Quoted:
Not sure that looks very comfortable.

It makes me want to put some grip covers over it

Or make an injection molded grip.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

...really?  This took someone hundreds of hours of R&D to think up?  Come on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... CNC'ed from a single piece of Billet Aluminum,it has endured 100's of hours of R&D. ...

Maybe...like an hour or two, but hundreds?  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything about this grip is FAIL.  Material, attachment, ergonomics, price... I cannot think of anything positive about it.  If this is the best they can come up with putting in a hundred hours of R&D, then they should have spent more time on it.  It makes one wonder if their R&D team works for bananas because if they work for money, they need new employment in a field better suited to their talents but I am not sure where that would be.  McDonalds maybe?

I think this grip shows what you get when you turn engineers loose to design something when the engineer knows absolutely nothing about the product, or use, that he(she) is tasked with designing.  My wife worked on lasers for 30 years and one gripe I heard over and over again, the engineers who designed these things should be made to work on them for a month before they are released for sales.  They would put lenses that need to be adjusted and cleaned on a regular basis in the most inaccessible places, making a fifteen minute job a half day long affair.
This grip has that same type of mentality written all over it and I cannot believe that Rainer did not pull the plug on that abomination from the get go.  There is NO reason, short of ignorance on the designer's part, and also the marketer's part, where one would not put a through channel drilled through the bottom so that the grip bolt can be reached easily and quickly. This business of using the short leg of an Allen wrench and doing a quarter turn at a time shows the complete lack of understanding the engineer has for the part he(she) designed or the marketer's knowledge of the product they are selling.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That fact that all of us are actually agreeing that this thing sucks should speak volumes for it's horrible design.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
No kidding.  When was the last time we reached a consensus on anything?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That fact that all of us are actually agreeing that this thing sucks should speak volumes for it's horrible design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
No kidding.  When was the last time we reached a consensus on anything?

Get both?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Ummmmm...........
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure that looks very comfortable.

It makes me want to put some grip covers over it

Or use one of the many, many other options available now that aren't absolutely moronic grips like the one in the OP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I will admit, the thread title had me intrigued. I don't even mind what appears to be a difficult method of attachment, since I usually don't take my grips back off once installed. But the finger notch/nub is ridiculous, and that piss poor job of aligning the grip to the receiver at the trigger guard is asinine. Coupled with the price tag? Rainier, I hope you have a good return policy with your vendors.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe they just made these to test out some new CNC machines and they are actually working on something much better

Or not
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, personally, I like it.   Let's say, you find yourself standing in a pile of hot brass, totally Out of Ammo, but the Goblin hordes are still advancing, but you misplaced your Bayo.      Grab the weapon by it's smoking hot barrel, and give it a mighty overhead swing.    The first G that reaches your position?   it's Coloring books for Christmas.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't like the design or the aesthetics.
1. It adds some weight
2. IMO it doesn't blend well with the look of the rifle
3. In cold weather, that grip may add some shooting discomfort
4. Its the most expensive grip on the market
5. My M4 rifle grips have removable cleaning kits. On some grips there is a storage compartment there
6. In a panic situation your fingers may get caught in it slowing down your response time.
7. Another open area for something to get caught in
8. It does nothing for rifle function or offer any improvement to the grip
9. It does nothing to improve accuracy
10. The grip is a great electrical conductor and If your rifle barrel contacts an electric fence  the charge goes directly into your hands

No Thanks.    I will stay with poly, fiber or plastic pistol grips
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, personally, I like it.   Let's say, you find yourself standing in a pile of hot brass, totally Out of Ammo, but the Goblin hordes are still advancing, but you misplaced your Bayo.      Grab the weapon by it's smoking hot barrel, and give it a mighty overhead swing.    The first G that reaches your position?   it's Coloring books for Christmas.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that situation it makes perfect sense, but when was the last time you saw a Goblin?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't like the design or the aesthetics.
1. It adds some weight
2. IMO it doesn't blend well with the look of the rifle
3. In cold weather, that grip may add some shooting discomfort
4. Its the most expensive grip on the market
5. My M4 rifle grips have removable cleaning kits. On some grips there is a storage compartment there
6. In a panic situation your fingers may get caught in it slowing down your response time.
7. Another open area for something to get caught in
8. It does nothing for rifle function or offer any improvement to the grip
9. It does nothing to improve accuracy
10. The grip is a great electrical conductor and If your rifle barrel contacts an electric fence  the charge goes directly into your hands

No Thanks.    I will stay with poly, fiber or plastic pistol grips
View Quote

Wow, put a bit more thought into it than the rest of us.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
This is for real?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an aluminum shift knob in a couple of my cars.  In the winter I can't touch the f*cking thing without gloves, and in the summer... I can't touch the f*cking thing without gloves.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In that situation it makes perfect sense, but when was the last time you saw a Goblin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been into GD at all...?

Yucky grip. Bad grip. Get-a-grip.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

RIGHT!

That said I just wanted to give some feedback on this grip from what I see. From what I see I wouldn't even think twice about buying this.

Why would they replicate the A2 grip? I buy grips to get away from that design, it's no where near as comfortable as say the angle of the BCM or K2.

Tthe area where the receiver ears and back of the trigger guard met the grip, well the grip looks as though it's not matched to the lower. Looks like it would NOT be comfortable to hold at all.

The price, ridiculous.

Think I'll just stuck with BCM's and MOE's! :)

Hopefully you guys didn't buy too many of these! :D

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow...has anything ever been so thoroughly disliked as this grip?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, yes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actually, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes.

Someone needs to collect all these retarded things and put them all on one AR. This grip, the paintball double trigger, beowulfX, that rotating quad rail, etc. Would be most awesomest AR!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Someone needs to collect all these retarded things and put them all on one AR. This grip, the paintball double trigger, beowulfX, that rotating quad rail, etc. Would be most awesomest AR!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes.

Funny how most of those things are made from aluminum
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes.

Great idea!!!  Start of gofundme page and get to work man!  Make the most undesirable AR ever conceived of by man
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes.

Beowulf X comes to mind.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Rainman designed a grip? Sweet! He's an excellent designer.

As soon as the Costa version is available I am buying 12.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#27]
They just need to sell that design to Fortis.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I cannot believe this thread is still going...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me either. Usually Rainier has a small cult following that defends every over priced thing they sell. Maybe everyone actually agrees this is ridiculous
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heck, it even spilled over into another thread, accidentally.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Posts like the one quoted here help explain this mystery.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I have one of these but the different version and like it a lot.  Easy to install with a ball end allen wrench.  I like that it allows my fingers to go inside the grip,sounds weird but feels very secure imo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have one of these but the different version and like it a lot.  Easy to install with a ball end allen wrench.  I like that it allows my fingers to go inside the grip,sounds weird but feels very secure imo.
<a href="http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Garradmiller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151013_8857.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k514/Garradmiller/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151013_8857.jpg</a>
View Quote

To each his own I guess. But honestly, that is one of the strangest AR's I think I've ever seen. Word of caution, if you are ever doing anything worthy of using that red dot (close quarter stuff) be really careful. It looks like your trigger guard is missing. You wouldn't want to shoot the guy in front of you in the back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Garradmiller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151013_8857.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k514/Garradmiller/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151013_8857.jpg</a>
View Quote

Do you have any second knuckle skin left?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saved all that weight on the handguard and and upper and added it back with a billet grip
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

To each his own I guess. But honestly, that is one of the strangest AR's I think I've ever seen. Word of caution, if you are ever doing anything worthy of using that red dot (close quarter stuff) be really careful. It looks like your trigger guard is missing. You wouldn't want to shoot the guy in front of you in the back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger guard isn't missing
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knuckles are just fine the grip is comfortable
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Saved all that weight on the handguard and and upper and added it back with a billet grip
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The weight is fine and a few ounces one way or the other wouldn't change anything. What's your point?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The weight is fine and a few ounces one way or the other wouldn't change anything. What's your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That you spent money on lightweight components for everything but the grip, which seems a little odd...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That you spent money on lightweight components for everything but the grip, which seems a little odd...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to spend money on all components... That's a $55 handguard and a $60 upper. Not expensive fancy lightweight parts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Deleted and banned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Why hello there, shill!

How about no aluminum grips EVER

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great Question
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... CNC'ed from a single piece of Billet Aluminum,it has endured 100's of hours of R&D. ...

I think they were counting it as R&D time while they were playing Minecraft with the drafting software open in the background.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Why hello there, shill!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why hello there, shill!

Funny how there have been a lot of long time (several years) lurkers making their first posts recently.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Why hello there, shill!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why hello there, shill!

The POS is $121

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The POS is $121
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why hello there, shill!

The POS is $121

Their product, their choice.

Still doesn't make it any less ridiculous or outlandish.

I could purchase 5 or 6 Magpul grips for that price.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It's hard to even know where to begin as to why that grip and the one in the OP are such stunningly moronic products.

They're both so riddled with disadvantages it's as though disadvantages were actually the goal of both designs.

I'm sure there are a few bonafide out there that'll exchange money for one or the other, which is an interesting demographic to target product designs to.

I guess for the same reason short buses have seats......there's always an ass to occupy a particular space.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top