Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Guy (and everyone else)...

Sorry, I was out of town.  Had to go to Vegas for business.  Patches look fantastic!!!  I'm in for a minimum of 4, but looking more like 5-6.  Soon as I know where to send funds, I'm in.

Great job!

Page 5 ownage!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
i will deff take one
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.  In!
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Just waiting on an e-mail back from the mods.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates from the Mods?
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Negative. No reply yet. I'm in the midst of packing for a trip, so I can't send another e-mail right now. When I get to Indianapolis I will try and shoot and e-mail off tomorrow night or Thursday. If anyone else wants to bug them, that might help too. :)

Once again, I apologize for this taking so long. I think once we get the buy approved by the mods things will go much faster. Hurry up and wait I guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
How can I get one of these?  Wife is due in Dec...
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Guy:

IM me which member of staff you are communicating with
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guy:

IM me which member of staff you are communicating with

IM Sent.
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for a couple..... got my second coming in Dec
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump for baby.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Baby born yesterday. Posting from hospital now. C'mon mods!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#13]
we have been waiting for nearly a year for the "mods" to approve and IA HTF shirt
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 2:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Honest question,

What is there to approve that takes this long. I am not bashing anyone, never been through the process myself but what takes so long to approve?
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Honest question,

What is there to approve that takes this long. I am not bashing anyone, never been through the process myself but what takes so long to approve?

I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I would almost rather pay the full price for the patch if you sold them through the EE as a non group buy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would almost rather pay the full price for the patch if you sold them through the EE as a non group buy.

I understand this as well, as I was the one who started the thread in the first place.  

That being said...

Guy did a stand up job finding a shop willing to produce them.  They apparently don't want to make it a standard item they carry, so they want to do a one-time production of the patch.  In order to do that, they need to know up front how many, which ideally lends itself to a "group buy".  The buy doesn't so much reduce the cost in this case, just ensures the producer that there's buyers out there for their products.  

And while I'm impatient as anyone, if you do searches of previous group buys gone bad I suppose the site staff is going to be somewhat carefull before fully authorizing it.  

You can probably find another shop, but it looks like Guy's place has done a great job reproducing the original.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be nice if site staff just bought a bunch and put them up for sale with the other ar15.com gear offered.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand this as well, as I was the one who started the thread in the first place.  

That being said...

Guy did a stand up job finding a shop willing to produce them.  They apparently don't want to make it a standard item they carry, so they want to do a one-time production of the patch.  In order to do that, they need to know up front how many, which ideally lends itself to a "group buy".  The buy doesn't so much reduce the cost in this case, just ensures the producer that there's buyers out there for their products.  

And while I'm impatient as anyone, if you do searches of previous group buys gone bad I suppose the site staff is going to be somewhat carefull before fully authorizing it.  

You can probably find another shop, but it looks like Guy's place has done a great job reproducing the original.

I see now and that makes perfect sense. I wouldn't want to upset the powers that be. I suppose some patience is in order then.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Believe me...I have my very own version of a "biological clock" as my latest is due in October, and one of my best friend's has a brand new 3 week old baby boy who I've provided a tactical diaper bag of his very own.  I'm going to remain optomistic and hope for the best.  

And for the record...I don't believe that its necessarily bad to question the powers that be..I just wanted to provide some information that is perhaps helpful in deciding if one wants to participate.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Yea, the wife's due in early Oct as well.  I'd get at least 3 if not 4.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said...

I understand all that. I would still be willing to order and pay for them through the EE, with the understanding that they will not be produced until he has a quantity he is happy with. Probably violates some EE rule though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. Was busy in Indianapolis most of the week and just got back late Sunday.

I haven't even gotten a reply back to my last e-mail, so I will send them another e-mail tomorrow when I get a second.

Believe me guys, I'm as impatient as you all. After all, I could just say "Haha, I got mine, screw you guys", but that's not why I've gone through the trouble of doing all this. I saw something cool I really liked and saw that a LOT of other people wanted it too, so I figured I'd try and find a place that could help us out. It's been something like 3 weeks now since I got the samples and almost 2 months since I tried to get things squared with the mods. I completely understand the reasons why there need to be stringent regs when it comes to people selling things here, but I am somewhat exasperated by this. I feel like if I was a big name vendor like LaRue, TNVC, or another of the companies that do a lot of business here, and I was trying to get a group buy going for Aimpoints or receivers, this would be over and done with by now. But I'm not a business, I'm just a dude (and a junior-junior-junior member here) trying to help out some other people. It also stresses me that I worked all of this out with Spur on the premise that I would be getting a group together to order, so I feel like I'm going back on my word to them. Not that I promised anything or they expect anything, but I still feel unhappy about it.

So, I guess where I'm at now is that I'm going to e-mail the mods one more time. If we don't get something worked out soon, say a week, I'll try and see if I can scrounge together enough capital so I can buy 20 or so of each patch... so that'd be like $320. Not that I'm unable to do that or won't to get this thing rolling, it's just a little uncomfortable ordering 80 patches and hoping they all get passed out... not that I doubt they would.

Thanks to everybody for being patient about this. I promise you guys I will get this done if it's the last thing I do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Guy:

Check your IM's
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, in trying to keep this thing on track, I have emailed the powers that be trying to make the group buy that Guy is trying to put together actually happen.

Details as they develop....
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#26]
thx
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#27]
BTT for any update
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the effort guys (and Guy).  We all appreciate this.  This will be cool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey everyone. I have yet to hear back from the mods about the group buy. Tomorrow I will be e-mailing Spur to order 10 of each type of patch (OD, B&W, Tan, Multicam). When I get them in the mail, I'll post here to let everyone know and I will put up a for sale ad in the EE. This way, we can get this thing going instead of sitting around twittling our thumbs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#30]
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Update for everyone. I paid for the patches today. They should ship them Monday at the earliest. I go on vacation with my son on the 28th, so I'm hoping they will get here before then so I can prep everything for the EE. And believe me, I'll be rocking my patch while I drag my 2.5 year old around Pensacola. I can't wait to get these in so you guys can sport them too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Great news!
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Update for everyone. I paid for the patches today. They should ship them Monday at the earliest. I go on vacation with my son on the 28th, so I'm hoping they will get here before then so I can prep everything for the EE. And believe me, I'll be rocking my patch while I drag my 2.5 year old around Pensacola. I can't wait to get these in so you guys can sport them too.

Awesome news! What are ya'll going to be doing in Pcola? I live out here, maybe a beer and bottle are in order.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice Job Guy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#35]
What's the cost?
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Have to check with Guy.  He was quoted a price of $4 per patch, but that was with  the understanding of a group buy.  Not sure what pricing is now
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Holy hell, that NSN is actually for "DIAPER,INFANT'S"  I figured someone had just made it up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]
This has my attention also.. Please let us know when/where we can place order as either a group or individual buy!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I may be wrong, but I'm under the assumption that the "group buy" is dead.  Both Guy and I sent emails to staff, but never heard back (at least in my case)

Guy worked out a deal with the company to make a limited run, then bought them out of pocket.  I have a feeling that after his initial purchase, the company may extend the run due to demand.

I'll let Guy give the information when he is ready.

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
No, it's still $4 a patch from what I understand. That's what I will be distributing them at, regardless of what the actual cost is, so don't worry about it. I need to go to the USPS and figure out shipping. They're small enough and light enough that a standard envelope and a stamp would work for 3-4 of them, but I've never really seen someone do that with goods someone has bought, so I will figure out the cost to first class it to everyone who wants one.

Like I said, I'm doing this to fix the problem of everyone wanting this patch, not to make money or anything else. If anyone happens to be in the greater DC area, or if I get them before I leave for Pensacola, I will be more than happy to meet you and hand the patch or patches off to you. So don't worry about money: I said the patches were $4 a piece, so that's what they will be. I don't care how much the distributor charges me, it's $4 for you guys.

I'll try and leave an update Thursday or Friday before I leave for Florida if I haven't gotten the patches yet. If I get them during the week, I'll post it up ASAP and get a post up in the EE for you guys.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Guy:

Check your IM...
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#42]
cool keep use posted on when they hit the ee....
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Good timing.  My little boy was born about 8 hours ago.  He's chilling in the NICU, but should be back to regular nursery soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#44]
tag, I need one of these.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Good timing.  My little boy was born about 8 hours ago.  He's chilling in the NICU, but should be back to regular nursery soon.

Congrats!  My first born is just over two weeks old now.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to head to Florida in about 8 hours, but I wanted to drop an update for you guys. I still haven't gotten the patches in the mail yet. I'm betting they'll arrive sometime next week while I'm gone. I get back the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, so I'll check my mail and see if it's there. Hopefully it will be there, hanging out with the mil-spec monkey patches I ordered.

For everyone that's PMed me and/or e-mailed me, don't worry, I still have your e-mails and PMs. I'm trying to avoid doing anything sales-wise until I have the post up on the EE. Since we couldn't get the group buy working, I don't want this thread to get zapped because it gets turned into a "For sale" thread.

So, has anyone seen any other kid-approved patches? And what is everyone planning on sticking their patch/es to?

I've had mine on my bag for almost a month now and it is holding up great. It hasn't frayed or anything yet. I'll try and get it dirty down on the beaches (maybe throw it at a tarball? ) and take some pictures for you guys.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in the DC area regularly for work, so tickle me on a PM when you're back, and I'll be in for one or more. TM
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm in the DC area regularly for work, so tickle me on a PM when you're back, and I'll be in for one or more. TM

That how we get into messes and make babies in the first place!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#49]
tag for updates.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#50]
BTT
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top