Quoted:

Just happy I'm not the only one...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry for the thread jack but this is what I get after hitting Sign and Submit and putting in my password.

Happened on Chrome and Firefox now.

Going to try later tonight.

<a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/user/DCMoney22/media/ATFError_zps909a29b4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/DCMoney22/ATFError_zps909a29b4.jpg</a>

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and I cant get it to submit either. I've paid and I have the conformation for that and it acts like it submits yet it stays in draft status. I sent in a support email.

I'm using IE8 without any issues.  If you can downgrade your browser, I'd try that.  Firefox was a no go.  If you have Windows 7 Pro start an Windows XP vm and install IE8 if you need to.  

You can get IE8 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

I can't speak to Chrome.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did they send you the back of the form 1 also?  Were any of the boxes checked?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stamp looks good, signature looks good. This is my first stamp, but as far as I can tell everything looks good to go. I checked Eforms on the ATF website and it also says approved now.

Here is the printed pic.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/bionic589/IMG_0065.jpg

The printed form is 4 pages total, the fist is in the pic, second is the boxes (all blank) and CLEO (not required), and the last 2 are instructions for filling out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The printed form is 4 pages total, the fist is in the pic, second is the boxes (all blank) and CLEO (not required), and the last 2 are instructions for filling out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stamp looks good, signature looks good. This is my first stamp, but as far as I can tell everything looks good to go. I checked Eforms on the ATF website and it also says approved now.

Here is the printed pic.

So then "Trade name" was filled in with your trust name automatically?

And last thing, did you sign "your name, trustee" or just your name?

The other thread has me a little worried.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So then "Trade name" was filled in with your trust name automatically?   And last thing, did you sign "your name, trustee" or just your name?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the printed pic.

So then "Trade name" was filled in with your trust name automatically?   And last thing, did you sign "your name, trustee" or just your name?

this
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the printed pic.

this

On mine the trade name was auto populated with my trust name.  I also just signed my name as in John Doe.  Not John Doe, trustee.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My concern is the barney fife type asking for paperwork for a suppressor or SBR.  You whip out your brand new pdf on your smartphone of choice and it's a crap shoot as to whether he believes that or not.  Some of the city departments around here would probably just arrest you and tell you to sort it out with the judge.  

One officer I had a run in with couldn't even ID a glock, you want to trust someone like that with a photo copy ATF form?

ETA: All that being said, let's keep quiet until I get my suppressors and SBR's.  I don't want to slow this down, the ATF can mail me my physical stamps later.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  If it's not normal office hours, that could be a potential headache, but he can't detain you or confiscate your property without reasonable suspicion that you've done something illegal.

Right, I think the big concern is the printed form being difficult than the physical stamp falls into that reasonable suspicion category. The threshold for reasonable suspicion is very low

My concern is the barney fife type asking for paperwork for a suppressor or SBR.  You whip out your brand new pdf on your smartphone of choice and it's a crap shoot as to whether he believes that or not.  Some of the city departments around here would probably just arrest you and tell you to sort it out with the judge.  

One officer I had a run in with couldn't even ID a glock, you want to trust someone like that with a photo copy ATF form?

ETA: All that being said, let's keep quiet until I get my suppressors and SBR's.  I don't want to slow this down, the ATF can mail me my physical stamps later.  

Sigh. I don't trust anyone other than the ATF (there's a misnomer) to handle my tax document. No other cop has the authority to see it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

On mine the trade name was auto populated with my trust name.  I also just signed my name as in John Doe.  Not John Doe, trustee.

View Quote
Awesome.

Same as my pending eform.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the printed pic.

this

Like I said this is my first Stamp so I am no expert, and would likely not be able to spot troubling abnormalities.

Trade name = Bionic589 Trust
Block 7 Signature of applicant = "Digitally Signed"
Block 8 Name and Title of Authorized Official of Firm or Corporation = My name.

What was the info from the other thread that has you worried?
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Internet lawyers??  lmfao...you mean Licensed Attorneys who happen to have a blog on the internet?  What a joke dude...

Those ATF people really get it right all the time, right?  Remember the akins accelerator?  How'd that turn out?

All this nonsense can be fixed if they simply send a physical copy with a stamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could care less if I receive a physical stamp and quite frankly don't care what some internet lawyers have to say on the subject.  Until the ATF changes their minds and interprets things differently the E-Form is perfectly legal.  The letter of the law doesn't matter with the ATF it is all about how they interpret it.

I submitted forms on 8/29 and 8/30 so I hope that mine come in soon and I get my e-mails

Internet lawyers??  lmfao...you mean Licensed Attorneys who happen to have a blog on the internet?  What a joke dude...

Those ATF people really get it right all the time, right?  Remember the akins accelerator?  How'd that turn out?

All this nonsense can be fixed if they simply send a physical copy with a stamp.

You proved my point though.  It doesn't matter what any lawyer says is legal.  It only matters what the ATF says is legal which for right now is the printed Form 1's.  If/when they change their mind I will worry but until then I don't really care what anyone else says.  Those lawyers aren't licensed to practice in my state I'm 99.9% so they are "internet lawyers" to me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry for the thread jack but this is what I get after hitting Sign and Submit and putting in my password.

<a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/user/DCMoney22/media/ATFError_zps909a29b4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/DCMoney22/ATFError_zps909a29b4.jpg</a>
View Quote

It's a long shot but I would try stepping the application from beginning to end.  It appears from the error that something hasn't been created correctly since it can't convert.  Otherwise, that appears to be an error that should stop all users.  I'm not a Java/Oracle programmer though as I hate them both
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Like I said this is my first Stamp so I am no expert, and would likely not be able to spot troubling abnormalities.

View Quote
Basically, approved form 1s are filled out a bit different than the e-forms.  

For example, the question asking about a deactivated firearm is left unanswered in the e-forms, but yes or no is checked normally.

I wonder if it is even necessary to answer that question when mailing in the form 1.

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a long shot but I would try stepping the application from beginning to end.  It appears from the error that something hasn't been created correctly since it can't convert.  Otherwise, that appears to be an error that should stop all users.  I'm not a Java/Oracle programmer though as I hate them both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks going back over it now!
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck you guys, I'm still waiting for my stamp that went pending on 14 February.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For example, the question asking about a deactivated firearm is left unanswered in the e-forms, but yes or no is checked normally.
I wonder if it is even necessary to answer that question when mailing in the form 1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason that question is not answered on the eform is because you cannot activate a firearm with eforms. You must submit a paper form.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and I cant get it to submit either. I've paid and I have the conformation for that and it acts like it submits yet it stays in draft status. I sent in a support email.

The same thing is happening to me in both Chrome and IE operating in IE8 mode. I'm hoping it is just a temporary glitch in the system.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The same thing is happening to me in both Chrome and IE operating in IE8 mode. I'm hoping it is just a temporary glitch in the system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their system must still be down, emailed their help. Hoping to submit several Form 1s this week!
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#17]
when this was going on last month, I ended up getting firefox to work, where IE wasn't.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Email from ATF Person:
Please save your work and log out – the eForms system needs some maintenance.  Our apologies
View Quote

Received a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#19]
"eForms Outage

Due to daily maintenance, the e-Forms system is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or [email protected]."

They had no problems charging my CC $200 last night though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"eForms Outage

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or [email protected]."

View Quote

Its back up!
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#21]
So lets say you have mailed a few forms in the month of September.....they are in pending status....

What if you called the NFA, cancelled all of your forms, then resubmitted them as an eFile....possible?

Link Posted: 11/12/2013 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So lets say you have mailed a few forms in the month of September.....they are in pending status....

What if you called the NFA, cancelled all of your forms, then resubmitted them as an eFile....possible?  
View Quote

If everyone did this, the eFile system would be just as slow as paper-based. I think you are best leaving things be.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"eForms Outage

ASSISTANCE:

View Quote

It does randomly go down occasionally.  To date, this has been pretty typical.  It does usually come back up shortly though.  

In addition to the random outages, ATF emailed out an eForms bulletin on 11/8 stating the system would be brought down every day at 12pm EST for a restart.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#24]
You would be silly to cancel your paper forms the few eforms that have gone through were just a test of the system. Now they will all be added to the paper stack Happy 15 Mo wait with the rest of us.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the few eforms that have gone through were just a test of the system. Now they will all be added to the paper stack Happy 15 Mo wait with the rest of us.
View Quote

Hey there mister I like to makeup bullshit statements. Why don't you go back to your hole.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You would be silly to cancel your paper forms the few eforms that have gone through were just a test of the system. Now they will all be added to the paper stack Happy 15 Mo wait with the rest of us.
View Quote

Yeah... That isn't happening. There is no process or such a thing. Reports are saying that an examiner has been assigned to handle eforms.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

please provide your source.

GD statements are to be made elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that was the Case then we would be getting a Paper form back not an approved PDF file...

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It does randomly go down occasionally.  To date, this has been pretty typical.  It does usually come back up shortly though.  

In addition to the random outages, ATF emailed out an eForms bulletin on 11/8 stating the system would be brought down every day at 12pm EST for a restart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"eForms Outage

ASSISTANCE:

Also something to watch for is after hitting sign and submit 2 of my forms went back into the edit queue.    I had to go back in and resubmit.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you explain how the examiners would know if the next person in the stack was a eform or paper form? I know im fairly new to the NFA game with only one approved stamp, but your statement is what seems silly to me
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can you explain how the examiners would know if the next person in the stack was a eform or paper form? I know im fairly new to the NFA game with only one approved stamp, but your statement is what seems silly to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two seperate piles. It looks like paper forms go into pile A where they go through their normal examiner assignment and 9 month wait. E forms go to pile B where it looks like pickles is handling them only.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Two seperate piles. It looks like paper forms go into pile A where they go through their normal examiner assignment and 9 month wait. E forms go to pile B where it looks like pickles is handling them only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dana Pickles is handling the Eforms for every state ?

Link Posted: 11/12/2013 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah i understand that, i wanted shadycoh to explain his statement that eforms would be getting put into the same pile as paper forms
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

It seems like it. He has approved eforms in VA and TX so far.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I duno maby because there have only been what 4 efiled forms talked about being received and none past those.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I duno maby because there have only been what 4 efiled forms talked about being received and none past those.
View Quote

That's because:

1) The first forms were received last Thursday/Friday.
2) Not all NFA owners post here or on NFA Tracker
3) Monday was a holiday.
4) Someone received one yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just got one in GA that he did
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#38]
seriously considering creating a trust just to send a couple form 1's via eform.  I can get a CLEO sign off at a later date if needed.  Up until now, I was just going to go the individual route...

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#39]
This is from the wait time thread at snipershide.

Originally Posted by 1slow01z71

Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#41]
You must be a troll because you are not posting what people want to read :)
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You must be a troll because you are not posting what people want to read :)
View Quote

You posted no context for your statement. You just made a claim that no one else had heard of. Now that we have some context of where this info comes from it is more believable. But it's still only 1 person's claim.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Spoke with Dave at silencershop this morning and he said the atf only approved eforms for a couple weeks to test the system out then were told not to expect anymore fast approvals. Which means the two form ones I filed beginning of October probably wont be approved til later on. Bummer.
View Quote

we willknow soon enough if this istrue. if e file forms continue to come back over the next few weeks then stop comming back.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Time will tell.

If i was one of the largest dealers I would say the same thing, why? - to keep folks from flooding me with requests to cancel and re file a form 4.

If approvals continue for the next month, I don't see them slowing down.

this has caused a lot of butt hurt amongst the NFA folks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Someone who  has received this "PDF Form 1" :

Does it have a verifiable digital signature?
Is there any form of non-repudiation enabled?
Did you print it double-sided? Is this a requirement stated anywhere?

Final question, which makes the answers for the previous three un-needed if true:
If you call up the NFA Branch via telephone and provide the serial number, will the verify the item's existence in the NFA registry?
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Time will tell.

If i was one of the largest dealers I would say the same thing, why? - to keep folks from flooding me with requests to cancel and re file a form 4.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Time will tell.

I have no idea what's going on here, but I will say that my experience with Dave at Silencershop has been very matter-of-fact and positive.  Those guys do so much business with the NFA branch and talk via phone with the individual examiners on a regular and first-name basis.  Other than speaking with an examiner yourself, Dave would be a pretty reliable source of information.  I, personally, would not suspect him of any ulterior motive.

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have no idea what's going on here, but I will say that my experience with Dave at Silencershop has been very matter-of-fact and positive.  Those guys do so much business with the NFA branch and talk via phone with the individual examiners on a regular and first-name basis.  Other than speaking with an examiner yourself, Dave would be a pretty reliable source of information.  I, personally, would not suspect him of any ulterior motive.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time will tell.

Fair enough.

If he is correct, I still hope the streamlined eform system will provide a quicker turnaround time compared to manual mailed in submissions.

If not, then we shall get them earlier.

Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

we willknow soon enough if this istrue. if e file forms continue to come back over the next few weeks then stop comming back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that would be a bummer.  I spent 2 weeks in the beginning of August figuring out how to register.  I knew I should have pestered Gary and Lee to bump me to the top of the list after making them aware of the password requirement and PDF size issues after I discovered them and the solutions
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't see how it would even take more than 3 months for e-filed Form 1's to be approved.

Most of the e-filed transfers are form 3's and dealer-to-dealer form 4's and the other similar forms which don't take near as long as having to process e-filed form 1's. And then, it's not like their is a HUGE stack of e-filed form 1's to be worked on yet. Plus, you have a examiner dedicated to just e-forms.

But now everyone is flooding the system because they've heard about this, and becoming their own worst enemy. It's just going to make it take longer.

I'm about to send in another individual form. Happy 9 month wait for me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would reeeeeally suck for the guys that tried to play the system by canceling their forms to try and E-file instead.

I hope I moved up a few spots in the queue because of this.    LOL
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top