BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Did anyone happen to save a screen shot of the Wolf @99 from Sportsman's Guide? I sure would like a copy of that file.

I just got part of my order from them and my backordered Wolf is priced at 123.47/case even though my confirmation email from them clearly had it at 99.72.

I called Customer Service and got the "Sorry. It has gone up in price so you have to pay it."

I would liek a screen shot to help my case at a later date.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they are changing prices all over the place.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=153249

I ordered some of the 300 round 62 gr. packs last night at $37.97 apiece ($126.57 a thousand),  which works out nicely because 4 packs puts you at $151.88 to apply to $15 off $150 coupon and because the 300 round packs are also in stock.

But it looks like they bumped up the price $10 today to $47.97 a 300-round pack and for some reason 62 gr. is also $20 cheaper than 55 gr.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did anyone happen to save a screen shot of the Wolf @99 from Sportsman's Guide? I sure would like a copy of that file.

I just got part of my order from them and my backordered Wolf is priced at 123.47/case even though my confirmation email from them clearly had it at 99.72.

I called Customer Service and got the "Sorry. It has gone up in price so you have to pay it."

Thanks

So, you ordered it at 99.xx and they are going to charge you 123.xx?  Hmm, I ordered at 99.xx, and got something in the mail saying I could cancel if I wanted, since it was backordered, but it had my correct order and amounts on it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is this legal???  According to what you have stated... backorders are billed at the current price whenever the ammo comes in and they ship it out!?? Sure doesn’t sound like they are honoring the sale price. Sounds like an unethical bait and switch. In which case, people would have NO IDEA what they are going to pay until they get billed!

I’m thinking of cancelling my order...I sure as heck don’t want to get billed $166 for Wolf!

I did some poking around to see what SG's policy on backorders are...didn't come up with anything, but I did find this statement (its old like 1999) that might shed some light on the subject...If this is the case, its time to cancel my membership and start reloading!

Sportsman's Guide Suffers 3rd Q Loss
"Among the reasons for the shortfall in our current quarter are lower than anticipated customer response rates and higher costs due to higher than normal levels of backorders," said Gary Olen, chairman and CEO in a statement."

I'm guessing SG figured from history that they were going to loose thier ass on this one, jacked up the price so people would stop ordering and/or cancel thier orders.  What really would piss me off is if they DON'T HONOR THE SALE PRICE that everybody that backordered from is entitled to, which Ratski already reported. I think they also jacked the price way higher is so they have some "bargaining room" so if someone complains about that price they can meetyou in the middle and say 'we'll give the $123 price.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Reading is fundamental.  

You are correct.  So how did you miss their large order disclaimer?  To think that they would ship 20 cases of ammo for $20, seems to lack something....

I ordered 20 items once, 20 different items and they called and told me I looked like a commericial customer.  I said I wasn't and said to cancel the order.  I then asked what the magic numbers where to not be considered a commercial customer and she told me.

No threats to cancel my Buyers Club or anything.  I bet you got a little testy on the phone so they just decided to handle you appropriately.  

I probably bought $2500 worth of ammo, gun and ATV accories from them last year on my buyers club discount.  No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I'm pretty pissed with SG right now. I ordered a case with the quoted price of $108.96 including shipping on 6/26. Got a letter today saying they were backordered and would charge my card for $134.96, well over 20% what I originally bought it for. This is totally unacceptable. I sent them an email expressing my lack of satisfaction with this situation. If they don't fix it they will lose one (formerly) regular customer for life.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I'm pretty pissed with SG right now. I ordered a case with the quoted price of $108.96 including shipping on 6/26. Got a letter today saying they were backordered and would charge my card for $134.96, well over 20% what I originally bought it for. This is totally unacceptable. I sent them an email expressing my lack of satisfaction with this situation. If they don't fix it they will lose one (formerly) regular customer for life.

i had the same problem once. fax them a copy of your order confermation and tell them if they dont honer it you will file a complaint with the BBB. this has worked in the past.
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
To hell with SG, they refuse to ship to MD. Everyone else does though. Some strange policy. Thank god I don't use Wolf plastic or I would be pissed. That's a good price.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered on 6/19/06 for $102.70 shipped (minus the fatwallet rebate) that lists backordered to ship 6/30/06. I got an email confirmation.

After reading several threads, I got nervous that they would charge me more when it shipped so I called today.

I spoke with an extremely nice lady who assured me that I was "locked in" at the original sale price whenever my order shipped. She offered to mark my order "not to be cancelled". Curteous, efficient custumer service.

Sorry to those having trouble with your orders. I was all set to tell them to stuff it if they were going to charge me more than the sale price, but was totally disarmed by their response.

SG has been good to me and I'll continue to buy through them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent an email asking about thier backorder policy. The reply "The price went up so you have to pay it." is not acceptable accoring to the statement below!  If you're getting the runaround, it could be you got a service rep who doesn't know what the hell he/she was doing or is lazy. Keep calling back and see if you can get someone willing to help you out. I also have NEVER had any problem wit SG, but that reply that you got has me spooked.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for the E-mail.

If you place an order for a back ordered item, it will not charge until the item ships out to you.  You will be charged the amount that it was when ordering.  Please remember that back order dates are tentative and are based upon vendor shipments to us.  Sometimes these dates can change to an earlier or later date. If you have any other questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors,

Cari Scott  
Customer Service
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So how did you miss their large order disclaimer?  To think that they would ship 20 cases of ammo for $20, seems to lack something....

I never had a problem with paying actual shipping costs, I had a problem with a bait and switch scam where I ordered at $99/case and they tried to charge me $174/case.  To not think that's a problem seems to "lack something"....

I ordered 20 items once, 20 different items and they called and told me I looked like a commericial customer.  I said I wasn't and said to cancel the order.  I then asked what the magic numbers where to not be considered a commercial customer and she told me.

I asked what the magic number was and was told that there was no magic number.  I was imformed that they arbitrarily decide who is a "commercial" customer and who is not.  What number were you given?

No threats to cancel my Buyers Club or anything.  I bet you got a little testy on the phone so they just decided to handle you appropriately.

You'd lose that bet, the more pissed off I get, the more polite I am, right up to the point where my lawyer gets involved.

I received the email I copied above, then called and was told that once I was flagged as a commercial customer there was no going back, so I accepted the higher shipping charge and agreed to pay the "non-club" sale price of $104/case.  

I later checked on my order and was floored to find that they had executed a bait-and-switch of epic proportions and snuck in the $174/case price.   When I called to cancel, the CS rep put me on hold while he went to talk with someone up the chain of command.  The end result was they decided to honor the original price I had canceled in favor of the incredible sale price they posted.

I don't know if this whole Wolf ammo sale was a mistake that they handled poorly or a deliberate bait and switch.  In any case, it was an unpleasant experience that destroyed the confidence I had in SG and I'll be buying my ammo elsewhere in the future.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I just called SG 30 sec ago and spoke to a nice lady about my order. They showed that it was on B/O for 30 JUN 2006 and that if it did come in today, it would ship out next M or W. I asked for the total that would be charged on my CC and they said the original price. I told them a few other people reported price increases and she was surprised.

I highly recommend you call up SG yourself and ask about your order.

Wolf 223 Remington is NOT worth it at anything over 14c-15c a round. $175/1000 + shipping is nearly 18c/rd, you can get surplus XM855PD at that price.

I shoot Wolf for TWO reasons:

1). Test my weapons to see if they will run on inexpensive steel cased underpowered ammo.
2). Because it is cheap

If Wolf is no longer cheap, then I'll shoot the next least expensive brass cased ammo. I am not permanently bound to shooting any certain type/brand of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
just called and my order for 4k rounds was supposed to ship today.  she showed it had not arrived yet but could arrive anytime.  She did say if they send out a backorder slip with a changed date of the backorder that you have 10 days to call in to confirm your order or they will cancel.

here is the item I ordered 4 of.

AX5M1-52591 Wolf® .223 55 Gr. FMJBT 1,000 rds.   GROUND ASSIGNMENT PENDING Expected Ship Date 06/30/2006
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Well,  after my recent "tough guy they better give me what I ordered at the price they quoted" post I just got my price switched on me today.  I have an email confirmation from SG dated 6/23/2006 confirming my order, 2K rounds - here's the snippet form the email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Information:
1.  Wolf® .223 55 Gr. FMJBT 1,000 rds.
   Product: AX5M1-52591
   You must be 18 years of age to purchase this item.
   Expected availability: August 1, 2006.
   Quantity: 2, Unit Price: $104.97, Total Price: $209.94

Payment Information:
Merchandise Total:                              $209.94
Shipping and Handling:                           $17.99
Shipping Method:        [Ground]
---------------------------------------------==============-----------
Grand Total:                                    $227.93

Enjoy the outdoors!

then, I get another confirmation today sent via first class mail dated 6/25/2006 that has a price of $129.97 per 1K rounds for a total (after shipping, at least it stayed the same) of $277.93, with a message directing me to call their 800 number if I wish to cancel since it will be 30-45 days before the order ships.

So, I call and complain, and basically get told their's nothing they can do, they reserve the right to change the price, etc. etc, something about their website not having the "current" price becuase it's not a "real time" system (then why email a confirmation of the price including shipping?).  The girl was very nice and I attempted to remain professional about the whole thing.  The best they would do is attach a $10 coupon to the order for a total of $267.93.  they claim this number is still below their cost based on a recent unexpected (read:  piss poor inventory, website management and business practice) price increase.

So, I'm at a crossroads - be the tough guy and cancel my order based on principal and their horrible business management, or deal with it and take the 2K rounds at some unknown date in the future and hope they don't decide to increase the price on me again since it's still a better price than I can get right now.  So far, I have not cancelled my order.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#17]
btw, I don't think I've ever bought from SG before....is this a fluke occurrence or has this happened before with backordered stuff from them?  Is it worth keeping my order with them or is this one of those "buyer beware" kind of companies?  It's certainly a bad first (and probably last) impression.  They even asked if I had ever ordered form them before, and I wasn't sure how to take that.

Money is Money, I don't have much, and it's still not a bad price, but i don't want to keep my business with them if they have a history of this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
they reserve the right to change the price, etc. etc, something about their website not having the "current" price becuase it's not a "real time" system (then why email a confirmation of the price including shipping?).
...and hope they don't decide to increase the price on me again since it's still a better price than I can get right now.

I've ordered tons of stuff from SG with NO PROBLEMS.  Backorders have always been filled at the price quoted at time of purchase. Like you mentioned, a bad inventory system and extreme backorders combined with Manufactures rising prices have SG under a barrel. Piss off customers and recoup some losses or suck it up and take a hard financial hit.  Looks like they decided to loose some customers.

They reserve the right to change the price? Thats BS! Thats like just making it into a restaurant before 6:00pm for an earlybird special, looking in the menu at an $8 steak , then getting a bill for  $20 + tax at the end of the night because its past 7:00pm?

$129.97 is still a good price..but thats not the point...if they advertise something for $X and someone agrees to buy it at that price they should honor it no matter what (internet screwup, or whatever - thats thier problem). I suspect everyone who ordered the $99 special will get the same treatment. For me, I'm cancelling my order based on principle. I can reload for $80 per 1000 and not have to deal with the hassle of Sportsman's Guide.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the first time I have a B/O with SG.

I have a hunch that the folks with large orders are the ones who had the prices jacked up.
I only have an order for 1 case, and I think a guy with an order for 4 cases still had the same original price.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
File BBB complaints if they raise the price on you.  I've never had them do that even when having items on backorder for 6 months.

Also, contest the additional charges with your credit card company.  Kind of hard to justify additional charges when you have the price confirmation they sent you.  Must be coming down from the French owners to screw the American customers.  

I plan to go the BBB route, but also will keep calling to see if I can get someone to honor the price.  They haven't charged my card yet - it's still back ordered.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Just opened the same notice showing the increase.
Fired off an irate email (replied to original e-confimation of my order,showing the $99 price).
Then figured if I was geting screwed (or at least greased up) so were others.
Checked Arfcom and suspicions confirmed.
Either I get my price OR will never order from them again.And badmouth the living piss outta them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]
If enough people inquire about it, something might happen.  But be prepaired...one resolve they may have to get out of honoring the $99 special is to put everyone on perpetual backorder so people get tired of waiting and cancel thier orders!
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

When did you place your order and how many cases did you order?

I am wondering if there is a cut off date and quantity limitation to their price increase.

Link Posted: 6/30/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
my order was placed on 6/19 for three cases. no notice of an increase by mail or e-mail. maybe i will get one later, who knows. they did this to me with my 7.62x39 order. first the cancled my order with out telling me, then i called to complain and they said they would put my order through but at the new price (double what i orderd it at). so i faxed a copy of my e-mail confermation to a manager and demanded (nicely) that the fix their screw up. it took a little work but they did end up selling it at the original price. some say this is not worth the hassle but when they have a sale you cant beat the price. my 7.62x39 finally came in and well worth the hassle, 5760 rounds deliverd for under $400. look at the prices some are paying for the same ammo now. i could sell this stuff for well over double what i paid for it right now. not a bad investment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am wondering if there is a cut off date and quantity limitation to their price increase.

2 cases on 06/24 at 0757 hrs.

They just replied to my email complaining about the price hike AFTER I received an order confirmation.

NOW,they are saying that the $104 was a MEMBERS price only,and they caught the fact that I wasn't a member, after they confirmed the order.

Hmm,smells like BULLSHIT to me!

Any non-memebers get the $104 price?I thought the member price was $99.

I believe I'm gonna go to the mat on this one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 cases on 06/24 at 0757 hrs.

They just replied to my email complaining about the price hike AFTER I received an order confirmation.

NOW,they are saying that the $104 was a MEMBERS price only,and they caught the fact that I wasn't a member, after they confirmed the order.

Hmm,smells like BULLSHIT to me!

Any non-memebers get the $104 price?I thought the member price was $99.

I believe I'm gonna go to the mat on this one.

Member price is $99.72.  $104 is regular price.  I joined the club to get the $99.72 price and ordered 5 cases.  Used the SG2662 $20 off coupon as well.  My total came up to $528.58 shipped.  But alas, I got the same fucking piece of mail today with the price hike to $124/case.  I just sent an email to cust. serv. about it.  I WILL be calling if I don't get a satisfactory reply.  Also I will talk as much shit as I can about them if they don't honor the price and I'm going to fight them til' the end on this one.  

This is as bad as the shit ammoman pulled.  

-X
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Thanks

I saved a copy of the web page if anyone is intrested

Link Posted: 7/2/2006 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

might as well post it to this thread.
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

+1
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

+1

Its a MHTML Document, I can send it to some one who knows how to post it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered 4k when the deal came out. I saw it on the AK forum. Thanks to those who posted it. My order is at $104 per k. The backorder will be awhile, I figure. I now only need to buy an AR to fire the ammo out of.
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's the confirmation I received when I ordered. I have not received any other notification since:

==============================================================
Thank you for shopping at Sportsman's Guide.

Please note that if you ordered several items to be delivered to the same
address, we may send them to you in separate boxes to give you the speediest service. This will
not affect your shipping charges. All orders subject to credit card approval. We will
notify you immediately if your item is not available.

Billing Information:
Name: XXXXXXXXX  Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Daytime Phone: XXXXXXXXX  Evening Phone:
Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Shipping Information:
Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
Daytime Phone: XXXXXXXXXX Evening Phone:
Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Order Date: June 19, 2006 11:06 PM Central
Expected delivery date for in-stock items: 3-7 Business Days

Product Information:
1.  Wolf® .223 55 Gr. FMJBT 1,000 rds.
   Product: AX5M1-52591
   You must be 18 years of age to purchase this item.
   Expected availability: June 30, 2006.
   Quantity: 2, Club Unit Price: $99.72, Club Total Price: $199.44

Payment Information:
Merchandise Total:                              $199.44
Shipping and Handling:                            $8.99
Shipping Method:        [Ground]
Package Protection:                               $0.99
Club Membership:                                 $29.99
Coupon:                 [SPG2453]              - $15.00
---------------------------------------------==============-----------
Grand Total:                                    $224.41

Thank you for joining the Buyer's Club!
Your Buyer's Club merchandise savings on this order is $10.50!

Enjoy the outdoors!

========================================
To contact us via Postal Mail write to:  
S. G. Customer Service, 411 Farwell Ave., So. St. Paul, MN 55075-9876
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I never had a problem with paying actual shipping costs, I had a problem with a bait and switch scam where I ordered at $99/case and they tried to charge me $174/case.  To not think that's a problem seems to "lack something"....

Yep. This is my problem with SG. They advertise $99/case, immediately jack up the price after I order, then charge me the new price. Bait and switch indeed.

I sent them an email protesting the $26 jack up in price for the case I ordered. They responded with this shit:

Dear Sucker, er, Valued Customer,

Thank you for the E-mail.

We apologize.

The price has gone up on that ammo.  Do you wish to keep the order?

It is on back order with an approximate ship date of 08/01/06.

Backorder dates are tentative and may change if the vendor fills the order before the expected date or is unable to fill the order on the expected date.

If you have any other questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors,

Becky Barnes

Customer Service

I told them to cancel it and to stop sending me catalogs as I'll never buy from them again. I'm not going to spend hours calling them, haranguing managers, reporting them to the BBB, etc. If they can't do right without being harassed, they don't deserve my business.
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered on 6/18 and I received a notice in the mail stating that it was out of stock and would ship asap.  The prices listed on the notice were the same as advertised.

Now that I see people's orders having the price jacked up I wish I had not tossed the notice in the trash.

There must be a method to the selection of people who got prices changed.  We should list how much we bought on what date and see if there is a correlation to the date and amount that the people who got their prices changed.

6/18 - 2K
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#38]
6/18 - 2K
No notification of price change yet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 3:52:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Now that I see people's orders having the price jacked up I wish I had not tossed the notice in the trash.

Me too.  I got a confirmation in the mail with the correct price and trashed it.  Haven't got anything else about it,

Ordered on 6/21 - 2K rounds.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 4:04:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
6/18 - 2K
No notification of price change yet.

I guess I was one of the first to order.

6/13 -  3K

I got one of the notifications in the mail. I saved it just on the chance they might try and back out on the price. So far so good. I think someone posted that 6/20 or 6/21 might be the cutoff date.

Link Posted: 7/3/2006 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered 4k on 6-20.  Was told on the phone a few days ago the $99 fee will be honored.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, I ordered 2k the 26th at the Club Price of $99.72/case. As always, I printed the web receipt and the email confirmation.
Backorder notice showed up the 30th with a 25% price increase.

I just got off the phone with a SG supervisor.
She apologized but Sportsmans' Guide will not honor their accepted offer to sell at the confirmed price.

She fell back on the weasle language of their disclaimer and that since they did not charge me, they were not bound.

I will not buy from them again as that type of behavior is BAD BUSINESS!
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#43]

I know there is a lot of bad blood about the increase from $99 to $124 or whatever they raised the backorders to. But if you guys haven't noticed, it looks like Ammoman is going to set the price for Wolf again. Hes got it for $179 and SG just raised theres close to it. I would bet money that the other vendors will follow suit shortly.

$124 isn't going to look to bad in the near future. YMMV IMHO

Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I know there is a lot of bad blood about the increase from $99 to $124 or whatever they raised the backorders to. But if you guys haven't noticed, it looks like Ammoman is going to set the price for Wolf again. Hes got it for $179 and SG just raised theres close to it. I would bet money that the other vendors will follow suit shortly.

That may be true but I will not do business with a company I can not trust to honor an advertised price without falling back on legal disclaimers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That may be true but I will not do business with a company I can not trust to honor an advertised price without falling back on legal disclaimers.

then your shopping needs will be very limited IMHO.
there are very few without a disclaimer I can find anyway.

have any links to some?
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Just because they can fall back on a disclaimer doesn't mean they will.

I have defended SG in the past on this forum because they always honored the original price on backorders. I didn't look for another source that had it in stock because I trusted SG to ship at the stated price whenever they had stock.
Now they have chosen to avoid the sale at the stated price by legal maneuver. That is their right.

My right is to inform everyone that I see no reason to buy from Sportsman's Guide on backorder since they now have a history of substantially increasing the price of the product after accepting the sale but prior to shipping.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I have defended SG in the past on this forum because they always honored the original price on backorders. I didn't look for another source that had it in stock because I trusted SG to ship at the stated price whenever they had stock.
Now they have chosen to avoid the sale at the stated price by legal maneuver. That is their right.

My right is to inform everyone that I see no reason to buy from Sportsman's Guide on backorder since they now have a history of substantially increasing the price of the product after accepting the sale but prior to shipping.

this is the first instance I've heard of.  can I have a little run down on the history?

I understand where you're coming from to an extent, but they don't want to/can't  take a $25 hit per case either. prices are and have been rising for us and them.
$25 X too many and you'll have to get it elsewhere and we lose yet another source.

Link Posted: 7/3/2006 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Just cancel your order and go elsewhere. SG has always had one of the lowest prices for ammo and the Wolf price hike is indeed rather suspicious. However everything is going up in price in case you haven't noticed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is the first instance I've heard of.  can I have a little run down on the history?

OK, I'm a little unclear on what you're asking here but I will try.
You had asked for links to vendors that don't have a disclaimer and my point was that while they all may have the disclaimer, not everyone uses it.
In the past, SG has honored the BO price when they finally shipped.
This time they've told me they will not and are not bound to do so.
In case you missed my earlier post, I placed the order for $99.72/case and now they will not honor it.

Quoted:
I understand where you're coming from to an extent, but they don't want to/can't  take a $25 hit per case either. prices are and have been rising for us and them.
$25 X too many and you'll have to get it elsewhere and we lose yet another source.

Then they should not have offered to sell at that price.
Backorders are a way of enticing a customer to confirm an order to buy rather than look elsewhere. In the past, SG has treated these similar to a rain check in that the customer was able to lock the price and wait for shipping. They've not increased the price of confirmed sales to reflect an increase. That is why you see threads where several people are waiting for the same OOS product at different prices.
Now SG is claiming they have no control over the increase, but according to posts in this thread, they will honor the original price for some but not others.
They shorted the market, there's a margin call and they can't/won't deliver.
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Called cust. serv. and they said pay it or cancel it.  Needless to say, my membership and order has been cancelled.  I will not buy from this company again.  Turns out my first order is also my last order from these assholes.  Dammit...  I wanted some of the M855 they have too.  

So are there others out there getting the $99.97 (club price, $104 non club) case price honored?  If so, I say we raise a bunch of shit about it with SG.  But we need to be careful not to screw the guys who got to keep the $99.97 price.

-X
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top