Don't forget what Obi Wan Kanobi said, "Beware of the Dark Side, it is strong!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morally there's no difference.

Doing it before delivery simply provides a pretext for dehumanizing the victim.

For those who say the Bible is a dusty old book that has no bearing on us today because we live in a totally different world:

Isaiah 5:3
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Psalm 106:37-39
They even sacrificed their sons
And their daughters to demons,
And shed innocent blood,
The blood of their sons and daughters,
Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan;
And the land was polluted with blood.

Oh brother, quotes from the bible.

Now that your reflexive response to seeing scripture is out of the way, do you have anything to say to my point that these particular scriptures--whether you believe the Bible or not--portray a world that is not at all different from the one that now sees the open advocacy for the killing of newborns?

My apologies if I missed sarcasm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go for that if we can allow men who have suffered irreparable harm due to abortion......I vote that men be allowed to do abortion...like perform post birth abortion of rapist, pedophiles, drug dealers, and maybe a smattering of communist here and there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What about the baby's choice ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder is murder, I don't base humanity or morals on fucking elections snowflake.

Womyn have suffered under the likes of will-imposers like you for too long! Maybe we should just legalize beating women again, since that seems to be the sort of thing you are supporting!?

The GOP will start winning elections, just as soon as we support common sense pro-choice legislation. What do you have against choice?

what baby?

I just see a clump of sub-human cells that wants to parasitically drain the mother emotionally and physically for 18 years.

surely you aren't going to call some 7 pound lump of pink, defenseless meat "Human"?

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So who are you to determine what is, and is not, murder as opposed to justifiable homicide.  How are you doing it?

just your typical white male shoving everyone into a colonial heterocage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLno thumping at all and I'm not even a religious person. Not everyone bases right and wrong on religion.

So who are you to determine what is, and is not, murder as opposed to justifiable homicide.  How are you doing it?

just your typical white male shoving everyone into a colonial heterocage.

I guess I'm just rasis
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
making us lose elections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

making us lose elections.
Well this one is true.

Especially if you think that the morning after form of birth control is the same as infanticide.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now that your reflexive response to seeing scripture is out of the way, do you have anything to say to my point that these particular scriptures--whether you believe the Bible or not--portray a world that is not at all different from the one that now sees the open advocacy for the killing of newborns?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For those who say the Bible is a dusty old book that has no bearing on us today because we live in a totally different world:

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

And shed innocent blood,

arguing with people that can/have rationalized the killing of born/unborn children is a waste of time

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would go for that if we can allow men who have suffered irreparable harm due to abortion......I vote that men be allowed to do abortion...like perform post birth abortion of rapist, pedophiles, drug dealers, and maybe a smattering of communist here and there.
View Quote

Those men are victims of society.

See, had we killed them before they became human, then they wouldn't have committed any crimes.  We failed them as a society.  So whatever crimes they commit, because only humans can commit crimes, is societies fault.

Until a clump of cells can physically commit a violent felony, it isn't really human.

racist.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

murder is nothing more than illegal homicide.

what society deems acceptable isn't murder.

so don't be swinging your bible thumping morality all up in this bitch.

where the fuck are the rest of the libertarians?  they should be all over this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Both of you hate women, freedom, and free will, and just want to impose your misogynist views on everyone, making us lose elections.

Murder is murder, I don't base humanity or morals on fucking elections snowflake.

where the fuck are the rest of the libertarians?  they should be all over this thread.

I'm a libertarian.

Abortion is murder.

Your "choice" is to or not to  create a new life. Once you've created that life, you've made your choice and are responsible for it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#10]
And people wonder how they found people to herd Jews into the gas chamber and pull the lever. There are plenty of people who are completely fine with this way of thinking.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Both of you hate women, freedom, and free will, and just want to impose your misogynist views on everyone, making us lose elections.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And people wonder how they found people to herd Jews into the gas chamber and pull the lever. There are plenty of people who are completely fine with this way of thinking.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

So killing 6 million Jews in the holocaust evidently wasn't murder, because German society deemed it acceptable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And shed innocent blood,

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And shed innocent blood,

You mean like when Jeptha sacrificed his daughter because Yahweh helped him kill people in a battle? That kind of sacrificing of their son's and daughters?

Or when they killed their daughters for not being virgins on their wedding night?  That kind of sacrifice?

Or when they killed entire towns, including children and infants? That kind of sacrifice?

Or when god supposedly killed all the first borns in an entire country? That kind of sacrifice of children?

Sorry, with a track record like that, the OT has no moral authority on the subject of killing children.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

what baby?

I just see a clump of sub-human cells that wants to parasitically drain the mother emotionally and physically for 18 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Womyn have suffered under the likes of will-imposers like you for too long! Maybe we should just legalize beating women again, since that seems to be the sort of thing you are supporting!?

The GOP will start winning elections, just as soon as we support common sense pro-choice legislation. What do you have against choice?

what baby?

Um, huh?  So no one is human until they are over 18?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

just the bible thumpers taking a 2000 year old fairy tale and subjugating the free man with it.

christian taliban is all they are; trying to build a theocracy around ignorance and hatred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the "it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" crowd.

just the bible thumpers taking a 2000 year old fairy tale and subjugating the free man with it.

christian taliban is all they are; trying to build a theocracy around ignorance and hatred.

I'm assuming you're just trolling (poorly)

Killing babies is wrong prima facia. It need have nothing to do with religion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.
Just look at threads fantasizing about killing illegals on this very site.

There are no shortage of people who will kill you for convenience.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

See, had we killed them before they became human, then they wouldn't have committed any crimes.  We failed them as a society.  So whatever crimes they commit, because only humans can commit crimes, is societies fault.

Until a clump of cells can physically commit a violent felony, it isn't really human.

racist.
View Quote

Maybe we should delete that because that will give them ideas?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]
You can rationalize any behavior in the world folks, stop being racist, sexist, and being a statist.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You mean like when Jeptha sacrificed his daughter because Yahweh helped him kill people in a battle? That kind of sacrificing of their son's and daughters?

Or when they killed their daughters for not being virgins on their wedding night?  That kind of sacrifice?

Or when they killed entire towns, including children and infants? That kind of sacrifice?

Or when god supposedly killed all the first borns in an entire country? That kind of sacrifice of children?

Sorry, with a track record like that, the OT has no moral authority on the subject of killing children.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shed innocent blood,

Fair enough.  Since you claim the moral authority to judge God, you should be good enough to judge the subject of the thread. What's your take on post-birth abortion and the ethical justification presented by the advocates in the OP's linked article?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

racist.

Your heterocage is showing.  Men can't be victims, as it is the male dominated rape society that has allowed them to come into being.

Their very existence is proof of the fact.  

Fascist/Racist/Sexist  
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Stop deflecting.

When we see that sort of language then we attack it the same way as attacking the asshole in the OP's article.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Obama voted yes on this 3 times when he was a state senator.
View Quote

Would you expect any less from a man who has sold his soul to Satan?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

what baby?

surely you aren't going to call some 7 pound lump of pink, defenseless meat "Human"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what baby?

The Christian Taliban loves calling post-natal fetuses 'babies'. It's their way of trying to trick the poor womyn (who was probably raped) into keeping the thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Christian Taliban loves calling post-natal fetuses 'babies'. It's their way of trying to trick the poor womyn (who was probably raped) into keeping the thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what baby?

Where's the "Like" button?  This whole exchange is awesome.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shed innocent blood,

Your fictional book was written after people were being killed, while people were being killed,  and people are still being killed.  Some people are still being killed because of peoples stong belief of your "great book."  Just because you found a few lines in it that apply at any time in history means very little.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Fair enough.  Since you claim the moral authority to judge God, you should be good enough to judge the subject of the thread. What's your take on post-birth abortion and the ethical justification presented by the advocates in the OP's linked article?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And shed innocent blood,

All humans have this authority.

I've said in many other abortion threads, I think a human brain is required for a human to be present.  Before that (or after that, in the case of people who become brain dead from traumatic injury), the person no longer exists.

We simply don't know what a fetus thinks and feels, thus we should err on the side of caution and use the presence of a brain with ANY activity as the line of separation between "a lump of cells" and a human.

I realize that this would make abortions that are performed in this country today illegal, and I don't care.

That said, I have no desire to push this issue on the political stage, because it will undoubtedly help the democrats.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what baby?

Except for the fact that, you know, rape is only cited in 1% or less of all abortions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#30]
it does cause the question to be asked - what is the difference between a 9 month abortion and a baby? and 8 month and a baby? a 7th month and a baby?

where do you draw the line?

because honestly - "it's still in the womb" is a shitty as answer.

pre-mature babies can survive being born months before their estimated birth, yet it's still OK to kill others that same age because they're still up there? stupid if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I've been for non-parental post birth abortion for years! Especially for politicians.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Stop deflecting.

When we see that sort of language then we attack it the same way as attacking the asshole in the OP's article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Stop deflecting.

I didn't deflect anything.  I posted a literal example of what he was talking about: people willing to take humans an load them on to train cars because they are "bad".  It is just as pertinent as anything else to that point.

Liberals fantasize about doing it to "evil conservatives" or the "greedy 1%".

I think people getting sent to the gas chambers is more in line with those examples than infanticide (which is equally wrong...just somewhat different).

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That may be the best statement on this I've ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sub-Humans, whether pre or post natal, do not have individual rights.  and we will let judges and liberal academics, who are best suited to make these hard choices, determine what is, and is not, sub-human.

That may be the best statement on this I've ever seen.

Fuck, if a 'tard had his/her way, they'd abort 60 year old RDak for god's sake.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#35]
oh and another thing - it's hilarious that people call it a baby when it's wanted and a fetus when it's not. ask a woman how her fetus is doing, what the sex of her fetus is, when is the fetus due, etc and you'll probably get slapped. but if she decided she didn't want it, it'd be perfectly OK. it's pretty fucked up that the mother gets to decide what "it" is referred to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I prefer to wait until they become criminals before aborting.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've said in many other abortion threads, I think a human brain is required for a human to be present.  Before that (or after that, in the case of people who become brain dead from traumatic injury), the person no longer exists.

We simply don't know what a fetus thinks and feels, thus we should err on the side of caution and use the presence of a brain with ANY activity as the line of separation between "a lump of cells" and a human.

I realize that this would make abortions that are performed in this country today illegal, and I don't care.

That said, I have no desire to push this issue on the political stage, because it will undoubtedly help the democrats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we each have our own moral authority, why would you possibly overstep your bounds like this and advocate making abortion illegal?  The writers of the article linked in the OP are simply exercising the moral authority that you have clearly recognized. What makes your morals superior to their morals such that we should make a decision that limits their moral authority?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I didn't deflect anything.  I posted a literal example of what he was talking about: people willing to take humans an load them on to train cars because they are "bad".  It is just as pertinent as anything else to that point.

Liberals fantasize about doing it to "evil conservatives" or the "greedy 1%".

I think people getting sent to the gas chambers is more in line with those examples than infanticide (which is equally wrong...just somewhat different).

View Quote

Ok, now that you explained it I understand.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if those whack job 'tards didn't find a way in their minds to compare those murders with justifiable infanticide
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's actually kind of nice. They're doing exactly what I do in pro-life apologetics, but in reverse. Same point, though--passage through the birth canal doesn't change a human being's intrinsic value.

Basically, "Would you do this to a born human, like a 2-year-old girl?"

View Quote

This, and
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your fictional book was written after people were being killed, while people were being killed,  and people are still being killed.  Some people are still being killed because of peoples stong belief of your "great book."  Just because you found a few lines in it that apply at any time in history means very little.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm relieved that I didn't miss sarcasm, and I'm glad to see someone who's so up on current events.  Can you give me some examples of "Some people are still being killed because of peoples stong belief of your 'great book.'"?  I can think of current cases of people being murdered *because* they believe in what you properly characterized as that "great book."  Is that what you were talking about?

So, what's your take on post-birth abortion and the ethical justification set forth by the authors of the article linked in the OP?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm not a Bible-thumper and believe that abortion is usually murder.

I believe intent matters. If there is a threat to the health of the mother, there is a justification for terminating the life of a fetus just as there would be justification for deciding to save one person from a burning building before another. But if the intent in aborting a child is to simply reduce the level of burden on the mother, her family or society as a whole, than I believe it to be unjustifiable and murder.

Isn't the primary tenant of libertarian theology to, whenever possible, eliminate coercion and the implementation of force in regulating human behavior? Isn't it a greater use of force to terminate the life of an innocent rather than imposing a burden upon the mother, her family or society as a whole? Death is final. No greater coercion can be levied on an individual. Financial and societal burdens can be dealt with and accounted for. One could argue that because the mother is a self-aware, fully sentient individual that her needs and desires are more important than that of a fetus, but where does that slippery-slope end? Does it end at the birth canal? Apparently not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If we each have our own moral authority, why would you possibly overstep your bounds like this and advocate making abortion illegal?  The writers of the article linked in the OP are simply exercising the moral authority that you have clearly recognized. What makes your morals superior to their morals such that we should make a decision that limits their moral authority?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say we each have our own moral authority.  We all have the authority to judge others.  Doesn't mean we are correct.  Doesn't mean they are wrong.

I view morals like health.  Everyone has an opinion about what is healthy and what isn't.  Often what is healthy does depend on what you value (being able to run far but having joint problems down the road, or being less in shape but not having joint impact problems, etc).  That doesn't mean some things aren't objectively healthy and objectively unhealthy.  

Even the healthiest and smartest person in the world can do something unhealthy, and even the fattest slob out there can call them on it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pedophiles have suffered under the likes of will-imposers like you for too long. What do you have against choice?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm seriously hoping that my sarcasm meter is a bit off this morning. I really, really am.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm seriously hoping that my sarcasm meter is a bit off this morning. I really, really am.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
it does cause the question to be asked - what is the difference between a 9 month abortion and a baby? and 8 month and a baby? a 7th month and a baby?

where do you draw the line?

because honestly - "it's still in the womb" is a shitty as answer.

pre-mature babies can survive being born months before their estimated birth, yet it's still OK to kill others that same age because they're still up there? stupid if you ask me.
View Quote

From conception the victim is the same. The only difference is age.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is............believe me IT IS!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

AR15.com members openly supporting killing Mexicans? I doubt it.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top