Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2007
  • Posts 2042
  • EE 100% (50)
USA CO, USA
Posted: 11/13/2013 6:23:26 AM EST
Looks interesting...another trigger hitting the market soon - Tactical Fire Control. I'm curious to know how the 3 position safety works on this bad boy

Video

1341 Tractor fixer upper
Bronze
  • Joined Oct 2012
  • Posts 482
  • EE 100% (1)
USA TX, USA
NRAMilitary
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:38:32 AM EST
hmmmm. Very interesting!
Semper Fi
Basic
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Posts 17
  • EE 0% (0)
USA CA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:14:02 AM EST
Shut up and take my money!

Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2012
  • Posts 164
  • EE 100% (9)
USA OR, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:17:08 AM EST
Question:

If my current trigger is not broken.......... Should I fix it?

Basic
  • Joined Jun 2007
  • Posts 10
  • EE 0% (0)
USA PA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:23:25 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HoboHilton:
Question:

If my current trigger is not broken.......... Should I fix it?
View Quote

Yes! If that trigger is reliable I'm buying a few. I want some more info, though.

Hurry up and wait.
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 194
  • EE 0% (0)
USA USA
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:40:01 AM EST
I just peed a little.
"You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit, and Jack just left town."
Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 799
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:48:58 AM EST
I need a little clarification on what I'm seeing. Is this basically a 4 1/2 lb single stage that can be toggled to something like the geissele sg-3?
I need a couple of the old style clamps for troy folding sights.
Hurry up and wait.
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 195
  • EE 0% (0)
USA USA
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:57:58 AM EST
The video looks like the third stage is a lighter pull with no take up and a really short reset, I'm really interested to learn more about this bad boy. If it winds up being 300 + dollars for a new take on drop in triggers I may lose said interest though.
"You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Shit, and Jack just left town."
Basic
  • Joined Jun 2012
  • Posts 28
  • EE 0% (0)
USA USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:00:45 AM EST
I heard $500 elsewhere, but saw no link or anything concrete. That's way too much in my opinion, but they'll still sell the, I'm sure.

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 800
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:09:15 AM EST
I'd pay $300 no problem once I see for sure it won't become an issue with the man. I have no desire to have my toys taken away or any life vacations in really small hotel rooms.
Bit-Brit
Bronze
  • Joined Jul 2011
  • Posts 558
  • EE 100% (26)
USA VA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:29:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By drop11:
I'd pay $300 no problem once I see for sure it won't become an issue with the man. I have no desire to have my toys taken away or any life vacations in really small hotel rooms.
View Quote

This but if this isn't going to be a problem i'm 100% in

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 73
  • EE 100% (10)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:30:01 AM EST
So the old "semi" is a standard nice 4.5 lb trigger ? then the "auto" is a super light trigger for fast shots?

Sounds cool to me.. any word on availability? Will it fit in standard lowers?

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 801
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:39:24 AM EST
Actually from the limited info I've found the reset forces you finger forward. Meaning you keep constant pressure on the trigger and the gun just keeps on shooting. I want it badly but it sure is floating on the boarder of criminal.
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 74
  • EE 100% (10)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:42:45 AM EST
HA!! sign me up!!

Bit-Brit
Bronze
  • Joined Jul 2011
  • Posts 559
  • EE 100% (26)
USA VA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:43:42 AM EST
Once we get some firm info on the price point i will be more interested.

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 75
  • EE 100% (10)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:47:19 AM EST
i would be willing to spend 300, not a cent more...

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 802
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:47:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By Aeneas2020:
Once we get some firm info on the price point i will be more interested.
View Quote

I'm with you on that however if it is reliable and works how I think it does and the atf gives it the go ahead I have a feeling a $500 price tag won't stand in my way.
Basic
  • Joined Mar 2013
  • Posts 231
  • EE 100% (1)
USA PA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:56:14 AM EST
Actually from the limited info I've found the reset forces you finger forward. Meaning you keep constant pressure on the trigger and the gun just keeps on shooting. I want it badly but it sure is floating on the boarder of criminal.
View Quote

So it's like a bump fire trigger, using only the slight recoil of an AR?

Basic
  • Joined May 2011
  • Posts 62
  • EE 100% (1)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:58:03 AM EST
Wow three diff topics on the same thing in three diff sections . One here, one in buid it yourself, and one in Rifles,uppers, barrels, and more. Spamming a new product are we?

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 803
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:59:48 AM EST
Not if I understand it correctly. The triggers reset forces you finger forward after each shot. All you have to do is keep squeezing. The recoil has nothing to do with it.
Basic
  • Joined Mar 2013
  • Posts 232
  • EE 100% (1)
USA PA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:04:24 AM EST
Not if I understand it correctly. The triggers reset forces you finger forward after each shot. All you have to do is keep squeezing. The recoil has nothing to do with it.
View Quote

Hmmmm, maybe a spring loaded safety selector? Hence the 3rd setting, rotating the spring loaded section into place.

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 76
  • EE 100% (10)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:10:56 AM EST
just got off the phone with the sales representative, they said they did not anticipate this type of reaction from the public. He stated the price point they are looking at is 495 retail... kinda high, but given how small they are it makes sense considering the demand for the product already. Pre-orders will start dec 1st but they don't yet have a date they will begin shipping as they are still working stuff out with some manufacturers.

The fact that he called me back right away after i emailed him 15 minutes ago says a lot about these guys. I will be watching them closely.

Bronze
  • Joined Jul 2012
  • Posts 2507
  • EE 100% (317)
USA GA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:28:01 AM EST
To me, it doesn't look like the force of your finger holding the trigger back keeps the action going. I noticed that the shooter slowed down near the end on two of the mag dumps. Could muscle fatigue be in play on a very light trigger with a very strong but short reset?

Anyways, I'm still subscribing to this thread to find out what the "tech" is. If it is a variation of a slide fire type action, but localized to the trigger group, I'm in!

Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2013
  • Posts 804
  • EE 100% (6)
USA LA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:30:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By fallout15:
just got off the phone with the sales representative, they said they did not anticipate this type of reaction from the public. He stated the price point they are looking at is 495 retail... kinda high, but given how small they are it makes sense considering the demand for the product already. Pre-orders will start dec 1st but they don't yet have a date they will begin shipping as they are still working stuff out with some manufacturers.

The fact that he called me back right away after i emailed him 15 minutes ago says a lot about these guys. I will be watching them closely.
View Quote

If it works in don't know why they wouldn't have expected all the interest. As close to full auto as you can get without a silly stock to boot. What's not to like
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!
Bronze
  • Joined Jun 2007
  • Posts 8296
  • EE 0% (0)
USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:44:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By fallout15:

View Quote

495 kind of steep IMO but cool idea in principal I will wait for others to jump on and do testing before I switch. But it is intriguing and finally something new that is kind of a good idea in principal.
I was born an AR in my hands. Behind the gun I will make my final stand, and that is why they call me .... bad company I cannot deny.... Bad company till the day I die.
Basic
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Posts 6
  • EE 0% (0)
USA FL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:13:13 AM EST
Fallout...when u were in the phone w them...did u ask or did they mention how it works...lots of interest and speculation w this trigger, so I was just curious if they went into specifics????

Basic
  • Joined Jul 2006
  • Posts 966
  • EE 100% (15)
USA OH, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:44:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/13/2013 11:05:29 AM EST by Spartikis]
3 Mode Drop-In Trigger
3rd Mode Has a Positive Reset Characteristic
Semi Auto is a Single-Stage 4 1/2 Pound Pull Rate
Offers Zero Take-Up & No Overtravel
Components are Full EDM & CNC’d in House
Components are Coated with NP3 (Nickel Teflon)
3 Mode Billet Selector Included
BATFE Compliant/Non-NFA
View Quote

Thats from their website, to me it sounds like its more than just a "light trigger" being used to bump fire. The third stage appears to be some sort of spring that forces contact with the trigger finger.

I wonder if the BATFE will go back on their approval letter a few months from now, just like they did with that akins accelerator back in 05', especially if it ends up being extremely popular and draws a lot of attention.

Basic
  • Joined Apr 2008
  • Posts 285
  • EE 0% (0)
USA AR, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:57:46 AM EST

Bit-Brit
Bronze
  • Joined Jul 2011
  • Posts 560
  • EE 100% (26)
USA VA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:05:24 AM EST
i'll be keen to see if there is any men in dark suits all over this product very quickly. I hope not but oh well. $495 is a little steep for me but maybe if they come down to the $300 or so range i'd be interested.

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 77
  • EE 100% (10)
USA IL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:33:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By poff09:
Fallout...when u were in the phone w them...did u ask or did they mention how it works...lots of interest and speculation w this trigger, so I was just curious if they went into specifics????
View Quote

I did not ask, but it is easy enough to contact them... From my understanding the 3rd setting has a spring loaded reset so its almost like a mini slide fire stock. the pressure of your finger sets the firearm off, then the trigger itself pushes your finger back to reset. Just like a slide fire.

I agree we need more info and more videos to prove it works.

Bronze
  • Joined Sep 2006
  • Posts 9839
  • EE 100% (201)
USA SC, USA
Military
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:07:53 PM EST
Haven't watched the videos, but based on the comments in this thread it's not my bag for $495, but considering that people pay $350 for the Slidefire stock, and you've gotta have some money to burn if you're going to be blasting that much ammunition bump-firing, I don't think, assuming no legal problems, if it works similarly to the Slidefire, I think that they'll get $495 easy.

I have been interested in a while, however, in a selectable trigger that can go from single stage to two stage, kind of the like the Geissele SSF, but without the automatic fire capability. You could install it in a short-throw design, full ninety degree rotation for single stage - click back to forty-five degrees for a two-stage match trigger pull, or something. ::shrug::

~Augee

Hurry up and wait.
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 196
  • EE 0% (0)
USA USA
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:16:38 PM EST
$495, ouch... They are still going to sell I'm sure, but damn. If they could get that price down to the $250 range I'd be all over it. They'd also probably be backordered for infinity.
Basic
  • Joined May 2010
  • Posts 1009
  • EE 100% (8)
USA WA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:41:31 PM EST
Very interesting. I'm not really into shooting full auto, but if it was closer to the $200 or maybe even $300 I might pick one up for a .22 for fun. Definitely seems like a gray area, but if it is saying BATFE approved..

I wonder if squeezing hard enough would override this "reset" it has, and that is what keeps it legal as 'one bullet per trigger pull' ?

Regardless, pretty nifty - and it doesn't look hideous, add weight and have a 'weird' operation like a slide-fire stock.

Basic
  • Joined May 2012
  • Posts 1825
  • EE 100% (141)
USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:58:15 PM EST
If I have to be picky, I would particularly dislike the trigger itself. Looks very thin and this, though different in application, falls into the same catergory as the slidefire to me....both do what they advertise (so it seems) but both are toys.

Basic
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Posts 7
  • EE 0% (0)
USA FL, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 1:34:37 PM EST
I don't really have the $500 to throw down on this trigger...but I don't really think it's that bad of a price...especially if the 4.5lb single action pull is crisp like some of the other high-end triggers

If u break it down it "kinda" makes sense...
What does ur favorite trigger cost? (Gisselle..timney..Wilson)
Then add slide fire ( if ur into full-auto....and really who's not into full-auto)

Not to mention it's kinda cheap compared to other accessories like high end optics (trijicon..aimpoint..eotech)...and really $500 is nothing when u compare it to a true full-auto that can reach $10,000

I guess it's just different strokes for different folks....I guess we'll have to see what kind of quality it is to make sure

Bit-Brit
Bronze
  • Joined Jul 2011
  • Posts 561
  • EE 100% (26)
USA VA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 1:56:26 PM EST
I don't really have the $500 to throw down on this trigger...but I don't really think it's that bad of a price...especially if the 4.5lb single action pull is crisp like some of the other high-end triggers

Then add slide fire ( if ur into full-auto....and really who's not into full-auto)

Not to mention it's kinda cheap compared to other accessories like high end optics (trijicon..aimpoint..eotech)...and really $500 is nothing when u compare it to a true full-auto that can reach $10,000

I guess it's just different strokes for different folks....I guess we'll have to see what kind of quality it is to make sure
View Quote

I agree with all your points however my hesitancy to throw down $500 is based on the fact that it's a new product, so i have no idea on it's reliability or function (not saying it's bad it's just an unknown at this point).

Secondly until I know 100% that there is no legal issues with these i won't be purchasing one. I'd hate to buy something only to have to hand it in a month or two later.

However if neither of those things are an issue and I happen to have some "fun" money i might consider it.

Basic
  • Joined Jul 2006
  • Posts 967
  • EE 100% (15)
USA OH, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 3:49:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/13/2013 3:59:18 PM EST by Spartikis]

I agree with all your points however my hesitancy to throw down $500 is based on the fact that it's a new product, so i have no idea on it's reliability or function (not saying it's bad it's just an unknown at this point).

Secondly until I know 100% that there is no legal issues with these i won't be purchasing one. I'd hate to buy something only to have to hand it in a month or two later.

However if neither of those things are an issue and I happen to have some "fun" money i might consider it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The price is decent, just to have a full auto weapon transferred is $200 plus the fact that u can just drop the trigger in or out of any ar15 is cool. The legal aspect worries me, If this trigger becomes popular and draws a gear deal of attention, in particular political attention I can see the batf being forced by the anti gun crowd to do something about it.

Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2009
  • Posts 1748
  • EE 98% (56)
USA SC, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 4:31:37 PM EST
I like the selectable trigger part, but not the bump fire part.

Guys who have the cash to bump fire at berms all day with their friends, will easily buy this for $500.

Basic
  • Joined Dec 2012
  • Posts 702
  • EE 100% (18)
USA KS, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:25:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

The price is decent, just to have a full auto weapon transferred is $200 plus the fact that u can just drop the trigger in or out of any ar15 is cool. The legal aspect worries me, If this trigger becomes popular and draws a gear deal of attention, in particular political attention I can see the batf being forced by the anti gun crowd to do something about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

if the price is truly going to be around $500 bucks, I wouldn't be to worried about it becoming overly popular. Most people outside of this forum only spend around $700 on their bushmaster to start with. However, we still aren't even sure how this thing works, so we might be getting all excited for nothing.

Hurry up and wait.
Bronze
  • Joined Aug 2008
  • Posts 200
  • EE 0% (0)
USA USA
NRAInstructorMilitary
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:28:52 PM EST
If you work in a field that requires or allows the use of an AR platform I could see the benefit in using this is training in the use of suppressive fire. (However unlikely the scenario requiring it would be, it doesn't hurt to train for it.)
Basic
  • Joined Jul 2012
  • Posts 641
  • EE 100% (23)
USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:42:04 PM EST
In the video the trigger equipped AR looks more controllable than the slidefire stock. As far as a $500 price tag... I think that the price of the trigger will pale in comparison to your new ammo bill.

Basic
  • Joined Jul 2006
  • Posts 968
  • EE 100% (15)
USA OH, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:26:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/13/2013 6:27:38 PM EST by Spartikis]
Originally Posted By Brutus2:
In the video the trigger equipped AR looks more controllable than the slidefire stock. As far as a $500 price tag... I think that the price of the trigger will pale in comparison to your new ammo bill.
View Quote

No kidding, I would have to make sure I got a rifle that like wolf steel ammo. Although it doesn't shoot as fast as a full auto m16/m4, maybe half the cycle rate, but I've only got one 2 min long video to base that on. It doesn't appear to have any control or accuracy issues like the slide fire does.

Basic
  • Joined Jan 2009
  • Posts 2612
  • EE 100% (76)
USA NJ, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:36:11 PM EST
I'd buy one if a little cheaper

Basic
  • Joined Feb 2008
  • Posts 1313
  • EE 100% (10)
USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:17:40 PM EST
Everyone on here who says 500 is steep is kidding themselves, as soon as the ATF says go ahead, you all will grab one. Im not even gonna lie, ill preorder one as soon as i can. they will just serialize them like they did the lightning link until they can get the guys to stop making em. Fuk it, im all in

Platinum
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 3261
  • EE 100% (30)
USA USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:24:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Everyone on here who says 500 is steep is kidding themselves, as soon as the ATF says go ahead, you all will grab one. Im not even gonna lie, ill preorder one as soon as i can. they will just serialize them like they did the lightning link until they can get the guys to stop making em. Fuk it, im all in
View Quote

Basic
  • Joined Apr 2012
  • Posts 372
  • EE 0% (0)
USA PA, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:33:29 PM EST
This would certainly be a nice thing to have for hog extermination.

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 215
  • EE 100% (3)
USA WI, USA
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:34:28 PM EST
View Quote

yup...I hope just hope its durable

Basic
  • Joined Jan 2009
  • Posts 2614
  • EE 100% (76)
USA NJ, USA
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 3:11:10 AM EST
View Quote

lol...we'll see Richie Rich...

$500 for just a trigger is tough to pull the trigger on for ALLLLLLOT of people, even those of us with fat wallets. I'm very happy with my KAC and JP triggers but will buy this IF CHEAPER. I can buy a complete upper for $500, decent glass, and there are plenty of other triggers out there that people are perfectly happy with that won't demand they spend that much on a trigger.

When this goes live, it will be interesting to see the sales in month 3+

Basic
  • Joined Jan 2009
  • Posts 2615
  • EE 100% (76)
USA NJ, USA
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 3:12:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By jray02r1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jray02r1:

I'll comment on the durable part;

agree, no doubt many people will wait to see the reviews, testing and commentary.

Basic
  • Joined Jul 2006
  • Posts 970
  • EE 100% (15)
USA OH, USA
NRA
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 3:24:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/14/2013 3:31:44 AM EST by Spartikis]
Originally Posted By RUTGERS95:

$500 for just a trigger is tough to pull the trigger on for ALLLLLLOT of people, even those of us with fat wallets. I'm very happy with my KAC and JP triggers but will buy this IF CHEAPER. I can buy a complete upper for $500, decent glass, and there are plenty of other triggers out there that people are perfectly happy with that won't demand they spend that much on a trigger.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RUTGERS95:

I always found it ironic that a guy would complain about not being able to afford a class 3 full auto M4 rifle, but in the next thread he would show a pic of his gun safe full of 20+ Ar15 rifles...its like hey dude, sell HALF of your collection and you could easily afford a full auto, quality vs quantity i suppose. I think this trigger is the same thing but on a cheaper scale. I would much rather have one Ar15 with this $500 trigger than two AR15s with regular semi auto triggers. You can only shoot one rifle at a time, plus with it being a select fire capable i feel it puts it a level above options like the lightning link.

Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2008
  • Posts 472
  • EE 100% (4)
USA AL, USA
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 3:44:35 AM EST
Complete 14.5" w/ pinned flash hider and the trigger group is $2700...

http://www.kearms.com/rifle-select-fire-black-14in

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44