Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is outstanding.  My first is coming in December and I have been looking for a suitable diaper bag as well.

What are you guys suggesting to use for a diaper bag?

I'm going to be using a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. It's a good man style diaper bag

Oh and congratulations!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]

LA Police Gear Bugout Bag - it's cheap and works awesome as a daddy bag.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
County Comm XL BailOut Bag...for extra large...bailouts

County Comm Bail Out Bag XL
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is outstanding.  My first is coming in December and I have been looking for a suitable diaper bag as well.

+1 on ideas for good diaper bag and bump for group buy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to be using a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. It's a good man style diaper bag

Oh and congratulations!!

That's what I'm using.  Amazing what all I can fit in there.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
<a href="http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html" target="_blank">http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2112_24437549</a>

Got the black one for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html" target="_blank">http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2112_24437549</a>

Got the black one for me.

Looks like it should work nice. Bump for info on group buy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm waiting for them to reply to my e-mail from over the weekend. I'm giving them slack since it's been a long weekend because of the 4th. I'm trying to see if I can get a set of each color so I can put up photos before everyone buys, that way you will know what you will be buying.

On the forum side of things, I think once I get things finalized with Spur Nametapes, someone else will need to take over for the money collection and payments. It was pointed out to me that as a 'junior' member it might put turn people off since I'm not too well-known. I think once we square that away, we can have an 'official' AR15.com groupbuy for these patches.

Believe me, I'm impatient as hell for these patches. I want one to stick on my bag before I go on vacation in late August, so the sooner the better. But don't worry, I'm working on this for everyone. If it doesn't work with them, I'll find someone else who will. :)
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to know, I will keep checking back.  I think this got linked to from the MO HTF, as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Not yet. I'm anticipating an e-mail on Monday from them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Checking in for updates.  Oh, and after the fireworks in my HTF, lets make absolutely sure we are in COC compliance.

Really need some of these as my buddy's baby was born yesterday and mine is due in October!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#13]
No e-mail reply today. I will be trying to call them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got off the phone with Teresa at Spur. She's going to see if she can run off a patch of each kind for me so that I can take some pictures to show everyone. I'm slightly hesitant about the Multicam patches. Teresa told me they are having trouble getting the twill Multicam fabric for patches since the Army is buying it all up for our guys going to the 'Stan. They do have a ripstop fabric they can use. I told her that should be fine and to go ahead and try and get one done for me. I don't think it will look too bad. She will hopefully be getting back to me in the morning.

I guess the next step is to get someone here to step and run the money portion. Once we figure that out, I'll send the contact info to them and we can set up the group buy here on the forums and get everything squared away.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]

TWO for me. PM inbound with info.

THANKS!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Guy:

I unfortunately cannot run the money end.  A suggestion is (if the supplier agrees) to have a "code word" or coupon that ARFCOMMERS can add to their order to get whatever pricing you have worked out.

Keep us up to date, I'm now in for at least 5
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guy:

I unfortunately cannot run the money end.  A suggestion is (if the supplier agrees) to have a "code word" or coupon that ARFCOMMERS can add to their order to get whatever pricing you have worked out.

Keep us up to date, I'm now in for at least 5

I'll mention that to them. I'm waiting for their call still. If I don't get a return call I'll be giving them another call tomorrow. I'm going to look at some other vendors I know, just as a backup. I don't think that they are going to leave us hanging, but I don't like having to wait and pester for answers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, just got off the phone with Teresa at Spur Name Tapes. They are sending me a sample of each patch so I can take some pictures for you guys before you commit!

We will have to have one person do the payment for the order. They will not do piece-meal orders, they want to know how many they need to make so they can run them all at one time.

I'll check about setting up the group buy again. I understand I don't have a 1000+ post count, but I'm a good guy.. really.. stop laughing.
If anyone would like to talk to me over the phone, mail me a letter, see me F2F, in order to get a warm and fuzzy, I am more than willing to oblige once I get permission to start up the group buy. If you do not feel safe with me handling this, than I would be more than happy to hand it off to someone else who is more trustworthy on the board: I'm an infantryman, not an accountant, so handling other people's money is not something I prefer to do. But I will do it if need be, I've got no problem with that.

I'm guessing the sample patches will reach me sometime next week, considering today is Thursday. I'll take some photos of the patches as well as one or two of the other things I've ordered from them previously so you guys can see their standards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy:

Thanks for the update.  I'm willing to "risk" it...we know where to find you.

I guess I see their point.  Well, as I said, I'm in for at least four, more likely five depending on the multicam version.

Thanks for the good work!

Edit to add:  As much as we all hate it, you might consider PP.  I hate it too, but they do offer a convinience to someone like us who isn't really set up for something like a group buy.  If not, I'm in no matter what, but just an idea.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome! Count me in for a couple! Bun in the oven ETA: New Year's Day. Now I gotta shop around for a reason to get me a range bag!!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Awesome! Count me in for a couple! Bun in the oven ETA: New Year's Day. Now I gotta shop around for a reason to get me a range bag!!!!

It doubles as a diaper bag when you're not at the range.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be in for a couple of patches.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I have numerous....um "diaper bags" from CountyComm, 5.11, BlackHawk, Eagle, etc...

My wife is starting to doubt the integrity of my BS regarding their actual purpose...(gear whore)
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have numerous....um "diaper bags" from CountyComm, 5.11, BlackHawk, Eagle, etc...

My wife is starting to doubt the integrity of my BS regarding their actual purpose...(gear whore)

I know what you mean. I have a fetish for Camelbaks, so I get the stinkeye every time a box arrives at the house no matter who it's addressed to.

I'm in for four (4) patches of various types.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for updates
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey everyone, just wanted to bump this before it goes necrotic.

I got a USPS mail notice today letting me know there is a package for me. I think that it is the sample patches I bought... otherwise I was sleep-buying geardo stuff again.

I have a bunch of stuff I have to get done tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to grab it before I leave. My unit mail here is horrible about when they decide to open/close, so hopefully I will be able to stop by before I have to leave for the weekend.

If the package is the patches, I will try and get patches up this weekend or Monday at the latest. If it's not the patches, I'll take a picture of those goodies for you guys.

Once I get the patch pictures up, I'll petition again for a board sponsored group buy.

ETA: Page 4 be mine?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweet...eagerly awaiting.  First born due to arrive anytime in next 2 weeks.  My Versipack looks naked.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#28]
update?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Now an official tag...

Looks like I'm gonna need one of these things by January/February 2011.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Still not here. I think they may used my prior shipping address they had on file, which is my wife's house. I will drive down there tomorrow and check the mail there and see if it's come. If it hasn't, I'll e-mail Spur and ask when they sent it. All I have is the receipt, so it might have only been sent out a day or two ago.

ETA: The package was my new Ops-Core helmet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Still not here. I think they may used my prior shipping address they had on file, which is my wife's house. I will drive down there tomorrow and check the mail there and see if it's come. If it hasn't, I'll e-mail Spur and ask when they sent it. All I have is the receipt, so it might have only been sent out a day or two ago.

Thanks for the update. Pics of helmet?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the update. Pics of helmet?

I'm going to pop some up in another thread shortly. :)

And I apologize to everyone that this is taking so long. I'm going to Indianapolis in less than two weeks and I want to at least get this bastard started. I just feel that we should have had everything pretty much ordered by now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok guys! I got another package in the mail today.

I ripped it open and guess what was inside?

I immediately grabbed one of them and slapped one on my pack.

And then realized you guys would probably like close up pictures, so here they are. Forgive the crappy photos. It was a little dark in the room so I had to use the flash...

Black and White

Tan

OD

Multicam

Comparison of Tan, Spur Multicam Calico Jack, and Multicam

Personally, I think the tan and black and white look the best. I'm going to ask them to change the Multicam's outter stitching to the spice brown as the light tan just looks weird.

When I get back from class tonight I'll e-mail again about setting up the group buy and I'll confirm the $4 price for the patches with Spur.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok guys! I got another package in the mail today.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5hJr67uI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/4bShb1z-ZCg/s800/DSC00540.JPG

I ripped it open and guess what was inside?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5g5KxPoI/AAAAAAAAAEM/EEwYM1BNbow/s800/DSC00542.JPG

I immediately grabbed one of them and slapped one on my pack.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5HHfQ9kI/AAAAAAAAAD0/sYdxCi1Xhwc/s800/DSC00549.JPG

And then realized you guys would probably like close up pictures, so here they are. Forgive the crappy photos. It was a little dark in the room so I had to use the flash...

Black and White
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5HroUR-I/AAAAAAAAAD4/zGoFjj65edg/s800/DSC00548.JPG

Tan
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5IHbLTpI/AAAAAAAAAD8/D78cmSdscIE/s800/DSC00547.JPG

OD
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5IkVfGkI/AAAAAAAAAEA/ZdwVh_24i9M/s800/DSC00546.JPG

Multicam
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5gQS0kmI/AAAAAAAAAEI/MJMmMGZF5MU/s800/DSC00545.JPG

Comparison of Tan, Spur Multicam Calico Jack, and Multicam
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_sj1SDXPuqU8/TFB5Ge5VjHI/AAAAAAAAADw/HXpT8G_JHWw/s576/DSC00550.JPG

Personally, I think the tan and black and white look the best. I'm going to ask them to change the Multicam's outter stitching to the spice brown as the light tan just looks weird.

When I get back from class tonight I'll e-mail again about setting up the group buy and I'll confirm the $4 price for the patches with Spur.

Titties!

Thanks for the update. Standing by with funds for a few patches.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Standing by as well! I'm about 7 weeks out on another bambino myself. Those look awesome.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in for two O.D. whenever we get this going...
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#37]
OH!  I like the TAN and Multicam.  Want.  Want now.  WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in for one of each
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Standing by for order details.  Those look great!
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Call Linda at http://www.camotech.com.  Since it's only text, she might be able to skip the $25.00 setup fee.  Otherwise, she can do any color, any size/shape.  She has a 7 patch minimum order, but if it doesn't require custom setup, she might not even have to do that.  Her number is listed on the web site.  She does a lot of the one-off or small job patches that we use to test colors when testing uniforms.
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm in for four - two tan and two black.
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I want an OD one, if thats not going MC will do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#43]
I will do one each.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm in for a Tan and black/white
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#45]
OK, how do I get in on this?  I've got #2 son due in October.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#46]
If this happens I need at least one in black.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Im in for two black and two multicam...PM me for payment and shipping details...
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey guys. I e-mailed the mods again about setting the group buy up. Once they give the nod of approval I'll have sign-up, pay-up dates.

In the meantime, I know everyone is excited, but PLEASE don't PM or e-mail me about what patches you want and how many. I'm not keeping of track of anything until we have the go-ahead from the mods to do a group buy.

Believe me, once I get the thumbs-up, I'll be ready and willing to get this thing rolling finally.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Patiently waiting for group buy info. I won't need mine till Feb. of next year  The tan will look great on my Mongo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Awesome! One would look great on my new maxpedition kodiak I just picked up.... Disney world here I come.lol.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top