BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 8 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunman9:

Damn lol I have all those and ain't none of them cheap. Glade you doing a APC9! I still want a APC45
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skipper469:
Originally Posted By RichardDo:
Couldn't resist and just purchased an APC9  with the aimpoint! What is everyone putting for manufacturer,  length, and the format for the serial number for their Form 1? Debating between a omega 9k or dead air ghost. Anyone has pics of both to help decide? Thanks in advance.

Where did you find the APC9???? How much?
The Omega 9K is a nice fit for size, and the price is easy to Swallow. The Ghost is a little overpriced for what you get IMHO, but still a nice can.

Tim over at Copper Custom had a few in Stock with the T1 for 2519 shipped. Thought it was a good deal being that it would cost over 500 for that optic. In the market right now isn't the ghost around $100ish over the Omega 9k? Just wanted to ask it that 4.7 vs 6.2 really made a big difference in your opinion.

YES!!!!!! You are the man!!!! I just bought one. Time to get a 3-lug adapter for my Octanes and Omega 9K. In the past week I've bought 2 P26's, Scar 17S, and now an APC9. Time to let the wallet cool off.

Damn lol I have all those and ain't none of them cheap. Glade you doing a APC9! I still want a APC45

Oops sorry. I'm my excitement I forgot to answer your question. It's really not that much of a difference in length and price. I'm not sure how Dead Airs 3-lug will be set up yet, but this could also be a factor in your decision. I really don't think you can go wrong either way, as I here both are really good cans.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Plan on giving mine some range time this weekend.

APC's 016
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

APC's 054
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

APC's 041
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

SBRing both p26's or keeping one as a spare parts gun?
View All Quotes
Couldn't resist and just purchased an APC9  with the aimpoint! What is everyone putting for manufacturer,  length, and the format for the serial number for their Form 1? Debating between a omega 9k or dead air ghost. Anyone has pics of both to help decide? Thanks in advance.

Where did you find the APC9???? How much?
The Omega 9K is a nice fit for size, and the price is easy to Swallow. The Ghost is a little overpriced for what you get IMHO, but still a nice can.

Tim over at Copper Custom had a few in Stock with the T1 for 2519 shipped. Thought it was a good deal being that it would cost over 500 for that optic. In the market right now isn't the ghost around $100ish over the Omega 9k? Just wanted to ask it that 4.7 vs 6.2 really made a big difference in your opinion.

YES!!!!!! You are the man!!!! I just bought one. Time to get a 3-lug adapter for my Octanes and Omega 9K. In the past week I've bought 2 P26's, Scar 17S, and now an APC9. Time to let the wallet cool off.

SBRing both p26's or keeping one as a spare parts gun?

Yeah, I'm going to SBR one and keep the other for spare parts/B&T collection piece.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nws86] [#4]
Originally Posted By Squawk1200:

Other than its limited production and lower price point, any reason to go with a P26 over an APC9?  The limited run is the only thing that really has me intrigued about the P26, otherwise I would choose the APC9 hands down.  Just wondering if there's anything else I missing about the gun?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squawk1200:
Just finished my Approved Form 1 9mm can. Was waiting on the Liberty Suppressor 3 lug mount. Looks good on my B&T! Just need to get a HAD Cover or cerakote it. B&T APC9 SBR and B&T P26 (awaiting approval). Best 9mm sub guns I own! I have a Cz scorpion but it's like the ugly red headed step child to my B&T's lol

<a href="http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/bmpatrick9/media/127089B0-8E4D-4271-8194-9D85CC272472_zps7gxnao5b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/bmpatrick9/127089B0-8E4D-4271-8194-9D85CC272472_zps7gxnao5b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/bmpatrick9/media/6514EEF0-4E28-488E-9A1F-9880B369F3E7_zpsiskaeg1b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/bmpatrick9/6514EEF0-4E28-488E-9A1F-9880B369F3E7_zpsiskaeg1b.jpg</a>

Damn!!! Those are gorgeous. I'm going to pick up my P26 in about a 1/2 hour.i need an APC9 bad!

Congrats man you'll love it! Honestly it makes the Cz scorpion feel like a kids toy at toys-r-us. I highly recommend the APC9. If I could only have 1 9mm sub gun that would be it no questions asked!

Other than its limited production and lower price point, any reason to go with a P26 over an APC9?  The limited run is the only thing that really has me intrigued about the P26, otherwise I would choose the APC9 hands down.  Just wondering if there's anything else I missing about the gun?

The P26 is very slim and compact. More so than the APC9. I can always get an APC9 later. After I pick up an APC45 that is. I was planning to get a Scorpion just for a beater range gun but came across the P26 for $200 more.

That being said if you only plan to get one then definitely get the APC9. It's amazing how nice it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

I get what you're saying about the price. You are Absolutely right about the price of the Scorpion vs P26. What I was implying was that the fact it is Swiss made at a "reasonable" cost. Kind of like the new Sphinx pistols. I didn't make that part clear.

Let's just hope those damn magazines go down in price!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazymoose:
Call me synicall but the "only 400 ever imported! Design sold to a manufacturer who isn't going to sell in the USA!!!!" seems like a great way to sell those 400 units.

Whatever  "mystery manufacturer" that doesn't want to sell the design in the largest civilian market in the world (that would be the USA) needs a lesson on economics. Hopefully this is a non-compete type agreement.  It just seems stupid because IMHO it would be a Scorpion killer

At best, hopefully this pushes down the price of MP9 magazines regardless of branding.

How would it be a Scorpion killer? The Scorpion took off because it was cheap. This gun, while cheap by Swiss standards, can't compete on cost. There would have to be a hell of a performance difference, which I'm skeptical of, since they're both 9mm blowback guns.

I get what you're saying about the price. You are Absolutely right about the price of the Scorpion vs P26. What I was implying was that the fact it is Swiss made at a "reasonable" cost. Kind of like the new Sphinx pistols. I didn't make that part clear.

Let's just hope those damn magazines go down in price!

I'd like to see it happen. More Swiss guns being imported is a good thing. I hope that if the Sphinx takes off, importers might be tempted to try to bring in some rifles, too (with the added 922 hassle).
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
Didn't B&T USA stated that they might make a ported P26 barrel so it becomes a P26-SD some point in the future? MP5SD like.
View Quote

They did on their Instagram account. They also stated that if the VP9 remained a strong seller, they would import some to the US. I want a VP9.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AKSU:

They did on their Instagram account. They also stated that if the VP9 remained a strong seller, they would import some to the US. I want a VP9.
View All Quotes
Didn't B&T USA stated that they might make a ported P26 barrel so it becomes a P26-SD some point in the future? MP5SD like.

The VP9 is pretty damn cool. Any idea on price in Europe?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:53:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#8]
Originally Posted By MichaelHK:

View All Quotes

EURO 2790.00

Comes with two cans. One with aluminum baffles and one with wipes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]

EURO 2790.00

View All Quotes

EURO 2790.00

Holy geez!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Holy geez!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

EURO 2790.00

Holy geez!
That's a lot of fucking money for a novelty.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
KH9, P26, and the VP9 are all novelty items. It's all B&T's interpretation of the Spectre, KG99, and Welrod.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]

KH9, P26, and the VP9 are all novelty items. It's all B&T's interpretation of the Spectre, KG99, and Welrod.
View Quote
I don't think any semi-subgun with a good trigger and LRBHO is a novelty.  It's much easier to shoot fast and accurately than a pistol while being much quieter and shorter suppressed than a Mk18 style AR, and it's slingable.  Perfect for an HD gun.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By VelveteenMole:
I don't think any semi-subgun with a good trigger and LRBHO is a novelty.  It's much easier to shoot fast and accurately than a pistol while being much quieter and shorter suppressed than a Mk18 style AR, and it's slingable.  Perfect for an HD gun.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VelveteenMole:

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I wouldn't call them novelties, more like improved versions of the originals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
B&T no longer has the more detailed info on the p26 on their website.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

It's just that, B&T's novelties are still better than anything else. Calling other companies products as a novelty has a negative connotation to it, but for B&T, it's different.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
We can at least agree that the KH9 is 100% a novelty. How many people were really hoping for a modernized Spectre, of all things? And this is coming from someone who owned and loves the Spectre. That thing is utterly ridiculous. I can't believe they copied the pseudo-DA/SA design. It's so stupid yet somehow awesome.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Carbohydrates:
We can at least agree that the KH9 is 100% a novelty. How many people were really hoping for a modernized Spectre, of all things? And this is coming from someone who owned and loves the Spectre. That thing is utterly ridiculous. I can't believe they copied the pseudo-DA/SA design. It's so stupid yet somehow awesome.
View Quote

The DA/SA trigger is a head scratcher. Most people don't care for that type of trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely late to the party, but had some questions for those that have already jumped in.

Had my eyes of the LWRC SMG45 but it is clear at this point that they will not hit the streets before 41F goes into effect this summer.  My NFA items are registered on a trust and PCC was the last item to pick up.  Once it became clear the SMG 45 was not an option I was researching the Sig MPX and a couple of reviews mention the APC9.  Seems like if you are going to do this once, it may be worth stepping up to the plate and paying the difference for the APC9.  Really seems to be a complete package out of the box, apply and wait for stamp, attach stock and party on.

Two questions:
1)  to some the tri lug is probably a bonus as they have suppressors set up for the MP5 pattern lugs.  I do not.  My pistol caliber suppressors are set up for 13.5x1 and 16x1.  I know the Octane 3 lug adapter will work with the SilCo Octanes and new Omega 9K, but again then you are changing adapters are needed.  Also the 3 lug adapter seems like it adds 2-3" to overall length.   Has anybody considered sending the barrel to ADCO and having them chop the barrel behind the lugs and then thread?  For me, it would let me use either my Octane 45 or Omega 9K with the same thread adapter I use for my pistols.  Also would shorten the whole package up 2-3".

2)  not to beat this to death (yes, i read the whole thread).  There was a statement on the Aftermath Gun Club website that B&T USA lawyers said changing the FCG to US made trigger groups AND using US made magazines deals with any 922r concerns.  Are there are US made mags, followers etc?  Or am I overthinking this.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CoGT3:
Definitely late to the party, but had some questions for those that have already jumped in.

Had my eyes of the LWRC SMG45 but it is clear at this point that they will not hit the streets before 41F goes into effect this summer.  My NFA items are registered on a trust and PCC was the last item to pick up.  Once it became clear the SMG 45 was not an option I was researching the Sig MPX and a couple of reviews mention the APC9.  Seems like if you are going to do this once, it may be worth stepping up to the plate and paying the difference for the APC9.  Really seems to be a complete package out of the box, apply and wait for stamp, attach stock and party on.

Two questions:
1)  to some the tri lug is probably a bonus as they have suppressors set up for the MP5 pattern lugs.  I do not.  My pistol caliber suppressors are set up for 13.5x1 and 16x1.  I know the Octane 3 lug adapter will work with the SilCo Octanes and new Omega 9K, but again then you are changing adapters are needed.  Also the 3 lug adapter seems like it adds 2-3" to overall length.   Has anybody considered sending the barrel to ADCO and having them chop the barrel behind the lugs and then thread?  For me, it would let me use either my Octane 45 or Omega 9K with the same thread adapter I use for my pistols.  Also would shorten the whole package up 2-3".

2)  not to beat this to death (yes, i read the whole thread).  There was a statement on the Aftermath Gun Club website that B&T USA lawyers said changing the FCG to US made trigger groups AND using US made magazines deals with any 922r concerns.  Are there are US made mags, followers etc?  Or am I overthinking this.

View Quote

Your over thinking it. There will be US made mags and what not in the future. I would definitely go with the APC9 if it is the only PCC you will have. Also I do not recommend cutting the barrel down. It would be way easier to just get the Octane 9 3 lug adapter and use that. My Form 1 suppressor has an adapter for liberty mystic X attachments so I can use the 3 lug and the booster. Not a hassle at all changing them since they just screw on and off and don't change anything about the suppressor. 3 lug is way better than direct thread and a lot quicker to remove the suppressor and put it on. The APC9 out the box will need absolutely no modifications. You couldn't ask for a better factory trigger. But it does take AR triggers so you can put it whatever your heart desires. Here is what you need to do:

1: Buy APC9
2: Form 1 APC9
3: Buy Mags
4: Buy Ammo
5: Buy Stock
6: Shoot the hell out of APC9

That's the beauty of the B&T products. They are not like most other PCC on the market. You don't have to spend $400 and up in upgrades to get it serviceable to yourself so to me your going to spend that money regardless on the scorpion or MPX so why not just step up to the far superior APC9 or APC45? If you only wanna spend $1100 get the P26. Far better gun than the scorpion. That's my take on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CoGT3:

Two questions:

View Quote

Griffin 3 lug adaptors don't add as much length as the SiCO ones.
You're using an Omega 9k on pistols??
Sounds like you need a dedicated subgun suppressor
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Well first range trip with the P26 was a headache. Mine arrived at the dealer with multiple issues with the FCG but I was told to go ahead and transfer it and CS would fix/replace/or refund.  I spoke to CS after realizing the causes and sorted out and was told to try it at range and report back. 17 rounds in I had a round jam the projectile back into the case. Then 20 or so round later had a dead hammer fall, noticed hammer pin had come part way out side of lower and opened up the gun and saw the j spring in the hammer had sheared and come out (the cause of the hammer pin coming out). So I'll be back in touch with CS Monday. Was hoping for better and now a purchase of the APC 9 is on hold.

My P26 arrived with the hammer pin falling out side of receiver just by holding the gun on its side, and no trigger reset. You had to put the gun on safe each time for the trigger to reset. Opened it up and saw that the j spring from the hammer had come out and was under the trigger in the lower preventing it from resetting. So one issue solved. And the missing j spring in the hammer was cause of hammer pin falling out because the jspring wasn't putting pressure on the groove in the hammer pin.

Hopefully I can get a new hammer with correct j spring and be back in business. Surprised it even arrived from B&T in the condition it did.

Will update when I get response from CS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Well first range trip with the P26 was a headache. Mine arrived at the dealer with multiple issues with the FCG but I was told to go ahead and transfer it and CS would fix/replace/or refund.  I spoke to CS after realizing the causes and sorted out and was told to try it at range and report back. 17 rounds in I had a round jam the projectile back into the case. Then 20 or so round later had a dead hammer fall, noticed hammer pin had come part way out side of lower and opened up the gun and saw the j spring in the hammer had sheared and come out (the cause of the hammer pin coming out). So I'll be back in touch with CS Monday. Was hoping for better and now a purchase of the APC 9 is on hold.

My P26 arrived with the hammer pin falling out side of receiver just by holding the gun on its side, and no trigger reset. You had to put the gun on safe each time for the trigger to reset. Opened it up and saw that the j spring from the hammer had come out and was under the trigger in the lower preventing it from resetting. So one issue solved. And the missing j spring in the hammer was cause of hammer pin falling out because the jspring wasn't putting pressure on the groove in the hammer pin.

Hopefully I can get a new hammer with correct j spring and be back in business. Surprised it even arrived from B&T in the condition it did.

Will update when I get response from CS.
View Quote

Man that makes you wonder is the dealer or someone was messing with it and broke it. My APC9 and P26 don't have a single issue. So if I'm reading it right what cause all this was one broken trigger spring? I believe they use the AR trigger so the springs should be similar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillysJeep] [#24]
A broken Jspring. They are small spring pressed into the actual hammer and it is what catches the groove in the middle of the hammer pin on the P26 set up and standard AR15 trigger groups. B&T CS has been nice and told me to push it back in and try it which I did.

Edit: since the jspring is pressed into the hammer, I think it was faulty from the factory. Also the hammer on these is cut flat in the back. Wonder if standard AR15 hammer works since it's got the hook in the back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Your over thinking it. There will be US made mags and what not in the future. I would definitely go with the APC9 if it is the only PCC you will have. Also I do not recommend cutting the barrel down. It would be way easier to just get the Octane 9 3 lug adapter and use that. My Form 1 suppressor has an adapter for liberty mystic X attachments so I can use the 3 lug and the booster. Not a hassle at all changing them since they just screw on and off and don't change anything about the suppressor. 3 lug is way better than direct thread and a lot quicker to remove the suppressor and put it on. The APC9 out the box will need absolutely no modifications. You couldn't ask for a better factory trigger. But it does take AR triggers so you can put it whatever your heart desires. Here is what you need to do:

1: Buy APC9
2: Form 1 APC9
3: Buy Mags
4: Buy Ammo
5: Buy Stock
6: Shoot the hell out of APC9

That's the beauty of the B&T products. They are not like most other PCC on the market. You don't have to spend $400 and up in upgrades to get it serviceable to yourself so to me your going to spend that money regardless on the scorpion or MPX so why not just step up to the far superior APC9 or APC45? If you only wanna spend $1100 get the P26. Far better gun than the scorpion. That's my take on it.
View Quote

I appreciate your blunt honesty.  What I really needed to hear.  Sounds like the Omega 9k may have a dedicated job.  The $$$ numbers really aren't that different for the MPX given the relatively affordable factory side folder compared to $250-300 for the Sig (if you can find one).  Mags and pretty close also.  

There is a dealer about an hour away, will be giving them a call tomorrow and see if they have one in stock.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#26]
If I got either the Omega 9k or the Dead Air Ghost can I use the factory 3 lug from B&T or would I have to buy that company's 3 lug mount? Also,  anyone know the best place to buy magazines and the stock for a fair price? Hk parts seems a little steep but guess it's good as a last resort.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#27]
If I got either the Omega 9k or the Dead Air Ghost can I use the factory 3 lug from B&T or would I have to buy that company's 3 lug mount? Also,  anyone know the best place to buy magazines and the stock for a fair price? Hk parts seems a little steep but guess it's good as a last resort.
View Quote

You would need the Sico or DA 3lug mount to thread into the suppressor. Then that would go onto the stock 3lug B&T barrel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#28]

You would need the Sico or DA 3lug mount to thread into the suppressor. Then that would go onto the stock 3lug B&T barrel.
View All Quotes

Thanks that's what I needed to know! Just wanted to be sure the 3 lug barrel was universal and wouldnt have to buy an additional muzzle mount to use the 3 lug system.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:55:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DPS1331] [#29]
Will B&T have spare barrels/parts available on these?  A little concerned with ability to get replacement parts if this is truly only 400 being produced for the US market.  Is there a good spot for engraving trust info?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DPS1331:
Will B&T have spare barrels/parts available on these?  A little concerned with ability to get replacement parts if this is truly only 400 being produced for the US market.  Is there a good spot for engraving trust info?
View Quote

Was told they will have some spare parts but not for sale. Just for warranty use.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone tried standard AR15 trigger parts in the APC9 or P26?

I need a hammer and can't find any posts if it actually would work. It's all 50/50.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#32]
looking to purchase an APC9- the dealer tells me it doesn't ship with an aimpoint (in the US). Can someone tell me what the pistol ships with?

Is there a 30-round magazine that comes in the box?

I'm purchasing from Florida and having it transferred via FFL.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By greatness:
looking to purchase an APC9- the dealer tells me it doesn't ship with an aimpoint (in the US). Can someone tell me what the pistol ships with?

Thanks!
View Quote

Mine came with one 30rd mag, cleaning kit and a sling.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:

View All Quotes

Thanks!

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#35]
do the barrels easily come off the P26?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Thanks!

Right - the Aimpoints are included in Canada and the European markets, unfortunately.  Apparently, Copper Customs has some packages that include the Aimpoint, but I think it's their own package and not a B&T thing.  Aimpoint may be overkill for a PCC; I will probably drop a Vortex Spark on my APC and P26. My TP9s actually wear a Bushnell TRS-25 and Lucid M7, respectively.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Just picked up my P26 from my FFL. Feels so solid!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I just picked up my P26. It is very nice, tightly constructed and smooth as butter. I'm kind of surprised that B&T describes it as a budget pistol.  One minor issue - the "ear" on my sight was snapped off. I contacted B&T USA and was talking with a rep within 30-seconds. A replacement sight is being mailed out to me tomorrow.  He was very apologetic. Of note, once he had me on the phone, he asked me to disassemble the gun and check the J-spring in the trigger housing as he had seen one report of the sprig being out of place, which could allow the hammer pin to walk out.  Additionally, he noted that any mil-spec trigger pack should fit fine, but cautioned that the hammers may or may not need to be milled down. He wasn't sure if a "cassette" type set would work, but thought it might.  

Other updates: the P26 is strictly limited - he confirmed the rights are now owned by another major international company. The KH9 has been awaiting ATF approval for 8-months.  I am not sure if they're already in the country or not. A new PCC is coming; it will be "lower cost" and in line with the P26. I have a pic of it and its very cool, if you like mutts.  He's note sure of when it will be made available.  

Overall, I'm mildly disappointed my new gun had a broken "ear," but was very happy with the way B&T is handling it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Skullsoldier:
A new PCC is coming; it will be "lower cost" and in line with the P26. I have a pic of it and its very cool, if you like mutts.
View Quote

Pics or we don't believe you!

PS: Swiss mutts still better than other mutts!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
A new PCC is coming; it will be "lower cost" and in line with the P26. I have a pic of it and its very cool, if you like mutts.

Pics!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skipper469] [#41]
I just picked up my P26. It is very nice, tightly constructed and smooth as butter. I'm kind of surprised that B&T describes it as a budget pistol.  One minor issue - the "ear" on my sight was snapped off. I contacted B&T USA and was talking with a rep within 30-seconds. A replacement sight is being mailed out to me tomorrow.  He was very apologetic. Of note, once he had me on the phone, he asked me to disassemble the gun and check the J-spring in the trigger housing as he had seen one report of the sprig being out of place, which could allow the hammer pin to walk out.  Additionally, he noted that any mil-spec trigger pack should fit fine, but cautioned that the hammers may or may not need to be milled down. He wasn't sure if a "cassette" type set would work, but thought it might.  

Other updates: the P26 is strictly limited - he confirmed the rights are now owned by another major international company. The KH9 has been awaiting ATF approval for 8-months.  I am not sure if they're already in the country or not. A new PCC is coming; it will be "lower cost" and in line with the P26. I have a pic of it and its very cool, if you like mutts.  He's note sure of when it will be made available.  

Overall, I'm mildly disappointed my new gun had a broken "ear," but was very happy with the way B&T is handling it.
View Quote

I agree with your sentiments. The P26's I bought are well worth the money I spent on them. I have one in hand, and the other one is at the gun shop waiting on me until Thursday, as you can only buy a pistol every 5 days. My APC9 should be here shortly, and I'm dying to get my hands on it now after handling the P26. I don't want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag, but you are 100% correct about the new PCC coming out. I was given the model name a description of its parts, but I have no pictures. Sounds like I'll need one for my collection though!
" />
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Yep mine is the one that has the trigger problems that Tim is working with me on. Disappointing that it came the way it did but CS so far has been great.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skipper469] [#43]

View Quote

Ok. Just got a chance to go take another look at my P26. What the hell? Mine has a broken ear too. I'm going to try and make it to my local shop today to check out my other P26 and see if it has a broken ear too?
How did Tim say they would handle the fix?
</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Is this new PCC your talking about the KH9? Or something new? Can someone explain?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#45]
So Tim said that the "ear" is essentially a known issue as B&T utilized the sights from the TP9/MP9 for the P26 because the ATF already approved of them. Apparently, B&T felt that cannibalizing the TP9 sights was the best way to assure approval. He also told be that they are designed to break-away to avoid damage to the upper receiver.  I've had my TP9s for years and never experienced a part failure, but it's clearly a fungible part and should be an easy fix. Tim also mentioned that they're going to get more replacement sights in in case others are damaged.  

Tim is sending me a replacement sight, no charge, It's 100% warrantied.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
So Tim said that the "ear" is essentially a known issue as B&T utilized the sights from the TP9/MP9 for the P26 because the ATF already approved of them. Apparently, B&T felt that cannibalizing the TP9 sights was the best way to assure approval. He also told be that they are designed to break-away to avoid damage to the upper receiver.  I've had my TP9s for years and never experienced a part failure, but it's clearly a fungible part and should be an easy fix. Tim also mentioned that they're going to get more replacement sights in in case others are damaged.  

Tim is sending me a replacement sight, no charge, It's 100% warrantied.
View Quote

That's a good thing because those sights will be available at anytime and are not proprietary to the P26...... So back to the secret new PCC y'all keep talking about. Got a pic or model name or anything? Lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Skipper469
What's the model of the new B&T PCC? I'm curious.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I pick mine up Saturday, hoping no issues.

Does the barrel come off? I think i would prefer to have that engraved when i Form 1 it.

So why are you holding back on pics of this "Mutt??"
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skullsoldier] [#49]
I'll ask Tim if I can give some more info on the new PCC. I can tell you that it has some familiar features and is kind of a hybridized version of a couple of their offerings.  If Tim gives me the ok, I'll try and get it posted.

Edit to add - I've searched the web based on the model name and can't find any info whatsoever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll ask Tim if I can give some more info on the new PCC. I can tell you that it has some familiar features and is kind of a hybridized version of a couple of their offerings.  If Tim gives me the ok, I'll try and get it posted.

Edit to add - I've searched the web based on the model name and can't find any info whatsoever.
View Quote

If he gave you the picture and info it can't be that top secret lol
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 8 of 73)
Top Top