Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 191
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted by 1slow01z71
Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.
View Quote

My Dealer said the same thing today.  He talked with the NFA branch and the lady he spoke with said they were supose to be faster.  He is in the process of getting his FFL approved for the eForm system.  We will have to see.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My Dealer said the same thing today.  He talked with the NFA branch and the lady he spoke with said they were supose to be faster.  He is in the process of getting his FFL approved for the eForm system.  We will have to see.  

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.

MAHA

Also heard the same that it was basically just a test run which sucks bc I was only a couple weeks after

Edit: buttttt I did speak with the NFA branch today to verify if a particular person can sign off on a F1/4 (The state attorney) and I mentioned D. pickles doing only Eform and he confirmed that. Sooo maybe the wait won't be as long. Who knows
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also heard the same that it was basically just a test run which sucks bc I was only a couple weeks after
Edit: buttttt I did speak with the NFA branch today to verify if a particular person can sign off on a F1/4 (The state attorney) and I mentioned D. pickles doing only Eform and he confirmed that. Sooo maybe the wait won't be as long. Who knows
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

At this point we are at the "wait and see" point of the process.

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I called Silencer Shop today to check up on my stuff and spoke with the same guy Dave and he said the same as posted above.  The examiners were experimenting with it and making sure the system worked and a few people basically "won the lottery."  Makes me wonder if that is true, is the ATF just gonna let all the efiled stuff sit untouched for the next six months?
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I just form 1'd another spikes lower right now no issues still waiting on my approved eform1 from 8/29/13 hope these are quick like yours was.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you explain how the examiners would know if the next person in the stack was a eform or paper form? I know im fairly new to the NFA game with only one approved stamp, but your statement is what seems silly to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You would be silly to cancel your paper forms the few eforms that have gone through were just a test of the system. Now they will all be added to the paper stack Happy 15 Mo wait with the rest of us.

Can you explain how the examiners would know if the next person in the stack was a eform or paper form? I know im fairly new to the NFA game with only one approved stamp, but your statement is what seems silly to me

I would imagine that eFiled forms are all done on a PC, whereas paper filed forms go into stacks of paper which have to be sorted and physically distributed to the proper state examiner. So eFiled forms are a totally separate process assigned to different people. Since the eFiled forms are probably far fewer, that "stack" will have a much lower wait time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since the eFiled forms are probably far fewer, that "stack" will have a much lower wait time.
View Quote

For now.... But I'm sure that stack is growing at an incredible rate.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since the eFiled forms are probably far fewer, that "stack" will have a much lower wait time.

I'm in on 10/4 and 10/19.

So hopefully, they work from submitted date

The 10/19 submission - AK SBR - is what I'm really excited about, the 10/4 submission - AR SBR - I've not even begun to get parts for.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a Form 1 submitted on 8-9-13 was approved today as well...wohoo!  I still have a ways to go but am somewhat hopeful.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine just came back also, cept it took right under 3 months.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine just came back also, cept it took right under 3 months.
View Quote

Details please
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]

When was yours approved? I know you stated it was an 8/21 submit. I'm trying to get a timeline for when my 8/29 eForm Form 1 might be approved.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine was approved 11/15/2013/
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#17]
That's odd.  I have one submitted by eForm on 8/12 that is not approved yet.  How is your 8/21 already approved?
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Being that it seems the approvals were just a system test so far, they might not have selected them in order.  Who knows...
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Still looking forward to an approval soon for my 8/29/13 eform hope this isn't a test run.  I just scored a CMC FLAT tactical trigger for 139.49 from chiefsupply for my sbr.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I submitted 9/28.  I hope the rumors about them sitting on e-forms now is just that.  Would make absolutely no sense at all to do a few fast then just sit there and play dumb.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I submitted 9/28.  I hope the rumors about them sitting on e-forms now is just that.  Would make absolutely no sense at all to do a few fast then just sit there and play dumb.
View Quote

If anything, they would sit on them because of the obvious amount of butthurt it would cause among people who submitted paper. I have both paper and E-forms in, i'll be happy to get any of them back in the next 9 months.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got my eForm 1 back.  Submitted 12 September approved 21 November.

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
It seems more are starting to trickle in.

If we see September dates getting approved next month, I'm going with "its the norm for eform" v.s. this "test run" piece.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

Wow a September approval? Makes me really curious to know how they are doing these. I have a Form 4 in from 2 days ago. At this pace, I will be approved in a couple weeks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

Huh.  Well I guess a guy can still dream then.  I have several September subs so it'd be great to get a surprise email.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#28]
i posted this on another thread,

i called Tuesday on two eform Form 4's.  the nice lady said 9 months from pending.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#29]
<Removed due to the fact I missed the privacy notice on the e-mail>
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe I'll be a lottery pick but I realize I'm probably in for the long wait.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe I'll be a lottery pick but I realize I'm probably in for the long wait.
View Quote

Me too and that is fine as I knew it was 9 months when I submitted but I can still have a deep hatred for those that won the lottery
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm staying optimistic
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote
They must have skipped mine.

Submitted 9/9
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MAHA

Submitted 9/9
No love here either. Submitted 9/4

Link Posted: 11/21/2013 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Submitted 9/9
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Submitted 9/9

Same here... submitted 9/6
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MAHA
Submitted 9/9

I have no clue how they are running them through.  I started the form on the 8th but didnt finalize it and submit it till the 12th.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#37]
*fingers crossed* They should probably start looking at form 1's submitted on 8/23 next.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

I submitted a form 1 on 9/12/13 also. Hopefully I will get my approval soon!
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I submitted 8/29/13 how are they picking these every time i get an email on my phone im hoping it's a atf approval this sucks lucky you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#40]
they need to test the October batches.

Link Posted: 11/21/2013 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I have on from 9/12 too, no such luck for me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I have 2 forms submitted on 8/30.  1 of my forms moved from submitted/in process back to my drafts.  I emailed Gary Schaible about it and he said there is no record of my 2nd form.  I have to provide proof of payment to get issued a refund and resubmit.

Link Posted: 11/22/2013 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I sent an email two weeks ago to cancel my eform1 i submitted on 10/28, it shows as disapproved but i have not received a refund of payment yet
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I sent an email two weeks ago to cancel my eform1 i submitted on 10/28, it shows as disapproved but i have not received a refund of payment yet
View Quote

Same here. I plan on emailing Gary Monday to see what the deal is. Last time I canceled I had a refund in 2 days.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody think I should do a title change to to something like Efile Discussion/Time pending thread? It seems like there are a lot of threads about efiling and it might be easier with one thread. Let me know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anybody think I should do a title change to to something like Efile Discussion/Time pending thread? It seems like there are a lot of threads about efiling and it might be easier with one thread. Let me know.
View Quote

I think the title says it all.  eFiling only takes 3 months.  I vote don't change it.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have 2 forms submitted on 8/30.  1 of my forms moved from submitted/in process back to my drafts.  I emailed Gary Schaible about it and he said there is no record of my 2nd form.  I have to provide proof of payment to get issued a refund and resubmit.

View Quote

do u think u might of had a error in this one, I know they keep saying you can't make corrections once submitted. I wonder if this is how they cancel them. I sucks you have to prove you paid for it to get refund. Does any of your emails prove that it was submitted
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

do u think u might of had a error in this one, I know they keep saying you can't make corrections once submitted. I wonder if this is how they cancel them. I sucks you have to prove you paid for it to get refund. Does any of your emails prove that it was submitted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Did you get confirmation emails with control numbers for them?

How were you notified? Email or did you log on and just see it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#49]
The only thing I did differently with this one is I manually entered the caliber instead of using the drop down selections.  When I filed I got a pop up saying one of my selections wasn't verified and might delay processing.  I never had a payment confirmation or submitted/in process email.  But it was in my submitted/in process queue.

I never really thought nothing of it until I logged in last week and saw it in my drafts.  I emailed them and that's how I found out about the cancel/refund/resubmit.
The only proof I can give them is a screen shot of my credit card statement.  I'm waiting now for an answer now on whether that is acceptable or not.  Meanwhile I re-filed yesterday and as it is right now have payed $400.00 for one stamp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I got a stamp payment refunded, it took them about four months.  I don't imagine they're any FASTER at it now than they were back in 2001, when I got my refund, either.
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top