themselves
available to help with donations of clothing and household items for the
family. They have alerted the Red Cross at Waco and also at Ft. Hood as
well as the Army Emergency Relief office there.
Clothes
for Mr. Williams are: shirts-large; 32x34 pants, 9 ½ shoe; for baby
Lydia – 3T and infant size 6 shoe;  Amanda will need gowns.

A
fund has been set up at Citizens State Bank in Teague. Monetary
donations are being accepted under Charlotte Comeau FBO (for benefit of)
Steven Thomas Williams III. In giving please remember that the family
will be traveling between Teague and Dallas for a very long time.

Stephanie
Bivins is the lead agent for contact at Teague Nursing Home,
254-723-9613, or Administrator Ray Chapman at his office, 254-739-2541
or his cell at 214-538-4439.

Hope this helps some.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Just an early update at where everything stands.

Formatting still off, best I can do for now.

AR15.com Challenge Coin – donated by Lightning_P38

millfire517

$    75.00

IchWarrior

$  100.00

vbfg135

$  150.00

03PSD

$  175.00

scmar

$  200.00

captainseaweed

$  250.00

Billmanweh

$  300.00

ragedracer1977

$  325.00

FragDoll

$  350.00

gjg

$  500.00

whoanelly

$  525.00

ARFcom Silver Coin #1 - donated by VacaDuck

ragedracer1977

$  100.00

ARFcom Silver Coin #2 - donated by smokiexd45

ARFcom Silver coin #3 - donated by DoubleARon

gjg

ARFcom Silver Coin #4 - Donated by smokiexd45

$  250.00

FT. Hood Dillo - donated by pondfly

Ultimate Equipment M1911 Knife - donated by targettarget

EOTech 512 - donated by darkpaladin1

rcb1586

$  225.00

Spyderco Captain Knife - donated by Leeland111

at4xj

$    50.00

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#26]
250 for the eotech
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Hell, I'll go $25 for the Ft Hood dillo.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Don't see any current bids for Coin #2, so I'll start with $50
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Thomas is a Large/Regular for ACU.

Info from a news article I found that is posted in the original thread found here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269414_Prayers_needed_urgently_Updated_in_first_post.html&page=4

The Williams family has lost everything in the fire. The Teague Nursing Home, where grandparents Charlotte Comeau-Gonzales and Gilbert Gonzales work, have made themselves available to help with donations of clothing and household items for the family. They have alerted the Red Cross at Waco and also at Ft. Hood as well as the Army Emergency Relief office there.

Clothes for Mr. Williams are: shirts-large; 32x34 pants, 9 ½ shoe; for baby Lydia – 3T and infant size 6 shoe;  Amanda will need gowns.

A fund has been set up at Citizens State Bank in Teague. Monetary donations are being accepted under Charlotte Comeau FBO (for benefit of) Steven Thomas Williams III. In giving please remember that the family will be traveling between Teague and Dallas for a very long time.

Stephanie Bivins is the lead agent for contact at Teague Nursing Home, 254-723-9613, or Administrator Ray Chapman at his office, 254-739-2541 or his cell at 214-538-4439.

Hope this helps some.

Do we have a mailing address for the clothes donations? I have several brand new pairs of jeans in his size that my belly grew out of before even being used. I could stuff them in a box and ship them off.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#31]
For non paypal donations is there someone or someplace we can send money orders too?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Talked with my business partner and our company Counter Solutions of Texas are going to offer several items for auction.  We are a suburban Austin based company of retired public safety employees and former Air Force officer.  We repair and resurface solid surface countertops and butcher block, build custom kitchens, home offices and furniture.

The following packages are what we are going to offer to the highest bidder-

Package #1- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within 250 miles of Austin unless you're going to cover fuel.

Package #2- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within 250 miles of Austin unless you're going to cover fuel.

Package #3- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within 250 miles of Austin unless you're going to cover fuel.
Average retail value of a 10x10 kitchen is approximately $400-700 depending on the finish and damage to the countertops.

We will do commercial projects, with limitations of surface area (we're not going to redo an entire hotel free )
The resurfacing will remove the scratches, gouges, burns and dull finishes from your counters and return them to what they looked like when you first got them in your home.

Package #4- Custom made gun cabinet or entertainment center of your choice delivered within the continental US.
This package will take a little time as we will consult with you as to what you want, design, fabricate and ship and we're still unpacking tools for the shop.

All that being said I'd like to set a reserve of $250 on any of the above items.

Our company has a standing policy of donating a minimum of 5% of all profits to Masonic charities, Wounded Warrior Project, Task Force Dagger and other .mil charities.

Edit- OP we will offer our services of demolition and some construction when the time becomes available.  We'll try to also to get other contractors to contribute their services as well.

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Talked with my business partner and our company Counter Solutions of Texas are going to offer several items for auction.  We are a suburban Austin based company of retired public safety employees and former Air Force officer.  We repair and resurface solid surface countertops and butcher block, build custom kitchens, home offices and furniture.

The following packages are what we are going to offer to the highest bidder-

Package #1- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within Texas unless you're going to cover fuel.

Package #2- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within Texas unless you're going to cover fuel.

Package #3- Solid surface or butcher block resurfacing (no limit) of any residential property within Texas unless you're going to cover fuel.

We will do commercial projects, with limitations of surface area (we're not going to redo an entire hotel free )

The resurfacing will remove the scratches, gouges, burns and dull finishes from your counters and return them to what they looked like when you first got them in your home.

Package #4- Custom made gun cabinet or entertainment center of your choice delivered within the continental US.

This package will take a little time as we will consult with you as to what you want, design, fabricate and ship and we're still unpacking tools for the shop.

Our company has a standing policy of donating a minimum of 5% of all profits to Masonic charities, Wounded Warrior Project, Task Force Dagger and other .mil charities.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#34]
This is an awesome thread guys and it has inspired me to do something I never would have considered before reading this thread.  I'm going to auction my GOLD arfcoin.  This is a standard 1oz silver arfcoin that I had flash gold plated at work in 24 kt gold.  Basically, this is a standard 1oz silver coin that has had ~ $4 worth of 24kt gold electroplated to it.  As far as I know, it is 1/1.  Here are some pictures of it:

The gold coin is all that is included in this auction, I'm keeping the Python, the Baer TDP and the Sebenza.  Winning bidder will pay the OP and I'll ship the coin at my expense.

Please bid early and often, this is a great opportunity to help a deserving person out.

Blkt
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a coin already, but I've been looking for somewhere to throw a few extra bucks.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gentlemen are heroes.  We need the OP to edit this information into the first post.  This will get complicated, so we all have to be careful to keep it straight.  Thanks for stepping up!  

No sir.  Not a hero.  Just an Arfcommer.

I read this this morning. It made me choke up just a little. Its funny how you see us go at each other and what not but when something terrible like this happens it brings out the best in us. Some folks just will never understand. For this i am grateful to be a member here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I have a coin already, but I've been looking for somewhere to throw a few extra bucks.

You don't have a gold one.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Seems to me if we are going to help a warrior, the weapons of warriors are wonderful things to donate for auction.

I am offering up a unique item, a Bowie knife made by one of the Nepalese Kamis of Himalayan Imports. While all knives and knukuris from HI are one of a kind custom creations, this is something not of their norm.

As the donor, I can't let it go unless it raises at least $250... Shouldn't be too hard if a challenge coin is bringing in $525 last I checked.

So here she is, the reserve price and opening bid is $250. Do I see $250?

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]
300 for the eotech
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll bid $150 on targets's knife.

No I don't expect to win.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I will give $100.00 for silver coin #3.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

millfire517

$    75.00

IchWarrior

$  100.00

vbfg135

$  150.00

03PSD

$  175.00

scmar

$  200.00

captainseaweed

$  250.00

Billmanweh

$  300.00

ragedracer1977

$  325.00

FragDoll

$  350.00

gjg

$  500.00

whoanelly

$  525.00

ragedracer1977

$  100.00

gjg

$  250.00

rcb1586

$  225.00

at4xj

$    50.00

isn't there a $525.00 bid for coin #1?

i had bid it up to 500 and then whoanelly upped it to 525.00........
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

millfire517

$    75.00

IchWarrior

$  100.00

vbfg135

$  150.00

03PSD

$  175.00

scmar

$  200.00

captainseaweed

$  250.00

Billmanweh

$  300.00

ragedracer1977

$  325.00

FragDoll

$  350.00

gjg

$  500.00

whoanelly

$  525.00

ragedracer1977

$  100.00

gjg

$  250.00

rcb1586

$  225.00

at4xj

$    50.00

It's there.  Formatting sucks, but I'm working on a better layout.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#48]
$100.00 for silver coin #2.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm in for $100 on TargetTarget's 1911 knife.  

The thought of losing a son...

I wish I could do more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

millfire517

$    75.00

IchWarrior

$  100.00

vbfg135

$  150.00

03PSD

$  175.00

scmar

$  200.00

captainseaweed

$  250.00

Billmanweh

$  300.00

ragedracer1977

$  325.00

FragDoll

$  350.00

gjg

$  500.00

whoanelly

$  525.00

ragedracer1977

$  100.00

gjg

$  250.00

rcb1586

$  225.00

at4xj

$    50.00

It's there.  Formatting sucks, but I'm working on a better layout.

got it!!!  i'm slow....
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top