BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wrong.  It's a very simple question, with a very clear, certain answer: conception.

Reject whatever you want, you're the one showing your ignorance and looking like a fool.

"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]

"Although life is a continuous process, fertilization is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed.... The combination of 23 chromosomes present in each pronucleus results in 46 chromosomes in the zygote. Thus the diploid number is restored and the embryonic genome is formed. The embryo now exists as a genetic unity."
[O'Rahilly, Ronan and Muller, Fabiola. Human Embryology & Teratology. 2nd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 1996, pp. 8, 29.]

"Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)... The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual."
[Carlson, Bruce M. Patten's Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3]

"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]

"Embryo: An organism in the earliest stage of development; in a man, from the time of conception to the end of the second month in the uterus."
[Dox, Ida G. et al. The Harper Collins Illustrated Medical Dictionary. New York: Harper Perennial, 1993, p. 146]

"Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism.... At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), a new life has begun.... The term embryo covers the several stages of early development from conception to the ninth or tenth week of life."
[Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So when DOES life begin?  I can't answer that with certainty, nor can anyone else.

Wrong.  It's a very simple question, with a very clear, certain answer: conception.

Quoted:
I reject your contention that life begins at conception. You are no more able to prove that than I am able to prove it begins at 12 weeks or 24 weeks or 30 weeks. It is an unknown.

Reject whatever you want, you're the one showing your ignorance and looking like a fool.

"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."

"Although life is a continuous process, fertilization is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed.... The combination of 23 chromosomes present in each pronucleus results in 46 chromosomes in the zygote. Thus the diploid number is restored and the embryonic genome is formed. The embryo now exists as a genetic unity."
[O'Rahilly, Ronan and Muller, Fabiola. Human Embryology & Teratology. 2nd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 1996, pp. 8, 29.]

"Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)... The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual."
[Carlson, Bruce M. Patten's Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3]

"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."

"Embryo: An organism in the earliest stage of development; in a man, from the time of conception to the end of the second month in the uterus."
[Dox, Ida G. et al. The Harper Collins Illustrated Medical Dictionary. New York: Harper Perennial, 1993, p. 146]

"Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism.... At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), a new life has begun.... The term embryo covers the several stages of early development from conception to the ninth or tenth week of life."
[Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943]

I stand corrected.  I thought that life beginning at conception was my opinion.  Now I know it's a scientific fact.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Proof the American eugenics program is a success.

Some say that abortion is much like modern day human sacrifice.  The god the fetuses are sacrificed to are pleasure (sex) and convenience (don't want the responsibility of raising children).

It is.

No question about it.  And there's nothing new here.

That's the same reason the Israelites were told to wipe out the Canaanites by God.  The Canaanites would "pass their children through the fire", a euphemism for burning their newborn alive as a sacrifice to Molech.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Many people support abortions out of ignorance - claiming it's not a baby; claiming it's not human.  When they learn the truth, their opinion may change.

I don't know if those in this thread spreading these falsehoods are doing so out of ignorance or malice, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL arguing with dictionary definitions a discussion of this depth and scope is hilarious.  

Many people support abortions out of ignorance - claiming it's not a baby; claiming it's not human.  When they learn the truth, their opinion may change.

I don't know if those in this thread spreading these falsehoods are doing so out of ignorance or malice, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I agree 100%.  Having learned a lot about the science behind sexual dimorphism, biology, reproduction and fertility my opinion has indeed changed greatly. Also a lot of the cultural differences are interesting on the other side as well.

The "it's a baby because I say it's a baby" regardless of where it is at in the development cycle is kind of funny since that's trying to define a concept which has both scientific as well as cultural meanings.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I stand corrected.  I thought that life beginning at conception was my opinion.  Now I know it's a scientific fact.

Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you.
Yet, it is not the beginning of pregnancy, and that life has a good change of getting aborted by the mothers body.

So what if life starts at conception? You talk about scientific fact, it's a scientific fact women's bodies are abortion factories.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yet, it is not the beginning of pregnancy, and that life has a good change of getting aborted by the mothers body.    

http://www.unc.edu/news/archives/jun99/wilcox2.htm

So what if life starts at conception? You talk about scientific fact, it's a scientific fact women's bodies are abortion factories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Bbbbbbut that's like falling off a cliff, and not being pushed off of one.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
So if life starts at conception, and 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, where's the moral outrage over allowing that to happen?  Is it less morally outrageous to allow a fetus to die or more or equal?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Yep that is the rub. Some would argue that all forms of birth control are wrong. On the other end you've got people who think third trimester abortions are perfectly fine. Most people are somewhere in the middle. Luckily our government has listened and is smart enough to stay out of this issue, and allows individuals to choose what is right and wrong for themselves. I understand people who don't support abortion, but I don't understand people who think that the government can make the issue better.

The government isn't the solution to this problem. I'm willing to bet that welfare and other brilliant government programs greatly contribute to the number of abortions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So if life starts at conception, and 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, where's the moral outrage over allowing that to happen?  Is it less morally outrageous to allow a fetus to die or more or equal?
View Quote

We should outlaw natural conception and mandate IVF.  Of course we can't dispose of the unused zygotes, that would be murder, so for every IVF procedure we'll need a dozen or two women ready to get implanted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep that is the rub. Some would argue that all forms of birth control are wrong. On the other end you've got people who think third trimester abortions are perfectly fine. Most people are somewhere in the middle. Luckily our government has listened and is smart enough to stay out of this issue, and allows individuals to choose what is right and wrong for themselves. I understand people who don't support abortion, but I don't understand people who think that the government can make the issue better.

The government isn't the solution to this problem. I'm willing to bet that welfare and other brilliant government programs greatly contribute to the number of abortions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Another issue this all brings up is that pro-choice implies that rights need to be conferred based on statistical potential.  It's a potential human therefore it has human rights.  Where as law has to be based on state, condition, and intent.  So does this mean that criminal law applies to statistically potential crimes?  Does contract law apply to potential breaches?  Does divorce law apply to bad marriages?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A rational human being who would allow women to have control over their reproduction and contreceptive choices?  What a monster!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Once again, I was talking to one of the few adults on the anti-choice side, not a monkey in the zoo throwing poop and calling me a "monster".

What would you call  an adult male who advocates for the killing of babies?  Monster fits pretty damn well.

A rational human being who would allow women to have control over their reproduction and contreceptive choices?  What a monster!  
The tank had me fooled, I forgot there are liberals who served our nation in the military.

First Thank you for your service, I too served in The US Navy.

But this phrase is the liberal manta to a fucking Tee

"allow women to have control over their reproduction and contreceptive choices"
By the way, for someone who spouts off about us not being to bright, you spelled "contreceptive" wrong

It's "
contraceptive"

But woman do have a contraceptive choice long before they allow a guy to stick his dick in there.

They have IUD's, pills, and more choices, hell they can even insist a guy wear a condom.

Sounds like plenty of choices a well informed woman can make with out using abortion as birth control.
What about the rights of the Father?

This is as far as I know where 2 people enter into an agreement to do
something and one party loses his rights to make any decision on his
unborn child.

You can say "it's just his sperm" but it's just her eggs too ya know.
It may sound barbaric to you to force a woman to carry and give birth
but after the birth there are a lot of people who will take that new
born and love it and not kill it.
Don't want to have a baby?

Don't want to get pregnant?

Either don't fuck.

Or get contraception before the act of sex .
These so called men in this thread calling for abortions forget how they
demand persons every where be held accountable for their own actions?

These men now decide it's ok to take govt money and states money and kill the unborn baby.
I have a funny feeling there is more to the motives on being pro abortion than just the free choice of women.
Since a great number of these abortions are minorities and a lot of
people in this thread have said "good dead hood rats" I wonder if these
so called freedom loving men might be leaning  88?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Many people throw out the phrase "baby killer" but it's not yet a baby.

ba·by

'babe/Submit

noun

a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.

View Quote
How about an 8.5 month old unborn?

Is it OK to rip it to shreds in the womb?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In real life I have never heard a pregnant woman, feminist or not, call it anything other than a baby residing in her womb. "I can feel the baby kicking". I guess they are babies when they are good and wanted and therefore allowed to be born, they are fetuses when they are parasitic and unwanted and need to be snipped up and hoovered out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many people throw out the phrase "baby killer" but it's not yet a baby.

ba·by

'babe/Submit

noun

a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/baby

a. A very young child; an infant.

b. An unborn child; a fetus.
LOL arguing with dictionary definitions a discussion of this depth and scope is hilarious.  

In real life I have never heard a pregnant woman, feminist or not, call it anything other than a baby residing in her womb. "I can feel the baby kicking". I guess they are babies when they are good and wanted and therefore allowed to be born, they are fetuses when they are parasitic and unwanted and need to be snipped up and hoovered out.
to fucking che

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:snip

Indeed!  IMHO it's a states rights issue (much like any hot button issue).

I find the juxtaposition between people arguing against abortion rights based on religions principles in a country that notionally maintains a separation of church and state interesting as well.  I also find it interesting more specific to this site that so many are proponents for individual liberties when it comes to things they want like firearms rights, but are adamantly opposed to reproductive rights which I would say is more of an individual liberty than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Since a great number of these abortions are minorities and a lot of people in this thread have said "good dead hood rats" I wonder if these so called freedom loving men might be leaning  88?

View Quote
Have you actually taken the time to learn the history behind abortion and planned parenthood yet? You might not sound as ridiculous.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I wasn't talking to you, yappy little dog.  Run away while the big people have a conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bark, bark, bark!

I wasn't talking to you, yappy little dog.  Run away while the big people have a conversation.
Yeah tough guy, or what?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I find the juxtaposition between people arguing against abortion rights based on religions principles in a country that notionally maintains a separation of church and state interesting as well.  I also find it interesting more specific to this site that so many are proponents for individual liberties when it comes to things they want like firearms rights, but are adamantly opposed to reproductive rights which I would say is more of an individual liberty than anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please point out where I have said I want abortion outlawed.  I agree with you, this is strictly a states rights issue.  This does not change the fact that people who glorify abortion are psychotic monsters.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Have you actually taken the time to learn the history behind abortion and planned parenthood yet? You might not sound as ridiculous.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Since a great number of these abortions are minorities and a lot of people in this thread have said "good dead hood rats" I wonder if these so called freedom loving men might be leaning  88?

Put me on ignore slick, you'll sleep better tonight, insults and little digs from moms basement huh?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We are talking about now, keep up or let the Adults talk

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll ask this question here as this seems like a better crowd then last time.

Just a simple philosophical question

Currently, abortions can be had by simply taking a pill. It is taken in in the early weeks of pregnancy(1-8) and essentially mocks the natural function of a spontaneous abortion.

So, let's say that there is a pill that doesn't mock a spontaneous abortion, but gives the taker the ability to abort the fetus on command. Just like the body naturally does, only now it can be called upon rather then being a body response mechanism.

Would that be murder? It is, for all intents and purposes the same body mechanism only now there is control by the mother on if it happens or not.

Would it be murder to harness a process the body is already capable of naturally?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Lookup the excavations at the ancient Babylonian city of Ashkelon,they found thousands of baby skeletons in the sewer system......humankind is horrific due to our fallen & sinful natures,everyone needs Jesus.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Put me on ignore slick, you'll sleep better tonight, insults and little digs from moms basement huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? the entertainment you provide is cheaper than a movie.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PP is the driving force behind everything... now... They target the poor, which covers a lot of minorities.

Keep up? You're that guy that's running alone, thinking he's beating everyone that's about to get lapped
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is an interesting hypocrisy. I agree that most things could be handled better by the States. But old honest Abe decisively ensured that will never happen.  

I just noticed your sig line got updated.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lookup the excavations at the ancient Babylonian city of Ashkelon,they found thousands of baby skeletons in the sewer system......humankind is horrific due to our fallen & sinful natures,everyone needs Jesus.
View Quote

No, we really don't.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Please point out where I have said I want abortion outlawed.  I agree with you, this is strictly a states rights issue.  This does not change the fact that people who glorify abortion are psychotic monsters.
View Quote

Glorifying it?  Who here has done that?  

There is nothing glorious about it, I just don't want it banned by a bunch of busybodies (who happen to be men and would never have to worry about abortion).
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It is an interesting hypocrisy. I agree that most things could be handled better by the States. But old honest Abe decisively ensured that will never happen.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of Abe, it's funny how a states rights issue (gay marriage) has risen up that is dividing America over a minority of the population, meanwhile at the same time there is contention over the use of a certain flag...  

The more things change... lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wish more people would get abortions. Especially stupid people.
View Quote

Gator fans?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Speaking of Abe, it's funny how a states rights issue (gay marriage) has risen up that is dividing America over a minority of the population, meanwhile at the same time there is contention over the use of a certain flag...    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All distracting the public from a real issue (Obamacare) and a truly WTF decision.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ifck0Wnz1r5n4fqo1_500.jpg

No, we really don't.
You have made it clear you do not believe in God and mock those that do.

In your mind there is no consequences for abortion because it's legal and there is no God to punish for all the unborn babies killed.

I believe in God, I am by no means a holy roller, that said I hope i'm there when you find out God is real

Mock all you want

You are free to not believe in God, you are not free to ridicule those of us who do believe in God.

There is a limit to the mocking of God here and members here who do believe, keep it up and I hope you pull a ban hammer.    

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In your mind there is no consequences for abortion because it's legal and there is no God to punish for all the unborn babies killed.
I believe in God, I am by no means a holy roller, that said I hope i'm there when you find out God is real
Mock all you want

You are free to not believe in God, you are not free to ridicule those of us who do believe in God.
There is a limit to the mocking of God here and members here who do believe, keep it up and you might pull a ban hammer.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we really don't.
Mock all you want

There is a limit to the mocking of God here and members here who do believe, keep it up and you might pull a ban hammer.    

Bark bark bark!  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, we really don't.

Mock all you want

Bark bark bark!  

http://previews.123rf.com/images/telliott/telliott0801/telliott080100006/2330515-Barking-Toy-Poodle-Stock-Photo.jpg
Does your sitter know you're up this late?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Mock all you want

There is a limit to the mocking of God here and members here who do believe, keep it up and I hope you pull a ban hammer.    

View Quote
Then what's with all the holy roller rhetoric?

Also, while god might be on your side, and the way you lash out angrily, the ban hammer sure isn't.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Currently, abortions can be had by simply taking a pill. It is taken in in the early weeks of pregnancy(1-8) and essentially mocks the natural function of a spontaneous abortion.

So, let's say that there is a pill that doesn't mock a spontaneous abortion, but gives the taker the ability to abort the fetus on command. Just like the body naturally does, only now it can be called upon rather then being a body response mechanism.

Would that be murder? It is, for all intents and purposes the same body mechanism only now there is control by the mother on if it happens or not.

Would it be murder to harness a process the body is already capable of naturally?
View Quote

If I had super power ...lets assume I could shoot bolts of lightning from my arse...if I decided to super...naturally kill someone it would still be killing (assuming they died.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If I had super power ...lets assume I could shoot bolts of lightning from my arse...if I decided to super...naturally kill someone it would still be killing (assuming they died.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what? People kill other people all the time and it's perfectly legal.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mock all you want

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we really don't.
Mock all you want

You don't need jesus to know right from wrong.
I'm agnostic. Killing  kids is still wrong.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Closing in on 10 times the number of folks Hitler killed, and 15 times as many as were slaves during Civil War, have been systematically eliminated under the American flag since 1973, most of them African American.............We call it Pro-Choice.

Now, you may say "But it wasn't really life yet, they would have been born poor, they would have been disadvantaged."

Regardless if it was life or not when the pregnancies were stopped, they would have existed. They do not exist now. We as a nation have now unequivocally stated the world is better off without millions of poor African Americans. We are celebrating their nonexistence while complaining about a cloth. I personally would have rather a world with them, but I guess having feels about a flag flying in SC while we take our Prius to our college "Post-Confederate Feminism as it relates to Climate" class without the burden of a child is more important.

We eliminate people now not out hate, but so we can have easier lives. The washing machines, vacuum cleaner and dishwasher of genocide.
View Quote

"exterminated"....lol

drama queen much?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it would be killing, not wrong.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, we really don't.

Mock all you want

True but if God exists (as I believe he does) then retribution will be a bitch because I don't see God as our benevolent creator.

Remember, If God created everything then he also created evil in all it's forms.

Logic is a real MFer

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No one seems to want to answer that question honestly.

Sucks, I'd like to hear the answer from someone.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Under the definition of some here, the female body does it naturally all the time, and that's completely fine. Though when outside forces cause it to happen it suddenly becomes wrong.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Margaret Sanger was a racist  ugly old bitch.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough, though with the question having been specifically about murder which has legal as well as moral definitions and context I wasn't sure where you were going with it.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Great thread, actually.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This cunt was/is a hero to the liberals and dems in general.

Too bad more Afro Americans can't read this and see what Dems really thought/think about them.

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with
social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities.  The most
successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious
appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the
Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out
that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

Margret Sanger circa 1922

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/03/11/10-eye-opening-quotes-from-planned-parenthood-founder-margaret-sanger/

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Under the definition of some here, the female body does it naturally all the time, and that's completely fine. Though when outside forces cause it to happen it suddenly becomes wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law is even more convoluted.  If the mother hires a medical professional to end the life of her 8 month 3 week old, partially born, "fetus"; it is perfectly legal(in some states).  If the doctor instead accidentally dropped her fully born baby; he will likely be liable for a large civil judgement.  If her boyfriend had punched her in the stomach and killed  his 9 week old "fetus"; he would be facing manslaughter or murder charges.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

Right! It seems like the greatest friction point is that the people that think it's wrong to use external influence, don't have any momentum to convince people that don't that they should think the same way.

"It's bad because it's bad" isn't much of an argument.  "It's bad because you need Jesus" is WAY worse.

"It's MURDER!" is fine to yell, but its codified as justifiable under the USC.  Yelling it louder doesn't change that either.

Then there's the dude here that try to make people who support abortion feel bad or whatever (I.E. that nutter that keeps calling people monsters). That works about as well as telling a smoker they are monsters for smoking...  all it's going to get is a hearty "fuck you" after a drag.

LOL@ people on BOTH sides that think the solution is yelling louder.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Right! It seems like the greatest friction point is that the people that think it's wrong to use external influence, don't have any momentum to convince people that don't that they should think the same way.    

"It's bad because it's bad" isn't much of an argument.  "It's bad because you need Jesus" is WAY worse.

"It's MURDER!" is fine to yell, but its codified as justifiable under the USC.  Yelling it louder doesn't change that either.

Then there's the dude here that try to make people who support abortion feel bad or whatever (I.E. that nutter that keeps calling people monsters). That works about as well as telling a smoker they are monsters for smoking...  all it's going to get is a hearty "fuck you" after a drag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

The real question is at what point in the life cycle should the govt. provide the minimum protections of refraining to intentionally harm another individual.  The state protects those at the end of their lives till the point the heart or brain waves cease.  It would be logical to grant protections at the stage that a heartbeat/brainwaves are detectable.  I am very supportive of a woman's autonomy over her own body.  However, the fact is 99.5 % of pregnant women chose to have sex, they chose not to use birth control, they chose not to avail themselves of condoms or plan B.  Knowing that pregnancy is the possible/likely result of sex;  is it asking too much to make those choices before another human is punished for their poor choices?  Would not an additional two months be enough time to choose not to subject another human to the barbaric painful practices employed at later dates?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The real question is at what point in the life cycle should the govt. provide the minimum protections of refraining to intentionally harm another individual.  The state protects those at the end of their lives till the point the heart or brain waves cease.  It would be logical to grant protections at the stage that a heartbeat/brainwaves are detectable.  I am very supportive of a woman's autonomy over her own body.  However, the fact is 99.5 % of pregnant women chose to have sex, they chose not to use birth control, they chose not to avail themselves of condoms or plan B.  Knowing that pregnancy is the possible/likely result of sex;  is it asking too much to make those choices before another human is punished for their poor choices?  Would not an additional two months be enough time to choose not to subject another human to the barbaric painful practices employed at later dates?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Great question,  Roe V. Wade set up the legal framework for abortions, there is also laws on the Federal level that make partial birth abortions illegal. So it seems the sticky point is between those two laws.  

I think your question really boils down to in which context are you referring to abortion as? Chemical flushing that replicates the natural system?  Yarding out baby chunks?  Falcon Punch?

It seems your argument for waiting "two months" could be turned around and advocate for utilizing abortions as soon as possible before there is a heartbeat and brainwaves.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top