Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I never understood why people think drug dealers are out there giving away free drugs laced in the their weed.  Like I said, I don't even drink more than once or twice a year nor do any drugs, but people are so paranoid.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I appreciate all of the responses, this board has many who are experienced in a lot of areas of life

As far as her acting different, no she was not.  We didn't notice any change in their behavior.

Honestly I wouldn't bug out about it.

Mention to her tomorrow that you noticed her pupils were a little dilated. Give her the opportunity to tell you, and be honest about giving her a pass on it. Then explain that drugs are a crapshoot, and you don't approve of it and won't tolerate her doing it.

All the crap that people pass off as drugs these days is dangerous. Unless you make it yourself, you never know what you're gonna get.  Ha ha... Drugs are like a box of chocolates!!!

Except pot. If you are familiar with pot, you know what your getting!

Until someone adds something extra.

Been smoking pot for over 23 years , still ain't got anything "extra" in my weed. I'm sure it happens , but nowhere near as often or common as .gov and the rest would have you believe.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I appreciate all of the responses, this board has many who are experienced in a lot of areas of life

As far as her acting different, no she was not.  We didn't notice any change in their behavior.

Opiates. Sounds like some for of pills or heroin. (heroin can be snorted and does not have to be injected) Probably Vicodin or Oxycontin.

Bull shit look what happened to Marcellus Wallace's wife.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lupus?

It's never Lupus.

http://image.hazardstrip.com/ico/sprays/neverlupus_2.gif

My girlfriend has lupus. It isn't funny to make fun of it, it's not a very fun chronic disease to have.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
That's not making fun of lupus.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lupus?

It's never Lupus.

My girlfriend has lupus. It isn't funny to make fun of it, it's not a very fun chronic disease to have.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mention to her tomorrow that you noticed her pupils were a little dilated. Give her the opportunity to tell you, and be honest about giving her a pass on it. Then explain that drugs are a crapshoot, and you don't approve of it and won't tolerate her doing it.

All the crap that people pass off as drugs these days is dangerous. Unless you make it yourself, you never know what you're gonna get.  Ha ha... Drugs are like a box of chocolates!!!

I'm not exactly unexperienced with weed, but really, the whole "lacing" of MJ is way over blown, and frankly, it is just something done to scare people.

I have known people who did lace their pot, along with buying it already laced. I never got any, but I never asked for it either.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like the title says, they came home with largely dilated pupils.  I have no experience with alcohol, drugs or anything like that.  I have never been around anybody who does either.

Anybody know what some of the potential causes could be?

Acid.

Dude I think Ive seen everything there is to see, and Ive never came across acid.

...never seen peoti either.

ETA maybe its a regional thing?

Most of my friends in high school were wrestlers.

During the season, they couldn't drink because they couldn't spare the calories, and they couldn't smoke because it would hurt their conditioning.

So they dipped and dropped acid.

I never had any interest in it personally.

Coke is big with the wrestlers at my school.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lupus?

It's never Lupus.

Chill a while.  Here, take a drag on this....
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not exactly unexperienced with weed, but really, the whole "lacing" of MJ is way over blown, and frankly, it is just something done to scare people.

Try dipping a joint in PCP and get back to me

I think in my 38 years I've SEEN PCP once . as far as the "dipping" bullshit goes , some of the darker ghetto goblins dip cigarettes into embalming fluid , but they do it to themselves intentionally , they call it sherm.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
pot
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If she was on any hard drugs and you know your daughter very well you would know long before you got to looking at her pupils.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, when i got my hands on some liquid acid, i did the equivalent to 20 hits, I didn't sleep for days, was in another world completely. By the end of it, my head felt so heavy I thought it was going to roll off my shoulders. I'm not ashamed of it, i'm honestly glad I tried what I did when I was younger, so I didn't have to wait for adult life to fuck up.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:
How many that posted Acid have actually done it?

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!

14?  Come on.

I did half a sheet once, thats 50 hits. I had been tripping for the few days prior so my tolerance made it like taking 10 hits. I had a friend who did 20 hits with no tolerance.... He handled himself well. Some people can just take it like that.

I smoked a 1/4 gram of DMT in one hit once. I can't describe it, but it was life-changing. It actually can help you understand the history of some ancient cultures. All in the span of 10 minutes! Who cant spare that much time?

There is a benefit to doing acid.... at least for me there was. The very first time I did acid I saw the universality of math, and how it governs EVERYTHING.

It was very clear from the hexagonal spirals that I saw everywhere that my brain functioned according to mathematical principles.

I do not regret doing it in my youth, as it certainly expanded the dimensions of my thought processes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen pcp a few times, lets just say... FUCK THAT DRUG. I tried it at a party when I was 16 years old not knowing what it was, that was enough for me. I put my drink down on a table that didn't exist and I then had a staircase open up into hell.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think in my 38 years I've SEEN PCP once . as far as the "dipping" bullshit goes , some of the darker ghetto goblins dip cigarettes into embalming fluid , but they do it to themselves intentionally , they call it sherm.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a fun game!

We need to play "Guess the Drug!" more often!

Its 12:30 on the east coast.  Lots of kids gotta be getting home by now!

Fathers! Get ready!   Get set!   when your kid walks in the door...............

OOOOOGIDDYBOOOGIIDYYYBOOOOOGLLEYYY!!!

Then I.D. them, do a field sobriety test, collect a urine and hair sample, throat culture, offer them some doritos (its a trap!)  Then mugshot them so we can analyze their level of highness.

Meanwhile your kid will be on the computer posting on "their" forums that they think that their dad is eating grandma's heart pills and blood thinner with scotch.

Seriously, this is fun.  Somebody do this!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I suspected it was a monster sized Frapacino.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
No one buys joints.  More like bags of 1/8, or 1/4 of an ounce full of buds.  You'll know if the buds have been dipped in anything.  Besides, if you get a hold of good weed, chances are the person who has it is pretty high on his ability to grow good shit.  It is like saying that you shouldn't drink Johnny Walker Red Label because they may have putkerosene in it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dextromethorphan (cough meds) seem to be popular right now amongst the youngsters.  That will cause LSD-like symptoms, including pupil dilation.

If it is drugs, that is what me and the wifey were thinking.

Some of you guys have done some crazy stuff.

hate to say this, but you only think you know them.

my stepdaughter got caught with some crack. mom found it in one of her purses in her room. 17. working part time at a sandwich joint. employed with other teens. we thought we raised her to make the right decisions. we talked to her. she was just experimenting too. skipped weed, the paint, the pills, crystal and whatever else they start out with.

later that evening, having thought about how pissed i was earlier in the afternoon, decided she need a wake up considering the past few months, she started acting different, but not different enough to think she was doing anything, just different enough to think maybe it was that time of the month more often or something.

called my good friend. local cop. on duty. stood in the living room with the cuffs and talked to her about the reality of the bracelets and other stuff.

he didn't take her down, but she knew if he had asked me if i wanted her to take that ride, my reply would have been: "hook her up".

she's been straight ever since and has seriously realized that the shit ain't worth it.

they make mistakes, after the fact, but it happens.

hope for the best for you.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Moderndayisraelite, i worked in Drug and Alcohol treatment for 12 years, it could be any number of drugs.

Is she exhibiting any other effects, Lack of balance, stumbling, Can't sleep, nervous twitching, overly energetic, lack of energy?

In other words is she acting like you normally see her act?

My guess is "Huffing" aerosols, since it is quite common and easy to get, just look in any garage or workshop. Based on what little you gave us to work with.

If they are "huffing" aerosols, you had better find out.  You would want them drinking or smoking pot instead of huffing, it cuts off the circulation to your brain.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I still remember what it was like to be a kid and think like a kid.  you are thinking correctly.  that is how they think.  She is coming home too early to be doing anything too hardcore.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dextromethorphan (cough meds) seem to be popular right now amongst the youngsters.  That will cause LSD-like symptoms, including pupil dilation.

Why?

Because we know her and her friends well enough that we would like to think that if they are messing around it wouldn't be anything heavy yet.  Maybe it is just wishful thinking?

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a dime with a half a roach in it, half a cockroach. Still smoked it though, stupid.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#20]
+1

A can of dust off used to clean keyboards can kill you faster than heroin.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Moderndayisraelite, i worked in Drug and Alcohol treatment for 12 years, it could be any number of drugs.

Is she exhibiting any other effects, Lack of balance, stumbling, Can't sleep, nervous twitching, overly energetic, lack of energy?

My guess is "Huffing" aerosols, since it is quite common and easy to get, just look in any garage or workshop. Based on what little you gave us to work with.

If they are "huffing" aerosols, you had better find out.  You would want them drinking or smoking pot instead of huffing, it cuts off the circulation to your brain.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Come up with a clever way to find out.

Does she play sports?

Tell her, her school called and they were going to be doing drug testing in the next week, but they were missing some information in their system on her. Ask her if there is any reason why they should be calling you. Kinda dumb, but theres some better way you can think of if you really try.

Wouldn't be anything wrong, with just sitting her down and asking. Might wait a few days, so she has no idea how you know. She will start thinking you know more than you actually do, and probably fess up. Just remain skeptical. Through the whole time, and don't smile are go along with any potential lies.

My advice is a bit biased, because I don't have kids, but my dad was a police officer and a freaking mind reader. He would have something like the above if not direct surveillance.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friends brother died from huffing aerosols.  I remember it to this day.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extras cost money. People don't give them away.

You can smell PCP right off the bat. As for coke, no one will add that for the same price as weed, and even then, it doesn't stick to weed. You have to add it to the joint or bowl before you smoke it.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I still remember what it was like to be a kid and think like a kid.  you are thinking correctly.  that is how they think.  She is coming home too early to be doing anything too hardcore.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because we know her and her friends well enough that we would like to think that if they are messing around it wouldn't be anything heavy yet.  Maybe it is just wishful thinking?

her coming home early really means nothing. hell, that could be exactly what they would think you would be thinking...
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]

A girl in my school died from huffing when I was a kid, that made me never huff.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friends brother died from huffing aerosols.  I remember it to this day.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is FACT.

The "lacing" argument is a scare tactic and thats it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I really hope the pro-War on Drug fellows are watching. I can see them saying

"While I never! Balderdash!" and their monocle flies off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can smell PCP a mile away. Ask any cop, or just ask me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy crap!  You've been to the temple of math also?  Where everything in existence is a derivative of something else.....all leading to one Master equation of life?  You only "get it" if you've seen it yourself!

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt to prove it.

And....it wasn't on acid.

I've tried to have gone back, but brain wont let me have anything to do with it.  Certainly a one-time revalation.

I kid you not, I went from basically being a math flunkie, just barely functional to top of the class in econometrics literally overnight.  I was bombing calc I and just did not "get it."  Now, I can describe my lunch to you in equations only.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, when i got my hands on some liquid acid, i did the equivalent to 20 hits, I didn't sleep for days, was in another world completely. By the end of it, my head felt so heavy I thought it was going to roll off my shoulders. I'm not ashamed of it, i'm honestly glad I tried what I did when I was younger, so I didn't have to wait for adult life to fuck up.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!

14?  Come on.

I did half a sheet once, thats 50 hits. I had been tripping for the few days prior so my tolerance made it like taking 10 hits. I had a friend who did 20 hits with no tolerance.... He handled himself well. Some people can just take it like that.

I smoked a 1/4 gram of DMT in one hit once. I can't describe it, but it was life-changing. It actually can help you understand the history of some ancient cultures. All in the span of 10 minutes! Who cant spare that much time?

There is a benefit to doing acid.... at least for me there was. The very first time I did acid I saw the universality of math, and how it governs EVERYTHING.

It was very clear from the hexagonal spirals that I saw everywhere that my brain functioned according to mathematical principles.

I do not regret doing it in my youth, as it certainly expanded the dimensions of my thought processes.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Ahhh, the temple of math. I've also visited the temple of music and art, the only thing that stuck was the math.

Quoted:
Holy crap!  You've been to the temple of math also?  Where everything in existence is a derivative of something else.....all leading to one Master equation of life?  You only "get it" if you've seen it yourself!

Been there, done that, have the T-shirt to prove it.

And....it wasn't on acid.

I've tried to have gone back, but brain wont let me have anything to do with it.  Certainly a one-time revalation.

I kid you not, I went from basically being a math flunkie, just barely functional to top of the class in econometrics literally overnight.  I was bombing calc I and just did not "get it."  Now, I can describe my lunch to you in equations only.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

14?  Come on.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I really hope the pro-War on Drug fellows are watching. I can see them saying

"While I never! Balderdash!" and their monocle flies off.

That made me laugh.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I suspected it was a monster sized Frapacino.

LoL Maybe a redbull or go girl.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's not making fun of lupus.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lupus?

It's never Lupus.

2 girlfriends of mine have it. One has scars all over her body from it. Lupus is your body's defenses attacking your body. Its like friendly-fire without a war.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#36]
LSD. Are they laughing a lot?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got a dime with a half a roach in it, half a cockroach. Still smoked it though, stupid.

Fire cleanses all[/Mathias]

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Having a heart to heart with a friend when he divuldged the information that his sister died in his arms from cancer as a kid. I laughed, he laughed, both of us were sad but could not stop laughing.

Quoted:
LSD. Are they laughing a lot?

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recall my friends and I were broke and pulled all the resin coated screens out of our pipes and stuffed them in to the stem of a bong to smoke. 5 screens entered 3 screens came out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#40]
It's just a little pot!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recall my friends and I were broke and pulled all the resin coated screens out of our pipes and stuffed them in to the stem of a bong to smoke. 5 screens entered 3 screens came out.

Good times......

Anyway, the trick was to have a nice glazed ceramic bowl(an actual bowl, not a pipe) that you break your weed up in whenever you smoked. Over time, the resins(trichonomes) on the buds would stick to the surfaces of the bowl. After a month or so, you could take a credit card, scrape the bowl with it, and come out with a nice little ball of hash that could get a few people good and stoned.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No one buys joints.  More like bags of 1/8, or 1/4 of an ounce full of buds.  You'll know if the buds have been dipped in anything.  Besides, if you get a hold of good weed, chances are the person who has it is pretty high on his ability to grow good shit.  It is like saying that you shouldn't drink Johnny Walker Red Label because they may have putkerosene in it.

When I was in high school we used to cruise over to this old ladys house at lunch, she would sell us 1 joint for $3.00 or 2 for $5.00.   We called them pinners or school boys, we'd barely get buzzed.  Some times all you could afford was a joint, thats when we bought those.  It's funny, there would be four of us and all we could scrounge up is a few bucks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
pot

Shows how much you know.

I have NEVER seen anyone high on weed have dilated pupils that werent caused by something else. It is not weed. It is not Lupus.  

Acid and shrooms are the two most likely candidates if the effects are from something they ingested.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too much TV. You don't but "Joints". Pot comes in bud form. If you know your shit, you will never buy "laced" shit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I am not  able to tell you what her problem is. I am just glad you are smart to have that questioning mind instead of   HELL NO NOT MY CHILD...Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#47]
"hello homie, I'd like to purchase two marijuana cigarettes, some of the good kind laced with some pcp if you have any"

"fuck off cop"
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She's on LDS. Yup, that happens when you do Mormon.
If you search her room and find the book of Mormon, thats a sign.
Also known as "Joseph Smith" and "Freakishly polite"
the clincher is if she starts hoarding non-perishable food items in her closet.

Seriously though...I never tried or even thought about trying out anything when I was a teenager, because I KNEW what kind of wrath the old man would have brought down on my ass if I were ever caught.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Ive seen that symptom a million times, its adrenochrome. Satanists make it by cutting out the adrenal glands of sacrificed virgins. awful stuff. you should probably send her to a cult deprogrammer.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

People do that to cigarettes too.

Trust me.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top