User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

334 days. Background check completed over two months ago. No movement on my paperwork. Congressman, ATF and FBI contacted via the methods recommended here, by my congressman, the ATF and FBI.

Nothing yet and it's been 4 days since my last communication with all of the agencies.
View Quote

I've been waiting since Jan 30, 2023.....I don't even want to do the math.

Form 1 SBS, Trust.  I spoke with Carol Ripley back in August when she sent it for background....NICS says its still in the queue
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RobZ71LM7:
3 eform 1’s on 3/28, 1 approved yesterday-no batch?

Not a complaint, but more of a I hope my others aren’t in left field.  On 3/28 I filed eform 1’s with ETF finger prints on 3 different lowers.  I filed one in the morning, the next in the afternoon and the final one in the evening all on 3/28.  On 4/1 I got approval notification but it was only for the one I filed in the evening.  The others are still pending.  This process makes no sense.  Hopefully there’s no issue with my other forms.  FWIW, all three lowers are sequentially numbered.  

Edit: all were done as an individual.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22177/IMG_6511_jpeg-3177108.JPG
View Quote

Did you supply your SSN with the applications?
FWIW I’ve had same day eForm 1 submissions approved anywhere from minutes to hours to a day or two between approvals.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kota4bye:

Form 1 SBS, Trust.  I spoke with Carol Ripley back in August when she sent it for background....NICS says its still in the queue
View Quote

I’d be bugging NICS about it. Probably a weekly email inquiry to them at least.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Contact the FBI NICS liason email. The other RP on my trust was delayed, so I needed him to go through the NICS contact email to get it processed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kota4bye] [#5]
I did today....

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available.
View Quote

My mail from Carol back in Aug

Ripley, Carol S. (ATF)
Aug 1, 2023, 10:34 AM
to me

Yes, waiting for background to clear –

You are in Delay status - The NICS Section has experienced unprecedented high volumes of incoming transactions requiring the escalation and reallocation of NICS employ​ees as we strive for the timely resolution of incoming NICS transactions. As a result, backlogs in other areas of processing have occurred. One of those areas is the processing of the National Firearm Act (NFA) background checks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Back to ask the experts.

Think this will go anywhere?

PLEASE GIVE ME AN UPDATED STATUS.

C. RIPLEY UPDATED AUG 1 2023 MY FORM 1 WAS AT NICS "DELAYED" STATUS DUE TO UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND.

TODAY [email protected] WOULD ONLY STATE THE APPLICATION IS IN PROCESS, NO FURTHER UPDATE.

I'M OVER 400 DAYS PENDING, AND HAVE RECEIVED MY FFL AND SOT SINCE SUBMITTING THIS FORM 1.

FORM 1 AND FORM 3 ARE BEING APPROVED IN A FEW DAYS TO WEEKS CURRENTLY, BUT I'M STILL PENDING AND NEITHER ATF OR FBI CAN TELL ME WHERE MY APPLICATION IS.

AT THIS POINT I'M PREPARED TO ASK MY CONGRESSMAN TO INQUIRY THE PROCESS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Back to ask the experts.

View Quote

Just ask your congressman. It doesn't hurt anything. I did that first and that's how I found the initial trail that led to me going to the NICS liason.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Back to ask the experts.

View Quote

I'm hoping it works for you.
I contacted my rep and it hasn't moved my forms at all.
Our reps need to light a fire under these atf assholes and get things going.

They claim to be processing forms "in the order received."
Yeah right, fuckstick. Then why are there control numbers and submissions way, way later than mine and ^the poster I quoted, being approved daily.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

I'm hoping it works for you.
I contacted my rep and it hasn't moved my forms at all.
Our reps need to light a fire under these atf assholes and get things going.

They claim to be processing forms "in the order received."
Yeah right, fuckstick. Then why are there control numbers and submissions way, way later than mine and ^the poster I quoted, being approved daily.
View Quote

I'm torn to go that whole route, or just transfer it to my FFL (me), Form 2 it, and then start over with the application to transfer it back to (me).

The whole thing is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I am not buying the Trust BS...I simply think they do not like trusts and slow boat them to discourage us from doing it..I filed my simple SS Trust back in Sept. 23.. I can read through the whole thing in under 5 minutes..And they see the SS Trusts 100s of time a day likely..There is only one Lawyer/Company that handles the SS Trusts.. Nothing to get confused about there at all..I can see a Standard more complicated Trust taking a day longer as other names and info are on them..My SS Trust is me, one responsible person..That is no more time consuming than any other individual form in my opinion..

Whats really pisses me off though is that others that did the same SS Trust recently, exact filing methods, and they get theirs in a two to three weeks..And mine sits since last Sept..
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:56:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#11]
Originally Posted By carbineone1964:
I am not buying the Trust BS...I simply think they do not like trusts and slow boat them to discourage us from doing it..I filed my simple SS Trust back in Sept. 23.. I can read through the whole thing in under 5 minutes..And they see the SS Trusts 100s of time a day likely..There is only one Lawyer/Company that handles the SS Trusts.. Nothing to get confused about there at all..I can see a Standard more complicated Trust taking a day longer as other names and info are on them..My SS Trust is me, one responsible person..That is no more time consuming than any other individual form in my opinion..

Whats really pisses me off though is that others that did the same SS Trust recently, exact filing methods, and they get theirs in a two to three weeks..And mine sits since last Sept..
View Quote

Trust laws vary by state, but I see what you mean. It shouldn't take as long as it does for trust Form 4s to be completed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]
How long does it take for the ones currently not getting fast approval’s? I submitted two weeks ago and my guess I’m going to be waiting for a while. Not like I haven’t waited a long time before, curious as to how long this one will take.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
How long does it take for the ones currently not getting fast approval’s? I submitted two weeks ago and my guess I’m going to be waiting for a while. Not like I haven’t waited a long time before, curious as to how long this one will take.
View Quote

Lots of factors can extend the time until the paperwork is done.

How did you apply? Efile? Paper? Individual? Trust? Multiple responsible people on the trust? Are you waiting to certify? Have you already certified? Do you or your responsible persons get delayed on occasion?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Lots of factors can extend the time until the paperwork is done.

How did you apply? Efile? Paper? Individual? Trust? Multiple responsible people on the trust? Are you waiting to certify? Have you already certified? Do you or your responsible persons get delayed on occasion?
View Quote

Efile individual with electronic prints. My guess is because my NICS checks don’t come back instantly I’ll get tossed into research or wherever they put it. Usually my NICS takes 10-15 minutes every time I buy a gun, just bought one couple days ago and it took 10 minutes to be approved.

I’ve already waited over 420 days a couple years ago and a couple months ago before the fast approval’s started I got 3 approved, 201, 160 and 140 days. The 140 was my fastest so far to date, all three came back in a 2 day period.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Efile individual with electronic prints. My guess is because my NICS checks don’t come back instantly I’ll get tossed into research or wherever they put it. Usually my NICS takes 10-15 minutes every time I buy a gun, just bought one couple days ago and it took 10 minutes to be approved.

I’ve already waited over 420 days a couple years ago and a couple months ago before the fast approval’s started I got 3 approved, 201, 160 and 140 days. The 140 was my fastest so far to date, all three came back in a 2 day period.
View Quote

Efile individual should be quick. If you get delayed frequently, that might be it. You should probably shoot an email to NICS liason.

Hopefully, it gets taken care of quickly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Efile individual should be quick. If you get delayed frequently, that might be it. You should probably shoot an email to NICS liason.

Hopefully, it gets taken care of quickly.
View Quote

I don’t get delayed, just never get the quick approval, as I said usually have to wait 10-15 minutes. Me and my wife bought guns together at same time a few times, she gets the instant approval while I wait around for a little.

I did send NICS an email Friday and surprisingly got a response that it was in process.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#17]

I don’t get delayed, just never get the quick approval, as I said usually have to wait 10-15 minutes. Me and my wife bought guns together at same time a few times, she gets the instant approval while I wait around for a little.

I did send NICS an email Friday and surprisingly got a response that it was in process.
View Quote

You should get an approval soon from the ATF, then. Every time I've seen that response from NICS, it's been approved within 4 days. Hopefully, the trend continues for you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]

You should get an approval soon from the ATF, then. Every time I've seen that response from NICS, it's been approved within 4 days. Hopefully, the trend continues for you.
View Quote

Hopefully, seeing all these approvals under a week gave me hope lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a response from the NICS liaison at 5:30 this morning. At 10:30 I received six approvals including one old one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gypsyman:
I got a response from the NICS liaison at 5:30 this morning. At 10:30 I received six approvals including one old one.
View Quote

What did you write to get a response?
I've emailed them and they only respond with a copypasta.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

What did you write to get a response?
I've emailed them and they only respond with a copypasta.
View Quote

I just sent an email with my prior approval numbers and my pending approvals numbers asking if my prior approved BGC's might help expedite the process. I received what I believe to be the standard canned reply.

"Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#22]

I just sent an email with my prior approval numbers and my pending approvals numbers asking if my prior approved BGC's might help expedite the process. I received what I believe to be the standard canned reply.

"Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available."
View Quote

I got same response twice, sent another one this morning and they responded about an hour later.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Ah ok.
That's exactly what I included, just worded a little differently.
I've only recieved that canned response as well.
Page / 66
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top