Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 6 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Could you please send me the contact info so I can order a couple of spare caps?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged great post
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
How long does an omega become when paired with a maad mount (51t if it matters) and a flat end cap?

Thx
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:19:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 021411] [#4]
Krylon paint job

For the safety Sallys out there. Yes, carbean was quintuple checked to make sure it was clear. I fingerbanged the chamber and even let my dog get in on the action.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
May I please get the contact info I need a couple
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
May I please get the contact
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Info please. I'd like to order a couple front caps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Omega arrived at the dealer. Signed the Form 4. That's the last can for me. Trying for an PSA AR47 lower to SBR but I don't think that is happening.

Still waiting on my YHM short adapter from a Feb order.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Do these work on the SiCo Hybrid?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Can I get the contact info? I am looking for a 5.56 Ti endcap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:06:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

1. Why?
2. Riiiiiight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mahamotorworks:
1. Signed the Form 4.
2. That's the last can for me.

1. Why?
2. Riiiiiight.

I always have signed them so they can be sent in.

I know.. I know...

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Great service from HEE. Thanks for the information. My Ti Omega can cap screwed right on and looks great.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#15]

The Hybrid takes Omega accessories, just like the Harvester Big Bore.

They should work, but I don't have a Hybrid. Maybe somebody here has done it and can confirm?

ETA: this post was back on p2, so you should be good to go:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAR_16:
Do these work on the SiCo Hybrid?

The Hybrid takes Omega accessories, just like the Harvester Big Bore.

They should work, but I don't have a Hybrid. Maybe somebody here has done it and can confirm?

ETA: this post was back on p2, so you should be good to go:

Originally Posted By drbill:
Ordered a Hybrid 9mm end cap and received it today.  Fits on the Omega same as Omega end caps.

Yes they are interchangeable. Big Waylon can I have the contact info again?  

I need these now that I got my Hybrid. The Hybrid is not 13oz. It's 16 oz with direct thread mount and end cap. You take those off and you get 13oz. I guess that's how they weighed it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]
My new caps came in today. Great product and super fast delivery.  Would highly recommend anyone considering to make a purchase.  I even had mine engraved with caliber markings to help id which is which.  Will try to post pics once I get some daylight to clear up the pics a bit.

Thanks for the lead, now to get the can out of jail...
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Ive looked through this whole thread and don't see a weight comparison between the parts. Anyone know how much the parts weight compared to SICO parts?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Not sure on the weights of the end caps (probably negligible), but the cost is $24 cheaper and they are shiny!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
Not sure on the weights of the end caps (probably negligible), but the cost is $24 cheaper and they are shiny!
View Quote

If it's one ounce it's worth it to me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:13:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#20]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]

I don't have a factory flat cap, but the Ti ones I have weigh .8oz.

My Omega is 12.2oz with Ti flat cap and Ti DT. I expect that to drop a hair when HEE makes DT adapters. The Ti one I have has a much thicker lip on the bottom.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:

My Omega is 12.2oz with Ti flat cap and Ti DT. I expect that to drop a hair when HEE makes DT adapters. The Ti one I have has a much thicker lip on the bottom.

Big Waylon, keep us updated on the DT adaptors.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Awesome. What about the DT insert?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
How long does an omega become when paired with a maad mount (51t if it matters) and a flat end cap?

Thx
View Quote

Anybody?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
A BIG thanks to BigWaylon! I really appreciate you getting this set up/moved along for us all!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:38:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#27]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#28]
This guy really needs a website to make ordering this stuff easy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#29]

What about it? Howard hasn't made any. I can weigh mine in the morning, but it won't be apples to apples, and I don't have the factory one to compare it to since it's at the machine shop.

I update this whenever I find anything out. I emailed him Sat or Sun, and got an answer back this evening. He has some time scheduled on the lathe for Wed. Not exactly sure if that means he'll have a prototype or not. I'm assuming it'll be time for DT mounts, and maybe the ASR blast shield?
View All Quotes
Awesome. What about the DT insert?

What about it? Howard hasn't made any. I can weigh mine in the morning, but it won't be apples to apples, and I don't have the factory one to compare it to since it's at the machine shop.

Big Waylon, keep us updated on the DT adaptors.

I update this whenever I find anything out. I emailed him Sat or Sun, and got an answer back this evening. He has some time scheduled on the lathe for Wed. Not exactly sure if that means he'll have a prototype or not. I'm assuming it'll be time for DT mounts, and maybe the ASR blast shield?

I thought he was making the direct thread mounts and flat caps. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#30]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Amen! If you'd like a website, it would be a great idea to shop with SilencerCo. One off stuff for an already niche market is SWEET!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I thought the website would be nice and was a little skeptical at first but a simple email exchange and it was as easy as pie and I couldn't be happier with the quality and craftsmanship or the products I received.  HEE even added the custom caliber engravings I requested.  Trust me, if you need end caps you can't beat these.

Also, please keep us posted on those dt adapters.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Let me see if I can get the pics to post:

Sorry for the crappy pics but you should get the idea!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I talked to you about this a while ago, but has anyone done a Saker direct thread mount? Has he ever done work on the rear end of a Saker to know the thread size and pitch?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Not that I know of. Did you ever ask him?

I have Sakers here he could measure, or somebody can send him an OEM part to spec out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
I talked to you about this a while ago, but has anyone done a Saker direct thread mount? Has he ever done work on the rear end of a Saker to know the thread size and pitch?

Not that I know of. Did you ever ask him?

I have Sakers here he could measure, or somebody can send him an OEM part to spec out.

No I got onto to something else and didn't follow through with the idea. I still think it would be handy to have a low profile direct thread mount for the sakers, but don't want to pay what SiCo is asking for them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#40]
At least one of those 9/16th is mine.  Have a A-Bolt .300 WM with BOSS.  Will bring the mount to my gunsmith here that has threaded some hosts for me.  Does great work.  He will check thread concentricity then if it's good he will cut threads back to mount. They are very long.

I researched some but never could find where someone had put a can on BOSS threads.

Will let y'all know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Cool. Was that just so you'd know the difference?

Or have you made some F1 cans that accept Omega end caps.
View Quote

It was just to help a forgetful old man keep from blowing an end cap off
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LostInTexas:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LostInTexas:
Cool. Was that just so you'd know the difference?
Or have you made some F1 cans that accept Omega end caps.

The factory 5.56 cap survived 20 rounds of 308 on my friends Omega. End cap was still in good shape. I think we flattened it back out and he is still using it.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Could you please forward me his contact info?  I'm sold on these end caps!  Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 44Bogger:
At least one of those 9/16th is mine.  Have a A-Bolt .300 WM with BOSS.  Will bring the mount to my gunsmith here that has threaded some hosts for me.  Does great work.  He will check thread concentricity then if it's good he will cut threads back to mount. They are very long.

I researched some but never could find where someone had put a can on BOSS threads.

Will let y'all know how it turns out.
View Quote

I use a harvester on my boss threads. I'd love to be able to try out my omega on my ABolt
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#47]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#48]
how much length do you cut by getting that direct thread instead of running ASR.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#49]
You fuckers. I need to grab an omega
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#50]

I haven't seen it in person. Machinist sent me the pics earlier this afternoon. I'll head up there Tue morning to test fit with my Omega. He has a threaded tube, but I want to verify with the suppressor before he starts making any.

That one is 1018 steel, and lighter than the OEM piece. He made it out of something cheaper just to work on the design. The Ti should definitely be even lighter than that.

The oblong cutouts will accept a Saker or Omega pin wrench. Pretty neat idea. I'd imagine the other cutouts would allow for the hook end of the wrench to grab it, but they're mainly for weight reduction.

He's talking $70/shipped for Ti, which beats the $100-$125 for the OEM part...plus the reduction in weight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer:
How about leaving it at my house instead? :)

Omega direct thread adapters? What are you using to tighten them?

I haven't seen it in person. Machinist sent me the pics earlier this afternoon. I'll head up there Tue morning to test fit with my Omega. He has a threaded tube, but I want to verify with the suppressor before he starts making any.

That one is 1018 steel, and lighter than the OEM piece. He made it out of something cheaper just to work on the design. The Ti should definitely be even lighter than that.

The oblong cutouts will accept a Saker or Omega pin wrench. Pretty neat idea. I'd imagine the other cutouts would allow for the hook end of the wrench to grab it, but they're mainly for weight reduction.

He's talking $70/shipped for Ti, which beats the $100-$125 for the OEM part...plus the reduction in weight.

I'm interested.  These would also work with the hybrid, no?  I haven't done my research even though I just bought one.
Page / 19
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 6 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top