Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
ost
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]

MAC has another pic on his FB for anyone that wants to look it up.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually, if people want an AK that shoots 9mm then there actually won't be one available. This is a blowback firearm. That is a completely different operating principle from a long stroke piston. This really, in the end, is more like the Hi-Point you mock dressed up like an AK. For that reason, it is ridiculously overpriced and just because something is "not a cheap endeavor" that does not mean it will not turn out a cheap or simple design that is overpriced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too much $$$$. When you can get a Nano rife for $550, the AKX-9 prices itself too high. Unfortunate....

A Nano is too expensive, a Hi point carbine shoot 9mm and is a carbine!  

Point being, it isn't so much about the price, but rather if you want an AK that shoots 9mm, there now will be one available.    

I think people are confusing "pistol caliber" with "cheap"   Engineering a 9mm AK from scratch is NOT a cheap endeavor, and neither is making it from all new parts and not just knocking it together from whatever scrap surplus kits there are.

Actually, if people want an AK that shoots 9mm then there actually won't be one available. This is a blowback firearm. That is a completely different operating principle from a long stroke piston. This really, in the end, is more like the Hi-Point you mock dressed up like an AK. For that reason, it is ridiculously overpriced and just because something is "not a cheap endeavor" that does not mean it will not turn out a cheap or simple design that is overpriced.

Hmm...had to look. If we got a real deal Vityaz it would be blowback and 99.9% of 9mm subguns are blowback.

A few (including Sig) are still struggling to try to produce gas operated 9mm's.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't care that it is blowback as my Uzi is and it works just fine suppressed.  Definitely want one of these 9mm AKs badly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

MAC has another pic on his FB for anyone that wants to look it up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Apparently Izmash doesn't know they aren't building 9mm AK's then when they build the 9mm Viyatz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too much $$$$. When you can get a Nano rife for $550, the AKX-9 prices itself too high. Unfortunate....

Point being, it isn't so much about the price, but rather if you want an AK that shoots 9mm, there now will be one available.    

I think people are confusing "pistol caliber" with "cheap"   Engineering a 9mm AK from scratch is NOT a cheap endeavor, and neither is making it from all new parts and not just knocking it together from whatever scrap surplus kits there are.

Apparently Izmash doesn't know they aren't building 9mm AK's then when they build the 9mm Viyatz.

Actually, the seem quite aware of that fact on account that they call it a Viyatz . Just because Izmash manufactures something does not mean it is an AK. For something to be an AK it would need to be built on the same operating principle of said firearm otherwise it is simple cosmetics. I mean hell, for you, a Fiero Mera is a Ferrari but that doesn't actually make it a Ferrari.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually, the seem quite aware of that fact on account that they call it a Viyatz . Just because Izmash manufactures something does not mean it is an AK. For something to be an AK it would need to be built on the same operating principle of said firearm otherwise it is simple cosmetics. I mean hell, for you, a Fiero Mera is a Ferrari but that doesn't actually make it a Ferrari.

View Quote

So....the pistol caliber AR's aren't AR's?

They are.......?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are.......?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are.......?

There are gas operated pistol caliber AR-15's
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are.......?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are.......?

Fieros or something.

Blofeld, seriously - the Vityaz isn't an AK because it's called a Vityaz,  even though Izmash makes it, and it's commonly known as the 9mm AK.. Sigh.

So you love the principle of the AK so much that this is some sort of Hi-Point in a bodykit to you, because it's not gas operated.

Yet if it was gas-operated, it would be the opposite of an AK in the abstract: instead of simplistic and rock-solid reliable, it would be an ammo sensitive, unreliable, overly complex system.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Atlantic,
What kind of volume will you all be producing these in off the bat?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The AKX-9 is a blowback operating system & very reliable , it has been tested with a wide variety of ammo , It has also been tested with suppressors and works just fine.
View Quote

How well does it suppress with subs?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you have heard of the "Vityaz", the Russian made 9mm SMG based on the AK74 that is made for Russian police. It too happens to be blowback operated. If by some chance the stars aligned and it suddenly became available in the US, do you think it would sell for $500 or perhaps $1300 or more?

I'm not sure why you think the inclusion of a gas piston raises the cost of the firearm significantly. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you've come to this conclusion.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Another photo on the AK47Unions Face Book page..........https://www.facebook.com/AkOperatorsUnion/photos/a.660264900672459.1073741828.656164651082484/954754544556825/?type=1&theater

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
These teasers are just getting retarded.  Trying to build hype is one thing.. but at this point they are just pissing people off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I received photo of a prototype of the gun, and for anyone thinking this is going to be anything like a vityaz,  your going to be greatly disappointed... it's definitely going to be it's own thing, with some neat features, but it's not even close to a pp19. .
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I received photo of a prototype of the gun, and for anyone thinking this is going to be anything like a vityaz,  your going to be greatly disappointed... it's definitely going to be it's own thing, with some neat features, but it's not even close to a pp19. .
View Quote
Pics or it didn't happen...

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I figured. The most unfortunate decision, in my view, was the choice of magazine. MP5 or Sterling mags would have helped AKX look a bit more like Vityaz. Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing this gun for sale. Hopefully, the price is palatable so I can pick one up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bigtiny , please post your pic we would like to see it
View Quote

Sorry, I can't do that. I agreed not to share it..
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Based on fike's photo I think it looks good.  I don't know why people are upset that it isn't a direct copy of the Izhmash 9MM.  I think the biggest concern is price right now, which unfortunately will mostly likely be on the high end of most predictions since this isn't going to be a mass produced weapon coming off a military/large corporate production line.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmm. Last time I checked my blowback 9mm aug isn't a glorified high point, infact I belive there are multitudes of blowback 9mm rifles, SBR's and smg's.... 9mm Aug, 9mm Tavor, 9mm ar15, 9mm uzi , swedish k , S&W 76, kelteck sub2000, Sten, sterling........ But yeah I get what your saying, all blowback weapons are just like high points.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Based on fike's photo I think it looks good.  I don't know why people are upset that it isn't a direct copy of the Izhmash 9MM.  I think the biggest concern is price right now, which unfortunately will mostly likely be on the high end of most predictions since this isn't going to be a mass produced weapon coming off a military/large corporate production line.
View Quote

I agree, isn't the fact that we'll have a 9mm AK based rifle good enough? There's always room to improve, but I for one am glad we have companies willing to take a risk and do stuff like this for the market.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#30]

dammit Atlantic, I just bought an AA89 from you guys and now you come out with this???  

You'll are killing my bank account.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#32]

RIP my tax return  HUGE props on that triangle folder!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That pic is a quick composite made in Photoshop of the first 2 pics released.

Pretty good odds it will look similar, but we shouldn't assume the final product will be exactly the same.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats whats known as a call out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I like it.  Wish I had the coin.  Then again, I wish I had the coin for a great deal of what Atlantic has on their website.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is a technical forum, we don't do call out's here.

Pic was requested, reason why it wouldn't be posted was given.

Let it go. dryflash3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats whats known as a call out.

This is a technical forum, we don't do call out's here.

Pic was requested, reason why it wouldn't be posted was given.

Let it go. dryflash3

i did.but thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#38]
This seems to be a nice concept since I'm a 9mm fan and indoor range friendly too!!

It appears that these AK pistols will have the Uzi/Colt SMG type magazines...  A curved HK type magazine would have been cool as hell.

Another future SBR project!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Looked cool till I seen the price.  A Polish PPS-43c in 9mm fills the niche for $400, plus it's SBR ready. Plus it has the cool curved mags.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Atlantic, how's the progress on the MP5 magazine version?  

I have both kinds of mags, but I just like the looks of a curved magazine better.

You want us to buy both, don't you?

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looked cool till I seen the price.  A Polish PPS-43c in 9mm fills the niche for $400, plus it's SBR ready. Plus it has the cool curved mags.
View Quote

where did you "Seen the price"?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say the speculation of the price; being in the $1,000 range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

beanz2 , at this time there is no word on if we will see a MP5 mag model that firm is not progressing forward very well .The AKX-9 by Definitve Arms that uses the Colt style stick mag has been up & running since Oct 2014 . It went under intensive testing for 2 -3 months and is now in production.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I wish it took Suomi mags.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think you're the only one.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Patiently awaiting :)
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

LoL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL

Bigtiny.........a new member with 4 posts all trolling in this thread..........really?

are you affiliated with anyone please?

I have already asked another poster to drop it. That goes for you too.

This is a technical forum, so stop with the GD name calling also. dryflash3
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top