Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good behavior? If it takes posting AAC's mistake and shortcomings on a forum to get results, then how can it ever be called "good behavior"?

Have you ever seen someone having to call out DA, SiCo, Rugged, etc. to get results? NO

I guess that's why I don't buy AAC. I even passed on the $300 tirants years ago.
View Quote
Exactly, please see my post above yours.

If AAC wants continue business beyond the extent of what the old reputation they're still living on will take them, then they need to make some serious changes based on how they handle customer relations. Expecting a customer to pay for their mistake is unacceptable on any level.

Everyone puts out a bad product no matter how great you are, it's a fact. The level of assumed quality control is up to the individual customer to decide whether it's acceptable to them or not to make a purchase. Regardless of defect rate, what truly sets brands apart is how they handle their mistakes. With AAC, since I have been dealing with them they seem as they could not care less once they have your money which is absolutely stupid on their part since most people who own these type of products buy multiple and don't stop at one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, why would you call AAC liars, say you have your conversation with them recorded to prove as such, then turn around and say you will not post the recording for all to hear? This makes you less credible.

Lame.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a shitty situation, I wouldn't expect aac or any manufacturer to cover the $200 stamp in the case of a replacement.

But it's the right thing to do.

If the OP blew out the can from negligence and they offered a replacement at a discount. Good for them, wouldn't expect a stamp from them though.

They make a defective product, it's the right thing to do to pay for the stamp. But I wouldn't expect it. I also wouldn't buy anything from them again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
A fun read.

I only write as a lawyer that as best as I know:

1. The most you would be able to claim in damages is going to be the total OOP cost of the can and the stamp. So, and this is not legal advice, but this is probably a small claims issue worth ~$1k.
2. Insofar as anything OP posts here could be used against him, theoretically none of it should be all that different than what he would allege in the original complaint or ultimately prove in the course of litigation anyway.
3. The only real effect I could see from this entire thread is to somehow allege OP is acting in bad faith but that horse is out the barn door at this point anyway.

My point being, at this point, the only reason I can see not to post the recording could be criminal liability depending on the respective laws of the states involved where/when it was recorded.

#FreeTheRecording...if its legal.

EDITED: To add, that a quick arm-chair research shows that at least Alabama, presumably where AAC CSR is located, is a one-party consent state, which would make OP's recording entirely legal...
EDITED2: So is Virginia...
EDITED3: So is D.C. (federal), where OP may have called from
EDITED4: Maryland is NOT, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that OP did not call a suppressor manufacturer from MD.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP, why would you call AAC liars, say you have your conversation with them recorded to prove as such, then turn around and say you will not post the recording for all to hear? This makes you less credible.

Lame.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure I'm going to buy OP's side of the story without the supposed audio.

I also agree that it is unreasonable to expect AAC to cover the cost of the tax stamp on a suppressor with a MSRP roughly double the tax.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lame.
View Quote
Spoken like someone who has never been involved in legal proceedings.

I know you want to hear to conversation, I'm pretty sure that most in this thread with the exception of AAC would love for me to post it. I would want to hear it too. Ask yourself this though, what do I gain from sharing it right now? The answer is, other than possibly your approval, nothing. I actually regret mentioning it because it would have been entertaining to see how far AAC would would ride out there "full disclosure" statement.

This thread is not to gain anyones approval, I truly could not care any less whether you believe my story or not. The point of this thread is to share my experience with this matter with other consumers, whether they agree or not... That is their decision. There are a lot of opinions here. Many that share the same thoughts I do on the matter. Some disagree and think AAC's response to offer a replacement or refund minus tax is sufficient, which is fine if it were them in this situation, although I don't think if they actually were that they would want to be out $200 or more for someones mistake, nor should they. Some disagree with me entirely for several reasons and thats fine too, the decision is theirs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd be money ahead to cut this thing into tiny pieces and mail it to them in a box of dog shit.
View Quote
Do it
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know you want to hear to conversation, I'm pretty sure that most in this thread with the exception of AAC would love for me to post it. I would want to hear it too. Ask yourself this though, what do I gain from sharing it right now? The answer is, other than possibly your approval, nothing. I actually regret mentioning it because it would have been entertaining to see how far AAC would would ride out there "full disclosure" statement.
View Quote
If this is the case, then you need to stop posting RIGHT NOW, and take it with AAC to court and settle it with them. Because taking it to a forum, and accusing a manufacturer of lying, or not telling the truth about an issue regarding a product sure sounds like you have never dealt with legal proceedings either. There is really nothing to gain by discussing it here, other than to make accusations and running away by claiming it's a "legal proceeding" and not prove anything.

If there is a legal proceeding, AAC would be foolish to respond to you in this thread at this point. So, we won't know what really happened or who said or did what.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I also agree that it is unreasonable to expect AAC to cover the cost of the tax stamp on a suppressor with a MSRP roughly double the tax.
View Quote
I'm done discussing the audio but I will address the second portion of your post:

1. The suppressor is roughly tree times the cost of a tax stamp, but the percentage of cost cannot be relevant to whether they are responsible or not. They either are or they aren't. If you were the one that were dealing with this I would bet you wouldn't want to eat the cost either due to a defect that you did not cause on a product you could not use/test until after the expense was paid. When you return a defective item sales tax is always refunded, this is no different, just more money for the tax. It's a matter of responsibility, not cost.

2. Even if you would be ok with being out the tax stamp, that is your decision, not mine. To me it is unacceptable to pay for someones mistake which is why I did not and will not accept that offer.

3. They had multiple attempts to do a repair which were not successful. Had I asked for a refund with tax stamp without giving them the opportunity to fix the problem then it would be an entirely different story. They deserved the chance to fix it and were given the opportunity several times. I was giving them the chance again yesterday when I was told it would not be an option.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe Gemtech should do it form him
View Quote
OP- email sent.  Hit me back.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Look at the time of your post. Look at the time of their last post. Think about the normal business day.

Also consider that AAC really has nothing to gain by participating in an internet shitfest.
View Quote
They have something to lose I can tell you that
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've entirely ignored my point which is that your claim that you can't post it because of legal proceedings is entirely undercut by the fact that this is likely a sub $1,000 small claims issue that would likely end up in mediated negotiation in the hallway of a courthouse and only see the inside of a courtroom with a judge, likely sitting without a jury, if no resolution were reached. I suspect filing and serving them with such a claim would just get you a check cut in the amount requested since it'd be cheaper than them sending a lawyer anyway without acknowledging fault.

This isn't a class action product liability claim. You suffered no damages beyond the price of the can and the stamp, and maybe shipping costs if you incurred them. Sadly, your time and inconvenience isn't going to be a legal basis to claim relief and I can't imagine a credible lawyer who would say so and take the case.

So, spoken like someone who HAS been involved in legal proceedings, short of cooking up some half-cocked lawsuit claiming excessive damages for what is essentially a broken toy, there's really no reason to pretend like this is bigger than it is and just post the damn thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#15]
^

Ouch, that left a mark
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#16]
OP, have you picked out something you like from the Gemtech Product line yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You've entirely ignored my point which is that your claim that you can't post it because of legal proceedings is entirely undercut by the fact that this is likely a sub $1,000 small claims issue that would likely end up in mediated negotiation in the hallway of a courthouse and only see the inside of a courtroom with a judge, likely sitting without a jury, if no resolution were reached. I suspect filing and serving them with such a claim would just get you a check cut in the amount requested since it'd be cheaper than them sending a lawyer anyway without acknowledging fault.

This isn't a class action product liability claim. You suffered no damages beyond the price of the can and the stamp, and maybe shipping costs if you incurred them. Sadly, your time and inconvenience isn't going to be a legal basis to claim relief and I can't imagine a credible lawyer who would say so and take the case.

So, spoken like someone who HAS been involved in legal proceedings, short of cooking up some half-cocked lawsuit claiming excessive damages for what is essentially a broken toy, there's really no reason to pretend like this is bigger than it is and just post the damn thing.
View Quote
I doubt it would ever make it into the courthouse....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When you return a defective item sales tax is always refunded, this is no different, just more money for the tax. It's a matter of responsibility, not cost.
View Quote
Try this analogy and look at your state's automobile lemon laws:

You buy a new Audibenzedes for $100,000 and pay $5000 registration on it to the state.  Your new Audibenzedes spends 3 months in the shop and you successfully lemon law it, then Audibenzedes replaces it with a new $100,000 Audibenzedes.  Guess who's on the hook for another $5000 registration fee?

Same-same.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't understand this post tbh. Do you actually think he would just disregard the advice of his own legal council for the opinion of an anonymous random internet lawyer guy to appease other anonymous random internet people do you?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You buy a new Audibenzedes for $100,000 and pay $5000 registration on it to the state.  Your new Audibenzedes spends 3 months in the shop and you successfully lemon law it, then Audibenzedes replaces it with a new $100,000 Audibenzedes.  Guess who's on the hook for another $5000 registration fee?

Same-same.
View Quote
How is it the same ? A car and a suppressor are not the same. It would only be the same if the registration cost was $36,000.00 and you couldn't drive the car until AFTER you paid the registration fee. Then the car was inoperable before you pulled out of the lot. Then it'd be the same...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't understand this post tbh do you actually think he would just disregard the advice of his own legal council for the opinion of an anonymous random internet lawyer guy to appease other anonymous random internet people do you?
View Quote
It is a $700 lawsuit.  Legal council will end up costing as much as the can.

OP, PM @JudgeJudy to get the justice you deserve.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't understand this post tbh do you actually think he would just disregard the advice of his own legal council for the opinion of an anonymous random internet lawyer guy to appease other anonymous random internet people do you?
View Quote
I guess all you'd need to understand is that in my professional opinion the only attorney he could find who would be taking his money and offering that advice should be disbarred.

I shudder at the thought that any attorney took this on contingency to get his third of OP's windfall...

I'd just add that I entirely agree with OP's claim here. I'd be pissed too. It's just trivial from any legal standpoint, IMO...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How is it the same ?
View Quote
They're both "taxes" you pay to the government for the privilege of operating your property and in neither case can you get a refund from the government just because that property is defective.  Most US states have clearly defined laws on "lemon" vehicles, and I suspect you'll find yourself to be SOL should you ever try to recover the registration fee paid on a lemon vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How is it the same ? A car and a suppressor are not the same. It would only be the same if the registration cost was $36,000.00 and you couldn't drive the car until AFTER you paid the registration fee. Then the car was inoperable before you pulled out of the lot. Then it'd be the same...
View Quote
100% correct, emotionally....

Legally, a product is a product is a product. Courts don't care that you waited 10 months in NFA jail to get something; that's not "pain and suffering" even if it feels that way to us.

That said, I COULD see the tax stamp being included in an award of damages because of the unique nature that is inherent of the cost of acquiring a can, and that it is inherently a cost in acquiring a suitable replacement. It's also entirely possible AAC's entire response is based on their lawyer's analysis that a court wouldn't order the reimbursement of a tax paid and that they're very comfortable with that position now and in the event of a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]
In response to the two above replies that are more focused on the legal cost aspect.
Hypothetically speaking, what if OP is a hotshot lawyer himself (or his brother/wife/dad/uncle/best friend) and AAC unknowingly stuck it to the wrong guy and it's costing him nothing to cover the legal expense other than time? Is it still worth it in your opinion?
Also hypothetically, at what point is it considered no longer okay for a company to screw someone? $2,000.00? $4,000.00? $1,000,000.00?

Also, it should be noted i'm not advocating going the legal route on this I'm just saying if the OP feels like it is that's his prerogative.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In response to the two above replies that are more focused on the legal cost aspect.
Hypothetically speaking, what if OP is a hotshot lawyer himself (or his brother/wife/dad/uncle/best friend) and AAC unknowingly stuck it to the wrong guy and it's costing him nothing to cover the legal expense other than time? Is it still worth it in your opinion?
Also hypothetically, at what point is it considered no longer okay for a company to screw someone? $2,000.00? $4,000.00? $1,000,000.00?

Also, it should be noted i'm not advocating going the legal route on this I'm just saying if the OP feels like it is that's his prerogative.
View Quote
It wont really matter because the liability is so small.  Johnny Cochran couldn't get more than $1k from a case like this.  

For what it is worth I've had dealings with AAC customer service and it was really positive.  I was made whole and then some.  Sucks for OP but YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Gemtech should do it form him
Fuck yeah
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They're both "taxes" you pay to the government for the privilege of operating your property and in neither case can you get a refund from the government just because that property is defective.  Most US states have clearly defined laws on "lemon" vehicles, and I suspect you'll find yourself to be SOL should you ever try to recover the registration fee paid on a lemon vehicle.
View Quote
Still sounds like an apples to oranges comparison unless you care to tell me more about suppressor lemon laws. I want to discuss suppressors/tax stamps not vehicles/registration
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
And if it was a $3,000 .50bmg can it would be the same $200 stamp.
Pretty spot on analogy
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
To AAC:

You are a manufacturing and engineering firm.  You have a welder, a lathe, a mill, some fixtures, fix the damn thing and be done with it.

Saying it can't be fixed is lame, it's not the same situation as the tube of a Huntertown can blown up.
View Quote
This is exactly how I see it. AAC could easily spend some man hours and fix their manufacturing defect. There must be someone left at AAC who knows how to troubleshoot and fix something as simple as a direct thread silencer. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For what it is worth I've had dealings with AAC customer service and it was really positive.  I was made whole and then some.  Sucks for OP but YMMV.
View Quote
This is why I wanted to hear the audio.  As much as his side of the story sounds shitty (mainly the being unresolved after 4 years), I have a feeling OP is "one of those" customers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
1. In that case: let's assume he's some big swinging dick partner at a law firm. He bills out at, I dunno, $800/hour for argument's sake. Two options, one feasible and one not. The not feasible option is he files some frivolous lawsuit claiming six-figures in damages in either state or federal court. He's not putting his name out there on some dreck like that with a reputation to uphold. It's just not realistic. Nevermind the fact that to do so would literally require at least a few hours of time researching and drafting a legitimately appropriate complaint. That's basically just money lost to file a frivolous lawsuit that hurts his reputation. Not gonna happen. The feasible option is he files a small claim and goes and represents himself in a quick hearing. Again though, the money problem. If you're billing out at exorbitant rates, are you really taking an hour ($800) to fill out the paperwork, go to the court and file it, just to sit there one day for say 3 hours (Another $2400) to wait for the case to be called and then go try it or negotiate it for a $1000 can?

So, I can't really answer that because it's just dependent on how people value their time and money at that point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1. In that case: let's assume he's some big swinging dick partner at a law firm. He bills out at, I dunno, $800/hour for argument's sake. Two options, one feasible and one not. The not feasible option is he files some frivolous lawsuit claiming six-figures in damages in either state or federal court. He's not putting his name out there on some dreck like that with a reputation to uphold. It's just not realistic. Nevermind the fact that to do so would literally require at least a few hours of time researching and drafting a legitimately appropriate complaint. That's basically just money lost to file a frivolous lawsuit that hurts his reputation. Not gonna happen. The feasible option is he files a small claim and goes and represents himself in a quick hearing. Again though, the money problem. If you're billing out at exorbitant rates, are you really taking an hour ($800) to fill out the paperwork, go to the court and file it, just to sit there one day for say 3 hours (Another $2400) to wait for the case to be called and then go try it or negotiate it for a $1000 can?

So, I can't really answer that because it's just dependent on how people value their time and money at that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gotcha, I'll be honest. If I felt like I was done wrong and it was the only remaining course of action to be made whole again as well as prove a point to the hypothetical company that allegedly did me wrong I'd totally take a half day of my time to exercise the feasible option.

EDIT:
Quoted:This is why I wanted to hear the audio.  As much as his side of the story sounds shitty (mainly the being unresolved after 4 years), I have a feeling OP is "one of those" customers.
OP said this entire ordeal began in March 2012 I think.... It's currently March of 2017. While you might be right about that I kinda think he's allowed to be salty at this point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Hypothetical...

Could op have new can that AAC is offering sent to his dealer, and trade towards something.  The new can won't be a 2 stamp deal so, Maybe the dealer would offer cash to go towards a stamp, and a free transfer or two.  Atleast it is something.   Won't make him whole, just less in the hole.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Gotcha, I'll be honest. If I felt like I was done wrong and it was the only remaining course of action to be made whole again as well as prove a point to the hypothetical company that allegedly did me wrong I'd totally take a half day of my time to exercise the feasible option.

View Quote
Agree to a point, I seldom get past the planning point of spite lawsuits anymore haha.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There has never been any mention from me about damages, I have also never asked AAC for anything more than to fix my suppressor. There was never talk of any refund until yesterday and I also did not ask to be compensated for dealing with this, just an equivalent product at no added cost to me, or my money refunded in full. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quoted:

Same-same.
It's funny you bring this up. Last december I purchased a Jeep Rubicon from a dealership that should have never passed state inspection, I had it inspected by two third parties and confronted the dealer. They did not want to spend the approx $4000 to make it safe to drive, they knew the liability was on them and they refunded the full amount plus sales tax, registration fees, and even picked up the bill for the couple weeks of insurance while it sat as the return was negotiated and a carrier could pick it up. The tax alone was over $2K... I'm guessing they wouldn't have eaten that if they didn't think they were liable. I never had to threaten legal action, or get heated with them. They handled it professionally and I'd buy another vehicle from them any day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not that it should matter, nor does the cost of the product. Fucking a customer is fucking a customer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Gemtech is really missing a golden opportunity to show the benefits of their recore program. (that is if it can be done on a centerfire can)

OP hope this gets resolved.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's funny you bring this up. Last december I purchased a Jeep Rubicon from a dealership that should have never passed state inspection, I had it inspected by two third parties and confronted the dealer. They did not want to spend the approx $4000 to make it safe to drive, they knew the liability was on them and they refunded the full amount plus sales tax, registration fees, and even picked up the bill for the couple weeks of insurance while it sat as the return was negotiated and a carrier could pick it up.
View Quote
Used product from someone not the manufacturer.  No argument that what the dealer did was excellent, my point is just that there are similar situations where a MANUFACTURER provides a "defective" product and the owner is still on the hook for "duplicate" government "taxes" even when the manufacturer replaces said product.  Further, I believe (IANAL and I don't play one on TV) that this is how the law in most states works.

Sure, there's no lemon law for suppressors, but the parallel seems pretty clear to me.  It would be nice of the manufacturer to cover the extra taxes, but I don't believe any US state has required that in the automobile arena, where they HAVE seen fit to legislate other aspects of that....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#41]
OP,  there are so many good thread on cans from other makers available.  I read your posts and understand the timing and why you have multiple AAC cans.

Honestly, since they offered a full refund of the can itself, is it worth the $400 in stamps to sue them?  Principle I understand.  But if you lose the case then you are out a ton of time and money.

If I were you I would take the refund, eat the $400 or so in fees and buy a can from someone else.  Then tell everyone interested in buying a can how much I despise a certain company that screwed me over.

You don't seem to mind spending considerable money on things so I bet that $400 is a blip on your radar screen.

There are just too many good options for direct thread 5.56 cans out there to stress over this crappy situation you are in.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Update:

There's no response from AAC nor do I expect one but there has been other response.

Another suppressor manufacturer (entirely separate company with no relation to AAC) came across this thread and reached out to me. I was offered possible repair (at their expense) and basically concluded that the repair it would need would not be as simple as thought due to design and the severity. I was then offered a deal on one of their new suppressors that I could not refuse. For them to pick up this problem says so much about their company, I can only imagine how well they must treat their own customers. I have been asked not to reveal who it is however, which is humble on their part.

Other good news, since some are so anxious and I really want to stick a further F U to AAC for dealing with this for over 4 years now... As soon as this is finalized and my attorney reviews the recording and clears it, I will be posting it. This will be a little while down the road but I will upload it as soon as it happens to ease your minds.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't understand how this wasn't repaired....

If the threads are concentric to the suppressor core, but not the mating shoulder, you should be able to put the can in a 4 jaw chuck, indicate off the core or threads themselves then cut the mating surface so that it is correct. Or maybe I'm missing something here.
View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking.  The shoulder could be squared up in minutes on a lathe.  Longest part would be swapping chucks (to a 4 jaw) and dialing it in.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll tell you one thing, this, and AAC's downhill rep means I'll never buy anything from them.

In case some companies still don't get it, I want the product you marketed and promised, in working order, and I'll pay what you ask.

If it breaks and your policy is to fix it. I expect that. If you won't/can't, I expect any and all cost I paid out of pocket to be refunded. It's my or the ATF's fault you made mistakes.

Similarly, if I fuck up and you deny fixing said product I'll understand. If I fuck up and you still fix it I'll be grateful and tell as many people as I can.

I've seen companies loose a lot of sales over their mistake which basically amounted to a couple of tanks of gas. Stupid.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Update:

There's no response from AAC nor do I expect one but there has been other response.

Another suppressor manufacturer (entirely separate company with no relation to AAC) came across this thread and reached out to me. I was offered possible repair (at their expense) and basically concluded that the repair it would need would not be as simple as thought due to design and the severity. I was then offered a deal on one of their new suppressors that I could not refuse. For them to pick up this problem says so much about their company, I can only imagine how well they must treat their own customers. I have been asked not to reveal who it is however, which is humble on their part.

Other good news, since some are so anxious and I really want to stick a further F U to AAC for dealing with this for over 4 years now... As soon as this is finalized and my attorney reviews the recording and clears it, I will be posting it. This will be a little while down the road but I will upload it as soon as it happens to ease your minds.
View Quote
Safe thread in a safe thread or are you gonna name them?
Curious minds want to know.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I really want to stick a further F U to AAC for dealing with this for over 4 years now.
View Quote
QFT - when anyone asks why OP posted this thread in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Update:

View Quote
Please tell me it's a trash panda!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#48]
TAG
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#49]
In.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#50]
After reading all this, Im glade its not a AAC sitting in jail, and a 51t screwed to my barrel.

I was minutes from ordering when my email notification came in for what I wanted.

Good Luck op
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top