Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like the title says, they came home with largely dilated pupils.  I have no experience with alcohol, drugs or anything like that.  I have never been around anybody who does either.

Anybody know what some of the potential causes could be?

Night vision?

I'm hoping.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:
How many that posted Acid have actually done it?

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!

14?  Come on.

I did half a sheet once, thats 50 hits. I had been tripping for the few days prior so my tolerance made it like taking 10 hits. I had a friend who did 20 hits with no tolerance.... He handled himself well. Some people can just take it like that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meth and LSD have VERY similar outward physical characteristics, Dilated eyes, no appetite, and insomnia,but the difference between the two is speech. ON LSD the speech is slurred and reluctant whereas on meth speech is sped up, rambling, and chatty.

I'm not an certified expert, but an expert none the less.

What the fuck?? Outwardly similar physical characteristics?? You've never actually seen anyone on these drugs have you??

BTW being a pretend cop on the internet is impressive, go tell your mom how smart you are.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe there is soemthing wrong with the mirror.......mannnnnn!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% chance she's high, probably weed....simple as that.  Not everyone gets red eyes when they smoke, plus eye drops can clear it up.

did she avoid contact with you when she got home, look really tired, quickly make a beeline to her room, hit up the kitchen for a snack?

Can't really say for certain that she was or wasn't doing something, I've been around enough people who do all sorts of different drugs to know what to look for.

Weed does not dilate your pupils!

I did a few bonghits a second ago and looked in the mirror. My pupils are reacting normally.

PS: EVERYONE gets red eyes when they smoke pot. Thats why its such an effective glaucoma treatment. It increases circulation in the eyes which delivers oxygen, antibodies, etc better than when you are not high.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I appreciate all of the responses, this board has many who are experienced in a lot of areas of life

As far as her acting different, no she was not.  We didn't notice any change in their behavior.

In that case, Id say that she is clean...
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!

I did the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in VA on 3 buttons of 4 hits of mescaline(peyote).

It was insane. I felt like I was a bird..... a bird on mescaline.

I got off the roller coaster and passed the booth where they sell the pictures of you at a certain point on the coaster (these were taken at a loop portion iirc) I was compelled to buy them all. Evey picture with my goofy face looking like I was about to die.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
She's all hopped up on LDS!

Hope you get to the bottom of it. I fear for when my kid is a teenager.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, when i got my hands on some liquid acid, i did the equivalent to 20 hits, I didn't sleep for days, was in another world completely. By the end of it, my head felt so heavy I thought it was going to roll off my shoulders. I'm not ashamed of it, i'm honestly glad I tried what I did when I was younger, so I didn't have to wait for adult life to fuck up.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

14?  Come on.

I did half a sheet once, thats 50 hits. I had been tripping for the few days prior so my tolerance made it like taking 10 hits. I had a friend who did 20 hits with no tolerance.... He handled himself well. Some people can just take it like that.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Dextromethorphan (cough meds) seem to be popular right now amongst the youngsters.  That will cause LSD-like symptoms, including pupil dilation.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You DON'T want to induce a bad trip, that's just wrong. Provide a safe, calm enviroment, provide plenty of water and let it wear off.

If she is on LSD he should make her trip BAD. That'll teach her.

Bad trips aren't fun...at all.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meth and LSD have VERY similar outward physical characteristics, Dilated eyes, no appetite, and insomnia,but the difference between the two is speech. ON LSD the speech is slurred and reluctant whereas on meth speech is sped up, rambling, and chatty.

I'm not an certified expert, but an expert none the less.

What the fuck?? Outwardly similar physical characteristics?? You've never actually seen anyone on these drugs have you??

BTW being a pretend cop on the internet is impressive, go tell your mom how smart you are.

yeah you got ur pee pee slapped!  

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

14?  Come on.

It was a regular occurance for my friends and I to eat anywhere from 10 or more hits.

The first Phish show I went to when I was 15, Alpine Valley 1996, the driver of the bus that took me there dropped a half sheet of what they labeled kaleidoscope (50 hits) right in from of me.  Myself, the person that sold it to him, and everyone around us told him to take it out of his mouth right now, he didn't and tripped for 3 days straight.  Safe to say he didn't drive the bus home that night.  He was a fucking hippy to the highest order, I cannot believe I hung out with people like that.  Looking back, it was just stupid.

Drugs are bad.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
want to really know if it was uppers?  (coke, speed, meth, adderall, ritalin, etc)

Is her jaw clenched tight?

If so, then you are on target

if not, keep trying.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
ModernDayIsraelite, all the B.S. in this thread aside I hope everything with you and your daughter works out fine. Hopefully she isn't on anything.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
She's all hopped up on LDS!

Hope you get to the bottom of it. I fear for when my kid is a teenager.

Damn Mormons!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dextromethorphan (cough meds) seem to be popular right now amongst the youngsters.  That will cause LSD-like symptoms, including pupil dilation.

If it is drugs, that is what me and the wifey were thinking.

Some of you guys have done some crazy stuff.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

MDMA is a good suggestion, but it is that "unpredictable" class of drugs that like Acid or Shrooms, the kiddies know that it would be bad form to do that any time that they risk contact with you because they know they will likely act retarded in front of a sober adult.

I think ecstasy would be the easiest of all those to pull off, especially after the first 2-4 hours, I know girls who would go to school ROLLING FACE. Girls usually love X the most IMO
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Like the title says, they came home with largely dilated pupils.  I have no experience with alcohol, drugs or anything like that.  I have never been around anybody who does either.

Acid.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acid.

Dude I think Ive seen everything there is to see, and Ive never came across acid.

...never seen peoti either.

ETA maybe its a regional thing?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I appreciate all of the responses, this board has many who are experienced in a lot of areas of life

As far as her acting different, no she was not.  We didn't notice any change in their behavior.

Honestly I wouldn't bug out about it.

Mention to her tomorrow that you noticed her pupils were a little dilated. Give her the opportunity to tell you, and be honest about giving her a pass on it. Then explain that drugs are a crapshoot, and you don't approve of it and won't tolerate her doing it.

All the crap that people pass off as drugs these days is dangerous. Unless you make it yourself, you never know what you're gonna get.  Ha ha... Drugs are like a box of chocolates!!!

Except pot. If you are familiar with pot, you know what your getting!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#23]

That is the coolest shit EVER.

I love the internetz
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Alright, enough of the malarky!   The doctor is in!

acid is pretty hard to get these days, especially for a 16 year old.  Unless you travel around the hippy/phish circuit, then you are SOL.  The acid these days is only in tight-knit circles and they don't sell it to kids when they have the same customers for 30+ years.  If the kiddies did get some, they are not dumb enough to do it a night where they may see you.

Coke.  Nope.   Your buzzed for 7 minutes.  maybe 20 tops if you are Don Juan DeColumbia himself.  Red eyes.  Congested look on face due to all the shit the asshole dealers cut the sniff with.  (why do you think the baby formula is locked-up at the grocery store)

Shrooms, maybe, but your gonna see weird behavior and the kiddies already know to do it on sleepover nights because of the unpredictability.

Pot = once again, red eyes if anything. unless she just smoked, and if she did, your nose, not your eyes would be the indicator.

The kiddies do whatever is in the medicine cabinet or pot.  Slight chance of meth if you live in tweekerville.  

MDMA is a good suggestion, but it is that "unpredictable" class of drugs that like Acid or Shrooms, the kiddies know that it would be bad form to do that any time that they risk contact with you because they know they will likely act retarded in front of a sober adult.

Acid, MDMA, coke, meth are all fairly hardcore drugs.  You seem pretty observant, so it is likely that she is in the early experimenting phase, which means she has the brains still to  not fuck around with the hardcore stims and halucinogens yet.  You just don't go to parties and jump right past the joint and start blowing lines.  It is far easier to take something that is in a "familiar" package, such as a pill.  The dose is known and the effect is known.  To someone who is facing their first line or hit of E, it can be pretty scary as you have no clue what is an acceptable dose and what is "too much man......too much!.....

It's been a few years since I was that age, but I have my doubts that LSD is any harder to get now than it was then. If a market exists, someone will be there to support it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DXM / Dextromorphan hydrobromide/ cough syrup makes it very "hard" to walk  You walk like a robot.

it also is known to really make speach difficult.  The uh...."speach center" of your brain gets hit hard by the drug and you tend to slur words, and have a VERY limited vocabulary for a day or so afterwards.  

But your hearing also gets REALLY good.  These uh......"laser ears" can probably hear you typing right now.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe there is soemthing wrong with the mirror.......mannnnnn!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% chance she's high, probably weed....simple as that.  Not everyone gets red eyes when they smoke, plus eye drops can clear it up.

did she avoid contact with you when she got home, look really tired, quickly make a beeline to her room, hit up the kitchen for a snack?

Can't really say for certain that she was or wasn't doing something, I've been around enough people who do all sorts of different drugs to know what to look for.

Weed does not dilate your pupils!

I did a few bonghits a second ago and looked in the mirror. My pupils are reacting normally.

PS: EVERYONE gets red eyes when they smoke pot. Thats why its such an effective glaucoma treatment. It increases circulation in the eyes which delivers oxygen, antibodies, etc better than when you are not high.

You ever looked in the mirror?

You ever looked in the mirror.......... on weeeeed
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acid.

Dude I think Ive seen everything there is to see, and Ive never came across acid.

I was raised in Tennessee, never saw anything more than weed in high school. I move to Florida for college and all I can say is, this state is full of drugs. Miami has to be the number one of the top 5 ecstasy consuming cities.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
The last time I saw acid was in 1999, but it was plentiful. I will admit I don't exactly hang around where there would be a lot of acid use, but I know a bunch of potheads from work and they don't have any.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acid.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I believe they call that Robotrippin.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Dialtion is usually due to stimulants/amphetamines i.e. Coke, Meth, Extasy.

Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
An ASS whoopin....thats what they need
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#32]
LSD makes pupils HUGE , as does Meth and to a lesser extent cocaine. Pot makes your eyes red , there's a difference. Opiates tend to make them smaller. If they're giggling more than normal , I'de say LSD . if they are are doing meth , good luck, life just started to suck.  BTW Ex will make your pupils go buggy as well , and it's popular with teens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because we know her and her friends well enough that we would like to think that if they are messing around it wouldn't be anything heavy yet.  Maybe it is just wishful thinking?

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You DON'T want to induce a bad trip, that's just wrong. Provide a safe, calm enviroment, provide plenty of water and let it wear off.

I wouldn't know and can't see any reason why I would care. BOOOOO
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in VA on 3 buttons of 4 hits of mescaline(peyote).

It was insane. I felt like I was a bird..... a bird on mescaline.

I got off the roller coaster and passed the booth where they sell the pictures of you at a certain point on the coaster (these were taken at a loop portion iirc) I was compelled to buy them all. Evey picture with my goofy face looking like I was about to die.

LOL! Back when I did it they didn't have all that picture-taking stuff. That would have been a sight to remember!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mention to her tomorrow that you noticed her pupils were a little dilated. Give her the opportunity to tell you, and be honest about giving her a pass on it. Then explain that drugs are a crapshoot, and you don't approve of it and won't tolerate her doing it.

All the crap that people pass off as drugs these days is dangerous. Unless you make it yourself, you never know what you're gonna get.  Ha ha... Drugs are like a box of chocolates!!!

Until someone adds something extra.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#37]
She's on LDS. Yup, that happens when you do Mormon.
If you search her room and find the book of Mormon, thats a sign.
Also known as "Joseph Smith" and "Freakishly polite"
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Because you're advocating inducing a bad trip on a young girl that could result in something very bad. Good idea advising someone on something you've never experienced nor know nothing about. I suppose if you caught a kid doing coke, you'd make them snort the whole bag to teach them a lesson.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
pot, mushrooms, pills, take your pick

Probably not pot, but the others are fair game.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Cop pulls my friend over, we were all stoned to the bone.

Cop (shining mag light in my friends face): Whats wrong with your eyes son?

Driver: Uh, allergies.

Cop (shining light on me and the other passengers): Uh huh, everyone in the car has allergies huh. Everyone out of the car.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not exactly unexperienced with weed, but really, the whole "lacing" of MJ is way over blown, and frankly, it is just something done to scare people.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been smoking pot for over 23 years , still ain't got anything "extra" in my weed. I'm sure it happens , but nowhere near as often or common as .gov and the rest would have you believe.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because you're advocating inducing a bad trip on a young girl that could result in something very bad. Good idea advising someone on something you've never experienced nor know nothing about. I suppose if you caught a kid doing coke, you'd make them snort the whole bag to teach them a lesson.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah sure why not, its only an illegal substance that kills brain cells. Snort that shit...
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Opiates. Sounds like some for of pills or heroin. (heroin can be snorted and does not have to be injected) Probably Vicodin or Oxycontin.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I went to a very large college that had very large appetite for all sorts of drugs.  Graduated in 2004.  In the time I was there, acid was VERY rare.  I feel that I had a VERY good handle on where things where and who could get what.  ANYTHING including the goofy exotics like 2-TC to the "how the fuck did you get that..." things like Fentanyl lollypops were on the menu.    Acid?  never.

There was a huge bust in one of the few labs producing it back in like 99 though.  Not a lot of places can make it.  Who knows....Maybe the russians started making it now?

Granted, these things were not my "thing" It is just where the University TOLD me to live  It was an interesting  education to say the least.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright, enough of the malarky!   The doctor is in!

acid is pretty hard to get these days, especially for a 16 year old.  Unless you travel around the hippy/phish circuit, then you are SOL.  The acid these days is only in tight-knit circles and they don't sell it to kids when they have the same customers for 30+ years.  If the kiddies did get some, they are not dumb enough to do it a night where they may see you.

Coke.  Nope.   Your buzzed for 7 minutes.  maybe 20 tops if you are Don Juan DeColumbia himself.  Red eyes.  Congested look on face due to all the shit the asshole dealers cut the sniff with.  (why do you think the baby formula is locked-up at the grocery store)

Shrooms, maybe, but your gonna see weird behavior and the kiddies already know to do it on sleepover nights because of the unpredictability.

Pot = once again, red eyes if anything. unless she just smoked, and if she did, your nose, not your eyes would be the indicator.

The kiddies do whatever is in the medicine cabinet or pot.  Slight chance of meth if you live in tweekerville.  

Acid, MDMA, coke, meth are all fairly hardcore drugs.  You seem pretty observant, so it is likely that she is in the early experimenting phase, which means she has the brains still to  not fuck around with the hardcore stims and halucinogens yet.  You just don't go to parties and jump right past the joint and start blowing lines.  It is far easier to take something that is in a "familiar" package, such as a pill.  The dose is known and the effect is known.  To someone who is facing their first line or hit of E, it can be pretty scary as you have no clue what is an acceptable dose and what is "too much man......too much!.....

It's been a few years since I was that age, but I have my doubts that LSD is any harder to get now than it was then. If a market exists, someone will be there to support it.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acid.

Most of my friends in high school were wrestlers.

During the season, they couldn't drink because they couldn't spare the calories, and they couldn't smoke because it would hurt their conditioning.

So they dipped and dropped acid.

I never had any interest in it personally.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not exactly unexperienced with weed, but really, the whole "lacing" of MJ is way over blown, and frankly, it is just something done to scare people.

Try dipping a joint in PCP and get back to me
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opiates. Sounds like some for of pills or heroin. (heroin can be snorted and does not have to be injected) Probably Vicodin or Oxycontin.

pupils were going the other way , uppers not downers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the possible outcomes of a bad trip(if she did take some LSD), one of them is somewhat ok and a possible learning experience. All the others end badly in one way or another(one significantly worse than the others).
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#50]
dialated .......well the only answer is that she was obviously using drugs and having sex. I would have to say that there is a 99.9 bar chance that she was doing LSD mixed with Meth and pot, and probably having sex with multipal partners with out protection.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top