BTT to see if anyone got one yet?
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#2]
as long as they work well ill be buying one once the ambi's come out,
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's exciting.   I've looked at this trigger over and over again and I'm still hesitant to order one until I see some more first hand reviews.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my order show complete and i gott e mail at 6 pm said mine would be shipped on first shipment today have my fingures crossed my number is under 170

great to hear,  lets get some real first hand review on here ASAP please!!!

That's exciting.   I've looked at this trigger over and over again and I'm still hesitant to order one until I see some more first hand reviews.

From someone who had an account and lots of sensible posts, before the trigger was introduced
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't wait until everyone starts getting their triggers! I want lots of video!
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
my order show complete and i gott e mail at 6 pm said mine would be shipped on first shipment today have my fingures crossed my number is under 170
View Quote

I am number 42 and my order still shows pending, no emails or updates since initial receipt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm working on some stuff.

Gotta talk to a lawyer first.

Will keep you all posted.  

Anyone interested should PM me so if and when I get around to this, I can get back to you all and also create a thread particularly for this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
then it time to get going with kickstarter then ;)

Anyone interested should PM me so if and when I get around to this, I can get back to you all and also create a thread particularly for this.

Hi  "brodband8"

Is there any news yet to make it as a kit ???
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am number 42 and my order still shows pending, no emails or updates since initial receipt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Order #154 here and no word yet either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This guy just trying to rock the boat funny, he got no email from Tac-Con
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
What happened to the 36 page thread on this?  It was under new products and now it does not exist.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What happened to the 36 page thread on this?  It was under new products and now it does not exist.
View Quote

It's up to 37 now at AR Discussions
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My order is less than 100 and still nothing. I am starting to get worried its vaporware.
View Quote

maybe i'm just being overly optimistic, but it's not like these things aren't already out there.  these guys are selling rifles already with the trigger in them through an exclusive deal.  

http://www.kearms.com/usm4-products

there was one on gunbroker for sale last week that some guys bought a USM4 rifle to remove the trigger for reviews.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone got their trigger yet ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hi  "brodband8"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
then it time to get going with kickstarter then ;)

Hi  "brodband8"

Not entirely.  I have been busy as of late with Christmas/grandfather passing, but will keep you all posted.  I will eventually create a thread specifically for this and link you all to it.

thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm starting to wonder if they are a division of KelTec, or at least they must of hired their PR firm.
It's KelTecs marketing at its finest, build a half a dozen, let everyone know they are making them, generate lots of hype, wait awhile (90 days-2yrs), slowly start trickling a few a week onto the market.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I sent them an email yesterday asking the estimated shipping time. I'm number 90.  The response I received was that they hoped to have it shipped Monday.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm starting to wonder if they are a division of KelTec, or at least they must of hired their PR firm.
It's KelTecs marketing at its finest, build a half a dozen, let everyone know they are making them, generate lots of hype, wait awhile (90 days-2yrs), slowly start trickling a few a week onto the market.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I was thinking of this possibility. It makes the most sense considering a couple million dollars is what is needed to start up the production so there is no out of pocket on their end (cash neutral). On a small scale, a guy I knew did this selling LCD televisions at cost so he could start up his internet café business. Delivered the TV's 6 months later. We were never friends. Then there was the other possibility of some kind of new law for 2014 effecting this type of device which means that they shut the doors until the legal battle ends.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#18]
^^ So true

Maybe Keltec owns TAC-CON

On a serious note... it doesn't look good when they can't live up to the promise they made with these being ready to go by end of December
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
^^ So true

Maybe Keltec owns TAC-CON

On a serious note... it doesn't look good when they can't live up to the promise they made with these being ready to go by end of December
View Quote

I'd hardly consider them saying they "should" be shipping by a certain date a promise.  I have been follow these threads and others across the net very well and I have yet to see them promise anything to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#20]
For what it's worth, I hope you all get your triggers, and I hope they live up to all this hype. I am in the boat with the posters that can't afford to drop $500 on an unproven(and new) trigger. I will, however, get in the rear of the line if EVERYONE that bought one and gets it and it works as advertised. Sometimes it's best to be the turtle, and not the rabbit. Just my opinion, and I wish you all the best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, I hope you all get your triggers, and I hope they live up to all this hype. I am in the boat with the posters that can't afford to drop $500 on an unproven(and new) trigger. I will, however, get in the rear of the line if EVERYONE that bought one and gets it and it works as advertised. Sometimes it's best to be the turtle, and not the rabbit. Just my opinion, and I wish you all the best of luck.
View Quote

This is my stance. I'm not ready to buy one yet but I believe the trigger is exactly what it is advertised to be. What I hope is that others understand what exactly this trigger is and dont wind up with $500 of disappointment because they thought it was something it is not and by law, cannot be.
In the other thread I posted that I had email these guys and asked if there was a learning curve. The answer was a definite yes. To me that speaks volumes. If you have to learn to use a trigger then you must use it correctly every time. There are going to be days where many of us are out on the range and not able to get this thing going and its going to be frustrating and extremely expensive to improve our use of it. I don't have the time or money to throw at something I may never get the "hang of".
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys just need to be patient. I didn't drop the money, but I know when you pay for something, it gets increasingly harder to wait for the satisfaction.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You guys just need to be patient. I didn't drop the money, but I know when you pay for something, it gets increasingly harder to wait for the satisfaction.
View Quote

I'm hardened to this.
NFA items have broken me of being impatient.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#24]
i spoke with a guy at taccon last night this is the second time i was told they would be shipping the first batch and still no tracking number if anyone lives close to the tacfire shop i wish they would drop by and find out what is going on they have had my money for to long with no product just talk .
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Little bit of a tease but wanted to check in. This is my first post here but I am also anxious about this product and wanted to share some good news.

Tomorrow I will be test firing the tac con trigger in both 223 and 9mm carbine setup.

The unit I'll be using tomorrow is prior to the preordered units. I also preordered. Order number ~800 and have yet to receive.

With that said, I do have experience with most calibers of machine guns and the slide fire. I'm looking forward to comparing this product.

Knowing the level of interest is high ill do my best to provide feedback tomorrow evening.

Regards,
Doug

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i spoke with a guy at taccon last night this is the second time i was told they would be shipping the first batch and still no tracking number if anyone lives close to the tacfire shop i wish they would drop by and find out what is going on they have had my money for to long with no product just talk .
View Quote

Have they charged your CC?

I pre ordered but my a hasn't been charged yet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Little bit of a tease but wanted to check in. This is my first post here but I am also anxious about this product and wanted to share some good news.

Tomorrow I will be test firing the tac con trigger in both 223 and 9mm carbine setup.

The unit I'll be using tomorrow is prior to the preordered units. I also preordered. Order number ~800 and have yet to receive.

With that said, I do have experience with most calibers of machine guns and the slide fire. I'm looking forward to comparing this product.

Knowing the level of interest is high ill do my best to provide feedback tomorrow evening.

Regards,
Doug
View Quote

Your review is greatly anticipated. Skip work, dont eat, run stoplights. Whatever it takes, just tell us what you think of it asap.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your review is greatly anticipated. Skip work, dont eat, run stoplights. Whatever it takes, just tell us what you think of it asap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Doug

Lol. I'll be heading to a friends gun shop range with trigger in tow around 3pm cst. So a few hours and some fun i should have something to share.

Stay tuned. - Doug
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lol. I'll be heading to a friends gun shop range with trigger in tow around 3pm cst. So a few hours and some fun i should have something to share.

Stay tuned. - Doug
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Doug

Stay tuned. - Doug

I don't know if you can swing it but some unedited video sure would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
IN for the AAR
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Regards,

Doug
View Quote
That will be interesting to see.
It's also interesting how many people have access to this trigger, that are just happening to make their first posts on this site about it...

What's your relationship to the company?

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's also interesting how many people have access to this trigger, that are just happening to make their first posts on this site about it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Doug

I'm having a hard time deciding if it's a case of the new trigger driving membership, retreads trolling the masses, or 100% pure shilling at its best
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#33]
The finely sculpted structure of some of these posts is what bothers me. Im not saying this trigger isnt coming out, I am saying those who ordered will be waiting a while, thats all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup, ugly selector. Can another be used.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Progress update. I just received a voicemail from taccon letting me know my trigger is ready to be shipped. Order #154 here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Progress update. I just received a voicemail from taccon letting me know my trigger is ready to be shipped. Order #154 here.
View Quote

i really don't think a company is going to take time out on a saturday to call a customer.  i know this is my first post but I have been following this thread and the now 40 page thread going on.  the gunbroker auction that was going on said the triggers weren't going to be shipping until after SHOT which starts on the 14th
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

i really don't think a company is going to take time out on a saturday to call a customer.  i know this is my first post but I have been following this thread and the now 40 page thread going on.  the gunbroker auction that was going on said the triggers weren't going to be shipping until after SHOT which starts on the 14th
View Quote

I think you need to read closer...  The gun broker add says "The pre-order 3MR triggers will not be out until well after SHOT Show, so be the first at your range with this hot new item !!!"

I am not saying that the fact that we have only seen two SNs isn't weird.  For all I know the only ones that exist are SNs 102 and 200, and we haven't even seen proof that they even work in a firearm.  I think a company that has pre-sold over a 1.5 million dollars in just over a month might have someone in the office on a Saturday, but who knows...  time will tell.

With that said I pre-ordered anyway...  lol  

-CoryF

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your calling me a liar?  Am I understanding your response properly?  It doesn't benefit me at all to make a false claim that I received an unsolicited call from taccon with word that my triggers ready to be shipped. I am a firm believer in contributing positively to a forum community that I am a part of be it a ground breaking contribution or just a small helpful bit of information like that which I have just received.

Thank you for your useless contribution to the subject matter in this thread. Have a good evening.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#39]
oh i pre-ordered, it is only an order number and a place in line not a serial number of the trigger that you are getting.  remember KEARMS is already selling the 3MR triggers in their AR's and there are some people that have ordered multiple triggers on one order.  your order number is just a place holder for when they start shipping them to everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
oh i pre-ordered, it is only an order number and a place in line not a serial number of the trigger that you are getting.  remember KEARMS is already selling the 3MR triggers in their AR's and there are some people that have ordered multiple triggers on one order.  your order number is just a place holder for when they start shipping them to everyone else.
View Quote

You pre ordered too, so did at least 2,600 other people. Do you want a cookie?  I never stated my order # was a serial # so what is your point?  Nice to see you made an account specifically to argue and discredit another members posted information. If this is how your going to conduct yourself on this forum, please do the community a solid and delete your account.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So your calling me a liar?  Am I understanding your response properly?  It doesn't benefit me at all to make a false claim that I received an unsolicited call from taccon with word that my triggers ready to be shipped. I am a firm believer in contributing positively to a forum community that I am a part of be it a ground breaking contribution or just a small helpful bit of information like that which I have just received.

Thank you for your useless contribution to the subject matter in this thread. Have a good evening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the same call today (order number 90). The guy was very polite on the phone
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I got the same call today (order number 90). The guy was very polite on the phone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are the third person to claim this so don't be surprised if they call you a liar
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You are the third person to claim this so don't be surprised if they call you a liar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't make much sense to me. Would it be easier to accept false bad news then honest good news? I didn't make any outrageous claims here.  I made my account last year before I even knew this product existed. That alone should aid in credibility for information I have and may continue to post about this trigger in the future.  This is a good example as to why our government is able to kick we the people in the junk with no reprocussions. We're too preoccupied with petty and unnecessary b.s. Arguments amongst ourselves....
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That doesn't make much sense to me. Would it be easier to accept false bad news then honest good news? I didn't make any outrageous claims here.
View Quote

I think he's having a hard time believing you because 2 or 3 days ago, someone else was told their trigger was shipping "tomorrow".   Then someone else with a sub200 order was told their trigger was ready for shipping yesterday (maybe 2 days ago now).
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Hi all,

The test shoot was successful and below is my observations. I also included a close up of me shooting to see the trigger action. More importantly, I included video of a very talented gun smith explaining how to use the trigger. Keep in mind the videos where taken with a cell phone and posted by one of the guys at the gun shop where we did the testing.

Guns used was a 223 with oss suppressor which was the one in the video. We did add a rail guard halfway thru due to heat. We also shot the trigger in 300 blackout sbr with integral suppressor. Lastly, we shot the trigger in a 9mm carbine. The trigger was sub 400 serial number.

First observation was semi performs as expected from a quality trigger. The tac con mode does perform rapid fire as shown in the marketing videos from the company. The tac con mode does have a learning curve. To compare this to the slide fire, my experience is the slide fire is easier to learn and perform full mag dumps. With experience, I would expect the tac con mode can perform the same.

The tac con rate of fire on the ar platform both in 223 and 300blk performed the same. To compare to slide fire the rate of fire with tac con is slower, but again with experience this may be able to be increased.

Lastly, we installed the trigger in a 9mm carbine. This test did not go well. The rate of fire had increased to more than double of what was achieved previously. This we believe had caused a premature firing of the bullet before it was completely seated in the barrel. The result was dangerous and damaged my upper. I would recommend anyone planning to use this trigger outside of the typical ar lower, contact both tac con and the gun manufacture prior for guidance. I opted to not post the gun we used for this test as the failure could have been for a number of reasons.

My personal summary and opinion:
Tac con and slide fire have done a great job bringing a kinda-sorta machine gun to the those who like to play. Both products work completely different and have their place, again for those that like this type of fun.

I will be keeping my slide fire and look forward to receiving the tac con. Both will have a place in my collection of fun.

Now for the good stuff. Videos.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_151900_zps3eaff058.mp4

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/lazy21_photo/?action=view¤t=20140104_152634_zps4258a33a.mp4

Regards,
Doug
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for posting - very interested in this for a build I'm playing with in my head.

Getting this message on those links, though:
lazy21_photo's Library is Private.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Give me a sec to find out whats going on with the links
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#49]
They are trying to get the video links to work, stay tuned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Give me a sec to find out whats going on with the links
View Quote

It's kinda weird. If I copy n paste from the ar fourm it gives the error message.

If I copy n paste the link from your email, it works fine?

Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top