Link Posted: 4/2/2009 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
looks good.!   I just want to see an ACOG
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Mail me one and I will!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
ha! you got more cash to blow than I do.    
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
For the 20rd fans, since it came up this am!

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome piece... and it's a Colt... ya....
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

ETA : Just noticed no front side swivel sling mount - would be better to mount on the rail anyway since the bbl is FF.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA : Just noticed no front side swivel sling mount - would be better to mount on the rail anyway since the bbl is FF.  

Use a QD swivel in the front hole.  Or use a rail mounted sling mount.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the going price for one of these right now ????  

I have an opportunity to get one, just wondering if I'm getting a good deal......

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have an opportunity to get one, just wondering if I'm getting a good deal......

Thanks

The average seems to be about $2000 right now. If it's more than that don't buy it and just get one off gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Went to the range on Wed to sight in a 6920 and 6940(iron sights). Both fired 3x10 (wide 10 ring) shot groups at a standard SR-1  200 yd target
in rapid fire sit shooting M193  TW 73 ammunition. I was very happy, not to say surprised, with the results. Both worked flawlessly
with 30 rd PMAGs which needed to be function tested too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Went to the range on Wed to sight in a 6920 and 6940(iron sights). Both fired 3x10 (wide 10 ring) shot groups at a standard SR-1  200 yd target
in rapid fire sit shooting M193  TW 73 ammunition. I was very happy, not to say surprised, with the results. Both worked flawlessly
with 30 rd PMAGs which needed to be function tested too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#12]
All I can say is wow...ive always been on Colts back about the oddball size lower FCG pins but now they have gone to standard size again...I wish I could get one of those lowers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

The average seems to be about $2000 right now. If it's more than that don't buy it and just get one off gunbroker.

So....if I could get one for say....< $1500 i should get it......

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I would pay that if I got get one and I had the money.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
a new product from colt.

wow.

a new product from colt actually in a consumers' hands..

double wow.

I need to go back and eat some comments I made about colt.

You'd never see that from HK
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

So....if I could get one for say....< $1500 i should get it......

Hell yeah! You'd be crazy if you could find one for that price and didn't pick it up. You'd basically be getting it for cheaper than what people are paying for a 6920 right now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#17]
So this is the Colt monolith upper AR? Didn't they say they're also working on a piston driven upper?

It seems it would work perfect with the rails here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So this is the Colt monolith upper AR? Didn't they say they're also working on a piston driven upper?

+1

Would seem to be a strategically timed released. When Colt releases a piston driven MRP type AR , i'll proudly bathe in the Kool-Aid, SOPMOD stock, MIAD grip and all!

I'm not a fan of FSB/Gas Blocks that aren't protected underneath the HG. Especially for a duty weapon!

But what do I know? I just know what I like and i'm a consumer. One single consumer.

HS1

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

you are thinking of the LE 1020

not gonna happen, project is closed

there is a selectfire  APC though,  Advanced piston carbine,   but its   a PDW and is  selectifire with aside folding(not collapsible) stock
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Can I ask how you have an unopened box at your (I presume) home?  Most gun shops take the step of inspecting the serial number of the rifle, and not the package, for their records.  And why wouldn't you want to inspect it before taking it home?

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]
What did COLT do to that Lower? No RDIAS OR RLL there. Also, all that rust is pitiful - I don't see attraction to COLT - at -all. Let along paying premium over Bushmasters LE models or other major makes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics.

thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What did COLT do to that Lower? No RDIAS OR RLL there. Also, all that rust is pitiful - I don't see attraction to COLT - at -all. Let along paying premium over Bushmasters LE models or other major makes.

Clueless.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmmm, I've been turned off in the past by the "koolaid drinker" mentality (which I think is a term that is quite overused BTW), but after seeing these pics and review, I kinda felt myself wanting one. ARRRGGGGG. I'll add a colt 6940 to the list of things to buy before I die, but I think if I ever do buy one, I'll just leave it in its completely original state. Leave everything the way it is, just to pay my homage to the all time provider of weapons to our american military men.

Nice rifle, nice pics, thanx for your time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if that notch in the rear lug of the upper was going to be some part of making the guns proprietary?

You could have a matching raised area in the lower, and your lower would not be able to accept other brands of uppers.

Hmm. . .  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder if that notch in the rear lug of the upper was going to be some part of making the guns proprietary?

You could have a matching raised area in the lower, and your lower would not be able to accept other brands of uppers.

Hmm. . .  Any thoughts?

I dont believe so.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Just picked up my 6940 on Wednesday. Happened to walk into Scottsdale Gun Club at the right time when I was on vacation.

My two 6920's are jealous of their new roomate

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just picked up my 6940 on Wednesday. Happened to walk into Scottsdale Gun Club at the right time when I was on vacation.

My two 6920's are jealous of their new roomate

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=9437

I'd be jealous too!

Close that dust cover, these things have a tendency to multiply.  Dont want the 6920's getting in there and trying to breed.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I just picked up my 6940 today and for the record, it was  VERY WET.  all over......  no rust lots of oil and lube....  

Pics forthcoming.......

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just picked up my 6940 today and for the record, it was just like I like my women:  VERY WET.  all over......  no rust lots of oil and lube....  

Pics or it was a dream !

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#32]
When I picked up my new Colt in January I was surprised to see how much brass was on the bolt face.  Bottom line is that smacks of quality control, a positive for Colt.  

Welcome to your new Pony, well done post Sabre.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When I picked up my new Colt in January I was surprised to see how much brass was on the bolt face.  Bottom line is that smacks of quality control, a positive for Colt.  

Noob, that is rust not brass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Anybody have pics?
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noob, that is rust not brass.

ITS RUST!!!1!!!! OH NOES!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#36]
How solid is that bottom rail with a VFG mounted?  If there's play in it, I'll be very irritated.  This is the one issue that is making me hesitate.  I don't care for the rear BUIS or the FSB, but those are both easily replaced.  Movement in the 6 o'clock rail, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone know if KAC rail covers are compatible withe the 6940? If not which ones are?...Have one coming in tomorrow and have of ton of KAC covers
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I dont think so... I dont see the cut on the rail for the KAC clip
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How solid is that bottom rail with a VFG mounted?  If there's play in it, I'll be very irritated.  This is the one issue that is making me hesitate.  I don't care for the rear BUIS or the FSB, but those are both easily replaced.  Movement in the 6 o'clock rail, not so much.

My bottom rail has no, I say NO, movement at all when in place.  Locks up rock solid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for this thread Sabre223, you pushed me over the 6940 edge.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#41]
shot a few of them last week. Nice rifle but nothing super special. Rail was solid as hell and so is the folding front sight. Id buy one but definitely not for $2000. MSRP sounds fair. Had a chance to switch from aimpoints to a few different acogs back and forth between them and they were suprisingly close to zeroed on both rifles. Thumbs up to colt for sure. Just need them to put a QD sling swivel on the rear now too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
shot a few of them last week. Nice rifle but nothing super special. Rail was solid as hell and so is the folding front sight. Id buy one but definitely not for $2000. MSRP sounds fair. Had a chance to switch from aimpoints to a few different acogs back and forth between them and they were suprisingly close to zeroed on both rifles. Thumbs up to colt for sure. Just need them to put a QD sling swivel on the rear now too.

Where did you come across a few of the 6940s to shoot in CT?  I am in Bridgeport this week on business.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use a QD swivel in the front hole.  Or use a rail mounted sling mount.

Comes in a little plastic bag in the big brown box.  Chamber and bore brush, too!  All that and more ABSOLUTELY FREE . . . if you pop for the rifle.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bottom rail is rock solid.  Yup, the sights are funky.  Fold 'em down and use yer optics.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Id buy one but definitely not for $2000. MSRP sounds fair.

Well you get to save $1 as MSRP is supposed to be $1999.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Man, how could you blow so much money on that piece of shit. I mean, that bolt looks like it's had a couple thousand rounds through it and there is rust on it!

Should have bought a DPMS.

Could have bought TWO DPMS's––and maybe even enough replacement bolts and other parts to keep one of them running through a five day class.  Maybe.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks good, but for two Gs it would be nice if they didn't equip it with the cheapest sights they could possibly find.

An A.R.M.S. Silhouette and 40L would have been nice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#48]
15 minutes after cutting the tape, completely stock and unmolested...

http://www.motonews.com/images/fbfiles/images/LE6940_XDm40.jpg
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone else have pics?
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, how could you blow so much money on that piece of shit. I mean, that bolt looks like it's had a couple thousand rounds through it and there is rust on it!

Should have bought a DPMS.

Could have bought TWO DPMS's––and maybe even enough replacement bolts and other parts to keep one of them running through a five day class.  Maybe.

You need to have your sarcasm radar adjusted.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top