User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
As a heads up, brownells has the WOA 18” spr rifle 1-7 barrel on sale for $239. With the $20 off 200 it put me at $236 shipped after tax. I’m sure AJ could have been used as well. I bought this as a spare.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
So I’m building a sorta mod 1. It’s on a DD upper and Brownells A1 Lower with an A1 stock.

If I get a 3.5-10 Leupold, will I be able to achieve the proper eye relief? I see a lot of Mod 0s have their scopes mounted way forward. Obviously won’t be able to do that with mine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:32:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hetzen:
So I’m building a sorta mod 1. It’s on a DD upper and Brownells A1 Lower with an A1 stock.

If I get a 3.5-10 Leupold, will I be able to achieve the proper eye relief? I see a lot of Mod 0s have their scopes mounted way forward. Obviously won’t be able to do that with mine.
View Quote
Yeah. Get the right mount and you'll be fine.
Mine just with 22H's, a badger or LMT will get it a little further up yet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

Mine just with 22H, a badger or LMT will get it a little further up yet.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20190326_154451_jpg-1061049.JPG
View Quote
Good to hear.

Is there a more clone correct 3.5-10? As in which version. I’m seeing a lot of them out there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#6]

Good to hear.

Is there a more clone correct 3.5-10? As in which version. I’m seeing a lot of them out there.
View Quote
My mistake, I meant Larue LT104 not LMT..

@lancecriminal86 can get into specifics with you on part numbers and whatnot. For Mod 1's the 2.5-8's I would say are the "more correct". TS30, TS30A2
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]

My mistake, I meant Larue LT104 not LMT..

@lancecriminal86 can get into specifics with you on part numbers and whatnot. For Mod 1's the 2.5-8's I would say are the "more correct". TS30, TS30A2
View Quote
I meant out of the mk4 3-10s - is there a specific model I should look for? Or are they all close enough?

I’d like parallax which is why I’m shying away from the 2.5-8.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]

I meant out of the mk4 3-10s - is there a specific model I should look for? Or are they all close enough?

View Quote
That I will leave to someone more learnt in the knowledge of scopes. The one I went with is an illuminated LR/T, M3 turrets, mil-dot reticle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
3.5-10 on a Mod 1 is rare. I think we've only seen one, maybe two wearing them. Ostensibly they're "stolen" from an earlier SPR. If so, then the correct scope is a Vari-X III Tactical 3.5-10 with two piece illumination housing, m3 turrets, and mil-dot reticle.  Any of the blended illumination housing Mk4s with the same features will provide a suitable stand-in. Current illumination housing "slab" style is post Mk12 and too new.  There are no currently produced Leupold Mk4 scopes that are 100% clone correct for a Mk12.

But if you're the kind that won't be bothered by minor little details, grab any current 3.5-10 with m2 or m3 turrets and call it a day.  It'll be a lot easier.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

3.5-10 on a Mod 1 is rare. I think we've only seen one, maybe two wearing them. Ostensibly they're "stolen" from an earlier SPR. If so, then the correct scope is a Vari-X III Tactical 3.5-10 with two piece illumination housing, m3 turrets, and mil-dot reticle.  Any of the blended illumination housing Mk4s with the same features will provide a suitable stand-in. Current illumination housing "slab" style is post Mk12 and too new.  There are no currently produced Leupold Mk4 scopes that are 100% clone correct for a Mk12.

But if you're the kind that won't be bothered by minor little details, grab any current 3.5-10 with m2 or m3 turrets and call it a day.  It'll be a lot easier.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply.

What’s a typical price for an illuminated one that I should expect to pay? Prices seem all over the place.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks for the reply.

What’s a typical price for an illuminated one that I should expect to pay? Prices seem all over the place.
View Quote
For a 3-10 I've seen them anywhere 700-1000 depending on condition where you're buying from and if it does/doesnt come with mounts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Mine just with 22H's, a badger or LMT will get it a little further up yet.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20190326_154451_jpg-1061049.JPG
View Quote
Looking good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Looking good.
View Quote
Thanks man.
Still waiting to bring the can home got a ways to go yet
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Guys,

Are most of you painting the rifle with the bipod legs fully extended?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
Hey Guys,

Are most of you painting the rifle with the bipod legs fully extended?

TIA
View Quote
I wouldn't. The fit between the bushings and legs are just enough that paint is gonna gum up the works.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I wouldn't. The fit between the bushings and legs are just enough that paint is gonna gum up the works.
View Quote
What he said. It'll bitch everything up. Ask me how I learned that lesson years ago.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 5:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#18]
Can any of the experts help me out on something I'm struggling to figure out?  I'm in the process of cloning my MK12 I used, and I was looking back on pictures and cannot for the life of me figure out what this sling mount is that was on my issued set up.  (Photo is of me, so there is no issues with permission to use the photo or anything).

Anyone know what this thing is and how I can find one?

I can't find a clear shot of it in any of my photos but I remember that this is exactly what it looked like (sat flush against the rail and had a set screw of some kind in the middle):

Link Posted: 8/21/2019 5:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#19]
CQD?

https://www.cqd.net/all-products/cqd-forward-sling-mount

ETA: Nevermind, that one attaches on top. But close.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 5:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#20]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
CQD?

https://www.cqd.net/all-products/cqd-forward-sling-mount
View Quote
Do they have different variants of it of this mount? Looks like the sling loops in toward the top of the rail

ETA: Saw your edit after I posted..
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm on it, I'll see if I can dig anything up. Never seen one like that!
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
You bridged the gap?
Didn't know dead men could post
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Are ARMS rings the only acceptable option for a mod H? What about the possibility of Nightforce rings? Badgers? Leupold?
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By hemiman:
Are ARMS rings the only acceptable option for a mod H? What about the possibility of Nightforce rings? Badgers? Leupold?
View Quote
LT-104 is what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

LT-104 is what you seek.
View Quote
LT-104s are floppy, but if the owner of KRG ran one I guess we can't say too much right?

Otherwise yeah, NF 107 rings for sure and a Badger Unimount did get used on at least one guys, and there are some around my archives. I'll dig the pics out in a little bit.

The Holland was very Run what you Brung, and folks used personal purchase stuff like rings and even optics on them, not to mention stocks and grips.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

LT-104s are floppy, but if the owner of KRG ran one I guess we can't say too much right?

Otherwise yeah, NF 107 rings for sure and a Badger Unimount did get used on at least one guys, and there are some around my archives. I'll dig the pics out in a little bit.

The Holland was very Run what you Brung, and folks used personal purchase stuff like rings and even optics on them, not to mention stocks and grips.
View Quote
Fair enough. Seems like a lot of good options, the least of all being #22H rings or the '104.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By hemiman:
View Quote
LT-104

Might be an ARMS riser and some Badger rings on the left:

NF I believe:

Badger Unimount

Same gun later with NF 107s:

More NF rings I believe:

NF again:
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#28]

LT-104
https://i.imgur.com/SIcp9uv.jpg

Might be an ARMS riser and some Badger rings on the left:
https://i.imgur.com/gwzpyy5.jpg

NF I believe:
https://i.imgur.com/zfScG3G.jpg

Badger Unimount
https://i.imgur.com/CDU1ZRv.png

Same gun later with NF 107s:
https://i.imgur.com/4Bur0G5.jpg

More NF rings I believe:
https://i.imgur.com/LsboWPT.jpg

NF again:
https://i.imgur.com/0wYV2rh.jpg
View Quote
Shit, a lot of those I hadn't seen before. In that case, I'd go with either NF rings or a Badger Uni.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I am not sure how it is/was everywhere, but in the "Group" SF Battalion that I was in, the SPRs were not really "unit" property. They were always loners from the "JOS" warehouse.

They were all tracked as a  with three serial numbers listed together as one serial number.

Lower / optic / suppressor

That doesn't really leave allot of room for the end operator to switch stuff out.

Anyways, about every 6 months, we would get new ones mailed to us, and mail the old ones back.... Sometimes it was the PRI model, others the KAC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Shit, a lot of those I hadn't seen before. In that case, I'd go with either NF rings or a Badger Uni.
View Quote
Lots of good info over in the real H thread.
The real Mod H thread
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a link to some photos someone from here put up, Mod 0, Mod 1, Mod H, ynfortunately I lost the link, wasn't on photobucket or flickr, would anyonr have the link, thanks Marty
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Lots of good info over in the real H thread.
The real Mod H thread
View Quote
Ohhh shit, now you went and did it.

Nah on a real tip, I probably should've never included the Holland in the Mk12 family. I dunno. Fuck, let's not beat that dead horse again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
I had a link to some photos someone from here put up, Mod 0, Mod 1, Mod H, ynfortunately I lost the link, wasn't on photobucket or flickr, would anyonr have the link, thanks Marty
View Quote
Mk12 Photo Archive
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#34]
MK12 cases back up on eBay.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
Mk12 Photo Archive
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Mk12 Photo Archive
Thanks thats the one, have an original vari-x iii 3.5-10x40 lr illuminated, the originals have a vertical illumination housing, couldn't remember if I ever saw one on the original MK12's
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Mk12 Photo Archive
View All Quotes
Mk12 Photo Archive
Thanks thats the one, have an original vari-x iii 3.5-10x40 lr illuminated, the originals have a vertical illumination housing, couldn't remember if I ever saw one on the original MK12's
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
I searched it minutes after you posted. Already sold.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#38]
So, question for all of you on here, starting up a Mod 0 build, just ordered up a WOA with Ops profile barrel from Brownells since it was in sale.
Only down side to it is, no flats milled onto it. I work at a machine shop so I'm curious to know if anybody knows the measurements for placement, depth and so on so I can get some flats on there for the set screw front sight block
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/22/2019 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#40]
So, SPR cases are finally starting to appear via auctions. Some cut barrel chunks with OPS collar/brake and even wheel FSB showed up. 5th Group started having their Ops cans taken away. Vari-X IIIs, TS30s, and TS30A2s are popping up in auctions.

The end is nigh gentlemen, we're seeing the final days of the SPR/Mk12.

Now, out of this we are getting better info as well. Some SPR cases out of 5th Group's 1st BN popped up, with their stickers and serial numbers and everything intact. Some Mk12 Mod 1 cases with the same popped up, from SF not USMC like the past ones. Guess what?

There are definitely H&R lower'd Mk12/SPRs out there.

SPR cases were showing as having 1999 and 2000 date code Vari-X IIIs (G and H Suffix).

There were later versions of the SOF inventory sticker, different emblem and slightly different info on them.

There seems to be different versions even of the SPR or Mod 0 foam, but we're waiting for folks to get their actual hands on those cases.

And....

We still have no fucking clue who made the bore guides. I have a contract one that probably came from a Mod 1, and yet there are no ties to the serial number by NSN, and I can't even find an LSN for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmmc] [#41]
Attachment Attached File

eBay case, very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#42]
So, SPR cases are finally starting to appear via auctions. Some cut barrel chunks with OPS collar/brake and even wheel FSB showed up. 5th Group started having their Ops cans taken away. Vari-X IIIs, TS30s, and TS30A2s are popping up in auctions.

Now, out of this we are getting better info as well. Some SPR cases out of 5th Group's 1st BN popped up, with their stickers and serial numbers and everything intact. Some Mk12 Mod 1 cases with the same popped up, from SF not USMC like the past ones. Guess what?

SPR cases were showing as having 1999 and 2000 date code Vari-X IIIs (G and H Suffix).

There were later versions of the SOF inventory sticker, different emblem and slightly different info on them.

There seems to be different versions even of the SPR or Mod 0 foam, but we're waiting for folks to get their actual hands on those cases.

And....

We still have no fucking clue who made the bore guides. I have a contract one that probably came from a Mod 1, and yet there are no ties to the serial number by NSN, and I can't even find an LSN for it.
View Quote
As always great info, I have an early g serial number illuminated vari-x iii, the early ones actually have a vertical illumination housing, perhaps I can find a pic someday of an early mod 0 with one of these scopes
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 6:11:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#43]

As always great info, I have an early g serial number illuminated vari-x iii, the early ones actually have a vertical illumination housing, perhaps I can find a pic someday of an early mod 0 with one of these scopes
View Quote
One sec.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Probably never issued, but certainly on the early prototype and that example of an otherwise issued rifle. Clone that and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#44]
One sec.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/6OHtFYw_jpg-1063686.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/SbVajRV_jpg-1063687.JPG

Probably never issued, but certainly on the early prototype and that example of an otherwise issued rifle. Clone that and you're good to go.

From LanceCriminal86's excellent gallery
https://imgur.com/a/vnZhH?
View All Quotes

One sec.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/6OHtFYw_jpg-1063686.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/SbVajRV_jpg-1063687.JPG

From LanceCriminal86's excellent gallery
https://imgur.com/a/vnZhH?
Thanks Hunterx, yup early MK12 Mod 0 is my goal, just have to find some parts
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]

And....

View Quote
Just ordered a case for my Holland....dammit I hate buzzed buying....buzzed buying is drunk buying....
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#46]

I searched it minutes after you posted. Already sold.
View Quote
@kmcale they're on there right now. I just ordered one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sbye:

View Quote
Yep.  Search usacowtown.  Sounds like they're receiving shipments regularly for the time being so if you miss out, be sure to check every couple days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#48]
Originally Posted By sbye:

View Quote
Originally Posted By THEdtw:

Yep.  Search usacowtown.  Sounds like they're receiving shipments regularly for the time being so if you miss out, be sure to check every couple days.
View Quote
Yeah I saw that theres another post on there with multiple. I was referring to the specific one that was screenshotted. It was up and gone in minutes.

Eta: now I see.. I think one I looked at yesterday was different
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Bought one of the cases after messaging the seller to ask if the foam was surplus or repro and how the cases are marked.  He said real foam and most cases are marked spr.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Dang, if I didn't already have a new 1700 I'd snatch one of those up. I wonder if the foam is all cut the same?
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top