BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 102
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What a lame response.  And I already stated long ago in this thread that I store on safe.  But I still think the OP and his supporters here are being asinine jerks.

View Quote

You obviously don't understand the human animal.

This thread is a "U" shaped ambush.

I had to lure the safety violators into the killzone, then once they were past the point of no return I unleashed the science on them.

The type of person that would openly advocate unsafe weapons handling could only be lured through that type of approach.

Read a science book.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had to lure the safety violators into the killzone, then once they were past the point of no return I unleashed the science on them.

The type of person that would openly advocate unsafe weapons handling could only be lured through that type of approach.

Read a science book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a lame response.  And I already stated long ago in this thread that I store on safe.  But I still think the OP and his supporters here are being asinine jerks.

Read a science book.
For those that don't understand how a U-shaped ambush works.

The safety science professionals appear to be easy targets in the valley, the safety violators then shoot themselves in the dicks trying to sound cool on the internet only to have their ND's brought up as case study.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll just leave this here.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pole fail!  There's no option for "I used to store my AR's on safe but the arrogant OP made me reconsider!"

Seriously, dude.  You are so annoyingly arrogant that I can't imagine anyone would ever want to do anything you suggest.  

View Quote

OP's attitude is the only reason thread has gotten as much traction as it has and the only reason it's still around. OP simply stating "hey guys you should really put your weapons on safe and this is why: " would have been ignored into oblivion almost immediately.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OP's attitude is the only reason thread has gotten as much traction as it has and the only reason it's still around. OP simply stating "hey guys you should really put your weapons on safe and this is why: " would have been ignored into oblivion almost immediately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pole fail!  There's no option for "I used to store my AR's on safe but the arrogant OP made me reconsider!"

Seriously, dude.  You are so annoyingly arrogant that I can't imagine anyone would ever want to do anything you suggest.  

Exactly.

Sometimes to make an omelette, you have to remind people they can't cook for shit and they need to actually look at and follow a recipe that is based on logic not feelings. Then after they are ingrained with that recipe, they can break a few eggs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#6]
This year, give your loved ones the best gift of all: safety.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
December is safety science month!

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is my face when I see a picture of an AR laying on the ground with the magazine inserted, selector on fire.

http://i57.tinypic.com/16k4yol.jpg

Please follow the basic firearms safety rules. The selector should be on safe.

And don't give me thisismysafety.jpg, you're ARFCOM, your weapon should be on safe.
View Quote

We see why you have the much coveted instructor icon

now go away
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]
My dry firing must enrage and infuriate the safety science Nazis.

here, let me do it again

*click*

Its especially frightening at 6AM.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#11]
85 page troll thread, wow
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

here, let me do it again

*click*

View Quote

Do you store your ARs hammer down?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

here, let me do it again

*click*

View Quote
No, it doesn't because you just follow all the same rules, just with a weapon with no ammo.

If you thought you were being fresh with your comment, it's been done to death, you would benefit from reading the whole thread to come up with any "gotcha" comments.  

It's going to be tough to come up with anything, many have tried, and many have failed, and the logic of safety has prevailed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
85 page troll thread, wow
View Quote

Only a safety violator would mistake this thread for a troll thread.

I help stupid people learn, it's pretty much what I do.

You could use safety science to prevent having NDs while playing your gun games.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

December is the holiday season in safety violator land.

Safety violators decorate their water heaters in body armor in honor of the fallen water heaters, then watch Black Hawk Down.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#16]
oh really, Im sure that's something you are a expert on. I'll go look for your post on Bryan Enos forum.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

oh really, Im sure that's something you are a expert on. I'll go look for your post on Bryan Enos forum.
View Quote
Funny enough, that style of shooting having it's own rule set for safety has already been addressed.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Funny enough, that style of shooting having it's own rule set for safety has already been addressed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it was a wealth of information.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Safety violators decorate their water heaters in body armor in honor of the fallen water heaters, then watch Black Hawk Down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had read the thread, it might have been some use in explaining the difference between a logically based rule set that provides the safest options under the widest amount of conditions, among a diverse cross section of skill sets and experience.  It also was discussed how certain statistical outliers in the shooting community utilize esoteric rule sets specific to that style of shooting.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you, but not going back through 84 pages of this. I'm good.
On another note Madcap, your user name, do you work for the .gov? SSA?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I do not, what's the connection?  My SN comes from a ships name in a book (Madcap Magician, but I can't remember for the life of me the title) and the year of my Mustang.

ETA dang, maybe not, guess I pulled it from "The Tin Man" by Dale Brown.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thank you, but not going back through 84 pages of this. I'm good.
On another note Madcap, your user name, do you work for the .gov? SSA?
View Quote

He's a political retraining camp counselor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I do not, what's the connection?  My SN comes from a ships name in a book (Madcap Magician, but I can't remember for the life of me the title) and the year of my Mustang.  

View Quote

Thanks, no problem. Madcap is a operations program that we use to make changes and pay people reviving SSA.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thanks, no problem. Madcap is a operations program that we use to make changes and pay people reviving SSA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Right on!  Probably named by a Dale Brown nut LOL. (DB wrote "Flight of the Old Dog", and names of his stuff is slyly inserted into tech nerd stuff all the time)

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never heard of her.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Just a reminder to please observe a moment of silence tonight before bed, for the water heaters that are no longer with us.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just a reminder to please observe a moment of silence tonight before bed, for the water heaters that are no longer with us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If people just used birdshot this wouldn't be an issue.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If people would stop dropping their hammers on an "empty" chamber, it wouldn't be a problem either.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If people would stop dropping their hammers on an "empty" chamber, it wouldn't be a problem either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chamber is empty, it's using the wrong ammo that is the problem with untimely water heater deaths each year...

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Calls a guy who has extensive weapons handling a troll...  

After making a shitty argument about how his situation is an exception.

I know you're going to the GD "Gotcha" set up, just gonna let you know, it's gonna be on you and you set it up yourself.
View Quote

in a specific controlled situation, yes it is an exception - because people do stupid shit and you have to do more vigilance. What about weapons with no safety, like striker fired pistols?
vigilance and checking is safety. relying on the position of the safety when dealing with non-gun people is where you end up with a gotcha.

refute the argument - point out the specifics of where what I posted is wrong and why.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

in a specific controlled situation, yes it is an exception - because people do stupid shit and you have to do more vigilance. What about weapons with no safety, like striker fired pistols?
vigilance and checking is safety. relying on the position of the safety when dealing with non-gun people is where you end up with a gotcha.

refute the argument - point out the specifics of where what I posted is wrong and why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're going to the GD "Gotcha" set up, just gonna let you know, it's gonna be on you and you set it up yourself.

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a confession...

My home's water heater is in the garage.  I was working in the garage and dropped my tape measure behind the water heater.  I couldn't reach behind the water heater to retrieve my tape measure.  As I moved the water heater, a CPVC pipe cracked and water started spraying out of the pipe.  I quickly turned the water going into the water heater off (acting like a tourniquet) and then opened up a sink faucet in my laundry room (acting like a chest decomp).  I was then able to replace the CPVC pipe and the fitting, open the valve I closed, and turned the water in the laundry room off.  

As I was taking my hot shower afterwards it occurred to me that many of my fellow ARFCOMers have had to suffer through the miserable, unpleasant experience of a cold shower; not because they are deployed to the nether-regions of the world protecting the freedom of the water heater manufacturers of this great country, not because their mom used all of the hot water to fill a bath tub while they were out playing gun games, or not because of any other exterior reason, but because those ARFCOMers do not understand spring science and the safety rules.

Thank you OP.  I know that if I ever have to bare the chilling experience of a cold shower in my own home, the reason will not be because anyone living in or allowed in my house has a tiny brain.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please refer to pages 1 through 84.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg

my example was a very specific set of circumstances, photographing models with guns. they tend to be every bit as stupid as you might think, though there are exceptions. The position of the safety is meaningless as they will manipulate it and screw around with the trigger. this is why you do extra vigilance and take extra steps. Relying on the safety position isn't one of them. That was my point, my only point.

There are situations where the safety is irrelevant, because of stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

my example was a very specific set of circumstances, photographing models with guns. they tend to be every bit as stupid as you might think, though there are exceptions. The position of the safety is meaningless as they will manipulate it and screw around with the trigger. this is why you do extra vigilance and take extra steps. Relying on the safety position isn't one of them. That was my point, my only point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg

Sounds like the models need to take safety a little more seriously before being handed a weapon.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a confession...

My home's water heater is in the garage.  I was working in the garage and dropped my tape measure behind the water heater.  I couldn't reach behind the water heater to retrieve my tape measure.  As I moved the water heater, a CPVC pipe cracked and water started spraying out of the pipe.  I quickly turned the water going into the water heater off (acting like a tourniquet) and then opened up a sink faucet in my laundry room (acting like a chest decomp).  I was then able to replace the CPVC pipe and the fitting, open the valve I closed, and turned the water in the laundry room off.  

As I was taking my hot shower afterwards it occurred to me that many of my fellow ARFCOMers have had to suffer through the miserable, unpleasant experience of a cold shower; not because they are deployed to the nether-regions of the world protecting the freedom of the water heater manufacturers of this great country, not because their mom used all of the hot water to fill a bath tub while they were out playing gun games, or not because of any other exterior reason, but because those ARFCOMers do not understand spring science and the safety rules.

Thank you OP.  I know that if I ever have to bare the chilling experience of a cold shower in my own home, the reason will not be because anyone living in or allowed in my house has a tiny brain.
View Quote

No! Thank you.

And thank you for saving the life of that water heater. You are a hero.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I guess if a couple of "models" you hired off of craigslist can't manage to follow the safety rules, we all should just ignore them too.

Solid argument.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should take a page from Weapons Outfitters and use models that are shooters, or at least wiling to be safe and practice safety science?  

Unless you just photograph gun bunnies. In which case you probably don't care about how your models and photography represent your work to shooters.

If you had been paying attention it's been routinely pointed out there are niches in which rules must be either relaxed or more strictly enforces, and not limited to just the "4".

The weapons with no saftey thing has been done to DEATH.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#41]
The safety virus is spreading amongst the site. Hopefully The Infection Continues
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The safety virus is spreading amongst the site. Hopefully The Infection Continues
View Quote
I see a lot of safety science going on in that thread so far.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg

If the guns were props you could pull the BCG entirely.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#44]
150 people don't understand spring science
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevabeendonebefo.jpg

And all the safety rules would still apply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#47]
TL;DR.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
TL;DR.

View Quote

Here's the TL;DR version:
Keep your AR on safe. Don't drop the hammer on an "empty" chamber, because it serves no purpose.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top