Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ziegenbock:

What is everybody buying today?  Has to be some good deals.
View Quote
As noted above, the BlackVue 650 2 camera setup with Power Magic Pro is on sale for $290 on Massdrop. That's a pretty good deal for a high end setup.

You might have to join (it's free) to be able to see this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What do yall think of the transcend drivepro 200?

Reviews seem to be pretty good and Transcend seems to have a good reputation.   Price seems good as well at around 100 bucks.

I've never owned a vehicle camera, tho.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
After living the dashcam lifestyle for so long - I rented a car when I was in the Bay Area a few weeks ago, and felt absolutely naked without a dashcam. I kept waiting to get clobbered on 880/101
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Do you find that knowing the dashcam is there has changed how you drive?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
Do you find that knowing the dashcam is there has changed how you drive?
View Quote

Yes. I drive more carefully, but I'm a lot angrier when I get there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I caught my first wreck on my Dashcam a few days ago.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By BCV:

I caught my first wreck on my Dashcam a few days ago.
View Quote
Can't tell us that without posting it.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
OK guys...I've got the dashcam itch.  Over just the past 2-3 years, the drivers around here have gotten horrible!  Downright idiotic fucking morons who act like a 13 year-old who's been handed the keys for the first time and told to go have fun...

Anyways, I'm trying to stay around $75 or so, and of course, get the best bang for my buck.  Reliability and video quality are my most important factors.  I don't care much on the design, looks, or features...as long as it's not the size of a VHS camcorder mounted on my windshield...

I found this the other night just looking around on Amazon.  Ambarella A7 Mini 0805
The temperature range is a little odd to me.  32° to 104°.  Both will be exceeded by 20-30° here in VA...

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]
In NC those temps will be exceeded in both directions.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATC] [#13]
Oh well...I tried

There's just too many brands out there, almost all Chinese and never heard of before, and almost all with shitty reliability reviews.  

Maybe I'll wait until Sony and the other big names start getting into the game...
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:58:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#14]
Wow, never knew this thread existed. Dash cams in these parts are generally much lower res than you guys are discussing, and more basic. I'm using an "autovox" B40 C, which is essential an A118 from what I can tell... Bought it mainly due to the capacitor which makes it easily shipped.

Hadn't realized these were really being used in the States.

Those more expensive dual camera black boxes are really calling out to me now... Once again arf is costing me money.

EDIT: But wow, those reviews on A,Avon of the Blackvue 750 series setups are scaring me away. Maybe I'll stick with what I have that works.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:

Where are you seeing those reviews?  My 650-series works fine... Even the cloud feature seems to work.

Got a link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Wow, never knew this thread existed. Dash cams in these parts are generally much lower res than you guys are discussing, and more basic. I'm using an "autovox" B40 C, which is essential an A118 from what I can tell... Bought it mainly due to the capacitor which makes it easily shipped.

Those more expensive dual camera black boxes are really calling out to me now... Once again arf is costing me money.

EDIT: But wow, those reviews on A,Avon of the Blackvue 750 series setups are scaring me away. Maybe I'll stick with what I have that works.

Where are you seeing those reviews?  My 650-series works fine... Even the cloud feature seems to work.

Got a link?

Amazon... Auto-correct must have derped out over a typo.

It's the 750 and readily available screen that is appealing to me.

First review here about sound and horrible low light recording scared me:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackvue-DR750LW-2CH-Wi-Fi-Touchscreen-Recorder/dp/B00L9MU17A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-1&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-1&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch

Then more complaints about video, system just not working:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackvue-DR750LW-2CH-Wi-Fi-Touchscreen-Recorder/dp/B00MV4QFQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-2&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch

There were other about it just stopping working as well.

At that price, I was hoping to enter the "legit company with legit customer service" category... but not sure the industry's there yet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: duhflushtech] [#17]

http://www.amazon.com/Blackvue-DR750LW-2CH-Wi-Fi-Touchscreen-Recorder/dp/B00L9MU17A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-1&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-1&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch

http://www.amazon.com/Blackvue-DR750LW-2CH-Wi-Fi-Touchscreen-Recorder/dp/B00MV4QFQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449341455&sr=8-2&keywords=blackvue+dr750lw-2ch

At that price, I was hoping to enter the "legit company with legit customer service" category... but not sure the industry's there yet.
View All Quotes

Got a link?

I don't think i've seen a commercial dashcam yet that has good low light performance.  My G1W is OK in most situations, but it's certainly not ideal.  But even if you jump several tiers in price, the quality doesn't seem to rise with the cost, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#19]
So I've been looking at getting a dashcam for a while and I am a bit gun shy of hardwiring one into my car.  The Garmin models look nice and have a lot of good features, but they don't record any sound.  Does it really matter if it doesn't have sound?  All it will record is me screaming curses if something did happen.  

Garmin 35

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbles] [#20]
Originally Posted By Stangfan94:
So I've been looking at getting a dashcam for a while and I am a bit gun shy of hardwiring one into my car.  The Garmin models look nice and have a lot of good features, but they don't record any sound.  Does it really matter if it doesn't have sound?  All it will record is me screaming curses if something did happen.  

Garmin 35
View Quote

I got a dash cam and after hearing myself cursing at other drivers and singing along with the radio (I can't carry a tune in a bucket), I decided that it would be wise to turn the sound recorder off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

I got a dash cam and after hearing myself cursing at other drivers and singing along with the radio (I can't carry a tune in a bucket), I decided that it would be wise to turn the sound recorder off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stangfan94:

Garmin 35

A guy I work with and who is still fighting the legal system here related to a traffic accident a year ago, was asking me about my dash cam.  I pulled out the microSD card, stuck it in my computer, looked for a good "day" and "night" clip, to represent what mine offered.  I originally intended to find good examples of varying traffic and light conditions, but then realized I also had to find examples where I wasn't singing.

Oh, the stuff my wife puts up with on long trips... The woman's a saint.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I initially disabled audio on mine but then I decided if I was ever in a wreck I wanted to be able to dictate my last testament right there.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RyJones:

I initially disabled audio on mine but then I decided if I was ever in a wreck I wanted to be able to dictate my last testament right there.
View All Quotes

I have it on mostly so I can dictate important info like license plate numbers that the camera may not have caught.

I swear a lot in daily driving, but I've found in two crashes that I haven't sworn in the actual event.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is worthy of a bump.

I'm still running my G1W, which I've had since September 2014. I've not touched the thing except to move it between vehicles when I bought my wife her new car last year, and to occasionally pop out the car to grab a video I wanted. It's still going strong, and requires zero thought from us.

My mom is wanting a dashcam now, and I'm recommending a BlackVue DR650gw. It has been mentioned quite a bit in this thread, but the high points: $400, front and rear cameras, GPS, wifi, and can be accessed from a smartphone without removing it from the mount. It also comes with the PowerMagic Pro, which is a very nice bonus.

The BlackVue is more camera than I would buy for myself, but my mom just bought a new Land Rover Evoque - her second one, as she loved the first one but isn't dumb enough to own a Land Rover out of warranty . I figure I'll be able to install it neatly while I'm at their place for Christmas, set up the app and everything, and she won't have to touch it until she sells the car.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I just purchased a G1W-CB for $40.99.  It seems to work well but I wish the mount was more compact.  I also miss the GPS location and speed being displayed like I had in a previous DVR but it does the basic feature of recording well.  I'll buy a better unit later.

Now for an idea to whoever designs in car DVRs.  Build one with unit with 2 forward looking cameras, one wide view and one with an optical zoom.  The wide is needed to capture situation data that happens off to the side.  However, most the important detail is going to happen straight in front of the vehicle.  From the camera to the front of the car can be 10 to 15 feet, if you are following someone that does a hit and run on another car they are 30 to 100 feet ahead of that.  So make the second camera zoomed in to where the back of a car 25 feet in front of you fills the whole screen.  Now you have a better shot a capturing a license plate or recording critical detail of events straight ahead.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys who have dash cams used the recording as evidence after a MVA?  I'm seriously thinking about getting a setup for my car and my wife's car since drivers here are starting to go full retard and I've nearly been hit 5 times in the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:13:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:

Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys who have dash cams used the recording as evidence after a MVA?  I'm seriously thinking about getting a setup for my car and my wife's car since drivers here are starting to go full retard and I've nearly been hit 5 times in the last few weeks.
View Quote
Well, my A118-C in my truck recorded a car going full retard and trying to leave the off ramp and launch back onto the freeway, across the snow covered edge of the road. Yeah, he got stuck. But no MVA.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:37:49 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Yes, if you look back in December(?) of this thread, I was two cars back of my coworker when he was hit by a person who failed to yield at a turn.  He was 100% in the right but the jerks tried to claim differently,  Without my video there my friend would have had a hard time getting a fair outcome.

Before that, in October I was hit by a driver who ran away after.  But neither cops nor insurance company cared about that video
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Yes, if you look back in December(?) of this thread, I was two cars back of my coworker when he was hit by a person who failed to yield at a turn.  He was 100% in the right but the jerks tried to claim differently,  Without my video there my friend would have had a hard time getting a fair outcome.

Before that, in October I was hit by a driver who ran away after.  But neither cops nor insurance company cared about that video
View All Quotes

In Washington, the cops can do nothing with your testimony or video. In Idaho, they can. I have a boring and frustrating story about this but I'll save you both.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#32]
What is the scoop on a dashcam in the $100-200 range?  In that price range, is there any real difference between the ones mention $100 and under?  I ask these questions because I am not a wealthy man, but I see these as investment.

I'd like to have

-audio recording that I can turn on/off

-GPS for speed

-shock sensing

-the ability to stand up to summers in the SW (TX, NM, AZ, UT)

-discreet, I live on the border of a shitty area of Dallas

-so easy a caveman can use it

-the ability to take stills would be nice

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
What is the scoop on a dashcam in the $100-200 range?  In that price range, is there any real difference between the ones mention $100 and under?  I ask these questions because I am not a wealthy man, but I see these as investment.

I'd like to have

-audio recording that I can turn on/off
-GPS for speed
-shock sensing
-the ability to stand up to summers in the SW (TX, NM, AZ, UT)
-discreet, I live on the border of a shitty area of Dallas
-so easy a caveman can use it
-the ability to take stills would be nice
View Quote

I just bought this one for a road trip I am taking for Christmas.  It has pretty favorable reviews and is not overly expensive.  It should be ok for summers and thieves because it is easily removed from its small mount.  

I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable members will step in and tell me how badly I messed up, but it should work for me  
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sartorius] [#34]
I've had a G1W-C for a while and I also have a A118-C wedge dash-cam hard-wired into my old truck. I want to get a higher quality, dual cam setup. I keep looking at the Blackvue 650, but the rear camera is only 720p. For those who have a 650, does the 720p resolution still see license plates and similar detail?

I've also looked at the BlackVue 750s, with dual 1080p cameras. However, the front camera has a big LCD screen on it. I don't want this. I want the less obtrusive 1080p camera in the 650 and I want to run one as a front cam and one as a rear cam. Does BlackVue (or anyone else) have such an offering? Also, what's the biggest size Micro SD card supported by the newer BlackVue's? The 128 GB cards are getting pretty reasonably priced, but I haven't found any cameras that support them. I'm running 32 GB cards in my two cheapo cameras.

Here's a quick video of the Spy-Tec A118-C. It was a snowy day and my wipers weren't reaching the camera. Hence the water. But you can still see the guy stupidly try to cross the snow and re-enter the freeway. Unsuccessfully. It's a bit distant, but you get what you get with dash cams. Starts about 18 seconds in.

ETA: If you go to the Youtube page itself and click full screen and 1080p, you can see it better.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#35]

In Washington, the cops can do nothing with your testimony or video. In Idaho, they can. I have a boring and frustrating story about this but I'll save you both.
View All Quotes

So it's basically a crapshoot.  Sounds like I'll have to call my insurance companies and find out more info.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I haven't read through all the posts but I keep seeing the G1W's mentioned a lot.  They are really cheap and usually that means sacrificing quality in one of more areas.  But maybe they would fill my needs just fine.  

I'll list what I'm looking for and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on specific models to look at.  

1.  Excellent clarity whether parked or driving. (if a cop or insurance company can't use the footage the camera didn't do it's job).
2.  Decent clarity at night (enough to catch a license plate at 10-15' or a face)
3.  The ability to record a 1-2 days worth of driving and possibly parking
4.  Easy install.  On the car I'll be putting it in, I'd probably use the mirror's power to power the camera but I'm not sure if the technology has made these rechargeable and such
5.  Durable.  Won't do me much good if the summer heat will fry it or a few pot holes will make it fall off and break.

I'm hoping to use it in case of vandalism as well as an accident/crash.  

Thanks in advance! ...sorry for the temp-hi-jack!!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
I haven't read through all the posts but I keep seeing the G1W's mentioned a lot.  They are really cheap and usually that means sacrificing quality in one of more areas.  But maybe they would fill my needs just fine.  

I'll list what I'm looking for and I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on specific models to look at.  

1.  Excellent clarity whether parked or driving. (if a cop or insurance company can't use the footage the camera didn't do it's job).
2.  Decent clarity at night (enough to catch a license plate at 10-15' or a face)
3.  The ability to record a 1-2 days worth of driving and possibly parking
4.  Easy install.  On the car I'll be putting it in, I'd probably use the mirror's power to power the camera but I'm not sure if the technology has made these rechargeable and such
5.  Durable.  Won't do me much good if the summer heat will fry it or a few pot holes will make it fall off and break.

I'm hoping to use it in case of vandalism as well as an accident/crash.  

Thanks in advance! ...sorry for the temp-hi-jack!!

-Emt1581
View Quote

G1W will be fine for the above stuff.  Most cams in the sub-$100 pricepoint all just use the same lenses and chipsets in different cases, so unless you are willing to spend several times what a G1W costs, you won't see much, if any, improvement in image quality and the like.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:

G1W will be fine for the above stuff.  Most cams in the sub-$100 pricepoint all just use the same lenses and chipsets in different cases, so unless you are willing to spend several times what a G1W costs, you won't see much, if any, improvement in image quality and the like.
View Quote

Did a little digging and it seems like the Blackvues will fit my needs.  Just have to piggy back the power off of one of the fuses and run the wiring to the back windshield, the pillar, and right behind the rear view mirror.  

I figure it'll cost around $400-ish but should be worth it if the car ever gets vandalized or someone crashed into me.  

Only thing I have to figure out is what side card I need memory-wise...is 64....32...16 big enough for daily use, parked overnight, etc.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:18:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Did a little digging and it seems like the Blackvues will fit my needs.  Just have to piggy back the power off of one of the fuses and run the wiring to the back windshield, the pillar, and right behind the rear view mirror.  
I figure it'll cost around $400-ish but should be worth it if the car ever gets vandalized or someone crashed into me.  
Only thing I have to figure out is what side card I need memory-wise...is 64....32...16 big enough for daily use, parked overnight, etc.
Thanks
-Emt1581
View All Quotes

Thanks
-Emt1581

On average, if you record continuously in 1080p at 30 fps, a 32 GB card will hold about 5 1/2 hours before it starts looping over itself and recording the oldest stuff. Here's a calculator (although it's more intended for NAS storage calculations)

Here's what GoPro has to say, although there are different image quality settings, which also affect recording time.

If your camera will take a 64GB card, get a 64.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I use 64GB cards.

And the "parking mode" of the Blackvue will save some storage space.   It only records on motion in parking mode, not continuously.  Parking mode kicks in after 10 minutes of being parked.
View Quote

I'm still not convinced of the usefulness of parking mode.  If someone bumps your car, by the time the camera spins up what is it actually going to catch?  And that's assuming the offending vehicle was ever in frame in the first place.  And if someone breaks in, again, how likely is it that the camera will record anything useful?  If the thief approaches from the rear or side it won't pick anything up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm still not convinced of the usefulness of parking mode.  If someone bumps your car, by the time the camera spins up what is it actually going to catch?  And that's assuming the offending vehicle was ever in frame in the first place.  And if someone breaks in, again, how likely is it that the camera will record anything useful?  If the thief approaches from the rear or side it won't pick anything up.
View All Quotes
I use 64GB cards.

And the "parking mode" of the Blackvue will save some storage space.   It only records on motion in parking mode, not continuously.  Parking mode kicks in after 10 minutes of being parked.

If the car gets bumped and the camera picks up the movement I'd think the insurance could use it.  And if you have a cam in the rear it'd hopefully catch something.   But yeah some cams seem to take too long to kick in and record.   Do any do it rapidly?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#43]
If the car gets bumped and the camera picks up the movement I'd think the insurance could use it.  And if you have a cam in the rear it'd hopefully catch something.   But yeah some cams seem to take too long to kick in and record.   Do any do it rapidly?
View Quote

I thought this was a super cool feature and had it enabled. All I ever picked up was people driving by with loud pipes in the parking garage. Disabled it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I really haven't been watching this thread as closely as I should have since I tagged it.

However, I am ready to start looking into a dash camera.

The Hitting a Buck With My Car thread in GD got me thinking again.

I liked the video that his camera showed during the day and I looked up the model. It seems like a good choice for the money but I would like a few more features that won't break my wallet.

I'd like a rear facing option, rechargeable (so I'll have the option not to run hard wire power), GPS? Motion sensor? Night vision capability?

My budget is not unlimited and it depends on what you guys suggest.

I guess that's it.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA and Merry Christmas!

-Joe

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#46]

I know of no rechargeable models.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
I really haven't been watching this thread as closely as I should have since I tagged it.

However, I am ready to start looking into a dash camera.

The Hitting a Buck With My Car thread in GD got me thinking again.

I liked the video that his camera showed during the day and I looked up the model. It seems like a good choice for the money but I would like a few more features that won't break my wallet.

I'd like a rear facing option, rechargeable (so I'll have the option not to run hard wire power), GPS? Motion sensor? Night vision capability?

My budget is not unlimited and it depends on what you guys suggest.

I guess that's it.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA and Merry Christmas!

-Joe

I know of no rechargeable models.

TY, TGM.

With that out of the way, what do you suggest after reading what I'm interested in?

TYA.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:01:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGrayMan] [#47]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#48]
I like the Blackvue 2-ch model (the 650) enough that I bought a second one for the wife's vehicle.  

The cloud feature is actually very cool... I can log into my dash cam remotely and see what's going on around my vehicle as its parked... And it texts me alerts if it detects an impact.  It's like its own alarm system.

You'll need wifi to hook it to, but my vehicle has wifi.  Alternatively, you could pair it up to your wifi at work/home where it's parked most frequently.

I really like it.  It's the only two-channel model I've personally tested, but it works, and works well.

The night vision isn't the greatest, but I've yet to see any dash cam that was much better than than any other in that regard.
View Quote

I don't have wifi in my truck so that's really not an issue.

What is the price range?

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:18:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGrayMan] [#49]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#50]

I got my last one from a Massdrop deal... So it was just over $300

I just took a screenshot of the mobile client on my phone, showing the front view out of the camera, (my vehicle parked at the hospital), and a Google-maps location from the GPS, but I don't have a way to edit it for OPSEC.  Will try to work on it and post it later.

It is seriously cool.

ETA:  it might not be posted till tonight... The ER is busy today.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
I like the Blackvue 2-ch model (the 650) enough that I bought a second one for the wife's vehicle.  

The cloud feature is actually very cool... I can log into my dash cam remotely and see what's going on around my vehicle as its parked... And it texts me alerts if it detects an impact.  It's like its own alarm system.

You'll need wifi to hook it to, but my vehicle has wifi.  Alternatively, you could pair it up to your wifi at work/home where it's parked most frequently.

I really like it.  It's the only two-channel model I've personally tested, but it works, and works well.

The night vision isn't the greatest, but I've yet to see any dash cam that was much better than than any other in that regard.

I don't have wifi in my truck so that's really not an issue.

What is the price range?

I got my last one from a Massdrop deal... So it was just over $300

I just took a screenshot of the mobile client on my phone, showing the front view out of the camera, (my vehicle parked at the hospital), and a Google-maps location from the GPS, but I don't have a way to edit it for OPSEC.  Will try to work on it and post it later.

It is seriously cool.

ETA:  it might not be posted till tonight... The ER is busy today.

NP, Bro.

Between your work on this thread and the personal responses to me I can wait however long.

I really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top